PDA

View Full Version : Deep dicussion

orange machine
06-06-2011, 03:54 PM
we need a deep discussion page where we can go deep and talk about whatever. :doh:

waterboy
06-06-2011, 03:58 PM
There already is a forum for that. It's for donating members only, though. They give a lot more freedom to discuss politics, religion, etc. there.

orange machine
06-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
There already is a forum for that. It's for donating members only, though. They give a lot more freedom to discuss politics, religion, etc. there.

So how much do you have to donate. Im unemployed right now and funds are well real crappy?

waterboy
06-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Maybe one of the moderators can let you know how much. I'm not sure how much you have to donate.....

garciap77
06-06-2011, 04:06 PM
$100.00 per month!:D

orange machine
06-06-2011, 04:06 PM
well i got a dollar on my night stand beside me here in my bed room wonder if thats good enough?

orange machine
06-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
$100.00 per month!:D

The way things are going for me right now i would have a hard time paying that a year.

Ernest T Bass
06-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Heh heh, he said he wants a place to go deep.

orange machine
06-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Heh heh, he said he wants a place to go deep.

Only thing im going deep into right now is debt.:mad:

Ernest T Bass
06-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Dude, I toldja, Dallas County is hiring jailers. I know it's not what you want, but it's a paycheck, and with previous experience, you'll have an opportunity to move up to deputy pretty quick. They ALWAYS promote from within. That's the only way to become a Dallas County Sherriff deputy.

garciap77
06-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Lubbock Police Department is looking!

Ranger Mom
06-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Lubbock Police Department is looking!

Midland too!!

Originally posted by orange machine
So how much do you have to donate. Im unemployed right now and funds are well real crappy?

I think it is a $10.00 donation and I believe that is good for 2 years!!

Other mods........correct me if I'm wrong!!

Roughneck93
06-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Don't forget...DPS is looking as well.

orange machine
06-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Roughneck93
Don't forget...DPS is looking as well.

I had a buddy who tested for dps and he said that was the hardest test he has ever taken and almost didnt pass it. They didnt hire him for whatever reason and he one of the most up standing people i know and very straight laced. If he wasnt good enough then i would be road kill for them.

Roughneck93
06-06-2011, 05:40 PM
I had a buddy who tested for dps and he said that was the hardest test he has ever taken and almost didnt pass it. They didnt hire him for whatever reason and he one of the most up standing people i know and very straight laced. If he wasnt good enough then i would be road kill for them.

Gotcha. They do put you through the paces. I believe my buddy said it was a written/physical/mental type test(s). Then I was called and asked a bunch of character questions regarding him. But, you never know. You might be the one they are looking for.

GrTigers6
06-07-2011, 06:17 AM
I looked into the DPS a few years back, 2000 i believe. It was pretty tough, physically, You had to run a mile in a certain time, They did a credit check, background check, and you had to have experience or military service or college credits. I had the military service and a friend on the inside and never got an interview. Of course my age may have been a factor. I was over 30 at the time.

sinton66
06-07-2011, 06:35 AM
State and local governments are taking a cue from the feds lately. They are beginning to be reluctant to hire anyone over the age of 35. Anybody else would get into big trouble for age discrimination, but our governments can do whatever they want. Apparently the law of the land doesn't apply to those who enforce it?

Farmersfan
06-07-2011, 08:15 AM

Have you applied with Collin County correctional facilities? They always have positions they are trying to fill. Right now they are advertising for Detention officers and Juvenile detention officers.

garciap77
06-07-2011, 08:37 AM

You have nothing to loose for trying. Give it a try!

GrTigers6
06-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
State and local governments are taking a cue from the feds lately. They are beginning to be reluctant to hire anyone over the age of 35. Anybody else would get into big trouble for age discrimination, but our governments can do whatever they want. Apparently the law of the land doesn't apply to those who enforce it? I was turned down for returning to the air force for the same reason and I was only 24 but I had three kids as well. which may have been a bigger factor. :D

pirate4state
06-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Apparently the law of the land doesn't apply to those who enforce it? Hey, just like here!! hahahahahaha

Sorry, I couldn't help myself! :devil: :inlove: