PDA

View Full Version : Class in Sports...

eagles_victory
06-14-2011, 09:41 PM
People always talk about being classy. Is it just a reason for the team that loses to complain lol. You never hear the winning team complaining about the losing team not being classy.

Old LB
06-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Win or lose you should be classy about it, nobody wins them all.

eagles_victory
06-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
Win or lose you should be classy about it, nobody wins them all. I agree but that isn't really what Im saying. Do people that lose try to play the class card too much?

coach
06-14-2011, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
People always talk about being classy. Is it just a reason for the team that loses to complain lol. You never hear the winning team complaining about the losing team not being classy.

very true, but to me classiness can be overrated. for example, the little scuffle in game 6. ppl will say look at those classless players. blah blah blah. to me that is just sports. two teams that are heated and really don't care for one another. that is what makes sports so great. now what andrew bynum did, thats classless to me.

coach
06-14-2011, 09:49 PM
I agree but that isn't really what Im saying. Do people that lose try to play the class card too much?

i also hate when ppl use this phrase every chance they get. "Man he is a class act." shut the hell up lol

BaseballUmp
06-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Al Davis said it best, Just win baby win.

Who cares about class lol

AngeloState39
06-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Decatur has lots of class.

OldBison75
06-14-2011, 10:18 PM
I have heard many people not related to some teams or games that have accused a team of having no class---for example: Giddings and Sealy have both been labeled classless by people that are not associated with the losing teams in their games. My own experience was both were classy when they played Navasota--but they were competitive and passionate--that is not classless.

eagles_victory
06-14-2011, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I have heard many people not related to some teams or games that have accused a team of having no class---for example: Giddings and Sealy have both been labeled classless by people that are not associated with the losing teams in their games. My own experience was both were classy when they played Navasota--but they were competitive and passionate--that is not classless. classless is becoming one of those things that is way overused in sports.

Txbroadcaster
06-14-2011, 10:26 PM
I agree but that isn't really what Im saying. Do people that lose try to play the class card too much?

yes I think they do..sometimes it is for motivation..to feel slighted...sometimes it is in the heat of being beat..but way to many people use the class card especially at the hs level

orange machine
06-15-2011, 02:56 AM
I'm very classy I drive a cool jacked up Ford Ranger 4x4 how much more classy can you get.:nerd:

ronwx5x
06-15-2011, 06:12 AM

Wonder if Brownwood players and fans feel Iowa Park's 2010 team has "class"? I seem to remember comments about lack of class even though the lions took them to the woodshed.

Then again, wonder if Iowa Park's players and fans feel Brownwood's 2010 team has class?

Eye of the beholder.

BwdLion73
06-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Wonder if Brownwood players and fans feel Iowa Park's 2010 team has "class"? I seem to remember comments about lack of class even though the lions took them to the woodshed.

Then again, wonder if Iowa Park's players and fans feel Brownwood's 2010 team has class?

Eye of the beholder.

Thats true, it all depends on whose ox is getting gored.:thumbsup:

bwdlionfan
06-15-2011, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x

Eye of the beholder.

This is the example I was going to give when I read the main post of this thread. It is possible to be unclassy when you lose just as it is when you win. Iowa Park played very unclassy in the way they were losing.

forum_guy
06-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Plain and simple. The term being classy is over rated. U don't want the score ran up stop them. U don't want trash talking, shut them up. The term being classy tends to be used by an older crowd and is over rated.

Bullaholic
06-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
Plain and simple. The term being classy is over rated. U don't want the score ran up stop them. U don't want trash talking, shut them up. The term being classy tends to be used by an older crowd and is over rated.

Perhaps the term is overused, but it's meaning is still an admirable quality for anyone, or any team, to pursue in practice.