PDA

View Full Version : LeBron's Comments after Game

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 08:29 AM
All the people that were rooting me on to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life they had before,” James said. “They have the same personal problems they had to today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want with me and my family and be happy with that.

“They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy that not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal,” James said. “But they’ll have to get back to the real world at some point.”

If that is not a big eff u I am rich your not statement then I dont know what is

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoopmiamiheat/post/_/id/8869/another-season-without-acquittal-for-lebron

He has an inner circle that I think has never allowed him to grow up...I dont think they are bad people, but they are all around his age..he needs someone older to step in and take him under their wing IMO

Farmersfan
06-13-2011, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
All the people that were rooting me on to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life they had before,” James said. “They have the same personal problems they had to today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want with me and my family and be happy with that.

“They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy that not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal,” James said. “But they’ll have to get back to the real world at some point.”

If that is not a big eff u I am rich your not statement then I dont know what is

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoopmiamiheat/post/_/id/8869/another-season-without-acquittal-for-lebron

He has an inner circle that I think has never allowed him to grow up...I dont think they are bad people, but they are all around his age..he needs someone older to step in and take him under their wing IMO

Perfect example of how he doesn't live in reality! He has NO IDEA that those poor people who now have to get back to their poor lives are the one's that allow him to live his rich life.............
Certainly shows his lack of maturity!

Bullaholic
06-13-2011, 08:39 AM
Maybe I'm reading things into LeBron's statements, but I come away with him saying that he is going to continue to live an NBA star's life and his critics are nobodies who will continue to live their miserable little lives that don't count.

LeBron had better hire a media agent---quick, and learn some humility and gain a whole lot of maturity even quicker.

This is the last LeBron blast I will post until he does something else silly or thoughtless.

forum_guy
06-13-2011, 09:23 AM
im kind of torn on the statement. I do dislike Lebron but i kind of get what he is saying. Don't people have better things to do than constantly hate on him and that they now have all off season to think of new things to say about him. With that in mind saying things like this is just throwing fuel in the fire. LOL

Farmersfan
06-13-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by forum_guy
im kind of torn on the statement. I do dislike Lebron but i kind of get what he is saying. Don't people have better things to do than constantly hate on him and that they now have all off season to think of new things to say about him. With that in mind saying things like this is just throwing fuel in the fire. LOL

I think it comes with the territory. That passion that makes people take every single aspect of Lebron's life so seriously is also the same passion that provides enough money so that Lebron can be paid 14 million dollars to play a game. Movie stars seem to have the opinion that they have the RIGHT to privacy and should be able to turn the stardom on and off at will. That just isn't how it works. The reason people live vicariously through the STARS of this world is because those stars are being given a very desirable lifestyle by the same people who want to be them. Lebron James can't have his cake and eat it too! The poor trash he seems to disdain so much is the same trash providing his paycheck.

bigwood33
06-13-2011, 09:48 AM
Punk.

Maroon87
06-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Sounds to me like he's just OK with being rich and that winning doesn't really matter.

trojandad
06-13-2011, 09:59 AM
problem is one can have 12 lebrons and still get outcoached on how to use them......and sometimes, get outcoached by a mile.....:stirpot:

Ernest T Bass
06-13-2011, 10:07 AM
Ok, maybe it's just me, b/c Im not truly a "fan" of any team. Ive never coached or played for the Mavs, nor does anyone I know. So, I can't force myself to have a personal connection to them just b/c they have the word "Dallas" on their jersey. But, to me, James has been scrutinized(unfairly, I think) for every single move he's made, and he knows he will catch hell for losing last night(even though there were 4 others on the court at all times). He's hurt, he's disappointed, he's severely wounded and he knows the next few days and weeks will be hell. To me, that was a classy response. Now, had he started yelling or cursing, dropping ghettoisms, or something to that effect, I'd be right with y'all. But he didn't. Yes, that's a big "eff you", but he knows he'll be on the receiving end of many of those in the coming weeks.
That's why I hate those postgame interviews. We want these guys to conduct themselves professionally, but then we go after them when their emotions are the rawest and most prevailant.
But, like I said, I have no personal stake at all.

