PDA

View Full Version : A womans almost beat my ass last season....

Cam
06-16-2011, 01:11 PM
So, Burnet started this tradition last season: All the players fathers, grandfathers, uncles would gather just outside the players locker and form two lines for the players to run thru before they ran thru the bubble tunnel/drill team and onto the field. Of course, the dad's always raise a ruckus to pump them up just a bit more. I'm sure other teams do it as well. We got the idea from Smithson Valley. Anyway, it was easy to do at home games and most away games if you could find your way onto their field. Never had any problems, until our hated cross town rival game at 4A Marble Falls. Ya see, their goal every year is to whoop Burnet and that makes their season..They have given up hope in their own district being that they're gonna get spanked by Lake Travis and others. Anyway, us dads did the usual at the start of the game. The lady guarding the gate had no problem letting us in. But apparently, some Marble Falls officials saw this and didn't like it. So, when our dads went out there for the second half line, the lady at the gate wouldn't allow it...so all our dads were po'ed and standing along the fence line. Marble officials were on patrol and taking some heat from some of the dads. That's when my problems started. See, I was already on the field (have press pass to take pics for one of the local papers). And all I did was jokingly make a comment to our dads. It was: "Ahh, they're just mad cause they ain't winnin'".......Holy crap, next thing ya know I've got this lady in my face bout ready to take a crotch shot at me! I could smell her breath! Then, she and her buds start callin' the cops! Funny thing is the first cop who was standin' nearby just said, "Lady, I'm from Burnet!" Anyways, I saw a few more uniformed gentlemen headin' our way so I skedaddled out of there and went up into the stands until things cooled off. Our boys know to look for us and still made it a point to come to the fence line for some high fives and cheer. As the 3rd quarter started, I got back down there, took the pics I needed, and enjoyed the rest of the game....best part about it, Burnet won 16-7 against a much larger opponent. Best game of the year for our boys. My kid was so exhausted and drained he collapsed with severe leg cramps late in the second half. Anyways, I'm sure we'll continue to ruffle some feathers in the future....and if I'm not there, Greendawg & Bleedzgreen will be...waitin' to get their asses kicked by some lady...... :)

greendawg84
06-16-2011, 01:48 PM
I got a few years before #2 gets up there , maybe the gate guard will be retired by then. But my money would be on her against Cam , that dang lady was a mean one! Best part was it really pissed the boys off and it was game on. I think this was the 4th time against them that their quarterback got hit so many times he just quit.

Old Tiger
06-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Use paragraphs!

Cam
06-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Use paragraphs!

too lazy...you can read it can't ya?? If not, move on Mr. Grammar!.....

Sweetwater Red
06-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Story sounds familar...

Read down and then passed my post here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99226&perpage=20&highlight=gate keeper&pagenumber=2)