PDA

View Full Version : My days are numbered....

coach
06-15-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm getting married next Saturday. Any downlow advice?

Matthew328
06-15-2011, 05:33 PM
DONT DO IT

coach
06-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
DONT DO IT

i knew someone was ging to say that, i just didn't think it would be the first response lol.

JJWalker
06-15-2011, 05:41 PM
Agreed ... Do NOT do it!

coach
06-15-2011, 05:44 PM
and yes emerson you are invited. I thought i already invite you?

TheDOCTORdre
06-15-2011, 06:34 PM
There's no need for cheating if she's down with three ways

mwynn05
06-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
There's no need for cheating if she's down with three ways I'll speak for coach here...no chance in hell!!!!!

big daddy russ
06-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Congrats, brother!

Best advice I can give you is this: don't ever stop having fun with her. Don't forget to take her out on a weekly (or bi-weekly, depending on circumstances) date to a place that you'll both enjoy (my wife doesn't exactly appreciate the dates I make out of our Astros season tickets). And make the date about you two, not about other people. Taking her out to your favorite bar isn't necessarily a date, even though you both may enjoy it, but you can always find ways to enjoy each others' company. The more you fight in a relationship, the more communication has broken down.

It works out in the end. I've gained 100 lbs since I met my wife eight years ago. I married her three years ago June 21, we still rarely fight, we always laugh at/with each other, she's still a hottie, and she still wants me after 100 lbs.

Marriage is fun. So enjoy it.

I wish you all the best. Vaya con dios.

Roughneck93
06-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Congrats, brother!

Best advice I can give you is this: don't ever stop having fun with her. Don't forget to take her out on a weekly (or bi-weekly, depending on circumstances) date to a place that you'll both enjoy (my wife doesn't exactly appreciate the dates I make out of our Astros season tickets). And make the date about you two, not about other people. Taking her out to your favorite bar isn't necessarily a date, even though you both may enjoy it, but you can always find ways to enjoy each others' company. The more you fight in a relationship, the more communication has broken down.

It works out in the end. I've gained 100 lbs since I met my wife eight years ago. I married her three years ago June 21, we still rarely fight, we always laugh at/with each other, she's still a hottie, and she still wants me after 100 lbs.

Coach...congrats as well!
The one thing I want to echo from BD russ's post is the laughing at/with each other. Yesterday was my 19th anniversary and the first thing my wife and I tell others on how we have survived is...laughter.

bobcat1
06-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by coach
I'm getting married next Saturday. Any downlow advice? Do it. You deserve it.:D

Old LB
06-15-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Do it. You deserve it.:D
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Emerson1
06-15-2011, 08:06 PM
and yes emerson you are invited. I thought i already invite you?
I have no details. EV said we were going to the titty bar Friday night, that's all I know.

mwynn05
06-15-2011, 08:40 PM
If I dont have summer league im coming to ff thursday just to avoid friday traffic on 35

bobcat4life
06-15-2011, 10:41 PM
Have a fun Friday night and show up late to your own wedding:2thumbsup :thumbsup:

SintonFan
06-15-2011, 11:24 PM

Are you really getting married?
If so...
1. Angry sex is a good thing, not a bad thing. Wait, maybe I have that reversed.:doh:
2. If you agree with her all the time, then you are a Wuss. Stand up and be a Man, sometimes.
3. If she tells you to get a real job, maybe you should listen.
4. If in doubt, call Bullaholic or Slpy. If they don't have the time, then pop another cold one until one of them answers the damn phone.
5. Two dogs does NOT equal two kids. Heck! It doesn't even equal 1/2 a kid.
A cat equals: more pain for you. It equals -1 dog... try and figure out THAT math.
6. Enjoy the Honeymoon(2nd most important): If both of you can make the honeymoon last for years, then you are blessed indeed. When time dulls your senses and body, understand she will see you the exact same way you see her. That is why you HAVE to marry your best friend. You do that, and don't let the kiddos get in the way, you will get to have the best thing ever to happen TO YOU.
7. Fight your nature! Guys are visual and want variety. Once you realize she is all you want, then it is easier to appreciate her.
8. Don't go to sleep mad. See no. 1.
9. Encourage her to fight her emotions. Otherwise she WILL divorce you one day. (in other words, encourage her to control her emotions)
10. If you make her laugh once a day, she will try and do the same to you. Sometimes, it is best to make her laugh when times are at it's worst. Even if you don't feel like it. If you act happy(most important), she will be more happy.