BaseballUmp
06-13-2011, 10:10 AM
Thug!

MGAR
06-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Ok, maybe it's just me, b/c Im not truly a "fan" of any team. Ive never coached or played for the Mavs, nor does anyone I know. So, I can't force myself to have a personal connection to them just b/c they have the word "Dallas" on their jersey. But, to me, James has been scrutinized(unfairly, I think) for every single move he's made, and he knows he will catch hell for losing last night(even though there were 4 others on the court at all times). He's hurt, he's disappointed, he's severely wounded and he knows the next few days and weeks will be hell. To me, that was a classy response. Now, had he started yelling or cursing, dropping ghettoisms, or something to that effect, I'd be right with y'all. But he didn't. Yes, that's a big "eff you", but he knows he'll be on the receiving end of many of those in the coming weeks.
That's why I hate those postgame interviews. We want these guys to conduct themselves professionally, but then we go after them when their emotions are the rawest and most prevailant.

+1

BEAST
06-13-2011, 10:22 AM

I understand and agree with what you are saying. However, post season meltdowns are what got Dallas and Dirk the soft label. And the media nor anybody else took that away until they won the big one. That is what Lebron, not the Heat, have to do. No matter where Lebron may be playing, he will be the most physically gifted player on the court, he has to win a title and it all goes away.

BEAST

bobcat1
06-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Punk. Zactly! No more words needed.

Bullaholic
06-13-2011, 10:23 AM

Just one prob with this, ETB---how come so many other pro athletes can conduct themselves like pros in similar situations every season without saying these things that many find offensive?
No way that was a classy response...

Ernest T Bass
06-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
I understand and agree with what you are saying. However, post season meltdowns are what got Dallas and Dirk the soft label. And the media nor anybody else took that away until they won the big one. That is what Lebron, not the Heat, have to do. No matter where Lebron may be playing, he will be the most physically gifted player on the court, he has to win a title and it all goes away.

BEAST

Not disagreeing with that at all. Just commenting on his postgame comments. Didn't see anything wrong with what he said at all.

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 10:24 AM

I can see your point up to when you said it was a classy response...how is it classy to say at the end of the day these people will still have to go back to their problems while I can and will do what I want.

As far as him being unfairly treated...how? He is the one who announced he was taking his "talent" to South Beach

He is the one who said he was there to bring the heat not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7 but 8 titles

It is not unfair when you say things like that and then recieve backlash. ..if he would have announced quietly at a normal press conference he was going to the Heat..that is fine

If he would have said in that celebration of the 3 hey I am glad to be here I hope I can be part of many title teams..then that is fine..and btw both of those comments were not after the game emotional moments.

Ernest T Bass
06-13-2011, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Just one prob with this, ETB---how come so many other pro athletes can conduct themselves like pros in similar situations every season without saying these things that many find offensive?
No way that was a classy response...

Not all of them do, especially when they've been scrutinized as he has. You all seem to want him to bow his head, say "I suck", and bend over and take what's given to him. I don't expect him to do that. He didn't attack the Mavericks(even said they are the better team) or anyone in their orgainization. That would be classless. It was a response to the media and the critics who never have and never will be "in the arena".

Ernest T Bass
06-13-2011, 10:33 AM
I can see your point up to when you said it was a classy response...how is it classy to say at the end of the day these people will still have to go back to their problems while I can and will do what I want.

As far as him being unfairly treated...how? He is the one who announced he was taking his "talent" to South Beach

He is the one who said he was there to bring the heat not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7 but 8 titles

It is not unfair when you say things like that and then recieve backlash. ..if he would have announced quietly at a normal press conference he was going to the Heat..that is fine

If he would have said in that celebration of the 3 hey I am glad to be here I hope I can be part of many title teams..then that is fine..and btw both of those comments were not after the game emotional moments.

