06-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Troup and Tatum have dropped out.

lostaussie
06-14-2011, 02:21 PM
Are the Buckeyes in anyones SQT?

MGAR
06-14-2011, 02:23 PM
No..

They already made it to state so I doubt they will show up at anymore SQTs.. But stranger things have happened.

waterboy
06-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Are the Buckeyes in anyones SQT?
Gilmer has already qualified by winning the Diboll SQT. I doubt they'll get in another one.

MGAR
06-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Actually Gilmer didn't win the Diboll SQT. They won their pool..

Never got to play Crockett.

lostaussie
06-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Gilmer has already qualified by winning the Diboll SQT. I doubt they'll get in another one. I didn't know they were already qualified..............shows how much I been paying attention:D

lostaussie
06-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Maybe we need a "Teams that have qualified" stickie:D

ccmom
06-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Maybe we need a "Teams that have qualified" stickie:D

Or maybe you just need to lay off the sauce and freaking pay attention!! :rolleyes:

;)

waterboy
06-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by MGAR

True. There were only 2 pools. Both Gilmer and Crockett qualified and did not play each other. I wish they had just to prove the Buckeyes were the better team. Judging by the scores, it "looks" like Gilmer would've won the tournament easily had they played, though.

MGAR
06-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Never know until the game is played though.

Wonder what the scores would of been if Crockett was able to play the powerhouse teams in Gilmers pool.

waterboy
06-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Never know until the game is played though.

Wonder what the scores would of been if Crockett was able to play the powerhouse teams in Gilmers pool.
Yeah, I don't know how or why they put Gilmer in the "weaker" pool. I guess that's just the way it worked out...:( I would've preferred for them to be tested a little better being in the pool with Carthage, Crockett, and Jasper... They did beat Jasper out of that pool pretty handily, though. Here are the scores from the Diboll SQT:

Pool 'A' Play (at Stadium)
Diboll 44, Huntington 12
Gilmer 40, Normangee 21
Normangee 31, Huntington 8
Diboll 27, Normangee 18
Gilmer 47, Huntington 24

Pool 'B' Play (at Practice Fields)
Carthage 32, Crockett 20
Jasper 20, Carthage 19
Crockett 39, Jasper 33

Championship Round
Gilmer 52, Jasper 26
Crockett 26, Diboll 13

MGAR
06-14-2011, 03:13 PM
I bet anything if Carthage would have advanced out of pool them and Gilmer would have played...

waterboy
06-14-2011, 03:22 PM
I bet anything if Carthage would have advanced out of pool them and Gilmer would have played...
If memory serves, they had that opportunity last year and they didn't play, so I don't know if they would've played this year had that happened or not. I certainly would pay to have seen it, though. That's for sure. After several games in the heat, I think qualifying would've probably been enough for both coaches to call it. I think that was the reasoning behind why they didn't play last year, too. Oh, well, we'll have to wait and see at the State tournament. Gilmer played well in it's first 7-on-7 tournament against 5A and 4A teams, then proceeded to win the last two tournaments out right. I think the same thing would've happened in Diboll had they been afforded that opportunity..........but like you said, we'll never really know.

Matthew328
06-14-2011, 03:27 PM
BTW I post the 7 on 7 qualified teams every week :)

buckeyebob
06-15-2011, 05:34 AM

The Bucks were ready...Crockett didn't want to play anymore...the palyed 4 games in a row, defeating Jasper, who had a 60 min. break, in #4, by a bunch. They looked good.

buckeyebob
06-15-2011, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Yeah, I don't know how or why they put Gilmer in the "weaker" pool. I guess that's just the way it worked out...:( I would've preferred for them to be tested a little better being in the pool with Carthage, Crockett, and Jasper... They did beat Jasper out of that pool pretty handily, though. Here are the scores from the Diboll SQT:

Pool 'A' Play (at Stadium)
Diboll 44, Huntington 12
Gilmer 40, Normangee 21
Normangee 31, Huntington 8
Diboll 27, Normangee 18
Gilmer 47, Huntington 24

Pool 'B' Play (at Practice Fields)
Carthage 32, Crockett 20
Jasper 20, Carthage 19
Crockett 39, Jasper 33

Championship Round
Gilmer 52, Jasper 26
Crockett 26, Diboll 13

Gilmer also beat Huntington (do not know the score)....Gilmer has one defeat in 4 tournaments - semi-final in Kelller sometime back.

Gilmer was ready for Crockett, even after 4 in a row. Crockett had several cramping up...definitley not in the condition the Bucks were.

Matthew328
06-15-2011, 02:11 PM
edited pools

Pool A
Kaufman*
Longview Spring Hill
Canton
Fairfield

Pool B
Shelbyville
Lindale
Wills Point

Pool C
Elysian Fields
Tyler Chapel Hill
Joaquin

buckeyebob
06-15-2011, 06:06 PM

Gilmer would have loved to play Carthage & Crockett. Carthage was in third place with points scored so they saddled their pony & disappearded. Crocket had all they wanted and "Crockett decided that since both Gilmer & themselves had qualified, they were ready to go home. They forfieted, and thus the Bucks qualify as Winner and Crockett as second place team." FYI - Jasper beat Carthage by one point, we beat Jasper 52-26. Enough said!