Good luck and God Bless your Union!
:) :clap: :)

bolshavik
06-15-2011, 11:51 PM
Congrats, brother!

Dude...lose some weight...I mean, wth? 100lbs? I aint trying to be mean but 100 lbs is not sexy

trojandad
06-15-2011, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Are you really getting married?
If so...
1. Angry sex is a good thing, not a bad thing. Wait, maybe I have that reversed.:doh:
2. If you agree with her all the time, then you are a Wuss. Stand up and be a Man, sometimes.
3. If she tells you to get a real job, maybe you should listen.
4. If in doubt, call Bullaholic or Slpy. If they don't have the time, then pop another cold one until one of them answers the damn phone.
5. Two dogs does NOT equal two kids. Heck! It doesn't even equal 1/2 a kid.
A cat equals: more pain for you. It equals -1 dog... try and figure out THAT math.
6. Enjoy the Honeymoon(2nd most important): If both of you can make the honeymoon last for years, then you are blessed indeed. When time dulls your senses and body, understand she will see you the exact same way you see her. That is why you HAVE to marry your best friend. You do that, and don't let the kiddos get in the way, you will get to have the best thing ever to happen TO YOU.
7. Fight your nature! Guys are visual and want variety. Once you realize she is all you want, then it is easier to appreciate her.
8. Don't go to sleep mad. See no. 1.
9. Encourage her to fight her emotions. Otherwise she WILL divorce you one day. (in other words, encourage her to control her emotions)
10. If you make her laugh once a day, she will try and do the same to you. Sometimes, it is best to make her laugh when times are at it's worst. Even if you don't feel like it. If you act happy(most important), she will be more happy.

Good luck and God Bless your Union!
:) :clap: :)

i hate it when i spit coke thru my nose reading something....

best poll ever on marriages.....reuters said a poll showed 86% of all married men who had bachelor parties with strippers attending ended up in divorce court in 2 yrs or less.....so you decide if its worth the effort.....best wishes to you, hope your as lucky as me.....

SintonFan
06-16-2011, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by bolshavik
Dude...lose some weight...I mean, wth? 100lbs? I aint trying to be mean but 100 lbs is not sexy

Are you a girl? If not, how can you judge what is sexy?:p :nerd: :D

SintonFan
06-16-2011, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
i hate it when i spit coke thru my nose reading something....

best poll ever on marriages.....reuters said a poll showed 86% of all married men who had bachelor parties with strippers attending ended up in divorce court in 2 yrs or less.....so you decide if its worth the effort.....best wishes to you, hope your as lucky as me.....

lol @ that poll. I did not want to have strippers at my bachelor party. I already had what I wanted.

BTW, coach was asking for advice. Maybe I was a little too frank? ;)

Yes, I do hope best wishes for me(us) we are going on 20 years, we probably need it. Thanks.:D

trojandad
06-16-2011, 12:14 AM
Congrats, brother!

my first wife went to a shower once, and they were playing silly games and one was to ask each other questions and compare answers....one question was "what is your number one expectation in a first date"....20 or so women there all revealed the same answer, they hope to come home alive and happy (in various ways of answering it, but the same theme).....no sexy answers, just get me home safe and im happy....

women dont think of sexy as we do, dude (to borrow a noun).....i guarantee you when they are walking on a shady side of katy, she doesnt mind that 100 lbs one bit, and loves every ounce of it when they get home safely.......

big daddy russ
06-16-2011, 12:44 AM
I've gained 40 in the past six months. Been mostly bedridden since November 23. Back injury, paralysis (temporary), lots and lots of steroids, and doc's orders--no extra stress on my back.

