PDA

View Full Version : Question for Aggie fans...

eagles_victory
06-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Do you have a problem with the Longhorn network? I have a lot of Aggies on facebook and twitter everytime a commercial comes on. I see something like that makes me sick. Or something along that nature. I just dont see what the big deal is? I understand not liking a school but do you have to hate everything?

BaseballUmp
06-11-2011, 02:22 PM
They will probably be ecstatic to know they just won the National Championship in both men and women's track for the 3rd year in a row

GetRDoneStangs
06-11-2011, 03:08 PM
No problem from this Aggie...if they can make money and promote the program...so be it.

When they say I can't disagree....then I have a problem!

Old Tiger
06-11-2011, 03:34 PM
speaking of longhorns they need to do some firing and hiring in certain sports that have underachieved. No reason for Texas not to be near the top of all sports.

Saggy Aggie
06-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Ive got no problem with it. They earned it. I am a bit jealous in the fact that I wish a&m had their own network... But if they keep improving in all sports it might happen someday.

As far as the network itself goes, you won't find me watching it but that's about as far as it goes. I'm not gonna bitch about it.

coach
06-11-2011, 05:04 PM
i wouldn't say i have a problem with it. i don't like texas so i don't like the network. it would be the same way if tig or mexia got a network. im not going to talk bad about bc im not in 6th grade anymore. and it's not thata i don't like it bc im jealous or anything, i just don't like it bc it's texas and i don't like texas so why would i like it. i do think it's pretty cool that they have their own network though

OldBison75
06-11-2011, 05:37 PM
I am a longhorn fan, but, the network program allows them to broadcast high school games too. This is a great recruiting tools that other schools in the conference do not have.

Besides that, they made a deal and we all can live with it.

coach
06-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I am a longhorn fan, but, the network program allows them to broadcast high school games too. This is a great recruiting tools that other schools in the conference do not have.

Besides that, they made a deal and we all can live with it.

This was addressed for Aggie fans only

navscanmaster
06-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by coach
This was addressed for Aggie fans only

He is also an Aggie fan, don't let him fool you. Lifelong fan of Texas, but his youngest is a soph at TAMU.:D

Me personally, I don't care if they have a network, but they should not be able to broadcast H.S. games or events, save maybe the Texas Relays. As if UT really needs a bigger recruiting advantage over the other schools in the state. As an Aggie fan, I would hope that those with more power than I would fight the HS programming that they want to put on BevoTV.

Old Tiger
06-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
Ive got no problem with it. They earned it. I am a bit jealous in the fact that I wish a&m had their own network... But if they keep improving in all sports it might happen someday.

As far as the network itself goes, you won't find me watching it but that's about as far as it goes. I'm not gonna bitch about it. I don't think A&M has the national fan base to warrant a network. no offense to the aggies.

Saggy Aggie
06-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
But if they keep improving in all sports it might happen someday.

Originally posted by Old Tiger
I don't think A&M has the national fan base to warrant a network. no offense to the aggies.

Maybe you didn't catch that part. :confused:

I wasn't talking about now.

Antec
06-11-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm a big Longhorn fan but we won't be able to catch the network where we live in Hungerford. All we have is DirecTV or a regular antenna to catch Houston stations

I can live with or without the network.

Rabid Cougar
06-11-2011, 11:31 PM
I don't think A&M has the national fan base to warrant a network. no offense to the aggies.

I strongly disagree with that statement. You cannot go anywhere in the world and not find an Aggie ring.
But on the other hand, I have seen at least two Afghans walking down the street with cow hat or t-shirt.

navscanmaster
06-12-2011, 01:45 AM

Do you travel? You'd be surprised what you see. I have seen A&M hats/shirts on Long Island, a few at Gettysburg some years back, and Shreveport, even in LSU country, I don't go a day without seeing somebody new with an A&M shirt on. Outside of Texas, the Longhorn and Aggie representation is surprisingly even.