PDA

View Full Version : The Rocks newest movie roll

MGAR
06-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Via Twitter

TheRock: I'll play the legendary Charlie Pride in a movie about his life. It's my honor to bring his life to the big screen.

Roughneck93
06-18-2011, 08:56 PM
That's an odd choice. Surely we wasn't the first choice to play the roll?

Txbroadcaster
06-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Roughneck93
That's an odd choice. Surely we wasn't the first choice to play the roll?

Pride is not a small guy, and he was a very good baseball player who played in the Negro league

The Rock is listed anywhere from 6'3 to 6'4//Pride listed anywhere from 6'1 to 6'2

weight wise the Rock can lose pounds because he was not overly big in the movie where he played a QB

Roughneck93
06-18-2011, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Pride is not a small guy, and he was a very good baseball player who played in the Negro league

The Rock is listed anywhere from 6'3 to 6'4//Pride listed anywhere from 6'1 to 6'2

weight wise the Rock can lose pounds because he was not overly big in the movie where he played a QB

I was referring to his past roles as an actor. I looked it up and Terrence Howard was originally tapped to play the role.

eagles_victory
06-18-2011, 09:28 PM

weight wise the Rock can lose pounds because he was not overly big in the movie where he played a QB Actually he was always 6'5 275 in his WWE days according to Howard Finkle that is lol

Txbroadcaster
06-18-2011, 10:16 PM
I was referring to his past roles as an actor. I looked it up and Terrence Howard was originally tapped to play the role.

ahh i got ya..who knows..alot of people never thought Jamie Foxx could play a serious Ray Charles

Roughneck93
06-18-2011, 10:24 PM
ahh i got ya..who knows..alot of people never thought Jamie Foxx could play a serious Ray Charles

No doubt. Jamie Foxx is perfect example.
I like The Rock. Always wanted him to take on a serious role. Let's see what he does.

MGAR
06-18-2011, 10:40 PM
No doubt. Jamie Foxx is perfect example.
I like The Rock. Always wanted him to take on a serious role. Let's see what he does.

Was the Tooth Fairy not serious enough for you? lol

He was good in Fast Five as well.

Roughneck93
06-18-2011, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by MGAR
Was the Tooth Fairy not serious enough for you? lol

He was good in Fast Five as well.

Lol!
Good that he is becoming more diverse.

Emerson1
06-19-2011, 11:53 AM

Rock is pretty big right now, he has more muscle mass at this point in time then he ever did in the WWE.

halfnhalf
06-19-2011, 02:35 PM
I think that he is actually a pretty good actor, just most of his movies have been the typical butt kicking semi-lousy plotted action flicks, great movies for guys who want to just watch some action, kinda like the immortal Predator. It would be pretty cool to see him in a serious role without all the action and see him play the role well.

Emerson1
06-19-2011, 05:34 PM
"Be Cool" is a movie where Rock definitely goes against is usual roles.