I had joined a gym in late September, started working out, then my injury went down the Monday before Thanksgiving. I keep an 1800 calorie daily diet and do light exercise 10 minutes a day, but that only serves to maintain my current weight.

And yeah, you were trying to be mean. Don't try to cover it up with a disclaimer.

Ernest T Bass
06-16-2011, 01:08 AM
SinFan, I gotta disagree with one of yours(not going to bed angry). I always found that whatever we're mad about never seems nearly as important the next day.
Bolshavik, you're a dick.

big daddy russ
06-16-2011, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
my first wife went to a shower once, and they were playing silly games and one was to ask each other questions and compare answers....one question was "what is your number one expectation in a first date"....20 or so women there all revealed the same answer, they hope to come home alive and happy (in various ways of answering it, but the same theme).....no sexy answers, just get me home safe and im happy....

women dont think of sexy as we do, dude (to borrow a noun).....i guarantee you when they are walking on a shady side of katy, she doesnt mind that 100 lbs one bit, and loves every ounce of it when they get home safely.......
She's definitely turned on by the feeling of being protected. For all the yelling she's done every time I've been in a fight over her, she gets all hot and bothered when it's over. Granted, the last one was years ago (God, I hated getting in fights) and it was only a few times, but I never lost. And I was always well-rewarded for the bruises and scars.

To be honest with you, I've never had "game" (smooth talker with the ladies) and I don't have the looks of a male model. But there are plenty of women who just want to laugh. That's how I landed this one and that's why she's still attracted to me to this day.

Farmersfan
06-16-2011, 08:22 AM
I have to repeat what several have said already. Marry your best friend! If she isn't your best friend, forget it! It's 27 years and counting for me, the wife is still my best friend. There is no one I would rather spend time with. I can't imagine being with someone as much as I am with her and not having that person as my best friend. Hell, I only know most of you through this forum and i can't stand any of you!!!! :D :D

Old&Crusty
06-16-2011, 08:23 AM
Been married since Ford was prez. I had NO clue what was coming. My friends tried to warn me but us guys just don't get it until we're in it.

What I've learned:

After the wedding she'll change a little, you won't.

if you have kids she'll change a lot, you won't.

Listen to her. Turn off the TV and listen, even when she goes on about boring stuff for an hour.

ALWAYS tell the truth. About EVERYTHING.

Don't do anything that will hurt her. Whether she knows about it or not.

Never let ANYTHING come between you, parents, pets, and even children.

You will remain two different people until your 20th anniversary or so. After that, if you survived and can still tolerate each other, you've probably become best friends.

You're going to go through with it no matter how many times you're warned not to. Good luck!

Farmersfan
06-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Anything you don't like about her now will be multiplied by 10 after the marriage newness wears off.
Everything you love about her now= Divide by 10.

A woman marries a man expecting them to change and a man marries a woman expecting her to stay the same. Neither ever happens!

Good luck!

jason
06-16-2011, 08:32 AM
don't refer to her as the live-in maid in public...

Farmersfan
06-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by jason
don't refer to her as the live-in maid in public...

And never introduce her as the First Wife! :D

Phil C
06-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Congratulations Coach! Go for it!

bolshavik
06-16-2011, 10:46 AM
I live like i want and durn sure wouldn't go for all this "my wife changes and I dont " BS...What that means is...She wont put out no more but im ok with that.. Listen, she stops putting out and I start going out...ALONE..Life is way too short to put up with those anti sex games that some people allow their woman to pull when ya marry her. Everybody on this board knows that YOU WOULD NEVER OF MARRIED HER IF SHE PULLED THIS WHEN DATING.... Take your nutts back..SHEESH

Bullaholic
06-16-2011, 10:54 AM
I live like i want and durn sure wouldn't go for all this "my wife changes and I dont " BS...What that means is...She wont put out no more but im ok with that.. Listen, she stops putting out and I start going out...ALONE..Life is way too short to put up with those anti sex games that some people allow their woman to pull when ya marry her. Everybody on this board knows that YOU WOULD NEVER OF MARRIED HER IF SHE PULLED THIS WHEN DATING.... Take your nutts back..SHEESH

You're such a macho man, bol.....:D

bolshavik
06-16-2011, 11:03 AM
just tellin it like it is...Hate the attitude of the ole.."aww shucks the wife said I cant go fishing", or .."Man, my wife wont give me any"..Or, "sounds great but i better check with the boss"..

All of that whole attitude is just the further wussification of America. It is lame...

Some guys I know ( i see it alot) give total control of their lives to their wives (like it is their mommy)...When you do that the ole wife loses respect for yer D.A.

nobogey72
06-16-2011, 11:05 AM
just tellin it like it is...Hate the attitude of the ole.."aww shucks the wife said I cant go fishing", or .."Man, my wife wont give me any"..Or, "sounds great but i better check with the boss"..

All of that whole attitude is just the further wussification of America. It is lame...

Some guys I know ( i see it alot) give total control of their lives to their wives (like it is their mommy)...When you do that the ole wife loses respect for yer D.A.

And how long have you been married? And, which # is this one?:D

trojandad
06-16-2011, 11:08 AM
cant wait for that documentary on the discovery channel........The Wussification of America......(i actually think he spelled it right)......

Farmersfan
06-16-2011, 12:44 PM

Do you also support your wife in her efforts to stop the "Wussification of American Women"?

BILLYFRED0000
06-16-2011, 12:55 PM
I usually don't give advice on this coach. But you guys on the downlow are more like family than most.

Crusty tiger had some good ones. I would like to add a couple.

Always remember that you loved her enough to marry her. No matter what happens that means she is special.

Always love her more than yourself.
Marriage is not about control or who is right or who is in charge of what. You are now one. Do not hurt her anymore than you would hurt yourself. (meaning not any if you can avoid it and never on purpose).

BILLYFRED0000
06-16-2011, 01:02 PM

Ya know there is some truth to this. However, I have always thought that the better the relationship the less of this. If ya wife aint given ya any, take a good look at yourself too.

bolshavik
06-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
And how long have you been married? And, which # is this one?:D

7 yrs and second marriage. 1st marriage I learned all my lessons. Learned how to reclaim my nutts and put my foot down. 2nd marriage now is a two way street. It is all 50/50 with a ton of respect for the other. Now, we did set some ground rules before we got married. Basically I can do as I please and so can she. Has worked for 7 yrs and I see many more years ahead. I know this...After going through 1 divorce I sure as heck aint scared no more. I am who I am take it or leave it...So far, found someone to take it. Every guy friend I know is pretty dadgum envious because my wife is my best friend. If I wanna go to a strip club heck...she is right there with me. We both buy each other lap dances..lol...

bolshavik
06-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Do you also support your wife in her efforts to stop the "Wussification of American Women"?

And in your mind this would be done how?? Give examples of what you mean please.

Farmersfan
06-16-2011, 01:27 PM
And in your mind this would be done how?? Give examples of what you mean please.

You have already answered the question Bolshavik. It was a polite way of asking if you give your wife the same considerations that you said you expect from her. I agree with you 100% IF it is a 50/50 deal and not just some macho man who thinks his wife is meant to service his manly needs. My wife and I share everything. Even housework. (and Yardwork). I have never asked her permission to do anything yet I have also never done anything without including her in on the decision. I know what would hurt her and I would NEVER do it just as i expect she would never hurt me. I started out in the beginning before we even got married letting her know that I would never get angry and walk out on her because I never want her to ever fear making me mad because I might walk out! That's no way to live your life. We have never slept in seperate beds because of anger. And never, ever, ever, ever, ever would it be acceptable in my household for her to put my personal belonging at the curb. Nothing makes me madder than the idea that a man would ALLOW someone (even his wife) to put him out of his own house. If children are involved then ask me to leave and I will leave otherwise I've been married for 27 years and my wife knows that IF i'm the one who gets mad and wants to end it, I will be the one who leaves voluntarily. If she is the one who wants to end it, SEE YA AND DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YA! Like you said, Life is too short!

