PDA

View Full Version : Sooooo how bout a 3A Football discussion

Gsquared
06-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Such as, list YOUR 3A pre-season Top 10.

MGAR
06-06-2011, 10:21 AM
1-4 East Texas

5-10 Who cares...

ha ha ha...

Gsquared
06-06-2011, 10:24 AM
You left Whitney out of your top 10 :doh:

Saggy Aggie
06-06-2011, 10:25 AM
I haven't thought about it enough to put together a solid top 10....

But my number 1 is Tyler Chapel Hill.

I think you can guarantee Celina and WO-S to be top 10's.

Gilmer should be improved I think.

Snyder should be good. Argyle is bringing back that Qb right? They should be pretty good.

I think West Columbia is the favorite in Region 4 again along with Wimberley.

Henderson and Carthage will probably reload.

That's 10 solid teams for next season. I'm sure I've left out someone, but I don't have a particular order for them.

Bullaholic
06-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Don't know exactly where they would fit in a Top 10 yet, but I will toss out some likely teams to start:

Argyle, Wimberley, Celina, Henderson, Gilmer, Carthage, Monahans, Chapel Hill

Gsquared
06-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie

Snyder should be good. Argyle is bringing back that Qb right? They should be pretty good.

That's 10 solid teams for next season. I'm sure I've left out someone, but I don't have a particular order for them.
All of the teams you mentioned should be loaded for a big run this year. 3A is shaping up to look pretty strong. Coldspring will be back too I think. I think Chapel Hill is a #1 team followed closesly in no particular order , Argyle, Wimberley, Henderson, Carthage, Celina, Gilmer, ****Maybe Sanger , if they adapt to a new coach etc...... Snyder. Who else?

Bullaholic
06-06-2011, 10:48 AM
C'mon folks---G2 is trying to get a little football talk going---you want to go back to religion, politics, and sexual orientation threads? :D

Gsquared
06-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
C'mon folks---G2 is trying to get a little football talk going---you want to go back to religion, politics, and sexual orientation threads? :D
Thats right Bull, if they dont start talkin football, I got a ton of Gallon baby oil and tranny stories im just dying to tell, no matter how upset ETB and TXB get for me spillin the beans on em.

maestro
06-06-2011, 10:52 AM
both needville and wharton brought in new athletic directors/head coaches to challenge the sweeny-columbia dynasties.

Gsquared
06-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by maestro
both needville and wharton brought in new athletic directors/head coaches to challenge the sweeny-columbia dynasties.
What does Wharton have coming back?

Bosqueville
06-06-2011, 10:57 AM
I'll jump in with a top 10!

1. Henderson
2. Chapel Hill
3. Argyle
4. Carthage
5. Wimberley
6. Monahans
7. West Columbia
8. Coldspring
9. Celina
10. Snyder

Old Tiger
06-06-2011, 10:57 AM
g2

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112928

Roughneck93
06-06-2011, 10:58 AM

These are some very good teams on this list. I see Chapel Hill getting the nod at #1. Henderson brings back a lot of weapons as well. What does Cuero bring back? They usually reload as well.

Gsquared
06-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Bosqueville

1. Henderson
2. Chapel Hill
3. Argyle
4. Carthage
5. Wimberley
6. Monahans
7. West Columbia
8. Coldspring
9. Celina
10. Snyder
I keep hearing ALOT about West Columbia. Hopefully I can go see the Necks play this year.

BaseballUmp
06-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Roughneck93
These are some very good teams on this list. I see Chapel Hill getting the nod at #1. Henderson brings back a lot of weapons as well. What does Cuero bring back? They usually reload as well.

Cuero...overrated clap, clap, clap clap clap

Bullaholic
06-06-2011, 11:04 AM

1. Henderson
2. Chapel Hill
3. Argyle
4. Carthage
5. Wimberley
6. Monahans
7. West Columbia
8. Coldspring
9. Celina
10. Snyder

Good list---Why no Gilmer? They've been down for them for a couple of seasons and should be ready to make more of a showing---yes? no?

Oh yea, one more I forgot--- Alvarado returns a bunch from last season.

Roughneck93
06-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I keep hearing ALOT about West Columbia. Hopefully I can go see the Necks play this year.

Come on down. Heck, we even have a Dairy Queen. They still turn your Blizzard upside down as well. And a Sonic.
The Necks should be strong this year. Will have big shoes to fill at qb though.

Gsquared
06-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Come on down. Heck, we even have a Dairy Queen. They still turn your Blizzard upside down as well. And a Sonic.
The Necks should be strong this year. Will have big shoes to fill at qb though.
I just might do that. Can you post thier schedule?

Bullaholic
06-06-2011, 11:09 AM
I just might do that. Can you post thier schedule?

