View Full Version : Burnet 42-Gatesville 20

Chris Hart
09-06-2002, 10:24 PM
Burnet 42-Gatesville 20 Final

------------------
Big Green Dawg

Chris Hart
09-06-2002, 10:31 PM
This was a pretty good game for a while, Gatesville once was up 7-6.Then the Burnet offense exploded.Burnet opened up a 42-14 lead until Gatesville scored late in the game.I will take nothing away from this Gatesville team, they played hard all night.BTW they have a very impressive Offense, very impressive.They will be a real good team this year and a tough challenge for all their opponents.Our defense was manhandled at times by their offense.They moved the ball real well, but our D stood up when they had to, I guess.Defense stole the show last week, but this week it was the turn of the Offense.Way to go Bulldogs!

------------------
Big Green Dawg

SintonFan
09-06-2002, 10:33 PM
Congrats on another big win!!!

eye of the tiger
09-06-2002, 10:34 PM
Nice win for Burnet

bhs05
09-06-2002, 10:56 PM
yea gatesville sucks and so does reagan how could yall think burnet would win yall are dumb no one is goin to beat burnet this year

29x281
09-06-2002, 11:07 PM
bhs05

Please go to Mrs Spinn's tutorials and learn about punctuation. The period is your friend.

The Bulldogs looked good again. Shipley is one of the most amazing players I've seen on any level. 2 TDs tonite, one after palming an interception and zig-zagging into the endzone through at least 8 Hornets.

Pudlugger
09-06-2002, 11:30 PM
Burnet's train is rolling! Who is next?

Old Cardinal
09-06-2002, 11:46 PM
Congradulations to Burnet, sounds like it was a good ballgame. Gatesville will come around by District play time!

ladydawg03
09-07-2002, 12:15 AM
It truly aggravated me when everyone was dogging Burnet's coaching staff. My dad happens to be one of the coaches at the High School and I think for once I am proud to have my dad as a coach. I get jealous of the amount of time he spends up at the office or at practices. Whoever made the comment about Burnet coaches just use up their weekends to play some card game, I don't think you have a clue what you are talking about. My dad and the others are up there from 8-???? on Saturdays and on sundays, 12-?????? I know my dad and I'm positive he'd rather be home spending time with us rather then some dumb card game. Evidently what they do on the weekends is paying off now isn't it? One more thing, all of you people that claim week after week that Burnet has no chance, I suggest you keep your opinion to yourself for a few weeks that way you don't feel so stupid when we kick everybodys tail!!

------------------

cl8114
09-07-2002, 12:44 AM
All I have to say is that Burnet is awesome. They made Gatesville look like they are just a average team. Gatesville played good but Burnet is just that good. Their QB and WR are bad and I can't beleive they are just juniors. Great game to both teams it was fun to watch. Both Offenses looked good at first. It took Burnet 3 plays to score and then Gatesville 1 play. Great game and I think both teams will go far this year.

Bulldog1990
09-07-2002, 12:46 AM
Well said Ladydog Burnet is a great team with lots of heart and that starts with the coaching. While Jordan was running the interception back I looked over and saw his father/coach just shaking his head with amazement as was the rest of the crowd. Gatesville will be a good team however and I would not be suprised if we see them agian.

29x281
09-07-2002, 09:28 AM
Major credit goes to Lashon Thayer of Gatesville. What a workhorse. I'll bet the guy had 45 carries.

That said, I think Gatesville would do well to diversify their offensive attack. They have other good players and a pretty accurate QB, IMO. I don't believe that Thayer has to carry it 45 times for Gatesville to move the ball.

Burnet is truly an amazing team.

Clyde12
09-07-2002, 10:07 AM
I've seen many a Gatesville game over the years and I cannot remember a more high powered, explosive QB/WR combo, and that includes China Spring. They were awesome. Burnet's overall team speed compares to anyone in region 3, or the state. I really don't believe Gatesville is down that much at all, they just ran into a buzzsaw. Anytime G'ville looked like they could make a run to get back in the game, Burnet had an answer. They are as good a team as we have seen, and that includes in any of our playoff runs the last 5 years, including Abilene Wylie. A speedier team than Gatesville may be able to do something agaisnt their defense, but their offense will be very difficult to stop. I won't crown them State Champs yet, but they will be in the driver's seat to get there. After what Everman did to Sinton last year, Sinton has no chance in Region 4. Jasper, or whoever comes out of Region 3 better watch out. An Everman/Burnet game looks like a real possibility.

