PDA

View Full Version : Especially for Aggies - Audie Murhpy movie this Friday night

Phil C
06-15-2011, 10:52 AM
That is on 6-17-11 at 7 P.M on TCM. It is called Bad Boy and was made in 1949 and is rarely shown on tv. This was Audie Murphy's first starring role even though he had minor parts in a couple of earlier movies. Audie Murphy was the most decorated war hero of WW2 and was from Texas and later became a movie star making mostly westerns. I haven't seen this movie so I can't make a recommendation on it but I am going to watch it. I do know that the Texas A&M ROTC program plays an important part in this movie.

There are other Audie Murphy movies after this one and you can consult your tv guide for the others. TCM is showing these in honor of Mr. Murphy's birthday on June 20th when he would have been 87.

The Encore Western Channel is also showing some of his movies. If interested you can get the dates and times by going to Starz.com and in search type in Audie Murphy and it will show you his movies and you can click each movie to find out the date and time.

Phil C
06-16-2011, 10:27 AM
ttt