PDA

View Full Version : And of course now RACE is a reason some hate the Heat

Txbroadcaster
06-12-2011, 06:47 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-mavericks/headlines/20110612-l.a.-times-columnist-racial-elements-at-play-in-hatred-of-heat-love-of-mavericks.ece

Sad thing is the writer made some good points..until he turns it racial

Phil C
06-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Well this video cuts down LA. Restraint should be made of sterner stuff. LA needs to be worrying about getting an NFL team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6ubf-250nc

eagles_victory
06-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Sounds like some Spike Lee crap.

Farmersfan
06-12-2011, 07:01 PM
That guys is a total idiot! Not a single redeeming sentence in that entire story.

eagles_victory
06-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
That guys is a total idiot! Not a single redeeming sentence in that entire story. The part about Kidd and Stvenson made sense. People hate Lebron but love a wife beater. Even though Kidds wife was crazy and really really pushedhim from most accounts.

Txbroadcaster
06-12-2011, 07:05 PM
That guys is a total idiot! Not a single redeeming sentence in that entire story.

I think until the race part he made alot of sense

Farmersfan
06-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-mavericks/headlines/20110612-l.a.-times-columnist-racial-elements-at-play-in-hatred-of-heat-love-of-mavericks.ece

Sad thing is the writer made some good points..until he turns it racial

I have a son at Fort Bragg and a son that goes to school in IRving. They have both told me that the ONLY people they have bound that likes the Heat are the mainly the brothas! I seriously doubt the white male population has racial reasons for disliking Lebron because for his entire career in Cleveland it was the white guys that made him a household name. But I do know for a fact that the Black males in this country who do like Lebron do so primarily because of his race.

eagles_victory
06-12-2011, 07:07 PM
I think until the race part he made alot of sense Agreed it is what Ive been saying all along think about this. How much has this country embraced Josh Hamilton in the last few years (I love Josh favorite baseball player) and then think about how much hate Lebron gets...

eagles_victory
06-12-2011, 07:09 PM
I have a son at Fort Bragg and a son that goes to school in IRving. They have both told me that the ONLY people they have bound that likes the Heat are the mainly the brothas! I seriously doubt the white male population has racial reasons for disliking Lebron because for his entire career in Cleveland it was the white guys that made him a household name. But I do know for a fact that the Black males in this country who do like Lebron do so primarily because of his race. No he made himself a household name by being one of the best players in the world.

Farmersfan
06-12-2011, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
The part about Kidd and Stvenson made sense. People hate Lebron but love a wife beater. Even though Kidds wife was crazy and really really pushedhim from most accounts.

In the first place, who the hell said anybody LOVES Kidd or Stephenson? 90% of this country who is routing for the Mavs don't have a clue about the Mavs. They are routing AGAINST the Heat. If the Federal Prison system put together a team the nation would support it over the Heat.

eagles_victory
06-12-2011, 07:17 PM
In the first place, who the hell said anybody LOVES Kidd or Stephenson? 90% of this country who is routing for the Mavs don't have a clue about the Mavs. They are routing AGAINST the Heat. If the Federal Prison system put together a team the nation would support it over the Heat. Then America has big problems then lol.

Sweetwater Red
06-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Sounds like some Spike Lee crap.

Spike Lee is a racist and doesn't get called out for it because he is black.

Those same types caused Dave Chappellle to walk away from a huge contract offered by Comedy
Central.

They hated the way he potrayed blacks even though he made fun of all races and all walks of
life.

In an interview on the Biography channel he said he walked away because the pressure he was
getting from black leaders began to be too much.
Sad deal really. He could've really been successful.

Sorry for the rant. But, I hate Spike Lee.

Txbroadcaster
06-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

Those same types caused Dave Chappellle to walk away from a huge contract offered by Comedy
Central.

They hated the way he potrayed blacks even though he made fun of all races and all walks of
life.

