PDA

View Full Version : King Football

BH_146
09-11-2003, 11:46 AM
This summer I wrote a book review for our local paper on King Football: Greatest Moments in Texas High School Football History. I posted some info about the book during the summer but got very little response. I decided to bring it up again since there is so much more activity on the board. The editor has put together a book which captures the history in a unique way. It contains feature articles, reprints of actual game stories from newspapers throughout the state, tons of photos as well as papes upon pages of stats which are current through the 2002 season. Below is part of the closing of my review:

"King Football is a book of history, a trip down memory lane and a unique reference source. Despite its claim, King Football is not the definitive source of Texas high school football, but it may be as close as any source now available. Many might disagree about the selections of “the greatest games” because they do not include a particular hometown team. Perhaps, Texas high school football is just too large for one book. But King Football does give a fan’s guide to the rich, colorful history of high school football across Texas. Thus, King Football fulfills its mission and should be enjoyed as such."

For those who enjoy reading about the history of Texas high school football, I highly recommend this book. You won't be disappointed. It is a bit pricy if you go to your local book store. But if you go through my website or an online discount site, you should be able to save a few bucks.

pirate4state
09-11-2003, 03:24 PM
I've skimmed it. It is too big, but I know some people will really enjoy it. Maybe the $65 price tag is what is keeping people away?? The plus side was that the Sinton/Hitchcock game was one of the area's top 10 games. :D

Fletch
09-11-2003, 03:29 PM
Do you have a link to a good place to buy it cheaply?

BH_146
09-11-2003, 10:10 PM
You can go to my site listed below. There is a Barnes and Noble ad link. By ordering through my link, you can save 20% and lately they have been offering free shipping. The book should cost you about $50 through the site.

Barbers Hill Sports Report (http://www.eteamz.com/bheagles)