They weren't after the game comments? Were they before the game?
As for title predictions, what do you expect him to say? He's probably the best player in the NBA, and he knows that. Plus,he's going to work the crowd. That's what these guys have to do. Hype=money.
Maybe classy wasn't the word, but lack of class definitely doesn't define it. It seems the NBA is scrutinized more than other sports. And yes, the whole Decision thing was bad. I hated it and thought that was classless beyond belief. But, the post game comments Im fine with. I dont expect him to bend over and take it. There's a lot of hype and mystique built around him(some self-induced, some not) and he has to defend it.

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 10:37 AM
They weren't after the game comments? Were they before the game?
As for title predictions, what do you expect him to say? He's probably the best player in the NBA, and he knows that. Plus,he's going to work the crowd. That's what these guys have to do. Hype=money.
Maybe classy wasn't the word, but lack of class definitely doesn't define it. It seems the NBA is scrutinized more than other sports. And yes, the whole Decision thing was bad. I hated it and thought that was classless beyond belief. But, the post game comments Im fine with. I dont expect him to bend over and take it. There's a lot of hype and mystique built around him(some self-induced, some not) and he has to defend it.

I guess I dont see how he was bending over and taking it when the questions were about his game and how he struggled especially in the 4th Q...this was not a situation where he was socring 35 points with 12 boards but the Heat were losing

and I meant his whole decision fiasco..and his whole we will win 8 title comments were not after the game in the heat of the moment..neither was the coughing thing

Ernest T Bass
06-13-2011, 10:54 AM
I guess I dont see how he was bending over and taking it when the questions were about his game and how he struggled especially in the 4th Q...this was not a situation where he was socring 35 points with 12 boards but the Heat were losing

and I meant his whole decision fiasco..and his whole we will win 8 title comments were not after the game in the heat of the moment..neither was the coughing thing

Not disagreing with any of that. Just talking about the postgame comments. He's faced more scrutiny than anyone in the NBA(yes, some was brought upon himself). I don't expect him to just stand there and take the media punches.
As far as the coughing, I don't doubt his word on that. He hasn't been one to self-censor thus far(might be smarter to do that, though). If it was directed at Dirk, I have no doubt he'd have no problem saying that.

Farmersfan
06-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Not all of them do, especially when they've been scrutinized as he has. You all seem to want him to bow his head, say "I suck", and bend over and take what's given to him. I don't expect him to do that. He didn't attack the Mavericks(even said they are the better team) or anyone in their orgainization. That would be classless. It was a response to the media and the critics who never have and never will be "in the arena".

Way off base ETB! Lebron has been the poster child for media apoligists his entire career until he "broke the camels back" so to speak. His entire career has been a whirlwind of loving embrace from all media outlets and fans. I honestly can't remember him ever having to face any real media scrutiny until he went to Miami and pulled the STUNT! And just like the media did for his first 7 seasons you are giving him credit for things he DIDN'T do. He didn't call out the Mavs so he is obviously ok! If you simply judge his performance vs his expectations (fueled by his actions) L. James underacheived at a level unequaled in the history of the NBA in this finals series. If Dirk had scored ZERO points in the 6 games he still would not have underachieved as badly as James did. It was because of all the hype! And yes Lebron is about 75% responsible for that hype.

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Not disagreing with any of that. Just talking about the postgame comments. He's faced more scrutiny than anyone in the NBA(yes, some was brought upon himself). I don't expect him to just stand there and take the media punches.
As far as the coughing, I don't doubt his word on that. He hasn't been one to self-censor thus far(might be smarter to do that, though). If it was directed at Dirk, I have no doubt he'd have no problem saying that.

again..what media punches? I listened and I did not feel at anytime the media was asking over the top Qs or attacking him..They asked what happened, why did he think he struggled.

.in fact I think most would agree that until the finals the media as a whole had basically praised James( except the decision thing)...IMO his comment were to the fans more than the media.