In an interview on the Biography channel he said he walked away because the pressure he was

So red...u like Spike Lee? I was just curious:D

trojandad
06-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

Central.

life.

u couldnt be more right about chappelle, he was hit SO hard for his stuff but no harder than from the ones that should have been the most happy for him...that was ashamed, too, because his stuff was just the best.....reminded me of mel brooks and blazing saddles, only weekly.....equal opportunity abuser.....

Bearkat
06-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Since race is the reason that people dislike the heat, maybe this offseason their "decision" will be to sign more white players to combat all 2 of the MAVERICKS white guys. This article is a joke as well as the person who wrote it. Maybe the writer and the miami heat should get quanall x, or whatever his name is, to protest the series.

LIONS#1
06-12-2011, 11:19 PM
People don't like the Heat because..........They........tried.........to..... buy......a....Championship!! DUH!!
Didn't have anything to do with RACE!!! But hey...lets play the race card anyway...just for funzies!!!:D :o :D

eagles_victory
06-12-2011, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by LIONS#1
People don't like the Heat because..........They........tried.........to..... buy......a....Championship!! DUH!!
Didn't have anything to do with RACE!!! But hey...lets play the race card anyway...just for funzies!!!:D :o :D Dallas had a higher payrole.

bobcat4life
06-12-2011, 11:28 PM
Dallas had a higher payrole.
Dallas didnt have a big presentation with smoke and a runway to show off its players. Or proclaim that they would win 8 championships. Or crown themselves before the season started

turbostud
06-13-2011, 12:02 AM
The guy that wrote that article is Bill Plashke. You can see him on Around the Horn on ESPN. I think he is a permanent guy on the show, he is on their quite a bit.

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
Dallas didnt have a big presentation with smoke and a runway to show off its players. Or proclaim that they would win 8 championships. Or crown themselves before the season started

they would have if they had signed two of the stars..dont act like the players said hey lets have a huge press conference..that is marketing 101

turbostud
06-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Tomorrow's show should be great as there is writer from the Dallas Morning News on the show as well. Tim Cowlishaw is his name.

DDBooger
06-13-2011, 12:04 AM
they would have if they had signed two of the stars..dont act like the players said hey lets have a huge press conference..that is marketing 101 Precisely, it's entertainment. They sell tickets. I could certainly see the Mavs owner taking full advantage had they chose Dallas and Dallas fans defending the move (of acquiring the two players).

eagles_victory
06-13-2011, 12:05 AM
they would have if they had signed two of the stars..dont act like the players said hey lets have a huge press conference..that is marketing 101 Thank you someone finally gets it.

LIONS#1
06-13-2011, 12:16 AM
Could be that Folks don't like arrogant self absorbed over hyped pro athletes in general.......It has nothing to do with payroll and everything to do with CLASS and well the heat by doing what they did is well classless. The MEDIA has to take the blame (ABC?ESPOON) as far as all the hype about "The Heat" and Le Bron James goes. No real person HATES LebRon James!!! I know I don't and no one I know does!!! This kinda reminded me as well as fellow sport fans in my neighborHOOD of the USC is gonna kick Texas ass back in 05. Well EsPoon/ABC had egg on their face after that game and LMFAO they do NOW as well. They are a sad excuse for sports fans everywhere. All we heard during this series is why is LeBron James playing so poorly...:confused: :confused: The Heat...this...The Heat that.........Nothing but the heat!!! LMAO Now this POS sports writer from LA wants his place in the sun if you will and writes a (I am not getting noticed enough and I am a attention whore...so why don't I write a provocative POS instead of giving the Mavs props!! like everyone else)....yes....yes...that will get ME noticed....:nerd: !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FmwJipHdqpA

