PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me....

big daddy russ
06-07-2011, 01:18 PM
...or is Washington loading up?

The Nationals already have two good, young Zimmermans. On top of that, in the past few drafts they've landed Drew Storen (already their closer), Stephen Strasburg, Bryce Harper, and this year Anthony Rendon fell to them.

I'm told by the people that watch college baseball for their paychecks that I should like Rendon.

Now they nab Kentucky righty Alex Meyer at the bottom of the first round and TCU lefty Matt Purke in the third.

I'm told by the guy that sits on my couch and watches baseball casually that I should like Purke. That kid is crazy good.

I know, Strasburg has to overcome this injury. But a Strasburg at 75% is still a Strasburg.

Anyone else keeping up with the draft and/or what the Nats or doing?

BaseballUmp
06-07-2011, 01:21 PM
They really are stockpiling a ton of good young talent.

Either they build them all up and throw them in there, or make a few deals for proven players.

Either way, they are doing nothing but good for themselves

SWMustang
06-07-2011, 01:23 PM
reminds me of the astros in the glory years. They drafted a lot of pitching and were deep in the farm system with arms.

MGAR
06-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Speaking of Harper.. Any of yall see him when he blew a kiss to pitcher after he hit home run in game they loss?

This happened after he stayed in batters box until ball left park.

He is/will be pretty good.

big daddy russ
06-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by MGAR
Speaking of Harper.. Any of yall see him when he blew a kiss to pitcher after he hit home run in game they loss?

This happened after he stayed in batters box until ball left park.

He is/will be pretty good.
Didn't see it, but doesn't surprise me. He went to college two years early because nobody in high school challenged him, blew away college talent for a couple of years, and now he's doing the same to MLB draft picks. And he hasn't even turned 19 yet.

How about a top of the order that looks something like this?

1. Danny Espinosa
2. Jayson Werth
3. Bryce Harper
4. Ryan Zimmerman
5. Anthony Rendon

EDIT: Forgot all about Espinosa. Had to throw him in there.

Two through five can rake. One and two can run. One through four can get on base, and number five may do all the above, we just don't know enough about Rendon yet. Supposed to be the best offensive player in this draft.

zebrablue2
06-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
reminds me of the astros in the glory years. They drafted a lot of pitching and were deep in the farm system with arms.

Randy Johnson deal changed all that!