PDA

View Full Version : MLB, players talk realignment

SHSBulldog00
06-11-2011, 05:35 PM
The Silver Boot Series (Astros-Rangers) might become more important.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6651634

Roughneck93
06-11-2011, 06:19 PM
I would prefer the 'Stros and Rangers stay in opposite leagues. Still hoping that one day we see that all Texas World Series. Other than that, they can change it up all they want.

Saggy Aggie
06-11-2011, 08:15 PM
I like the idea or realignment... 15 and 15... and the 2 leagues and top 5 going to the playoffs. No. Divisions. But I'd prefer not to be in the AL. Send Milwaukee back because they screwed it up to begin with.

sahen
06-11-2011, 09:48 PM
i hope the astros stay in the national league...i hate the DH...

i agree with the aggie...send the brewers back, they are the ones that made it unbalanced to begin w/....but that'd mean Selig would have to force his old team to do something they don't want to do...doubt that happens...

i like the decision to make it two 15 team leagues though...i think its ridiculous to have one 16 and the other 14 while having a one 4 team division and another 6 team...just hope it isn't the astros that move leagues...

coach
06-11-2011, 11:55 PM
i hope the astros move to the al...those are some easy wins for the rangers

Saggy Aggie
06-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie

Let the hating begin.

Cue coach....

And yep... never fails...

Originally posted by coach
i hope the astros move to the al...those are some easy wins for the rangers

Too predictable.

coach
06-12-2011, 12:15 AM
Too predictable.

and that's the only reason why i said it lol

Saggy Aggie
06-12-2011, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by coach
and that's the only reason why i said it lol Figured. it's all good man. The Astros deserve some hating. lost 6/7 and are sole owners of the worst record in baseball.

But we'll be back one day!!

zebrablue2
06-12-2011, 08:15 AM
New owner for the stros will push for the move! Bringing in the Red Sox and Yanks will add lots of extra $$$!!!

Roughneck93
06-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
New owner for the stros will push for the move! Bringing in the Red Sox and Yanks will add lots of extra $$$!!!

Yep. This will be the biggest reason why they would move over to the AL. Throw in the rivalry that MLB wants between Houston and Texas too.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-12-2011, 10:22 AM
I wouldn't mind the change. Would be a chance to see different teams at Minute Maid Park for a change.

Though on the other hand, those Yankees and Red Sox fans can be some major douchebags. And I've yet to have any sort of run-in with any Cardinals fans. They're pretty classy

But yes, if the MLB WANTS there to be a "rivalry" with Houston and Texas (Dallas, as if there already isn't one now we hate each others' guts as it is) they'll do everything they can to get it.

SHSBulldog00
06-12-2011, 10:37 AM
I met a Bostonian last year at the Astros/Red Sox game in Houston. He owned a paint store if I remember correctly. We each had a good time making fun of each others accents. He said that he hated the old Yankee stadium cause the concourse was really dark. He was very impressed with Minute Maid, it was his first trip to Houston. He was cool, however some of the other Sox fans weren't.

I would like to see Houston in the AL. Then maybe they could get a hitter in their lineup.

crzyjournalist03
06-12-2011, 01:18 PM
I honestly don't know why baseball doesn't consider expansion by two team in the AL so you have two 16-team leagues. Then you go back to the old days of two divisions, East and West in each league, and have two wild cards.

The problem with going to 15-team leagues is that it would necessitate interleague games being played year-round.