PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat

forum_guy
06-13-2011, 03:08 PM
Im not a fan at all, actually the complete opposite. However, at the beginning of the season i believe there was only one or 2 nba analysts that actually picked Miami to win it all this year. I know Chris Broussard did and thats all that comes to mind. I know most, including myself, picked them to lose in the ECF to Boston. Most analysts preseason said they wouldnt actually win it until next year. Barring a major trade for the Bulls the Heat will more than likely continuously go to the finals and be right there. Unfortunately i still think they can win multiple titles. They just ran into a team that was on fire and on a mission this year. If i was a Miami fan i would be dissappointed but this was the first year of many for the big 3 and with boston getting older Miami will be right in the finals mix for many years to come.

forum_guy
06-13-2011, 03:12 PM
People say the underachieved but not too many people preseason said they would win it all THIS YEAR.

eagles_victory
06-13-2011, 03:13 PM
On the Heat boards it is about 50/50. You do bring up some valid points.

Terry said it the best after the Rangers lost in the World Series maybe I can reflect back and think that in a few weeks but not right now.

This one hurts to me it was championship or bust.

forum_guy
06-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Yeah ev my points are based on preseason expectations. However with the way they steamrolled the c's and bulls it definitely felt like championship or bust for them.

eagles_victory
06-13-2011, 03:36 PM
If there were no labor talks I could easily see them signing Samuel Dalembert and JR Smith for the MLE but who knows with the labor situation.

forum_guy
06-13-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm pretty excited to see what deals the lakers make. It definitely felt different this year with them not playing for it all. Lol

eagles_victory
06-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
I'm pretty excited to see what deals the lakers make. It definitely felt different this year with them not playing for it all. Lol They will improve their bench and get more shooters in free agency.The key for them is finding a good point guard I am hearing a lot about them getting Raymond Felton.

trojandad
06-13-2011, 03:41 PM
i think the heat got very lucky with injuries this year, and could get worse with wade in the years to come....but id personally be more afraid of the heat if, say, they got someone like adelman to coach that bunch....their current coach got thrown into a fire with little to undergird him.....i woulda taken the opportunity if i were him, too, but it was a thankless job, if he won he was supposed to win with that bunch anyway.....if he lost, how could he lose with those players?....

eagles_victory
06-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
i think the heat got very lucky with injuries this year, and could get worse with wade in the years to come....but id personally be more afraid of the heat if, say, they got someone like adelman to coach that bunch....their current coach got thrown into a fire with little to undergird him.....i woulda taken the opportunity if i were him, too, but it was a thankless job, if he won he was supposed to win with that bunch anyway.....if he lost, how could he lose with those players?.... Spolestra had been the coach for the last two years. The hot name in Heat land is Jerry Sloan.

Farmersfan
06-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
i think the heat got very lucky with injuries this year, and could get worse with wade in the years to come....but id personally be more afraid of the heat if, say, they got someone like adelman to coach that bunch....their current coach got thrown into a fire with little to undergird him.....i woulda taken the opportunity if i were him, too, but it was a thankless job, if he won he was supposed to win with that bunch anyway.....if he lost, how could he lose with those players?....

I also believe the Heat will be lucky to get a full season out of D. Wade from here on out. He is always hurt and it will get worst as he gets older. And I really don't see those 3 playing well together for any extended amount of time. All 3 have been the king of their teams from their very first day. Sure they can share for a limited amount of time but what happens if they fail next year too? The fingers will start to point (if they haven't already) and things will start to unravel. If it were easy for 3 superstars to play together it would have happened a long time ago...................

eagles_victory
06-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I also believe the Heat will be lucky to get a full season out of D. Wade from here on out. He is always hurt and it will get worst as he gets older. And I really don't see those 3 playing well together for any extended amount of time. All 3 have been the king of their teams from their very first day. Sure they can share for a limited amount of time but what happens if they fail next year too? The fingers will start to point (if they haven't already) and things will start to unravel. If it were easy for 3 superstars to play together it would have happened a long time ago................... You may be right Im not convinced something didnt happen during this series. Lebrons behavior completely changed right in the middle of the series. If Lebron is in Orlando next year Im not surprised.

icu812
06-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Spolestra had been the coach for the last two years. The hot name in Heat land is Jerry Sloan.

I don't think that is a good fit. Great coach though.