PDA

View Full Version : Watched it again.

Farmersfan
06-16-2011, 07:46 AM
The NBA network is constantly replaying all the playoffs series for this season's playoffs. I watched game 4 & 5 of the OKC series again last night and I have to say that I stand firm on my original statement that OKC was a tougher team than the Heat were. The trio of Durant, Westbrook and Hardin were offensively more impossible to stop than the Heat's big three. Those guys for OKC averaged 66 pts a game in the Dallas series while the big 3 for Miami averaged 63 pts a game. Durant, Westbrook and Hardin were quick on the dribble and we saw how Wade's quickness was a bad matchup for the Mavs. Imagine 3 Wade's on the same offense as far as quickness and athleticism goes.
Based on everything I am hearing the Heat are getting the best odds to win it all next season but I think the Thunder are in a better spot to win it all than the Heat are. Collison & Ibaka are much, much better under the basket defenders than anything the Heat have and when they get a little scoring ability the Thunder will be the #1 offense in the NBA. WAIT? They already are! The only advantage I saw for the Heat was the experience factor and this year went a long way towards evening that out. My pick for the NBA finals next season as of right now will be OKC Thunder vs. Chicago Bulls! That is IF Westbrook grows a brain over the offseason and barring any big trades. I also think Chicago will go get a scorer to help Rose.

trojandad
06-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
The NBA network is constantly replaying all the playoffs series for this season's playoffs. I watched game 4 & 5 of the OKC series again last night and I have to say that I stand firm on my original statement that OKC was a tougher team than the Heat were. The trio of Durant, Westbrook and Hardin were offensively more impossible to stop than the Heat's big three. Those guys for OKC averaged 66 pts a game in the Dallas series while the big 3 for Miami averaged 63 pts a game. Durant, Westbrook and Hardin were quick on the dribble and we saw how Wade's quickness was a bad matchup for the Mavs. Imagine 3 Wade's on the same offense as far as quickness and athleticism goes.
Based on everything I am hearing the Heat are getting the best odds to win it all next season but I think the Thunder are in a better spot to win it all than the Heat are. Collison & Ibaka are much, much better under the basket defenders than anything the Heat have and when they get a little scoring ability the Thunder will be the #1 offense in the NBA. WAIT? They already are! The only advantage I saw for the Heat was the experience factor and this year went a long way towards evening that out. My pick for the NBA finals next season as of right now will be OKC Thunder vs. Chicago Bulls! That is IF Westbrook grows a brain over the offseason and barring any big trades. I also think Chicago will go get a scorer to help Rose.

i agree, but thats a BIG if......problem with westbrook is im afraid its an ego problem instead of one of not understanding his place in the game....