Old LB
06-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
You have already answered the question Bolshavik. It was a polite way of asking if you give your wife the same considerations that you said you expect from her. I agree with you 100% IF it is a 50/50 deal and not just some macho man who thinks his wife is meant to service his manly needs. My wife and I share everything. Even housework. (and Yardwork). I have never asked her permission to do anything yet I have also never done anything without including her in on the decision. I know what would hurt her and I would NEVER do it just as i expect she would never hurt me. I started out in the beginning before we even got married letting her know that I would never get angry and walk out on her because I never want her to ever fear making me mad because I might walk out! That's no way to live your life. We have never slept in seperate beds because of anger. And never, ever, ever, ever, ever would it be acceptable in my household for her to put my personal belonging at the curb. Nothing makes me madder than the idea that a man would ALLOW someone (even his wife) to put him out of his own house. If children are involved then ask me to leave and I will leave otherwise I've been married for 27 years and my wife knows that IF i'm the one who gets mad and wants to end it, I will be the one who leaves voluntarily. If she is the one who wants to end it, SEE YA AND DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YA! Like you said, Life is too short!

So you have a 50/50 marriage but the house is yours? :confused:
If she ever decides to put you out I can assure you her attorney will solve that real quick. :D

Coach, there is not a recipe for making it work, it is a life long effort that you figure out as you go.

Farmersfan
06-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
So you have a 50/50 marriage but the house is yours? :confused:
If she ever decides to put you out I can assure you her attorney will solve that real quick. :D

Coach, there is not a recipe for making it work, it is a life long effort that you figure out as you go.

You are aware that I was philosophically speaking, right Old LB? My wife is not the type of person who would throw all my belonging outside and kick me out of the house but IF she did there really wouldn't be much I could do about it except bodily remove her and we all know what that would get me. The comment was meant to illustrate the understanding that I have with my wife that if such an event were to happen it would be a point of no return or a deal breaker in our relationship. There would be no going back! I have friends that have left their wives or their wifes leave them every couple of years and go spend time doing God knows what and then they will reconcile. That would never happen for me. I have ZERO desire to live my life that way. That's all I meant!

JJWalker
06-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Again ... KISS

Do NOT do it!

garciap77
06-16-2011, 04:09 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/no.gif

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/wedding001.gif

:D

;)

TheDOCTORdre
06-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Hopefully you knew that I was joking on my 3 way post earlier. I've been married a year and a half now and although I haven't enjoyed every minute of it I have loved all of it. Here are some tid bits i got before getting married and some that I have come to discover.

Divorce shouldn't even be in your vocabulary. If it is save yourself the trouble and walk away now.

Its ok to be mad and its ok to argue(over things that matter). Nothing will build a wall between you and your wife faster than real unresolved issues and likewise fighting over little things that dont matter.

Never stop learning about her. People change its a fact and they always will. Sure there is a lot of things about her that will never change, but there will be those things that change with time. Study her as she changes that way you can relate to her at all time.

Just as equally as important as time together, time apart enjoying your separate interests and friends will go along way in keeping you from feeling suffocated and keep you true to who your are. But the time together should always be priority over time for yourself

And whoever said love her more than yourself is dead on

eagles_victory
06-16-2011, 09:39 PM
I just asked my long time gf that she would have to sign a pre nub today if we were to get married she left and havent heard from her since is that a bad sign?

Farmersfan
06-17-2011, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I just asked my long time gf that she would have to sign a pre nub today if we were to get married she left and havent heard from her since is that a bad sign?

Does that mean you have a lot of money?

PM sent friend!!! :D :D

TheDOCTORdre
06-17-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

pre nub...is that some sort of foreplay? Should of asked her to sign a prenup. :D

Saggy Aggie
06-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
pre nub...is that some sort of foreplay? Should of asked her to sign a prenup. :D It's almost the same as going to extreme links.

AP Panther Fan
06-17-2011, 04:52 PM

Good luck!

Reading this thread made me throw up a little in my mouth!

1st and goal
06-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Advice....
Go to Lowes or Home Depot and get yourself the best kneepads they have and a big pack of those cheap knobby gloves (the white one's with the black dots)...Also, learn when to use them.:D