Most DQ's open about 8am, and close 9-10pm, G2......

Gsquared
06-06-2011, 11:13 AM
:doh:

Gsquared
06-06-2011, 11:14 AM
The DQ in Sterling City stays open till midnight and if you pay an extra 50 bucks for your Dilly Bar, it comes with a date with the cashier. She's a good lookin ole thing

Old Green
06-06-2011, 11:21 AM
These are some very good teams on this list. I see Chapel Hill getting the nod at #1. Henderson brings back a lot of weapons as well. What does Cuero bring back? They usually reload as well. Trent Jackson will be back and so will be a few others. Need to find a QB though.

MGAR
06-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Good list---Why no Gilmer? They've been down for them for a couple of seasons and should be ready to make more of a showing---yes? no?

Gilmer is a playoff team but I wouldnt put them in any top ten..

SHSBulldog00
06-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by maestro

Sweeny has a lot to replace for next year. I look for W.C. to win district for a few years.:(

Roughneck93
06-06-2011, 12:04 PM

Forgot about Alvarado. Have to throw them in the mix as well.

Saggy Aggie
06-06-2011, 12:13 PM
I keep hearing ALOT about West Columbia. Hopefully I can go see the Necks play this year. They've got to replace a district and county MVP at qb... But they're loaded at every other position. And they've got some very capable kids to step in at QB.

I promise Floyd Bess is going to be a household name by the time the playlets roll around.

Gsquared
06-06-2011, 12:16 PM
They've got to replace a district and county MVP at qb... But they're loaded at every other position. And they've got some very capable kids to step in at QB.

I promise Floyd Bess is going to be a household name by the time the playlets roll around.
Saggy, you got the WC schedule you can send me?

Roughneck93
06-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Saggy, you got the WC schedule you can send me?

I've been looking but can't seem to get the current one. I'm sure someone here can get it.

Roughneck93
06-06-2011, 12:31 PM
They've got to replace a district and county MVP at qb... But they're loaded at every other position. And they've got some very capable kids to step in at QB.

Yessir!

SHSBulldog00
06-06-2011, 01:01 PM
West Columbia Football Schedule 2011

Sorry I don't have dates

Brazosport
Houston Washington
@ La Grange
@ Houston Kashmere
@ Bay City
Stafford
@ Needville
Wharton
@ Palacios
Sweeny
OPEN WEEK

ccmom
06-06-2011, 01:11 PM

A couple of seasons?? I'm pretty sure the boys with the 2009 rings don't think that was a "down" season. :doh:

I just had to have something to add...:p

Roughneck93
06-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
West Columbia Football Schedule 2011

Sorry I don't have dates

Brazosport
Houston Washington
@ La Grange
@ Houston Kashmere
@ Bay City
Stafford
@ Needville
Wharton
@ Palacios
Sweeny
OPEN WEEK

That's what I thought it was. Same as last year with home/away flipped. Thanks Ron.

Bosqueville
06-06-2011, 01:16 PM

Just my gut feeling they are not a top 10 team. Doesn't mean they won't be at the end of the regular season. I mean, they are Gilmer.

Bullaholic
06-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Just my gut feeling they are not a top 10 team. Doesn't mean they won't be at the end of the regular season. I mean, they are Gilmer.

O.k., thanks--I wasn't going on anything I had heard about Gilmer, but was going more with history. They typically have not stayed out of the Top 10 for multiple back-to-back seasons.

Bullaholic
06-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
A couple of seasons?? I'm pretty sure the boys with the 2009 rings don't think that was a "down" season. :doh:

I just had to have something to add...:p

Don't I smell something burning in the kitchen? :D

I thought Gilmer won it all in 2008---so if it was 2009, then they have only been out of the "elite" team pic for a year.

ccmom
06-06-2011, 03:17 PM

I thought Gilmer won it all in 2008---so if it was 2009, then they have only been out of the "elite" team pic for a year.

It was 2009....trust me...:bigcry: :bigcry:

Gsquared
06-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
It was 2009....trust me...:bigcry: :bigcry:
I can back you up on that one ccmom, that was a painful night at SMU.

eagles_victory
06-06-2011, 03:20 PM
1. Abilene Wylie
2. Abilene Wylie
3. Abilene Wylie
4. Celina
5. Venus
6. Abilene Wylie
7. Gilmer
8. Carthage
9. Fairfield
10. Palacios

waterboy
06-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Yes, Gilmer won the D1 title in '09. They will definitely be a top 10 team this year. I put them around #8, maybe even #7 before the season starts. If they can avoid injuries and turnovers like they had last year they may climb a little higher.

