PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference

TheDOCTORdre
06-13-2011, 01:44 PM
between bandwagon fans and bandwagon haters?

I hear people hating for people jumping on the Heat bandwagon, but aren't the people who started hating on the Heat this year essentially the same?

This thread is not directed to Mavs fans who were cheering and pulling for the Mavs, but those who had no interest except for seeing the Heat lose.

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre

I hear people hating for people jumping on the Heat bandwagon, but aren't the people who started hating on the Heat this year essentially the same?

This thread is not directed to Mavs fans who were cheering and pulling for the Mavs, but those who had no interest except for seeing the Heat lose.

i agree 100%..never understood hating another team just to hate them.

coach
06-13-2011, 01:49 PM

that's a really good point. i think bandwagon fans are worse bc they act like they have been cheering for that team forever. In all honesty it does not matter who you cheer for it's just really annoying that i have been cheeriong for teams like the rangers, mavs , and aggies all my life and then i have friends that are huge yankkee, laker, miami, patriot fans just bc they are good.

My dad was laughing at me last night bc this is really the only Championship i have ever been a fan of. Texas A&M, Dallas Mavericks, Texas Rangers, and the Dallas Cowboys have had a rough go at it since i have been following sports and it was absolutely exhilarating that MY team finally won!

eagles_victory
06-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Never understood the whole "fan police" some people think they are. Who cares who someone else cheers for it doesn't effect you.

Phil C
06-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Does anyone know when it will be in Dallas and if it will be televised?

MGAR
06-13-2011, 02:04 PM
Bangwagon fans are the worse..

My facebook last night was full of "yippe WE did it" crap...

Then I asked them all how many of them actually knew the Mavs were in the playoffs before 2 weeks ago..

talk about defensive..

Roughneck93
06-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by coach
that's a really good point. i think bandwagon fans are worse bc they act like they have been cheering for that team forever. In all honesty it does not matter who you cheer for it's just really annoying that i have been cheeriong for teams like the rangers, mavs , and aggies all my life and then i have friends that are huge yankkee, laker, miami, patriot fans just bc they are good.

I agree. I hate that Yankee, Laker,Miami, Patriots fan all wrapped up into one. For me, I've been a Cowboys, UT fan all my life. Loved the Oilers when they were in Houston. After that, it's anything Texas. So yes, even though I was rooting for the Mavs, I was also pulling for Dallas native Chris Bosh.

Farmersfan
06-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Never understood the whole "fan police" some people think they are. Who cares who someone else cheers for it doesn't effect you.

And there are some mighty big "Fan Police" shoes to fill on this forum these days! The number of people who think if you don't support your team the way they do then you can't possibly be a real fan is astounding.

eagles_victory
06-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
And there are some mighty big "Fan Police" shoes to fill on this forum these days! The number of people who think if you don't support your team the way they do then you can't possibly be a real fan is astounding. lol you get that a lot don't you?

Farmersfan
06-13-2011, 02:30 PM

My dad was laughing at me last night bc this is really the only Championship i have ever been a fan of. Texas A&M, Dallas Mavericks, Texas Rangers, and the Dallas Cowboys have had a rough go at it since i have been following sports and it was absolutely exhilarating that MY team finally won!

Does it in some way diminish your life long fandom of a team just because someone else started being a fan yesterday? Please explain that thinking.

bobcat1
06-13-2011, 02:32 PM

This thread is not directed to Mavs fans who were cheering and pulling for the Mavs, but those who had no interest except for seeing the Heat lose. I think it was just the underdog thing and all the hype. You know it is about the same with Celina or Brownwood or any other team that is loaded in 3A football.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2652/potatohatersgonnahateta.jpg

eagles_victory
06-13-2011, 02:36 PM
It does get a little old when people who know I was going for Miami and watched almost every game all season and they just started watching in the finals and think a pick and roll is something new on Churchs menu try to talk trash, but everyone cheers their own way and im ok with that.

Saggy Aggie
06-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Does it in some way diminish your life long fandom of a team just because someone else started being a fan yesterday? Please explain that thinking. It doesn't diminish our fandom... but it's really annoying when someone else who isn't really at a fan at all comes along when the team starts doing well and all of a sudden they act like they've been that lifelong fan. I guess that's the issue people have with bandwagoning.

Farmersfan
06-13-2011, 02:39 PM
lol you get that a lot don't you?

Oh yea! Certain people on here think that because a person examines the failures and expects improvements on those failures then they aren't true fans. I think they are confused between being a fan and supporting a team. There is a difference in the two!

coach
06-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Does it in some way diminish your life long fandom of a team just because someone else started being a fan yesterday? Please explain that thinking.

never said it diminished anything all i said it was annoying...kinda like you

Farmersfan
06-13-2011, 03:06 PM
never said it diminished anything all i said it was annoying...kinda like you

Well something isn't annoying unless you have a opinion about it coach! You must feel it affects you in some way or you would be completely indifferent about it.

I think on an emotional level you feel you have EARNED something by sticking by the team through all the hard times while those bandwagon arses didn't go through the tough times like you did yet they are getting the same enjoyement out of it as you are. All the hours, days, weeks, months and years of torture to get to this point and now a bunch of bandwagon yahoos are jumping in and claiming this team as their own. Well, damn them! Damn them i say!!!!!!! :D :D

don't worry though coach! I hear that if Dirk picks the #1 Mavs fan you are still in the running...........
Come back!:D :D

eagles_victory
06-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Well something isn't annoying unless you have a opinion about it coach! You must feel it affects you in some way or you would be completely indifferent about it.

I think on an emotional level you feel you have EARNED something by sticking by the team through all the hard times while those bandwagon arses didn't go through the tough times like you did yet they are getting the same enjoyement out of it as you are. All the hours, days, weeks, months and years of torture to get to this point and now a bunch of bandwagon yahoos are jumping in and claiming this team as their own. Well, damn them! Damn them i say!!!!!!! :D :D

don't worry though coach! I hear that if Dirk picks the #1 Mavs fan you are still in the running...........
Come back!:D :D Whoa

Emerson1
06-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by MGAR
Bangwagon fans are the worse..

My facebook last night was full of "yippe WE did it" crap...

Then I asked them all how many of them actually knew the Mavs were in the playoffs before 2 weeks ago..

talk about defensive..
At game 4 I sat next to this couple on a date. They looked to still be in HS. The girl asked who Dallas played the round before. It caught my attention, but it was a chick so I didn't think anything about it. Then the guy answered "I think it was the Suns"... Every team has that though, it was the same way with the Rangers

Emerson1
06-13-2011, 04:12 PM
I think people only care when it's bandwagons fans of a team that just beat them.

coach
06-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
At game 4 I sat next to this couple on a date. They looked to still be in HS. The girl asked who Dallas played the round before. It caught my attention, but it was a chick so I didn't think anything about it. Then the guy answered "I think it was the Suns"... Every team has that though, it was the same way with the Rangers

Did you correct them an say it was the pacers