PDA

View Full Version : Does Dirk

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Win at least one more title?

I think he has a very good chance...for all the talk of his age, he is going to be 33 next sunday...he is a basketball player, not someone trying to dabble in other things or get into movies or anything like that.

With his style of game, he can easily IMO play another 5-7 years with most of them still being a great player.

Bullaholic
06-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Win at least one more title?

I think he has a very good chance...for all the talk of his age, he is going to be 33 next sunday...he is a basketball player, not someone trying to dabble in other things or get into movies or anything like that.

With his style of game, he can easily IMO play another 5-7 years with most of them still being a great player.

I think he can, but I think back-to-back NBA titles will be tough for the Mavs to do----most teams seem to fall prey to the "I got my ring" weakness and that is very, very hard to overcome in the season after a championship in any sport.

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I think he can, but I think back-to-back NBA titles will be tough for the Mavs to do----most teams seem to fall prey to the "I got my ring" weakness and that is very, very hard to overcome in the season after a championship in any sport.

i dont think it would be back to back by any stretch..

waterboy
06-13-2011, 11:41 AM
My thinking is YES, there is a strong possibility of another title during Dirk's career. Mark Cuban will see to it that he has the players around him to make it possible.

Roughneck93
06-13-2011, 11:44 AM
I think he will. Maybe not back-to-back. But before it's all said and done, yes. I agree with waterboy in that Cuban will surround Dirk with the right people.

LIONS#1
06-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Maybe the Mavs can get Kobe and a couple other superstars if the promise a WWF style smoke filled entrance!!:cool:

orange machine
06-13-2011, 11:50 AM
It's hard to say I think Dirk has enough in the tank to be a dominate player for the next 3 or so years. The big question is the men around him do they have enough in the tank. Kidd will be 39 Marion 34 and some of the others are all over 30. I think there best chance will be with this group. With a healthy Butler and Roddy they should be that much more improved. I believe JJ is a full-time starter now and that lives it open for the small toward position.

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
It's hard to say I think Dirk has enough in the tank to be a dominate player for the next 3 or so years. The big question is the men around him do they have enough in the tank. Kidd will be 39 Marion 34 and some of the others are all over 30. I think there best chance will be with this group. With a healthy Butler and Roddy they should be that much more improved. I believe JJ is a full-time starter now and that lives it open for the small toward position.

I actually think Dirk's next best chance is with another grouping..would not shock me if kidd retires, especially if there is a labor stoppage.

since Dirk now has that elusive title, I think he would be more willing if Cuban comes to him in two years and says hey we are going to tear it down and rebuild around you for one more run.

orange machine
06-13-2011, 11:56 AM
By the way I kinda see the Mavs being the next Spurs they have a bunch of vets and just add small pieces every year.

Macarthur
06-13-2011, 11:56 AM
I think they can. If Roddy B can take the next step, Butler is healthy and they resign Chandler they have a shot. I think a lot of folks forget how good Butler is; he could really help them make a run next year.

Pendragon13
06-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Probably not next season, but I can see it in the next 5 years or so once Cuban adds a few more quality support players and gets rid of the ones that don't pull their weight.

Macarthur
06-13-2011, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Probably not next season, but I can see it in the next 5 years or so once Cuban adds a few more quality support players and gets rid of the ones that don't pull their weight.

This seems like an odd statement given they just won the Championship.

What would you suggest they add and who is not pulling their weight?

Old Tiger
06-13-2011, 12:16 PM
I don't think so.

orange machine
06-13-2011, 12:23 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Cuban try to sign Ray Allen proven vet who is an offensive machine and plays good defense. Even if he doesn't start he could still give you 20 to 25 min a game.

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
I wouldn't mind seeing Cuban try to sign Ray Allen proven vet who is an offensive machine and plays good defense. Even if he doesn't start he could still give you 20 to 25 min a game.

imo Dallas does not need another jump shooter..they need someone who can slash to the basket...alot of people think roddy B is that, I am not sold on him yet.

crzyjournalist03
06-13-2011, 12:30 PM
I think he will, and I think it will be one more, not more than that.

I'm honestly not even sure that it will be in Dallas...I'd like to think it would, but I could see a scenario in his final year or two where if Dallas hasn't managed to rebuild around him, they may send him to a team to be the "missing piece" kind of like Shaq became for Miami.

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I think he will, and I think it will be one more, not more than that.

I'm honestly not even sure that it will be in Dallas...I'd like to think it would, but I could see a scenario in his final year or two where if Dallas hasn't managed to rebuild around him, they may send him to a team to be the "missing piece" kind of like Shaq became for Miami.

I dont think Dirk would do that( unless we are talking about he Mavs dipping down to like 20 win team his last few years)...if he plays another 7 years and Dallas each year is in play off contention then I think he would be happy with his one ring

Emerson1
06-13-2011, 12:54 PM
I don't see him leaving now that he has won a championship. He will retire here.

TheDOCTORdre
06-13-2011, 02:06 PM
I actually think a work stoppage could help the Mavs in their quest for back to back