PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Baptist University Baseball

Buckeye1980
06-07-2011, 12:10 PM
You gotta feel good for the DBU Patriot babseball team advancing to Super Regional against Cal

would be great story of they made CWS along with the Longhorns, and I guess even the aggies

Phil C
06-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Buckeye1980, I admire the Baptist Church.

Daddy D 11
06-07-2011, 12:31 PM
baylor had a cakewalk of a path to omaha and pissed it down the drain in the 9th last night, pathetic

Daddy D 11
06-07-2011, 12:32 PM
but yes, i would LOVE if DBU makes it to omaha

coach
06-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
You gotta feel good for the DBU Patriot babseball team advancing to Super Regional against Cal

would be great story of they made CWS along with the Longhorns, and I guess even the aggies

if the ags beat arizona today i don't see them beating florida st

Phil C
06-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
baylor had a cakewalk of a path to omaha and pissed it down the drain in the 9th last night, pathetic

:(

Daddy D 11
06-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by coach
if the ags beat arizona today i don't see them beating florida st

that rain out or whatever yesterday really really helped the aggies. if they had to play yesterday they were gonna be real short on arms, but today they'll have Wacha then Stripling, so you gotta like their chances with those studs on the bump

and florida state is known to flop man, ags could do it, i think it's a toss up.. stilson going down definitely evens up that possible super regional

i would LOVE to see DBU, Texas, and A&M all in Omaha.. maybe then people would fully realize that texas baseball is supreme

sahen
06-07-2011, 12:52 PM

gotta love Steve Smith...seems like he is the poster child for coaching choke jobs...maybe this will be the final nail in the coffin for him but i doubt it...a lot of baylor alums want the DBU coach...

Daddy D 11
06-07-2011, 12:57 PM
were you watching too? varrett obviously didn't have it.. why did steve just let him burn out there?

and what the hell is up with the batting order dramatically changing each and every game?

i do however have to give him props for FINALLY moving Brooks to the starter role, he kicked ass. with those three pitchers they should've easily gotten to omaha

sahen
06-07-2011, 01:12 PM
were you watching too? varrett obviously didn't have it.. why did steve just let him burn out there?

and what the hell is up with the batting order dramatically changing each and every game?

i do however have to give him props for FINALLY moving Brooks to the starter role, he kicked ass. with those three pitchers they should've easily gotten to omaha

Varrett would have been fine if we didn't botch the plays behind him in the 9th...i wasn't watching cause my internet died last night but i was keeping up on my phone...when you boot a couple balls and botch a rundown in the same inning then your asking for trouble...

Smith's teams since the CWS year have all had issues hitting the ball, their offense disappears and will show up for the occasional big inning....the guy makes a living out of doing just enough to get us to regionals and giving everyone the hope that this will be the year and then has a massive choke job...someone on the baylor message board compiled a list and came up with 22 since '98 and all but 2 of them were post season choke jobs, no telling the amount in the regular season...

Smith has had some fantastic years but ever since they changed the scholarship rules for baseball his teams are getting less and less competitive...that isn't all his fault but when your best finish in 6 seasons was 5th this year in conference then its time to move on and find someone else, esp considering the money Baylor has thrown into the baseball program with their stadium and all...

navscanmaster
06-07-2011, 01:26 PM
that rain out or whatever yesterday really really helped the aggies. if they had to play yesterday they were gonna be real short on arms, but today they'll have Wacha then Stripling, so you gotta like their chances with those studs on the bump

and florida state is known to flop man, ags could do it, i think it's a toss up.. stilson going down definitely evens up that possible super regional

i would LOVE to see DBU, Texas, and A&M all in Omaha.. maybe then people would fully realize that texas baseball is supreme

0-0 middle of the 5th today. That rainout didn't really play in the Ags favor. They were gonna run out a weekday guy with a 8+ ERA last night against Parrent and a relatively fresh bullpen, Fleece included. Would have heavily been in the Ags favor if played last night. Instead, it is Wacha vs. their ace Heyer.

Daddy D 11
06-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
0-0 middle of the 5th today. That rainout didn't really play in the Ags favor. They were gonna run out a weekday guy with a 8+ ERA last night against Parrent and a relatively fresh bullpen, Fleece included. Would have heavily been in the Ags favor if played last night. Instead, it is Wacha vs. their ace Heyer.

wacha and stripling wouldn't have been able to go yesterday. the day off helped them tremendously. i'd much rather go to the park knowing i only need 3-4 runs to win a game then hope and pray my half depleted bullpen can hold the other team to 5-6 while we hope that we score 7-8

it was talked about last night with some baseball america scouts and they too said its big time advantage TAMU with the day off because of the limited pen the Ags had going yesterday

neck_06
06-07-2011, 03:01 PM

I think DBU takes Baylor in a 3 game set....still Baylor. Lol

Daddy D 11
06-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by neck_06

idk, when they added Pinkard to the rotation that's a pretty decent 1-2-3. Nothing like what TAMU had before Stilson went down, but still a salty enough 3 that i think they could've taken DBU

Daddy D 11
06-07-2011, 03:12 PM
were you at the game today necks?

you like their chances in Tallahassee?

sahen
06-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by neck_06

we already beat them earlier this year, but i guess in baseball that doesn't matter much...however, it would have been in waco which makes me think we would have had the advantage...oh well doesn't matter now anyway...

sahen
06-07-2011, 04:49 PM
idk, when they added Pinkard to the rotation that's a pretty decent 1-2-3. Nothing like what TAMU had before Stilson went down, but still a salty enough 3 that i think they could've taken DBU

Verret and Pinkard both got drafted today...looks like we will lose 2 of our 3...

Daddy D 11
06-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by sahen
Verret and Pinkard both got drafted today...looks like we will lose 2 of our 3...

yeah i knew we'd lose them anyways

im curious as to why trae davis didn't get much time down the stretch? he was lights out first half of the year, maybe injury?

i would assume that Gardner picks up one of the weekend positions, with maybe newman getting the sunday gig?? idk

i'd like to see us with two lefties that can throw strikes in the weekend rotation

alot of offense will be coming back, so i guess that's good