PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Active NBA Players

Bullaholic
06-13-2011, 12:55 PM
What would be your Top 5 NBA player ranking?
Here's mine:

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Dirk Nowitski
3. Derrick Rose
4. LeBron James
5. Dwight Howard

eagles_victory
06-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
What would be your Top 5 NBA player ranking?
Here's mine:

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Dirk Nowitski
3. Derrick Rose
4. LeBron James
5. Dwight Howard Somebody didnt see the ECF.

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Not sure Bryant is #1 at this point...and Durant IMO is in the discussion as well

Bullaholic
06-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Somebody didnt see the ECF.

Remember, I said MINE---what's yours?

crzyjournalist03
06-13-2011, 12:57 PM
I think I'd have Dwayne Wade over LeBron James right now in any rankings.

MGAR
06-13-2011, 12:58 PM
1. James
2. Dirk
3. Kobe
4. Howard
5. Rose

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 12:59 PM
I am not as sold on Howard as others..I think he would make a really good 2nd stud on a great team

BaseballUmp
06-13-2011, 01:00 PM
1. Brian Cardinal
2. KD
3. Yao Ming
4. Luke Walton
5. Dirk

eagles_victory
1. Dwyane Wade
2. Dwight Howard
3. Dirk
4. Lebron James
5. Kevin Durant
6. Carmelo Anthony
7. Kobe
8. Derrick Rose
9. Deron Williams

MGAR
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I am not as sold on Howard as others..I think he would make a really good 2nd stud on a great team

I can see what you are saying..

But he is the best big man out there IMO... so he's on my list.

eagles_victory
06-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Remember, I said MINE---what's yours? It doesn't make any sense to have Rose ahead of Lebron after he dominated him in the playoffs.

Bullaholic
06-13-2011, 01:03 PM
It doesn't make any sense to have Rose ahead of Lebron after he dominated him in the playoffs.

It does after I saw LeBron in the NBA Finals. Unless he finds a way to step up soon, I think I am right on.

MGAR
06-13-2011, 01:04 PM
It does after I saw LeBron in the NBA Finals. Unless he finds a way to step up soon, I think I am right on.

Doesn't really work that way or does it?

Jason Terry stepped up in the finals. So is he better than James? Rose? Dirk?

eagles_victory
06-13-2011, 01:05 PM
It does after I saw LeBron in the NBA Finals. Unless he finds a way to step up soon, I think I am right on. Do you work for the BCS? That seems to be their logic.

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 01:06 PM
I am still not sure why Howard is so high..and especially ahead of Dirk

Bullaholic
06-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Do you work for the BCS? That seems to be their logic.

Well, e_v it seems like a good part of the basketball world is thinking along these lines---knee jerk?----only time will tell after the smoke clears and others have a chance to shine in a championship game---or not. Remember, e_v---we're talking personal opinions here----it's like hs football polls---there is no right or wrong---only discussion.

eagles_victory
06-13-2011, 01:14 PM
I am still not sure why Howard is so high..and especially ahead of Dirk Best rebounder and defensive players in the league and he is so much better than other centers. You saw how effective Tyson Chandler was for the Mavericks. Howard actually killed him last year. Noone in the league can do anything with him.

DDBooger
06-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Before this year, I didn't watch much of Dirk, nor think much of him. I wouldn't put him any lower than 3 and probably at 2. The guy is amazing.

1. Kobe
2. Dirk
3. Wade
4. Lebron
5. Durant

eagles_victory
06-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Well, e_v it seems like a good part of the basketball world is thinking along these lines---knee jerk?----only time will tell after the smoke clears and others have a chance to shine in a championship game---or not. Did you watch the ECF? Lebron dominated Derek Rose I dont care where you have Lebron but you cannot have Rose in front of him not after he shut Rose down.

Bullaholic
06-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Did you watch the ECF? Lebron dominated Derek Rose I dont care where you have Lebron but you cannot have Rose in front of him not after he shut Rose down.

Based on that, I would agree, e_v----as of about 10:00 last night---I wouldn't.

Txbroadcaster
Best rebounder and defensive players in the league and he is so much better than other centers. You saw how effective Tyson Chandler was for the Mavericks. Howard actually killed him last year. Noone in the league can do anything with him.

and Chandler played all of 51 games last year and was still getting over injuries...and i am not saying Howard is not a good player..Ben Wallace at one point was the best defensive players and top 3 rebounder but I would not had said at any point he was a top 5 player in the league( and yes I know Howard scores more, but that is because he is THE option for the Magic)

coach
It doesn't make any sense to have Rose ahead of Lebron after he dominated him in the playoffs.

and it doesnt make sense to have dwade ahead of dirk when dirk outplayed and outclutched dwade in the playoffs....you made a comment earlier about the ECF....what did dwade do in the ECF and what did dirk do in the WCF?

eagles_victory
06-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by coach
and it doesnt make sense to have dwade ahead of dirk when dirk outplayed and outclutched dwade in the playoffs....you made a comment earlier about the ECF....what did dwade do in the ECF and what did dirk do in the WCF? Dwade is the best 2 way player in the game this guy can score 30 a game and is the best defensive player in the league on the peremiter. Dirk has one title had a great playoff run but he is not a better complete all around player than Wade.

coach
06-13-2011, 01:24 PM
dwade is not the best defensive player in the league lol

coach
06-13-2011, 01:27 PM
not to mention dirk is a much tougher guard than dwade...he proved it this series with the "greatest defensive team of all time"

eagles_victory
06-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by coach
dwade is not the best defensive player in the league lol Yea he is on the peremiter who is better?

coach
06-13-2011, 01:31 PM
ron artest
kobe
lebron
rajon rondo

lol he wasn't even on the all defensive team first team he made the second team

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Yea he is on the peremiter who is better?

in the discussion

Shane Battier and Andre Iguodala..Kobe..even James

and dont forget Caron Butler..he is a beast as a perimiter D player

Bullaholic
06-13-2011, 01:35 PM
The truth----I don't even know enough about basketball to even be in this discussion, but I am enjoying reading the posts by those who do....:D

coach
06-13-2011, 01:39 PM
steve nash is a better defender too

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 01:39 PM
in the discussion

Shane Battier and Andre Iguodala..Kobe..even James

and dont forget Caron Butler..he is a beast as a perimiter D player

I also forgot Tony allen..dude can pick pocket the best guards

BreckTxLonghorn
06-13-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Before this year, I didn't watch much of Dirk, nor think much of him. I wouldn't put him any lower than 3 and probably at 2. The guy is amazing.

1. Kobe
2. Dirk
3. Wade
4. Lebron
5. Durant

This. Though I may even switch LBJ and Durant.