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 12:27 AM
Could be that Folks don't like arrogant self absorbed over hyped pro athletes in general.......It has nothing to do with payroll and everything to do with CLASS and well the heat by doing what they did is well classless. The MEDIA has to take the blame (ABC?ESPOON) as far as all the hype about "The Heat" and Le Bron James goes. No real person HATES LebRon James!!! I know I don't and no one I know does!!! This kinda reminded me as well as fellow sport fans in my neighborHOOD of the USC is gonna kick Texas ass back in 05. Well EsPoon/ABC had egg on their face after that game and LMFAO they do NOW as well. They are a sad excuse for sports fans everywhere. All we heard during this series is why is LeBron James playing so poorly...:confused: :confused: The Heat...this...The Heat that.........Nothing but the heat!!! LMAO Now this POS sports writer from LA wants his place in the sun if you will and writes a (I am not getting noticed enough and I am a attention whore...so why don't I write a provocative POS instead of giving the Mavs props!! like everyone else)....yes....yes...that will get ME noticed....:nerd: !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FmwJipHdqpA

I wanted the mavs to win because of dirk,...but I never felt the big 3 were to arrogant..in fact I think alot of their problems in this series is none of them would take over and say give me the ball I am going to win it.

Fact is..fans complain that players today only care about money and themself over their team...these 3 did the exact opposite and said we want to team up because titles are the most important thing...and then people trash them for that...I bet if they do end up winning 3 of the next 6 titles the fandom of Nba will change and will be like wow they cared more about the ring than personal glory

Emerson1
06-13-2011, 02:49 AM
they would have if they had signed two of the stars..dont act like the players said hey lets have a huge press conference..that is marketing 101
I hardly doubt they would have had a WWE type entrance and show had 1.5 other big superstars decided to sign with Dallas.

I never really doubted Dallas would win. LeBron is a child mentally. If he ever advances past the age of 18 mentally only then will he do something worth putting in the history books.

As far as race, if Dirk was black be would get a lot more credit then he does. So it goes both ways.

Blue42
06-13-2011, 04:06 AM
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read this. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Blue42
06-13-2011, 04:25 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Blue42
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read this. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. [/QUOTE
That being said to the writer of this article.

BEAST
06-13-2011, 08:43 AM
In a nutshell, I believe America loves the underdog. When I dont have a team of mine thats in the Championship game/series of any sport I usually find myself rooting for the underdog. I think that is the case here. I think America found an underdog it really liked.

BEAST

JJWalker
06-13-2011, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
In a nutshell, I believe America loves the underdog. When I dont have a team of mine thats in the Championship game/series of any sport I usually find myself rooting for the underdog. I think that is the case here. I think America found an underdog it really liked.

BEAST
If Americans loved underdogs, the would love the black man.

Maroon87
06-13-2011, 09:39 AM
The bottom line is, in this country if you praise someone who is white over someone who is black, or just don't like someone who is black because they're a jerk then obviously you are a racist.:hand:

Farmersfan
06-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by JJWalker

The fact that noone will touch this obviously moronic statement is proof of where we are at in this society.

Bullaholic
06-13-2011, 09:55 AM
IMO, there is no racism if there is no hatred intended. Many persons have lost their jobs or received undue criticism because they made a statement involving race which was not intended to express hatred, but rather a personal opinion, which sometimes may have been awkward, or because the individual was uninformed, and in some cases, just plain ignorant.

Old LB
06-13-2011, 10:02 AM
If you pay attention to young children you will notice they do not care about skin color. This is something that is taught, we are all Americans it should not be an issue.

trojandad
06-13-2011, 10:06 AM

its been proven in too many polls that america pulls for the underdog in huge, majority numbers....

so the first part of your statement is true.....

so assuming the second part of your statement is saying "america doesnt love the black man", why do you think that would be, from a country proven to love the underdog?

Saggy Aggie
06-13-2011, 10:46 AM
Agreed it is what Ive been saying all along think about this. How much has this country embraced Josh Hamilton in the last few years (I love Josh favorite baseball player) and then think about how much hate Lebron gets... That's because LeBron is a tool. And Hamilton isn't.

