PDA

View Full Version : Boot camp/Fit camp

ccmom
06-07-2011, 09:49 AM
These seem to be the new fitness fad. I actually started going to a 5am fit camp a couple of months ago, and I really enjoy it! Let me take that back, there are many mornings when I don't AT ALL enjoy the actual torture of the workout, but I do love how it makes me feel afterward. I've been surprising myself at how much stronger I have become and how my endurance has increased.

Does anybody else have any experience with these type of boot camp workouts?

nobogey72
06-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
These seem to be the new fitness fad. I actually started going to a 5am fit camp a couple of months ago, and I really enjoy it! Let me take that back, there are many mornings when I don't AT ALL enjoy the actual torture of the workout, but I do love how it makes me feel afterward. I've been surprising myself at how much stronger I have become and how my endurance has increased.

Uh....NO! I don't.

ccmom
06-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Uh....NO! I don't. Haha....it's a little more intense than swinging a club, running your mouth and lifting drinks to your mouth. :p

nobogey72
06-07-2011, 10:14 AM
Haha....it's a little more intense than swinging a club, running your mouth and lifting drinks to your mouth. :p

Thus my answer.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: BTW--YOU try running your mouth and drinking at the same time, it's not as easy as I make it appear.

ccmom
06-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Thus my answer.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: BTW--YOU try running your mouth and drinking at the same time, it's not as easy as I make it appear.

Come on now...you know me better than that! :rolleyes: I might not be able to walk and chew gum at the same time, but I can incorporate running my mouth into most anything!! :D

Txbroadcaster
06-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Haha....it's a little more intense than swinging a club, running your mouth and lifting drinks to your mouth. :p

I read that first as swinging at a club LOL

ccmom
06-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I read that first as swinging at a club LOL

I'm hoping he finally gave that up...:dispntd:

SWMustang
06-07-2011, 10:32 AM

I've been going to a crossfit bootcamp gym for the last 3 months. The stamina is the first thing I noticed getting better. I've lost 20 pounds since I started and I could have lost more but for a week long vacation where I put the dieting on hold. Anyway, I feel great and I'm glad I started up.

ccmom
06-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I've been going to a crossfit bootcamp gym for the last 3 months. The stamina is the first thing I noticed getting better. I've lost 20 pounds since I started and I could have lost more but for a week long vacation where I put the dieting on hold. Anyway, I feel great and I'm glad I started up.

Good for you!! We do some pretty extreme workouts and some days I feel like I want to die before it's over, but I never regret going once I am finished and I love how much better I feel! I honestly wish I had done this years ago.

SWMustang
06-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Good for you!! We do some pretty extreme workouts and some days I feel like I want to die before it's over, but I never regret going once I am finished and I love how much better I feel! I honestly wish I had done this years ago.

It really makes me think twice about what I eat knowing how much effort it takes to burn off calories.

Old LB
06-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
It really makes me think twice about what I eat knowing how much effort it takes to burn off calories.

I have spent a lot of time over the years in the gym and physical fitness is sort of a pet peave of mine. About 4 years ago I cut my left leg and arm severing muscle, nerves, tendons, ect. I could not workout for a while and let myself gain 10 or 15 extra. I have since started back at the gym and feel a lot better but I discovered for the first time how important your diet is. Excellent physical condition in later years is a life style more than a new workout program.

GrTigers6
06-07-2011, 11:23 AM
I started Insanity in february and have since upgraded to Asylum. I have lost 20 lbs and several inches in my waist, to the point I need new clothes.
The best thing about it is I can do it at home. When I started working out I could barely do 10 pushups and now Im doing side pushups, tricep pushups, one arm one leg push ups. Its amazing what I have been able to do and how I feel at the end of my work day now compared to before I started.

ccmom
06-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
I started Insanity in february and have since upgraded to Asylum. I have lost 20 lbs and several inches in my waist, to the point I need new clothes.
The best thing about it is I can do it at home. When I started working out I could barely do 10 pushups and now Im doing side pushups, tricep pushups, one arm one leg push ups. Its amazing what I have been able to do and how I feel at the end of my work day now compared to before I started.

That's awesome!! :clap: :clap:

The opposite scenario works best for me. It is difficult for me to find uninterrupted time at home, and if I do it's at midnight and I'm not motivated at that hour. Getting up at 4:30am and working out with others who are motivated does the trick for me. Whatever works!! :)

GrTigers6
06-07-2011, 02:59 PM
That's awesome!! :clap: :clap:

The opposite scenario works best for me. It is difficult for me to find uninterrupted time at home, and if I do it's at midnight and I'm not motivated at that hour. Getting up at 4:30am and working out with others who are motivated does the trick for me. Whatever works!! :) Well during the school year I would work out at 5am, Before son was up, But now during summer hours I had to move it to 4am, Which is a lot harder to be motivated for:D
But i am still doing it ( somehow) :)

Gsquared
06-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Who needs stinkin boot camp when you got a whole collection of thse on VHS

http://www.collagevideo.com/images/videos/9331m.jpg

MGAR
06-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Who needs stinkin boot camp when you got a whole collection of thse on VHS

http://www.collagevideo.com/images/videos/9331m.jpg

That would make a suuuweeeet 7on7 uniform.

Gsquared
06-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by MGAR
That would make a suuuweeeet 7on7 uniform.
Hells yeah it would. I bet thats what Corpus Chr. Ray wears. The shorts atleast

Gsquared
06-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Hells yeah it would. I bet thats what Corpus Chr. Ray wears. The shorts atleast
http://media.caller.com/ccct/content/img/photos/2007/10/05/1006_SPO_hsfootball_Ray_05_t600.JPG

LH Panther Mom
06-07-2011, 07:10 PM
I do! I just started my 13th week of boot camp (2x/week) and yoga (2x/week). They're an hour long each, during lunch, and boot camp is outside.

bobcat1
06-07-2011, 07:35 PM
I've been working hard on my 16 oz. curls. Does that count?;)

TheDOCTORdre
06-07-2011, 07:38 PM
I've put on a couple of pounds since my wife got pregnant...she isn't supportive of me finding another workout partner:(

ccmom
06-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I do! I just started my 13th week of boot camp (2x/week) and yoga (2x/week). They're an hour long each, during lunch, and boot camp is outside. That's great, Debi!! I'm on week 5...4x/week at 5am. Some of the workouts are brutal but I really love how I am feeling!!

ccmom
06-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I've been working hard on my 16 oz. curls. Does that count?;) I was on that program for quite some time, only I'm not sure how much a full wine glass weighs. :thinking:

SintonFan
06-07-2011, 11:50 PM
http://media.caller.com/ccct/content/img/photos/2007/10/05/1006_SPO_hsfootball_Ray_05_t600.JPG

:eek: :eek:

ya cut me deep g2!:( imma thinking that richard's got much more uncontrolled skid lines inside his shorts!:nerd: :doh: