PDA

View Full Version : Mavs Vs Heat After 4 games

Txbroadcaster
06-08-2011, 06:56 AM
Series is tied

Heat averaging 89 a game..Mavs 88

Margin of victory combined in the four games is a total of 15 points..2nd closest after 4 games in history of NBA finals

Dirk in 3 games has scored 44 points in the 4 Q alone.including two shots under 15 seconds

Wade is averaging 29 points a game

I think this series is as close as one can be after 4 games...I do think we will see ONE game where either both teams or one of them finally find their shot and put up some points.

Farmersfan
06-08-2011, 07:56 AM
I will certainly admit that the best way for the Mavs to make a huge comeback and win is for Farmersfan to start panicing and calling them out! What a great performance in the last minutes of that game. Still they missed so many wide open shots in the closing minutes that would have iced the game but fortunately it turned out ok.
I could not get to sleep until after 1:00am due to my mind racing like crazy over this game. The defense the Mavs have played in the closing minutes of game #2 and #4 is second to none. Why do you suppose the Mavs D can be so Hot & Cold? The 1st quarter last night was the worst defense I have ever seen from a NBA team and yet they are capable of so much more. I say it's intensity/effort but what do you say is the reason?

And do you think J. Kidd is about out of gas? He played pretty tough D last night but was a no-show on Offense. 0 points, 3 assits, and 4 turnovers. Very Un-Kidd like.

Txbroadcaster
06-08-2011, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I will certainly admit that the best way for the Mavs to make a huge comeback and win is for Farmersfan to start panicing and calling them out! What a great performance in the last minutes of that game. Still they missed so many wide open shots in the closing minutes that would have iced the game but fortunately it turned out ok.
I could not get to sleep until after 1:00am due to my mind racing like crazy over this game. The defense the Mavs have played in the closing minutes of game #2 and #4 is second to none. Why do you suppose the Mavs D can be so Hot & Cold? The 1st quarter last night was the worst defense I have ever seen from a NBA team and yet they are capable of so much more. I say it's intensity/effort but what do you say is the reason?

And do you think J. Kidd is about out of gas? He played pretty tough D last night but was a no-show on Offense. 0 points, 3 assits, and 4 turnovers. Very Un-Kidd like.

ok..so first Q last night they held the Heat to 21 points and 29% shooting..how is that the worst D you have ever seen? Yes they gave up a bunch of offensive rebounds in that Q, but IMO they were playing great D in the First Q they just were not blocking out well, they fixed that

And I really dont think the Mavs have been any more hot and cold on D than the Heat..they are holding the Heat to under 90 points in this series.

Kidd is not a walk up PG and this series has been just that. Dallas has to get on the run more

icu812
06-08-2011, 09:17 AM
The Dallas coaching staff deserves some major credit for making good adjustments offensively, using zone d at critical times then going back man so the Heat never get comfortable against it and for not being scared of varying their rotations. The Mavs obviously have an advantage when it comes to coaching.

Give the players credit for showing great determination and poise even when they are struggling shooting the ball. Heat fans should be a little nervious knowing Dallas has shown this playoffs they are fully capable of putting together 2 great shooting games. I think they are due.

D Wade is amazing. Lots of pressure on him to carry the team on his back when LBJ is struggling and the guy seems to be everywhere on the court.

Macarthur
06-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by icu812
The Dallas coaching staff deserves some major credit for making good adjustments offensively, using zone d at critical times then going back man so the Heat never get comfortable against it and for not being scared of varying their rotations. The Mavs obviously have an advantage when it comes to coaching.

Give the players credit for showing great determination and poise even when they are struggling shooting the ball. Heat fans should be a little nervious knowing Dallas has shown this playoffs they are fully capable of putting together 2 great shooting games. I think they are due.

D Wade is amazing. Lots of pressure on him to carry the team on his back when LBJ is struggling and the guy seems to be everywhere on the court.

Yes! Not enough people are talking about the coaching in this series. Spoelstra is getting schooled, big time.

Farmer, I think what you see from the Mavs defense is that they pick and choose points in the game to tighten up the defense. They are simply too old to play balls out defense for 48 minutes. So I think they try to get by sometimes with coasting. I think that's why they have points where they get down by 7 or 10 points and have to claw back. I just think their age doesn't allow them to do it the whole game. But man in crunch time they are playing some hellacious defense.

Txbroadcaster
06-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Yes! Not enough people are talking about the coaching in this series. Spoelstra is getting schooled, big time.

Farmer, I think what you see from the Mavs defense is that they pick and choose points in the game to tighten up the defense. They are simply too old to play balls out defense for 48 minutes. So I think they try to get by sometimes with coasting. I think that's why they have points where they get down by 7 or 10 points and have to claw back. I just think their age doesn't allow them to do it the whole game. But man in crunch time they are playing some hellacious defense.

I think you can also make a case that alot of the Heat runs are fueled by TO's on offense and alot of easy breakaway dunks..When the Heat are having to play half court offense they are not scoring

Farmersfan
06-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
ok..so first Q last night they held the Heat to 21 points and 29% shooting..how is that the worst D you have ever seen? Yes they gave up a bunch of offensive rebounds in that Q, but IMO they were playing great D in the First Q they just were not blocking out well, they fixed that

And I really dont think the Mavs have been any more hot and cold on D than the Heat..they are holding the Heat to under 90 points in this series.

Kidd is not a walk up PG and this series has been just that. Dallas has to get on the run more

"they gave up a bunch of offensive rebounds in that Q, but IMO they were playing great D"seems like a complete oxymoron to me TXB. Cleaning up the boards is about 50% of defense so how can a team be poor at half their defense and still be playing "Great D"? With all the missed shots by the Heat the Mavs should have had at least a 10 point lead at the end of the 1st.
Anyway it is great they managed to tie the series. How do you see the next game going? I might be completely wrong but it appears to me that the Mavs are getting better as time goes by in this series and the Heat are losing momentum. At first it appeared the series was the Heat's to lose and it was just a big Mavs dogpile but now it seems that if the Mavs will simply play their game the Heat can't beat them. They still have the big 3 weapons but I'm wondering how long D. Wade can continue to play out of this world like he has. Those circus shots can't keep falling can they? What do you think?

Farmersfan
06-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur

Great explaination! I can live with that.

Macarthur
06-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I think you can also make a case that alot of the Heat runs are fueled by TO's on offense and alot of easy breakaway dunks..When the Heat are having to play half court offense they are not scoring

Agreed.

Txbroadcaster
06-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
"they gave up a bunch of offensive rebounds in that Q, but IMO they were playing great D"seems like a complete oxymoron to me TXB. Cleaning up the boards is about 50% of defense so how can a team be poor at half their defense and still be playing "Great D"? With all the missed shots by the Heat the Mavs should have had at least a 10 point lead at the end of the 1st.
Anyway it is great they managed to tie the series. How do you see the next game going? I might be completely wrong but it appears to me that the Mavs are getting better as time goes by in this series and the Heat are losing momentum. At first it appeared the series was the Heat's to lose and it was just a big Mavs dogpile but now it seems that if the Mavs will simply play their game the Heat can't beat them. They still have the big 3 weapons but I'm wondering how long D. Wade can continue to play out of this world like he has. Those circus shots can't keep falling can they? What do you think?

you hold a team to 21 points and 29% shooting that is great D period

As far as next game..this series has been so back and forth..after Game 1 everyone thought the Heat was in control..then the comeback in game 2 and coming home it seemed the Mavs were etc, etc

both are these teams are so close that I think each game here on out is another dogfight...I do think we will have one game where points are scored, just not sure if both teams will be scoring or it will be the one blow out of the series