PDA

View Full Version : Wade and LeBron...

big daddy russ
06-06-2011, 10:52 PM
...need to decide who is the leader of this team. From what I've been reading, they won't do anything as teammates until they figure this out.

coach
06-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
...need to decide who is the leader of this team. From what I've been reading, they won't do anything as teammates until they figure this out.

where did you read this? Is their some turmoil?

Ernest T Bass
06-06-2011, 11:04 PM
They got to the finals.

Daddy D 11
06-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by coach

there*

eagles_victory
06-06-2011, 11:06 PM
I think this is tounge and cheek lol

coach
06-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
there*

wow, thanks...i always try to use there, their, and they're correctly... i have been drinking thunderbird with my roommate so please excuse me lol

big daddy russ
06-06-2011, 11:20 PM
...don't think there is as of right now, but there sure are a lot of questions swirling around this topic.

If there isn't any yet, there will be before the Finals are over.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=LeBron-110606

Daddy D 11
06-06-2011, 11:39 PM
wow, thanks...i always try to use there, their, and they're correctly... i have been drinking thunderbird with my roommate so please excuse me lol

good ol thunderbird lol you are excused sir

big daddy russ
06-07-2011, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I think this is tounge and cheek lol
Solid journalism in the year 2011: finding a story where there isn't one, asking questions until it turns into a story, then taking credit for breaking said story.

Txbroadcaster
06-07-2011, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Solid journalism in the year 2011: finding a story where there isn't one, asking questions until it turns into a story, then taking credit for breaking said story.

yep...we are in a phase of sports-tabloid reporting..same thing with posting a reporter at a team facility and then saying team sources, or an unnamed insider said so and so about player A..nothing has to be verified and it is taken as the gospel truth

Farmersfan
06-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Hopefully the media will tire of touting the greatness of the Heat. Can't turn on the radio, TV or computer without seeing a major Miami Heat Suck-fest. I wonder if these moron even know that this 3 game series so far has been seperated by only 8 total points?(all in game 1). Chris Bosh hits a game winning 20' shot in game 3 after doing NOTHING the other 2 games and now he is suddenly the "3rd go-to guy" on a already amazing team. I originally wanted the Mavs to win this thing because the Mavs are my team but screw that, I want the Mavs to win just so the entire world media will look like morons.
:D :D

Farmersfan
06-07-2011, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
yep...we are in a phase of sports-tabloid reporting..same thing with posting a reporter at a team facility and then saying team sources, or an unnamed insider said so and so about player A..nothing has to be verified and it is taken as the gospel truth

Is this a change from how it has always been done or are there about a trillion more reporters trying to scope the others? I seem to remember some pretty sensationalistic (is this a word) stories that were put out in print a long, long time ago. Didn't Orson Wells perpetrate a huge media hoax in the 30,s on the radio?

Txbroadcaster
06-07-2011, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Is this a change from how it has always been done or are there about a trillion more reporters trying to scope the others? I seem to remember some pretty sensationalistic (is this a word) stories that were put out in print a long, long time ago. Didn't Orson Wells perpetrate a huge media hoax in the 30,s on the radio?

It is a change and it is not as well lol...Players were protected more by reporters in the day( Mickey Mantle being the most protected)...but only if they were liked..if a player was deemed not worthy( Rofer MAris) then your right the reporters would do the same thing..but now Sports media dive into EVERYTHING..personal like who they are dating, did they cheat on their wife and so on..that is where IMO the difference is..ESPN knows it has the male demographic..now they want the female, and they do that by talking about STUPID things like when Romo was dating Simpson..or AROD and whoever he is with at the moment and so on

waterboy
06-07-2011, 07:53 AM
Hopefully the media will tire of touting the greatness of the Heat. Can't turn on the radio, TV or computer without seeing a major Miami Heat Suck-fest. I wonder if these moron even know that this 3 game series so far has been seperated by only 8 total points?(all in game 1). Chris Bosh hits a game winning 20' shot in game 3 after doing NOTHING the other 2 games and now he is suddenly the "3rd go-to guy" on a already amazing team. I originally wanted the Mavs to win this thing because the Mavs are my team but screw that, I want the Mavs to win just so the entire world media will look like morons.
:D :D
:clap: :clap: :clap: Amen!:D

Farmersfan
06-07-2011, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
:clap: :clap: :clap: Amen!:D

Ain't it great being vintictive? :D :D

waterboy
06-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Ain't it great being vintictive? :D :D
Hey, I'm tired of the media "suckfest", too. The commentators REALLY suck in this series, too. Their focus is almost completely on how "great" the Heat players are. I would absolutely LOVE for the Mavericks to put a sock in their mouths.........a sweaty, stinking, bitter sock for that matter......:D

Farmersfan
06-07-2011, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Hey, I'm tired of the media "suckfest", too. The commentators REALLY suck in this series, too. Their focus is almost completely on how "great" the Heat players are. I would absolutely LOVE for the Mavericks to put a sock in their mouths.........a sweaty, stinking, bitter sock for that matter......:D

Yea! One of those stiff hidden under the bed of a teenage boy socks!!!! :eek: :eek: