View Full Version : What HS sport do you hate

MGAR
06-08-2011, 01:13 PM
and why?

nobogey72
06-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by MGAR
and why?

clothing optional badmitton!!!! I think it's degrading to women.

Old Tiger
06-08-2011, 01:26 PM
girls basketball because its boring watching bricks being shot

MGAR
06-08-2011, 01:29 PM
You are all weak for viewing this and not commenting.

I HATE soccer and powerlifting.

Soccer is a waste of electric bill when games are played at night..

Powerlifting is a joke.. Kids can do the same thing in off season. Coaches get paid to watch kids lift weights..

Old LB
06-08-2011, 01:39 PM
I do not really hate any of them, tennis would be my least favorite of all the sports though.

Phil C
06-08-2011, 01:39 PM
I like them all except for one and that is cheerleading and only when it involves dangerous routines. I have seen girls get injured in this and this put them out of other sports such as volleyball and other sports.

MGAR
06-08-2011, 01:46 PM
I forgot about tennis. That one is awful as well.

Saggy Aggie
06-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Golf

STANG RED
06-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Soccer. Why? Because it's SOCCER.
&
Hockey. Why? Because it's HOCKEY.

Gsquared
06-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Spools, I absolutly cant stand spools.

Matthew328
06-08-2011, 02:00 PM
girls basketball

Phil C
06-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Soccer. Why? Because it's SOCCER.
&
Hockey. Why? Because it's HOCKEY.

But specifically STANG do you have any reasons for hating Soccer? :(

jason
06-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I like them all except for one and that is cheerleading and only when it involves dangerous routines. I have seen girls get injured in this and this put them out of other sports such as volleyball and other sports. its a good thing cheerleading isn't a sport....

BILLYFRED0000
06-08-2011, 02:28 PM
I never have wasted my time with an emotion as strong as hate when it comes to sport. About the furthest I go is indifferent.

In that light I would be indifferent to Wrestling.

Phil C
06-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by jason
its a good thing cheerleading isn't a sport....

Be careful jason. The cheerleaders might get mad. :eek:

sTxforlife
06-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by MGAR
You are all weak for viewing this and not commenting.

I HATE soccer and powerlifting.

Soccer is a waste of electric bill when games are played at night..

Powerlifting is a joke.. Kids can do the same thing in off season. Coaches get paid to watch kids lift weights..

I agree soccer is a waste, but powerlifting?? You obviously have never participated in the sport. If you had you would know that it is not the same thing as what kids do in the offseason, it is much more technique than just regular lifting and coaches dont get paid very much more to coach the sport.

STANG RED
06-08-2011, 02:57 PM
But specifically STANG do you have any reasons for hating Soccer? :(

I recognize it as a great sport for kids to play, to stay in shape. Otherwise it bores me to tears. I just cant stand to watch it. Nothing about it excites me in the least.

GrTigers6
06-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Soccer, tennis, golf, are extremely fun to play but horrible to watch.
those would be my least favorites

trojandad
06-08-2011, 03:50 PM
ive never understood girls softball....only a very few teams act as if they are really competing.....its sort of like cheerleading except on a field, they seem to be tolerating the game and just waiting for the end so they can interlock little fingers and walk off hand in hand.....

yes, i have a 9 yr old daughter now, so im trying to understand whats happening, and FAST.......

lostaussie
06-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Underwater Basketweaving:D

MGAR
06-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by sTxforlife
I agree soccer is a waste, but powerlifting?? You obviously have never participated in the sport. If you had you would know that it is not the same thing as what kids do in the offseason, it is much more technique than just regular lifting and coaches dont get paid very much more to coach the sport.

Thanks for sharing that.

I still hate it..

ok ok maybe not hate.. cant stand? rather not? or hate..

Its on top of my list of clubs that schools need to cut during this budget crisis.

Bearkat
06-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Girls basketball is by far the worst sport.

zebrablue2
06-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Be careful jason. The cheerleaders might get mad. :eek:

what are they gonna do? hand stand on their head:evillol:

firstdown
06-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Girls softball. I hated it even
when my daughter played. (I still went and showed support)

LH_Tuff
06-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Debate. Why do they call it a team?

rancher
06-08-2011, 04:36 PM
SOCCER, NEEDS TO GO. I hate to see my tax money being wasted by those 5 fans in the stands, with lights burning. We need user fees for all EXTRA CIRCULAR ACTIVITIES. EXTRA MEANS NOT REQUIRED.

nobogey72
06-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by rancher
SOCCER, NEEDS TO GO. I hate to see my tax money being wasted by those 5 fans in the stands, with lights burning. We need user fees for all EXTRA CIRCULAR ACTIVITIES. EXTRA MEANS NOT REQUIRED.

Is your name Richard, but most people call you Dick? Or do they......nm

Antec
06-08-2011, 04:50 PM
As a former newspaper write-I only covered soccer for two season at Bay City Tribune for the first times.

At the Wharton paper for 25 years, I hated convering baseball games that didn't start until 7:30 p.m. or late and last 2-3 hours

Basketball games were not that bad unless I had to cover varsity boys and girls on the same night in 2A districts

I would only go to tennis to take wild art pictures.

I covered two softball teams that went to state (East Bernard and Wharton)

I covered 6 state championships for East Bernard.

Covering swim meets was boring as well-just taking pictures

Also covered state golf tournaments in Austin and went to tournaments during the season

Wish I could find another writer's job in the area

MGAR
06-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Antec
As a former newspaper write-I only covered soccer for two season at Bay City Tribune for the first times.

At the Wharton paper for 25 years, I hated convering baseball games that didn't start until 7:30 p.m. or late and last 2-3 hours

Basketball games were not that bad unless I had to cover varsity boys and girls on the same night in 2A districts

I would only go to tennis to take wild art pictures.

I covered two softball teams that went to state (East Bernard and Wharton)

I covered 6 state championships for East Bernard.

Covering swim meets was boring as well-just taking pictures

Also covered state golf tournaments in Austin and went to tournaments during the season

Wish I could find another writer's job in the area

I cover myself up when I go to bed..

You got me beat.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-08-2011, 05:22 PM
I hate football........but only when it's two teams that run "The Spread" offense.

I want some freaking SMASHMOUTH 3-4 YARDS AND A CLOUD OF DUST FOOTBALL, not basketball on grass.

maestro
06-08-2011, 05:34 PM
baseball scrimmages are pretty brutal.

endless.

eagles_victory
06-08-2011, 05:52 PM
I use to hate girls basketball until I saw Abilene Wylie play... lol jk nah I have always enjoyed girls basketball if the teams are good if it two horrible teams then yea it is brutal.

For me at the hs level: Baseball is bad to watch Like someone said about softball half the time its like the team out there is just fielding a team just to do it they are awful and don't really seem to care plus the games are endless.

big daddy russ
06-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Football.

It's our consolation prize for summer being over.

injuredinmelee
06-09-2011, 07:45 AM
I like them all except for one and that is cheerleading and only when it involves dangerous routines. I have seen girls get injured in this and this put them out of other sports such as volleyball and other sports.

He said sport...

Anyhting with the word Girls in front of it.

T-Time
06-09-2011, 08:28 AM
soccer and any form of basketball.

bobcat1
06-09-2011, 10:06 AM
I don't hate any of them. Probably like girls shotput least. :1omg!:

Pendragon13
06-09-2011, 10:57 AM
I don't really hate any specific sport but..

Soccer- I never played and don't really understand everything I'm watching.

Track- I was forced to participate (not really but it was strongly implied that football players really should run track) and my memories are of getting up very early on Saturday morning and lounging around all day waiting for my event.

greendawg84
06-09-2011, 03:37 PM
7th grade c team basketball , male or female

Roughneck93
06-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Never really thought about it. But I have never been or had the desire to attend a HS golf tourney. So I guess that would be my answer.