Farmersfan
06-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Old LB
If you pay attention to young children you will notice they do not care about skin color. This is something that is taught, we are all Americans it should not be an issue.

This is so far from the truth it isn't even funny. If you watch innocent children you will see that they naturally grasp at any difference to themselves when they get angry. Kids that get angry will call other kids names that represent that kid's physical differences. Fatty, 4 eyes, red head, tall, short, white, black, studdering, slobbering. It doesn't matter! It is human nature to attack the differences in a disagreement. But not only in humans. In nature all species have preferrences according to what "Fits in" and what doesn't. We made it wrong and unnatural. Nature didn't!

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 11:20 AM
This is so far from the truth it isn't even funny. If you watch innocent children you will see that they naturally grasp at any difference to themselves when they get angry. Kids that get angry will call other kids names that represent that kid's physical differences. Fatty, 4 eyes, red head, tall, short, white, black, studdering, slobbering. It doesn't matter! It is human nature to attack the differences in a disagreement. But not only in humans. In nature all species have preferrences according to what "Fits in" and what doesn't. We made it wrong and unnatural. Nature didn't!

FF he means YOUNG..like 2-3-4 year olds..and many studies have proven what he said..kids at that age dont see color of skin and decide I hate them

LIONS#1
06-13-2011, 11:45 AM
I wanted the mavs to win because of dirk,...but I never felt the big 3 were to arrogant..in fact I think alot of their problems in this series is none of them would take over and say give me the ball I am going to win it.

Fact is..fans complain that players today only care about money and themself over their team...these 3 did the exact opposite and said we want to team up because titles are the most important thing...and then people trash them for that...I bet if they do end up winning 3 of the next 6 titles the fandom of Nba will change and will be like wow they cared more about the ring than personal glory

I assume journalisticly you have to be more optimistic than the average fan. But this writers piece declaring Racism is way over the top. I wanted the Mavs to win because they Played the game the way it should be played...as a TEAM. Seeing Dirk and Kidd get the Championship along with all the other selfless players on the Mavs was just Icing on this Fat Boy's Cake!!:D
The "Big Three" did play tentative and that has a lot to do about chemistry and That comes with playing day in and day out with the same 5 or 6 guys.....NOT 3:rolleyes: The problem as I see it is between Wade and James...Two superstars on the same Team....(notice I emphasize TEAM) just don't work out to well. I would have to agree that in a year or two they might be able to peel off a double or a three peat. They also opened a door for other Teams to do the same thing...LOL. The caring about the ring more than personal glory is a stretch at best!!! Just look at the endorsement deals the "Big Three" have generated for themselves over their merger with the Heat!! They played like they had money riding on the Mavs...:-/ especially Lebron!! So they get NO sympathy from this Sports Fan LMAO I will never be a fan of the heat or any pre-Madonna driven organization that cherry picks superstars to be all on just one team. Oh and Lebron couldn't carry Jordan's Haynes Jockstrap!!:taunt:

Old LB
06-13-2011, 11:50 AM

These actions are taught by someone in a child's life, if you take a very young child that hasn't been taught to hate they do not care about race.

I am not going to discuss this all day, it is my opion that this is taught in our homes and in society. There are great Americans and bad Americans, but we are all Americans.

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 11:50 AM
I assume journalisticly you have to be more optimistic than the average fan. But this writers piece declaring Racism is way over the top. I wanted the Mavs to win because they Played the game the way it should be played...as a TEAM. Seeing Dirk and Kidd get the Championship along with all the other selfless players on the Mavs was just Icing on this Fat Boy's Cake!!:D
The "Big Three" did play tentative and that has a lot to do about chemistry and That comes with playing day in and day out with the same 5 or 6 guys.....NOT 3:rolleyes: The problem as I see it is between Wade and James...Two superstars on the same Team....(notice I emphasize TEAM) just don't work out to well. I would have to agree that in a year or two they might be able to peel off a double or a three peat. They also opened a door for other Teams to do the same thing...LOL. The caring about the ring more than personal glory is a stretch at best!!! Just look at the endorsement deals the "Big Three" have generated for themselves over their merger with the Heat!! They played like they had money riding on the Mavs...:-/ especially Lebron!! So they get NO sympathy from this Sports Fan LMAO I will never be a fan of the heat or any pre-Madonna driven organization that cherry picks superstars to be all on just one team. Oh and Lebron couldn't carry Jordan's Haynes Jockstrap!!:taunt:

