PDA

View Full Version : Texas WR Leaving

SHSBulldog00
06-16-2011, 09:05 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/college/texas/7610614.html

I look for him to transfer to Sam Houston State. It is closer to home, they run a pass heavy spread and he doesn't have to sit out a year.

Emerson1
06-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Can't blame him. As average as the WRs were last year he didn't step up. He probably knew his chances were pretty low considering Shipley would have been in front of him on the depth chart last year.

coach
06-16-2011, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Can't blame him. As average as the WRs were last year he didn't step up. He probably knew his chances were pretty low considering Shipley would have been in front of him on the depth chart last year.

I didn't think Shipley was going to make the team this year bc he is still lying on the ground from his last game

Roughneck93
06-16-2011, 10:03 PM
He was bound to stay buried in the depth chart.
I forgot he was even there. Probably the best thing for both parties to part ways.

pirate4state
06-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Lmao

Waiting....

BaseballUmp
06-16-2011, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by coach
I didn't think Shipley was going to make the team this year bc he is still lying on the ground from his last game
They've gotta be tired of mowing around him by now

Roughneck93
06-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
They've gotta be tired of mowing around him by now

:spitlol: :clap:

Looking4number8
06-17-2011, 07:52 AM

next to your fiance

Rocket Dad
06-17-2011, 09:08 AM
Trend started several years back with college athletes not staying with a committment to a program. Whatever happened to perserverance, patience, overcoming adversity, and dedication to a cause. Players are not guranteed stardom because of talent, many factors go into becoming a star at the next level each time athletes advance. College education at Texas regardless of playing time is an amazing opportunity.

Blastoderm55
06-17-2011, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad
Trend started several years back with college athletes not staying with a committment to a program. Whatever happened to perserverance, patience, overcoming adversity, and dedication to a cause. Players are not guranteed stardom because of talent, many factors go into becoming a star at the next level each time athletes advance. College education at Texas regardless of playing time is an amazing opportunity.

That patience and perserverance doesn't apply to the coaching staff either, and they can just as easily revoke his scholarship if they need to offer it to someone else. The kid just protected his best interests.

db1980
06-17-2011, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
That patience and perserverance doesn't apply to the coaching staff either, and they can just as easily revoke his scholarship if they need to offer it to someone else. The kid just protected his best interests.

I've read a lot of different things about this. IF they are true you couldn't be further from the truth. From all accounts he isn't protected his best interests. Since becoming healthy from his injury he has be lazy, not participate in workouts and doesn't have the work ethic in practice. He seems to think that it should be handed to him because he is just gifted and shouldn't have to work for it. That is paraphrasing of course, but you get the idea of what I've read the last couple of weeks.

Old Tiger
06-17-2011, 10:13 AM
This was mentioned about 3 weeks ago.

95mustang
06-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
next to your fiance

:eek: :D

eagles_victory
06-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
next to your fiance Dont feed the troll.

Ernest T Bass
06-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55

Very true. I dont know anything about this particular situation, but D1 football is a business; a mulitmillion dollar business at that! There is zero loyalty towards the kids, so I don't expect the kids to show any. I know it wasn't always this way, and many are still in denial that this is what's happening now. But, it is what it is. Unfortunately, I see this happening at the HS level in the near future as well.

Old Tiger
06-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Very true. I dont know anything about this particular situation, but D1 football is a business; a mulitmillion dollar business at that! There is zero loyalty towards the kids, so I don't expect the kids to show any. I know it wasn't always this way, and many are still in denial that this is what's happening now. But, it is what it is. Unfortunately, I see this happening at the HS level in the near future as well. My friend had a class with greg timmons and he told his professor that he didn't come to texas to take test he came to texas to catch touchdowns.

LH Panther Mom
06-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
My friend had a class with greg timmons and he told his professor that he didn't come to texas to take test he came to texas to catch touchdowns.
And why exactly did they expect him to take tests? Oh, maybe he's not all that or they'd "make sure" he passed. :rolleyes: :doh:

Ernest T Bass
06-17-2011, 07:57 PM
My friend had a class with greg timmons and he told his professor that he didn't come to texas to take test he came to texas to catch touchdowns.

And im sure they signed him because of his academic skills.

eagles_victory
06-17-2011, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
And why exactly did they expect him to take tests? Oh, maybe he's not all that or they'd "make sure" he passed. :rolleyes: :doh: You would know how?

LIONS#1
06-19-2011, 02:34 PM

At least Shipley is REAL and not a faux coach!!:D

Emerson1
06-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
You would know how?
Cause that only happens at Texas and never at Texas Tech, duh.

Emerson1
06-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Rumor has it Fitzhenry wants out too.

Phil C
06-20-2011, 08:45 AM

I wonder if that professor was Dr. Michael Granof.

:)