PDA

View Full Version : 3A Baseball final score

JustAFan
06-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Kennedale 4, Robstown 3

Great game by both teams. Top of the 7th Robstown scores a run to tie the game 3-3 and then the go ahead run gets thrown out on a fly ball to centerfield. Kennedale wins with a run in the bottom of the 7th. Congrats to Robstown for a great season. They had a lot of fans at the game (from the sound of it on the radio) and they were very supportive. Good luck to Kennedale tomorrow.

JustAFan
06-08-2011, 03:27 PM
and this post is just to finally get to 100 after 7 1/2 years! Now I get to vote in the polls again.

FB-fanatic
06-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Pleasant Grove 1 , Robinson Rockets 5

Go Rockets.

Sweetwater Red
06-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by FB-fanatic
Pleasant Grove 1 , Robinson Rockets 5

Go Rockets.

I hear Robinson is a machine. Hopefully Kennedale can pull it off and bring an SC to
Region I.

44 Magnum
06-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Robinson defeated the defending state champions, Pleasant Grove, 5-1 in the other state semi-final clash. Robinson received a gift of 4 Hawk errors in their 5-run fifth inning. Hollingsworth pitched exceptionally well for the Rockets. Robinson and Kennedale faced off in a warm-up game at the Baylor Ballpark and the Wildcats won that contest 4-2.

LionFan72
06-08-2011, 10:58 PM
Good Luck in the finals Kennedale, great win and only one more to go! Take state!

hookandladder
06-09-2011, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by 44 Magnum
Robinson defeated the defending state champions, Pleasant Grove, 5-1 in the other state semi-final clash. Robinson received a gift of 4 Hawk errors in their 5-run fifth inning. Hollingsworth pitched exceptionally well for the Rockets. Robinson and Kennedale faced off in a warm-up game at the Baylor Ballpark and the Wildcats won that contest 4-2.

La Grange did the same thing against Robinson last week, 3 unearned runs to lose 3 zip. Still got to score runs to win, Hollingsworth did not throw as well as last week but still good enough to win. Congrats to Robinson.

bleedgreen
06-09-2011, 06:40 AM
The 3A title game on Thursday, June 9 at 5:00 p.m. CT will be webcast live on FoxSportsSouthwest.com and FoxSportsHouston.com

Kennedale has recently taken home the state trophy in boys basketball and girls softball and the girls basketball team has been to the state final. The baseball teams have never won region until this year and now they have a chance to put a trophy in their display case. I've had the privilege to watch Wildcat sports since the early 70's. They only started playing baseball 15-20 years ago. I think Jet Teague is the only coach the baseball program has ever had. What an honor it would be for this team to add a state trophy to his leagacy. Thank you, Jet, for all the years of hard work you have put in. I hope the players dedicate this game to you.

Goodluck to the Kennedale Wildcats.

buff4ever
06-09-2011, 10:03 AM
I am pulling for Robinson, but they can't count on help 3 games in a row.

Sounds like this could be a heck of a game, I thought Robstown would be playing in it quite frankly.

Exparentnator
06-09-2011, 11:58 PM
I second what bleedgreen says I also want to add that the administration (check out the facilities) and the AD (Richard Barrett) has been nothing but supportive and thats the reason all the teams in Kennedale are good. Their is not many Athletic Directors especially in small schools that put "PROGRAM" first; football second, but he honestly does. I hear he believes that you cant totally hold coaches responsible for winning and losing when they are not in complete control of their programs on the coaching side of it. Every head coach gets to be with their teams all season even during football, no other teams that have football players who play other sports have to report to football lifting or anything related to football thats saying alot. Coach Teague is the man... he has worked very hard getting better each season. Not all know the things Teague has to deal with away from the baseball field; he trully deserves this title and earned it. Lastly you cant forget Coach Tranthum he is just as big a part in Kennedale baseball as anyone. They have been together for maaaannnny years; and always find way to succeed. Coach Earle (hitting coach) lets not forget hes a great baseball coach too!

Kennedale State Champions

Softball 1998, 2000 (runner-up 2004)
Girls Track 2004 (runner-up 2003)
Boys Powerlifting 2007, 2008
Boys Basketball 2008
Girls Basketball (runner-up) 2008
Baseball 2011

LionFan72
06-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Good Job!