I really have not seen their endorsments go up because of them teaming up..James was already all over the place..Wade has a solid package of commercials and I have yet to see Bosh in anything national.

I agree about the chemistry..that is why alot of people said this year would NOT be the year for the Heat to reach the finals but after that watch out

Your comment about the 2 superstars on a team IMO is wrong..in fact that was the knock agianst Dallas..having ONE all star would never work( Dallas is first team since the Rockets to win a final with one all star going up agianst three all stars)

The blue print was always said to be..have two studs and role players and you will win a title..That is what makes what Dallas did so amazing

BaseballUmp
06-13-2011, 11:55 AM

I agree about the chemistry..that is why alot of people said this year would NOT be the year for the Heat to reach the finals but after that watch out

They were 6/5 favorites to win it all this year

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
They were 6/5 favorites to win it all this year

I am talking about the NBA media, former players and so on.

Eagle 1
06-13-2011, 12:01 PM
L.A. Times columnist:

No further comments. :rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2011, 12:02 PM
This is a great article about what i meant about the blue print was multiple all stars to win

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2011/06/dallas-mavericks-championship-an-old-school-win-for-the-ages/

Option One: Accumulate at least two IF NOT THREE of the best players in the NBA, and surround those players with great coaching and good role players.
←Boston 每 1981, 1984, 1986, and 2008. For the first three, Bird, McHale, and Parish were leading the show. Obviously, the more recent Big Three accomplished it in 2008.
←LA Lakers 每 1980, 1985, 1987-1988, 1999-2002, 2008-2009. Magic, Kareem, and Worthy were part of the first five before Kobe took turns with Shaq and then Pau Gasol more recently.
←Chicago 每 1991-1993, 1996-1998. Michael, Scottie, and Phil. Enough said.
←Philadelphia 每 1983. The Fo-Fo-Fo Sixers were a juggernaut with Moses, Dr. J, Andrew Toney, and others.
←Detroit 每 1989-1990. Isiah and Joe Dumars ran the show as Dennis Rodman, Bill Laimbeer, and the Microwave perfectly filled their roles.
←San Antonio 每 1999, 2003, 2005, 2007. Duncan replaced David Robinson with Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli

Option Two: Have a transcendent star dominate a very weak year.
←Houston 每 1994-1995. The Dream Shake was in full force︵but Jordan was gone, and the league was flooded with lots of guys that were not yet in their prime yet.
←Miami 每 2006. Wade (and the officials) played one of the greatest Finals* of all time︵but there really weren*t any other good teams this year. Plus, the Heat also had Shaq, so they could technically fit into the previous group.

Cam
06-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
These actions are taught by someone in a child's life, if you take a very young child that hasn't been taught to hate they do not care about race.

I am not going to discuss this all day, it is my opion that this is taught in our homes and in society. There are great Americans and bad Americans, but we are all Americans.

I agree with Old LB....my kids could care less what color anyone is....

BaseballUmp
06-13-2011, 12:22 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_VSjdKAQpeMw/SY0NPXtf-MI/AAAAAAAAFG4/JVuaKsQz1Rw/s400/2uot06a.png

Clayton Bigsby didn't care. He also didn't know he was black though lol

JJWalker
06-14-2011, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
its been proven in too many polls that america pulls for the underdog in huge, majority numbers....

so the first part of your statement is true.....

so assuming the second part of your statement is saying "america doesnt love the black man", why do you think that would be, from a country proven to love the underdog?
My opinion is that America conditionally pulls for the underdog.