And the whole coughing thing..does not matter if it was at Dirk or not..PERCEPTION always rules the day...that is the immaturity I am talking about.

icu812
06-13-2011, 11:29 AM
"To hear James suggest that the world will have to return to its sad, little ordinary lives and he’ll still get to be LeBron James late Sunday night was a window into his warped, fragile psyche. It was sad, and portends to how disconnected to the world he truly is.
“They have to wake up and have the same life that they had before they woke up today … the same personal problems,” James said. “I’m going to continue to live the way that I want to live. … But they have to get back to the real world at some point.”

There’s nothing real about James’ world, and never has been. He’s a prisoner of a life that his sycophants and enablers and our sporting culture has created for him. He’s rich and talented and something of a tortured soul. He’s the flawed superstar for these flawed times. He’s a creation of a basketball breeding ground full of such twisted priorities and warped principles. Almost every person who’s ever had to work closely with him, who has spent significant time, who’s watched him belittle and bully people, told me they were rooting hard against him. That’s sad, and that’s something he doesn’t understand and probably never will.

When the game was over, his attitude was downright defiant. They had done enough to win, he insisted, and of course he was wrong."

above from Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo Sports

Roughneck93
06-13-2011, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Perfect example of how he doesn't live in reality! He has NO IDEA that those poor people who now have to get back to their poor lives are the one's that allow him to live his rich life.............
Certainly shows his lack of maturity!

:iagree: Well said! But I for one enjoyed going back to my regular life this morning.

MGAR
06-13-2011, 11:42 AM
I guess I'm confused but how do poor people help James and Wade and Kidd and Dirk live their life?

Eagle 1
06-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Zactly! No more words needed.

Well maybe just one.
Loser. :D

DDBooger
06-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by MGAR
I guess I'm confused but how do poor people help James and Wade and Kidd and Dirk live their life? By being on forums all day talking about how much they hate him? lol

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by MGAR
I guess I'm confused but how do poor people help James and Wade and Kidd and Dirk live their life?

those poor people are the ones who pay for tickets, pay for team gear, pay for the products these guys endorse...all that helps put money in the players pockets

you think if the NBA had 5K fans a game that these guys would make the money they do?

LIONS#1
06-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Or being on forums all day long reading and commenting about people who hate him.:cool: :p

MGAR
06-13-2011, 12:05 PM
those poor people are the ones who pay for tickets, pay for team gear, pay for the products these guys endorse...all that helps put money in the players pockets

you think if the NBA had 5K fans a game that these guys would make the money they do?

lol Poor people can't afford the price of these high tickets..

Old Tiger
06-13-2011, 12:06 PM
nothing wrong with what he said.....

buncha racist on here.

Eagle 1
06-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
nothing wrong with what he said.....

buncha racist on here.

Surely you jest.

Old Tiger
06-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Surely you jest. the 2nd statement, yes

DDBooger
06-13-2011, 12:23 PM
I sometimes think people who hate athletes are pretty disconnected themselves. Its entertainment. I suppose its precisely why the Romans thought games would ply the mind of the people in hard times.

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
I sometimes think people who hate athletes are pretty disconnected themselves. Its entertainment. I suppose its precisely why the Romans thought games would ply the mind of the people in hard times.

i agree..i dont hate LBJ, and I dont hate them joining forces to try to be a super team. but what i dont like is when players disrespect the fans..and IMO that is what james did with those comments

Old Tiger
06-13-2011, 12:26 PM
To me he is saying all those who hate on him have to live with hate and vendettas but he is just going to do what he does and not live with those same things.

DDBooger
06-13-2011, 12:28 PM
i agree..i dont hate LBJ, and I dont hate them joining forces to try to be a super team. but what i dont like is when players disrespect the fans..and IMO that is what james did with those comments Perhaps, but I don't care. If anything, he just sold more tickets on away games so people could boo him. Entertainment needs a villain too. lol

Eagle 1
06-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Some people just want the spotlight on them all the time.....good or bad.

DDBooger
06-13-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Some people just want the spotlight on them all the time.....good or bad. Because that equates money, and any professional sport is about making money.

eagles_victory
06-13-2011, 12:37 PM
How was he wrong? I don't have a problem with what he said at all or anything he really did off the court. Now on the court that is a totally different story. People just don't like hearing reality is what I think.

STANG RED
06-13-2011, 01:08 PM
I wasnt offended by what he said at all, and in fact do not believe he was intending it to sound as many have taken it. But then again, I was too busy laughing my butt off at his dumb ass, to take anything he said seriously.

And I'm proud to say, no rich athletes have a dime of my money in their pockets. I'll watch them for free on tv, but I've never owned a jersey, other than the ones I played in, and I dont shell out my money for over priced tickets, to watch any of them play live. I may be a sports fan, but I'm a whole lot bigger fan of my family and myself, than I'll ever be of some joker that doesnt know or care if I'm alive.

BEAST
06-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Because that equates money, and any professional sport is about making money.

And Dennis Rodman was the king of that game!

BEAST

Emerson1
06-13-2011, 02:08 PM
As much as I hate LeBron, if you watch the video it doesn't come off as "I have money and the poor people and suck it" like people are making it out to be.

forum_guy
06-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Exactly Emerson. All I got out of it was haters will keep hating and got nothing better to do and he will move on and start the journey again next year.

Saggy Aggie
06-13-2011, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
Exactly Emerson. All I got out of it was haters will keep hating and got nothing better to do and he will move on and start the journey next year. +1

I never saw what he said that was so bad.

ronwx5x
06-13-2011, 03:50 PM
He has an inner circle that I think has never allowed him to grow up...I dont think they are bad people, but they are all around his age..he needs someone older to step in and take him under their wing IMO [/B]

His attitude seems to be like that of an alcoholic. Until he decides he needs help from someone or something else, offering help is most likely fruitless.

eagles_victory
06-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
+1

I never saw what he said that was so bad. Keep in mind who started the thread.

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Keep in mind who started the thread.

uhh I started the thread...and?

eagles_victory
06-13-2011, 04:52 PM
uhh I started the thread...and? yes you did...

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 05:06 PM
yes you did...

so what is your point lol

eagles_victory
06-13-2011, 05:16 PM
so what is your point lol Just making observations

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 05:18 PM
Just making observations

ur box is full

eagles_victory
06-13-2011, 05:43 PM
ur box is full hmm...

OldBison75
06-14-2011, 01:17 PM
If James would have stepped up to the mike and said he sucked and he failed, everyone would now be saying that it was a team game and a team loss. He can't win either way with the ones that are on him so much.

I lost respect for him as a person after some of the comments he made about the Cleveland organization and fans who supported him as well as any player has ever been supported. I still think he is one of the most athletically gifted players to ever touch an NBA court.

In the real world he talked about, each of us has to take our talents and use them the best we can---and dream of bigger and better things. In his world, he is the bigger and better things that alot of the "little people" aspire to be--rich and famous. He is right that we will return to our daily lives and have the same problems, and, he will make his multi-millions and after a few months off will be back next year playing the game on a national stage.
He will do what he does and we will do what we do--he will play basketball for big money and we will work our butts off to put food on the table and gripe about how much he makes for playing a game.

eagles_victory
06-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
If James would have stepped up to the mike and said he sucked and he failed, everyone would now be saying that it was a team game and a team loss. He can't win either way with the ones that are on him so much.

I lost respect for him as a person after some of the comments he made about the Cleveland organization and fans who supported him as well as any player has ever been supported. I still think he is one of the most athletically gifted players to ever touch an NBA court.

In the real world he talked about, each of us has to take our talents and use them the best we can---and dream of bigger and better things. In his world, he is the bigger and better things that alot of the "little people" aspire to be--rich and famous. He is right that we will return to our daily lives and have the same problems, and, he will make his multi-millions and after a few months off will be back next year playing the game on a national stage.
He will do what he does and we will do what we do--he will play basketball for big money and we will work our butts off to put food on the table and gripe about how much he makes for playing a game. What did he say about Cleveland fans?