ATMO
09-07-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by ladydawg03:
It truly aggravated me when everyone was dogging Burnet's coaching staff. My dad happens to be one of the coaches at the High School and I think for once I am proud to have my dad as a coach. I get jealous of the amount of time he spends up at the office or at practices. Whoever made the comment about Burnet coaches just use up their weekends to play some card game, I don't think you have a clue what you are talking about. My dad and the others are up there from 8-???? on Saturdays and on sundays, 12-?????? I know my dad and I'm positive he'd rather be home spending time with us rather then some dumb card game. Evidently what they do on the weekends is paying off now isn't it? One more thing, all of you people that claim week after week that Burnet has no chance, I suggest you keep your opinion to yourself for a few weeks that way you don't feel so stupid when we kick everybodys tail!!

Hey Ladydawg03:

I know your dad and I KNOW what he does all weekend. If you want to call that working, go ahead. Cheese dip and salsa does not translate to working. Tell your dad hello when he gets home at midnight!

ladydawg03
09-07-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by ATMO:
Hey Ladydawg03:

I know your dad and I KNOW what he does all weekend. If you want to call that working, go ahead. Cheese dip and salsa does not translate to working. Tell your dad hello when he gets home at midnight!

ok buddy.. I don't think you know who my dad is, and I dont' think you know what they do. You don't even know my name or anything about me, almost all of the coaches have kids and what are the chance you know exactly who i am. So, you're telling me that the amount of time my dad spends up at the office is spent playing card games and snacking on food? I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT!! First of all, my dad loves his job and he loves his family, I don't think he'd put that kind of leisure time infront of spending time with us. 2nd of all, if you saw the amount of work, videos, diagrams, etc. that are here at my house, or that are there in the office, I think you'd change your opinion. 3rd of all, when Burnet hired all of these coaches don't you think that they looked into their past jobs and asked around? If snacking and playing on the job was in their history do you think they would have a job now? NO! THERES NO WAY!
Whatever these coaches are doing on the weekend has payed off. Burnet in the past 2 years has taken a extreme change in their athletic program. And just who are you? and why do you think you know so much?

------------------

Chris Hart
09-07-2002, 11:52 AM
Anyway, who says you can't hash out strategies, and try to correct the previous game's mistakes over some chips and salsa.There is nothing in the world wrong with that.LadyDawg, I am sure your dad is very dedicated to his job, and he should be.And I would assume your family understands the time away that his job requires this time of year.The only thing I dissagree with you on is, Burnet has had an excellent program since Edwin Abernathy took over in the late 80's.The new coaches inherited a great program.BTW, They are doing a stand-up job with it too.I am very impressed with our coaching staff.Hang in there, Daddy should be spending alot more time at home come November, or hopefully December.Go Bulldogs Go!

------------------
Big Green Dawg

ladydawg03
09-07-2002, 12:09 PM
I miss the abernathys.. don't get me wrong! I wish they were still both coaching here, but I'm saying that I don't think that the new coaches would have been hired if that kind of work had been done on the job. (if that makes any sense) I know my dad spends alot more time up there now then he did when abernathy was there. I think that when abernathy was there, he didn't want the staff up there on sundays so they did all their work on saturdays. The amount of time he spent at work this summer and during the off-season is now paying off. I Think ATMO is just alittle jealous on how well Burnet is doing this year, and instead of just sucking it up, he has to put down the coaching staff. Along with others that need to just suck it upa nd take it that Burnet has a great team this year, and quit putting down the players.

29x281
09-07-2002, 12:14 PM
Actually, ladydawg, I think ATMO was joking, and that he probably knows your Dad works very hard. That's why he said to say hi when your Dad gets home at MIDNIGHT. Get it. Sarcasm.

SintonFan
09-07-2002, 12:19 PM
Dangggg, if Burnet keeps this up, I might have to jump on their bandwagon. No kidding, everything coming out of the Burnet camp seems to prove all the hype. Again, Congrats on a great season start!!!

ATMO
09-08-2002, 01:52 PM
You're right, ladydawg, I am jealous of Burnet's success so far this year. By the way, I do know your name (a certain month) and your little brother is named for our state's capital. Hope your dad brought the pizza sunday! Those coaches get hungry.

ladydawg03
09-08-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by ATMO:
You're right, ladydawg, I am jealous of Burnet's success so far this year. By the way, I do know your name (a certain month) and your little brother is named for our state's capital. Hope your dad brought the pizza sunday! Those coaches get hungry.

You must be talking about the Moore's. I go to school with his daughter but thats not me. Try again buckaroo!