I think this was less of an underdog situation and more of a Star Wars type of situation.

Perceived Good Rebel Alliance vs. Perceived Evil Empire

Arrogance is perceived as evil and probably is evil. The Heat came off as arrogant to me ... but Jerry Jones comes off the same way. Anyone besides me love to pull against Mr. Jones?

It helped the Mavericks that Cuban laid low, or else the NBA might not have had the success that they did with this series. Because the NBA finals could have easily turned into one big apathy fest. Especially if Cuban had flashed his arrogant attitude during the finals.

Evil vs. Evil = Nobody tuning in to ABC or ESPN.

Don't forget that ABC and ESPN did a good spin job too! Making sure the public perceived ... dare I say it ... black and white.

However, to answer your question about why America doesn't love the black man is difficult to say ... I have my opinions on this, but they are way too hot for this site. I was just willing to go so far as to point out that America doesn't always pull for the underdog.

trojandad
06-14-2011, 08:03 AM
well put, and it was my reason for asking his response, because as you said, so many other dynamics were at work aside from "no love for the underdog black man".....when we had my sons black friend live with us for 2 yrs i got an education of some of his uninvited troubles but even he grew to admit so much more was going on in his world as a young black man....

and in 2006, nobody liked cuban's actions, and he is far from black or an underdog....he sure consulted someone this time....

no, america doesnt always pull for the underdog, but overwhelmingly they are proven to, but as you said well, other dynamics always come into play.....

Txbroadcaster
06-14-2011, 08:05 AM
My opinion is that America conditionally pulls for the underdog.

I think this was less of an underdog situation and more of a Star Wars type of situation.

Perceived Good Rebel Alliance vs. Perceived Evil Empire

Arrogance is perceived as evil and probably is evil. The Heat came off as arrogant to me ... but Jerry Jones comes off the same way. Anyone besides me love to pull against Mr. Jones?

It helped the Mavericks that Cuban laid low, or else the NBA might not have had the success that they did with this series. Because the NBA finals could have easily turned into one big apathy fest. Especially if Cuban had flashed his arrogant attitude during the finals.

Evil vs. Evil = Nobody tuning in to ABC or ESPN.

Don't forget that ABC and ESPN did a good spin job too! Making sure the public perceived ... dare I say it ... black and white.

However, to answer your question about why America doesn't love the black man is difficult to say ... I have my opinions on this, but they are way too hot for this site. I was just willing to go so far as to point out that America doesn't always pull for the underdog.

of course America does not always pull for underdog..just look at the NCAA ratings come tourney time..yes people like the first couple of round shockers..but at the end of the day fans want to see the Powers play not Iona state.

Same in NBA..fans would rather see clash of the titans like Celtics vs Lakers..all day

How do you mean black and white? Racially? or more cut and dried we know the roles the two teams are playing?

Also remember America loves the redemption story, and this series was just that for Dirk and I think that hooked some folks as well.

That is why as long as they dont say anything really dumb or get into trouble eventually the Heat will become the ones seeking redemption( especially of course James) and fans will fall back in line with them, especially if the tone of the team changes from as you said the percieved arrogance

STANG RED
06-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
The bottom line is, in this country if you praise someone who is white over someone who is black, or just don't like someone who is black because they're a jerk then obviously you are a racist.:hand:

Very true. But those who are so anxious to pull the race card at every convenience, have done more harm than good I believe. Now when I hear of someone being called a racist, my first reaction is to NOT believe it, unless I see evidence of it myself.

waterboy
06-14-2011, 12:15 PM
The part I don't understand is how is it racist if a white man doesn't like a black man, even if it has nothing to do with his skin color, yet when a black man doesn't like a white man for that very reason it is not racist. Talk about a double standard....