PDA

View Full Version : Dirk says we need Terry to step up

eagles_victory
06-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Dirk talks about needing the Jet to be clutch in press conference today. About time someone calls out the Jet.

Emerson1
06-06-2011, 04:52 PM
He has gone scoreless in 2/3 4th quarters.

waterboy
06-06-2011, 04:54 PM
I'll have to agree with Dirk on this one. JET absolutely has to shoot better if the Mavs are to have any chance. It would definitely take some of the double and triple teams off their only viable threat, Dirk. No bones about it, the rest of the Mav team has to help.

eagles_victory
06-06-2011, 04:55 PM
UD singled him up on the last shot.

icu812
06-06-2011, 05:14 PM
When Dirk is out, Miami has outscored the Mavs by 31.

When Dirk is in, Dallas has outscored Miami by 23.

So yeah time for everybody else to step up.

Farmersfan
06-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Jet is paid like a second go-to man even though he has been very, very inconsistent his entire career and plays very little D. It's time for him to earn his high salary and get this team over the hump. I don't like his comments about Lebron guarding him. As good as LeBron is the real issue is Terry is just missing wide open shots and taking stupid shots. Hell, I have watched the Wade block on Terry's shot a million times and nobody has ever mentioned that Terry double pumps or hesitates on that shot or Wade doesn't get it. he is hesitating and acting like everything he throws up will be blocked. So why call out LeBron and tell the media that LeBron can't do it every game? And even without any scoring from Terry the Mavs win game #3 if Terry doesn't make stupid turnovers and mistakes...................He needs to get his head in the game!

Phil C
06-07-2011, 09:59 AM
The Mavs all better step up tonight and win or the series will be over. No way Mavs can come back down 1-3.

Farmersfan
06-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
The Mavs all better step up tonight and win or the series will be over. No way Mavs can come back down 1-3.

I don't think I will have much of a problem if a good Heat team beats the Mavs if they come out and play solid ball. I just don't want to see them go down in flames because they aren't executing their game or playing Mavs style of ball..... AGAIN!

Phantom Stang
06-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Dirk talks about needing the Jet to be clutch in press conference today. About time someone calls out the Jet.
I think that Dirk needs to concern himself with Dirk. I've seen him miss shots in this series that HE normally would have made.

BEAST
06-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
I think that Dirk needs to concern himself with Dirk. I've seen him miss shots in this series that HE normally would have made.

True but his production hasnt fallen off. What Dirk is talking about most is the 4th quarter. Jet hasnt been anywhere to be found on Game 1 or 3 down the stretch.

BEAST

Txbroadcaster
06-07-2011, 12:41 PM

Really? A leader steps up and calls those out that needs to be called out..IMO that is what he he is doing

As far as Dirk..he has a game winner and is averaging 28 a game in the play offs..I dont think he has to worry about his game as much as others

Ernest T Bass
06-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Really? A leader steps up and calls those out that needs to be called out..IMO that is what he he is doing

Not sure that you do it publically, though.

Txbroadcaster
06-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Not sure that you do it publically, though.

I can agree with that..but him and Terry have a diff relationship and they both call each other out when it is needed..in the media and in private...plus I dont think he said anything he would not say to Terry

Phantom Stang
06-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Dang, I should have considered the source of this thread, and did some research before I commented.:doh:

It turns out that what Dirk really said was' “We have to find a way to get Jet some freedom and get him off some movement, and he’s got to make some shots for us,” .... “He’s a big reason why we’re here, because he’s one of the great fourth-quarter players we have in this league, but they’ve been able to really take that away … Jet hasn’t really been a crunch-time, clutch player for us the way we need him to.”, so in fact, Dirk was giving credit to the Miami Defense, while sharing blame with the entire Mavericks team, including himself. Pretty classy on his part I think.

So while Dirk is apparently a leader, maybe he's not TXbroadcaster's idea of a "leader", and that's alright by me.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/06/dirk-nowitzki-jason-terry-hasnt-been-clutch-in-nba-finals/

Old Tiger
06-07-2011, 01:48 PM
LeBron was on Rose to close out the games and now LeBron is on Terry to close out games....we are seeing just how good he is on the defensive side of the ball.

Emerson1
06-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
LeBron was on Rose to close out the games and now LeBron is on Terry to close out games....we are seeing just how good he is on the defensive side of the ball.
Terry was wide open late in the 4th and bricked a 3 pointer that would have put them up 3.

waterboy
06-07-2011, 02:05 PM
And that three-pointer would've won the game for Dallas..... OR, if the refs would've disallowed the three-pointer at the halftime buzzer by Miami..... They definitely blew that call. Oh well, we still had a chance to win it in the end. Just came up a shot short...:mad:

eagles_victory
06-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
And that three-pointer would've won the game for Dallas..... OR, if the refs would've disallowed the three-pointer at the halftime buzzer by Miami..... They definitely blew that call. Oh well, we still had a chance to win it in the end. Just came up a shot short...:mad: Even the fans on the Dallas board are saying they got every call in game 3 so complaining about that one call is just silly. Not to mention if they didnt say it on TV noone would be saying anything. I highly doubt anyones first reaction on seeing that play was backcourt backcourt.

TheDOCTORdre
06-07-2011, 03:00 PM
If Lebron were to call someone out everyone would eat him alive:D

waterboy
06-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Even the fans on the Dallas board are saying they got every call in game 3 so complaining about that one call is just silly. Not to mention if they didnt say it on TV noone would be saying anything. I highly doubt anyones first reaction on seeing that play was backcourt backcourt.
No. Dallas didn't get "every" call in Game 3. That's ludicrous, and an outright lie. Both teams got calls, not only in Game 3, but throughout the series. This is the NBA. They ARE going to make bad calls in every game. That's just the nature of the game. The refs have made bad calls BOTH ways, so I'm not laying blame on them, but a bad call like that 3-pointer should not happen. Unfortunately they do in the NBA. I'm not "blaming" the refs for the Mavs shortcomings in this series. I can't say the same for '06, but there will not be any excuses in this series. Either the Mavs overcome their shooting woes or they lose this series "fair and square".

eagles_victory
06-07-2011, 03:17 PM
No. Dallas didn't get "every" call in Game 3. That's ludicrous, and an outright lie. Both teams got calls, not only in Game 3, but throughout the series. This is the NBA. They ARE going to make bad calls in every game. That's just the nature of the game. The refs have made bad calls BOTH ways, so I'm not laying blame on them, but a bad call like that 3-pointer should not happen. Unfortunately they do in the NBA. I'm not "blaming" the refs for the Mavs shortcomings in this series. I can't say the same for '06, but there will not be any excuses in this series. Either the Mavs overcome their shooting woes or they lose this series "fair and square". On the official Mavs boards even the fans there say Dallas got the calls in game 3.

waterboy
06-07-2011, 03:35 PM
I don't know what game they watched, but I'm pretty sure there were a couple of acts by Wade and LeBron that got them to the free throw line, not to mention that 3-pointer that shouldn't have been. NOBODY gets absolutely every call in an NBA game. It just doesn't happen. For the most part, this series has been pretty even as to the calls, so that will definitely not be an "excuse" as to why one team or the other lost. If the Heat do win this series, which it looks like they probably will at this point, they will have won it fair and square. I just keep hoping the Mav bench can provide a spark off the bench. If they don't, it's a foregone conclusion that the Heat will win.

coach
06-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Even the fans on the Dallas board are saying they got every call in game 3 so complaining about that one call is just silly. Not to mention if they didnt say it on TV noone would be saying anything. I highly doubt anyones first reaction on seeing that play was backcourt backcourt.

i honestly said to myself that was close to being backcourt...but to say that cost us the game is ridiculous

coach
06-07-2011, 04:51 PM
I don't know what game they watched, but I'm pretty sure there were a couple of acts by Wade and LeBron that got them to the free throw line, not to mention that 3-pointer that shouldn't have been. NOBODY gets absolutely every call in an NBA game. It just doesn't happen. For the most part, this series has been pretty even as to the calls, so that will definitely not be an "excuse" as to why one team or the other lost. If the Heat do win this series, which it looks like they probably will at this point, they will have won it fair and square. I just keep hoping the Mav bench can provide a spark off the bench. If they don't, it's a foregone conclusion that the Heat will win.

my favorite flop was when wade was "pushed" in the back by kid. if you have ever been truly pushed like that you dont jump as high as wade did. you could see that later in the game when chandler got pushed and he got about 3 inches of the ground. your momentum is completely taken away and you will be forced to fly forwards rather than up. wade jumped his normal vertical then threw his hands up like he got shot. smart move, but it was def a flop.

eagles_victory
06-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by coach
my favorite flop was when wade was "pushed" in the back by kid. if you have ever been truly pushed like that you dont jump as high as wade did. you could see that later in the game when chandler got pushed and he got about 3 inches of the ground. your momentum is completely taken away and you will be forced to fly forwards rather than up. wade jumped his normal vertical then threw his hands up like he got shot. smart move, but it was def a flop. Who on Dallas did the same thing later was it Kidd or Chandler?

waterboy
06-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by coach
my favorite flop was when wade was "pushed" in the back by kid. if you have ever been truly pushed like that you dont jump as high as wade did. you could see that later in the game when chandler got pushed and he got about 3 inches of the ground. your momentum is completely taken away and you will be forced to fly forwards rather than up. wade jumped his normal vertical then threw his hands up like he got shot. smart move, but it was def a flop.
Yep, I saw those plays. I think there are many good actors in the NBA. The refs will call those, so it's actually pretty smart to do some acting to get calls in the NBA. As long as they aren't whiney when they get legit calls against them, it doesn't bother me near as much. It seems there is a whole lot more whining on the part of the Heat players when they don't get calls even when it's obvious they are legit. In all fairness, there are many players in the NBA that do that, including the Mav players on occasion. Some of those acting jobs done by NBA players deserve an Oscar.:D

coach
06-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Who on Dallas did the same thing later was it Kidd or Chandler?

it was chandler, but whoever fouled him was actually pushed bc he only got about 2 inches off the ground and whoever fouled him (i cant remember who it was) actually extended his arm unlike jason did to dwade

coach
06-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Yep, I saw those plays. I think there are many good actors in the NBA. The refs will call those, so it's actually pretty smart to do some acting to get calls in the NBA. As long as they aren't whiney when they get legit calls against them, it doesn't bother me near as much. It seems there is a whole lot more whining on the part of the Heat players when they don't get calls even when it's obvious they are legit. In all fairness, there are many players in the NBA that do that, including the Mav players on occasion. Some of those acting jobs done by NBA players deserve an Oscar.:D

the biggest whiners in the entire league are the spurs