PDA

View Full Version : brownwood people....

jason
06-18-2011, 09:19 AM
playing a golf tournament there next weekend, need a place to stay friday and saturday night....

we are wanting to rent a cabin on the lake, any good places to do that??

we know there is a state park, any of yall know if its any good?

ccmom
06-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by jason
playing a golf tournament there next weekend, need a place to stay friday and saturday night....

we know there is a state park, any of yall know if its any good? I love that lake, but wow it's in sad shape. They need rain in the worst way!

LionKing
06-18-2011, 11:11 AM

we know there is a state park, any of yall know if its any good? Unless someone backs out at the last minute, I don't know of any cabins are places at the lake that will be open for rent, they're pretty much all booked up thru summer.

LionKing
06-18-2011, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
I love that lake, but wow it's in sad shape. They need rain in the worst way! Yea, almost 12 ft. down, still enough for recreation for about 70% of the lake, but going down fast every day of this heat and dry weather, stage II of water rationing for Brownwood by next week.

jason
06-18-2011, 10:39 PM
We got a 6 person cabin and a 4 person at quail ridge.

LionKing
06-19-2011, 11:53 AM
We got a 6 person cabin and a 4 person at quail ridge. good deal for finding something, I know very little about quail ridge other than they're just up from the mountain view marina, and just about 3 minutes to the feather bay golf course.

bwdlionfan
06-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
Yea, almost 12 ft. down, still enough for recreation for about 70% of the lake, but going down fast every day of this heat and dry weather, stage II of water rationing for Brownwood by next week.

I'm afraid 70% may be a very high estimate. According to the USGS this morning Lake Brownwood is 50.03% full. Since surface area vanishes first, I'd think the lake has well under 70% and even under 50% usable area. I know the north end of the lake (Thunderbird Bay, Harbor Point) has been bone dry since I was there Spring Break and its only gotten worse. The west end of the lake (west side of the 279 bridge) has to be completely dry other than the Jim Ned Creek channel which if I remember correctly is only about 14 feet deep when the lake is full.

LionKing
06-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I'm afraid 70% may be a very high estimate. According to the USGS this morning Lake Brownwood is 50.03% full. Since surface area vanishes first, I'd think the lake has well under 70% and even under 50% usable area. I know the north end of the lake (Thunderbird Bay, Harbor Point) has been bone dry since I was there Spring Break and its only gotten worse. The west end of the lake (west side of the 279 bridge) has to be completely dry other than the Jim Ned Creek channel which if I remember correctly is only about 14 feet deep when the lake is full. I agree, fishing boats and jet skis could very well use 70% of the usuable area, but most ski and wake boats can probably only use maybe half, I know I'm seriously doubting if I'll even take my boat out, several other people I know with wake boats say they're not gonna take theirs out.

bwdlionfan
06-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by LionKing
I agree, fishing boats and jet skis could very well use 70% of the usuable area, but most ski and wake boats can probably only use maybe half, I know I'm seriously doubting if I'll even take my boat out, several other people I know with wake boats say they're not gonna take theirs out.

If you do stay where the water is usually deep. I can't believe Brownwood has waited this long to ration water. I read an article the other day that Llano will soon be down to about a 60-90 day supply of water.

By the way, this morning the lake stood at 49.86% full. Yesterday it was 50.03%. Dropping at that rate is only a 293 day supply of water.

jason
06-21-2011, 08:30 AM
i'll be pulling into town sometime friday early afternoon...

be in a dodge dually hauling a 35 foot flatbed with 8 golf carts on it...

RoyceTTU
06-22-2011, 10:50 AM
i'll be pulling into town sometime friday early afternoon...

be in a dodge dually hauling a 35 foot flatbed with 8 golf carts on it...

Noticed you have a 9 a.m. tee time.
we are 10:45

The coarse got quite a bit of rain the last couple of days. Should be nice. Good Luck

jason
06-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Noticed you have a 9 a.m. tee time.
we are 10:45

The coarse got quite a bit of rain the last couple of days. Should be nice. Good Luck where did you see that?

RoyceTTU
06-22-2011, 11:16 AM
where did you see that?

pm sent