PDA

View Full Version : So everytime I dropped my cell phone in a bowl of gravy

Gsquared
06-10-2011, 07:46 AM
or a urinal, I put it in rice like the article below says, but I always wonder how long you boiled it first. Note: dont put the rice and phone in a pot of water and boil it. Per below, you supposed to use dry rice :doh:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_technews/20110601/ts_yblog_technews/upgrade-your-life-wet-cell-phone-rescue

nobogey72
06-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
or a urinal, I put it in rice like the article below says, but I always wonder how long you boiled it first. Note: dont put the rice and phone in a pot of water and boil it. Per below, you supposed to use dry rice :doh:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_technews/20110601/ts_yblog_technews/upgrade-your-life-wet-cell-phone-rescue

I love gravy on my rice. We used to eat that all the time.

STANG RED
06-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I love gravy on my rice. We used to eat that all the time.

Doesnt gravey just make everything better! Never tried it on a cell phone though. Might get a little messy.

nobogey72
06-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Doesnt gravey just make everything better! Never tried it on a cell phone though. Might get a little messy.

Yeah, I always have thought that ketchup is better on a cell phone. Ice cream is good but very sticky.

RoyceTTU
06-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Bacon makes everything better. Plus it fits nice in the middle of a flip phone.

nobogey72
06-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU

I love bacon gravy. I had to teach my wife how to make it when we got married. I had to teach her to use a cell phone too. She already knew how to boil rice.

Gsquared
06-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Try introducing bacon to your love life. I did and at first she wasnt real receptive but a couple of times I snuck a slab of it in bed with me and when things got all hot and heavy it was way to late. She loves it now. Sometimes she takes the bacon in the bedroom and makes me sit in the living room until shes done.

bobcat4life
06-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared

I have heard this for a while now. My mom tried it on her phone a few months ago and it worked. I dont get how rice works though:confused: :confused:

RoyceTTU
06-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
I have heard this for a while now. My mom tried it on her phone a few months ago and it worked. I dont get how rice works though:confused: :confused:

Rice absorbs moisture quickly.

Under the same principal I could probably put a wet phone in my yard to whick the water out because god knows we havn't seen rain in a long while :doh:

My wife dropped her Iphone in the toilet while we were out one night. Comes walking up and hands it to me and says she dropped it in the toilet. I immediately toss it on the table, EWWW. She says, don't worry, I ran it under the faucet to wash it off :doh: :doh: