PDA

View Full Version : Dallas = City of Champions

Phil C
06-14-2011, 09:51 AM
Dallas has won championships in major sports such as basketball and football. The only thing lacking is for the Rangers to win a world series. Dallas has won at one of the following major sports

1. Dallas Cowboys in NFL football - five super bowls.

2. Dallas Mavericks in NBA - 2011 NBA Championship.

3 Dallas Stars - one National Hockey League Championship when they won the 1999 Stanley Cup

4 . Dallas Tornadoes - One Major League Soccer Championship when they won the Northwest American Soccer League Championship in 1971. They were led by Kyle Rote Jr. whose father was a great WR for SMU and the NY Giants.

A strong argument could be made for a fifth one because in 1962 the Dallas Texans won the AFL (American Football League) Championship by defeating the Houston Oilers (who had won it all the two prior years) in OT 20-17. This was before the AFL and NFL were to merge into one league and establish the Super Bowl. After year the Texans moved to Kansas City and became the Chiefs and were to win the super bowl a few years later.

Phil C
06-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Of note also is that the State of Texas is one of the few states that have 3 different cities that have won a title in one major pro sport with San Antonio, Houston and now Dallas having one at least one NBA title.

Gsquared
06-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Dallas has won championships in major sports such as basketball and football. The only thing lacking is for the Rangers to win a world series. Dallas has won at one of the following major sports

1. Dallas Cowboys in NFL football - five super bowls.

2. Dallas Mavericks in NBA - 2011 NBA Championship.

3 Dallas Stars - one National Hockey League Championship when they won the 1999 Stanley Cup

4 . Dallas Tornadoes - One Major League Soccer Championship when they won the Northwest American Soccer League Championship in 1971. They were led by Kyle Rote Jr. whose father was a great WR for SMU and the NY Giants.

A strong argument could be made for a fifth one because in 1962 the Dallas Texans won the AFL (American Football League) Championship by defeating the Houston Oilers (who had won it all the two prior years) in OT 20-17. This was before the AFL and NFL were to merge into one league and establish the Super Bowl. After year the Texans moved to Kansas City and became the Chiefs and were to win the super bowl a few years later.
If only the Pelican West band would move to Dallas, this city would be complete :p

Phil C
06-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
If only the Pelican West band would move to Dallas, this city would be complete :p

It would be great for Dallas but they love South Padre Island.
I forgot another thing which may not be important but the Sinton Matador was born in Dallas. :)

Gsquared
06-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
It would be great for Dallas but they love South Padre Island.
I forgot another thing which may not be important but the Sinton Matador was born in Dallas. :)
Really? So your kinda sorta a Dallasite? If you were born at Baylor Hospital then we could have been seperated at brith. I knew my mom was always keepin a secret from me.

Txbroadcaster
06-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Really? So your kinda sorta a Dallasite? If you were born at Baylor Hospital then we could have been seperated at brith. I knew my mom was always keepin a secret from me.

That ur a girl

Gsquared
06-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
That ur a girl
:eek:

OldBison75
06-14-2011, 01:26 PM
His mother never told him his father was really a midget from a traveling circus and that it is not good for a young girl to drink jello shots at the circus tent.

Pendragon13
06-14-2011, 01:57 PM
If the Rangers ever win a World series then Arlington (different city and county) should get the credit...as well as any future Cowboys Superbowls. Irving was close enough to Dallas that it didn't really matter before, but that's not the case with Arlington.