1. Henderson
2. Chapel Hill
3. Argyle
4. Wimberley
5. Celina
6. Carthage
7. Cuero
8. Gilmer
9. Monahans
10. Abilene Wylie

The first three spots are probably interchangeable.

cowboyandchrist
06-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Henderson, Carthage, Chapell Hill, and Gilmere will be very good again from East, Texas. I think Arygle and Celina will be strong also. WOS will always be in the mix. My top ten are:
Henderson
Chapell Hill
Carthage
Gilmere
Celina
Arygle
Monhans
Wimberley
Abilene Wylie
Cold springs/split with/ WOS

Gsquared
06-07-2011, 08:55 AM
So what all is Monahans bringing back? Sure wish I could make the Snyder/Monahans game.

Sweetwater Red
06-07-2011, 09:08 AM
So what all is Monahans bringing back? Sure wish I could make the Snyder/Monahans game.

These two always play great games against each other. I love the way that both defenses play.
They're are agressive and hard hitting. Kind of like ours used to be before we lost Mobley to
Prosper. :(

You should go. If for no other reason then to see Keenon Ward play.

Buckeye1980
06-07-2011, 12:17 PM

Out of the elite team pic for a year? I bet there are are alot of teams that would love to be out of the elite and go three rounds in the playoffs like Gilmer did last year. Pretty good for an off year!

MGAR
06-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
Out of the elite team pic for a year? I bet there are are alot of teams that would love to be out of the elite and go three rounds in the playoffs like Gilmer did last year. Pretty good for an off year!

Yea considering all those turnovers yall had..

Im willing to bet every team yall played never turned it over against yall..

Thats the only reason yall didnt win the super bowl :D

Bullaholic
06-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980

Apparently you don't know who your friends are, buckeye---I was carrying the ball for some Gilmer love ya know....Maybe I am expecting too much.

Lucky2Coach
06-07-2011, 12:58 PM

Come watch the week 9 against Sweeny. It will be a good one!!

Lucky2Coach
06-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Sweeny has a lot to replace for next year. I look for W.C. to win district for a few years.:(

Sweeny will be a ton better than we were last year. I will take that challenge!!!

waterboy
06-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by MGAR
Yea considering all those turnovers yall had..

Im willing to bet every team yall played never turned it over against yall..

Thats the only reason yall didnt win the super bowl :D
Actually, some of the teams we turned the ball over to had a few turnovers themselves ---- just not as many. It is most definitely out of character for a Buckeye team to have as many TOs as we had last year. We were also hit hard with the injury bug. We lost an all-state O-lineman for the entire season, two all-state LBs (1 for four games, one for six games), our best RB (off and on for most of the season), and several other key players for several games. We just weren't as good of a team as in years past to overcome those types of things. This year will be much better. I'm hoping we have a little more size this year, too.

MGAR
06-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Actually, some of the teams we turned the ball over to had a few turnovers themselves ---- just not as many. It is most definitely out of character for a Buckeye team to have as many TOs as we had last year. We were also hit hard with the injury bug. We lost an all-state O-lineman for the entire season, two all-state LBs (1 for four games, one for six games), our best RB (off and on for most of the season), and several other key players for several games. We just weren't as good of a team as in years past to overcome those types of things. This year will be much better. I'm hoping we have a little more size this year, too.

Boddie and the two LBs made all-state in 09? Are you sure?

How many games did Boddie miss? He was playing when I saw Gilmer play. I know he missed all of district, just curious on actual count of games.

waterboy
06-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Boddie and the two LBs made all-state in 09? Are you sure?

How many games did Boddie miss? He was playing when I saw Gilmer play. I know he missed all of district, just curious on actual count of games.
I'm pretty sure all three did make all-state. I'm not positive but I heard or read it somewhere. I can't remember which game it was that Boddie went out. It was early in the season, against Jacksonville in the first quarter I think, but he was out for the season. The Miller brothers went out in the opener against Atlanta. That was a HUGE hole to fill in the defense. The defense took a long time to fill the holes that left, and it never was the same for the rest of the season. Like I've said before, the Buckeyes just had a lot of injuries, and a lot more turnovers than usual. With that being said, they've usually had enough depth (in the past, at least) to overcome the majority of things like those. Not last year. We also had the smallest team I've ever seen at Gilmer, but they still had a season that most teams would've loved to have had. Three games deep in the playoffs is more than most of us expected under the circumstances. They should be bigger this year overall, and they will likely have a little more speed. With a full season under his belt, I think Luke Turner will make much better decisions and have a monster season.

MGAR
06-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the info waterboy...

Good news for ya'll is Turner will be competing for 3A all-state/Offensive MVP.

2500 in air
1300 on the ground
6 million Tds..

waterboy
06-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the info waterboy...

Good news for ya'll is Turner will be competing for 3A all-state/Offensive MVP.

2500 in air
1300 on the ground
6 million Tds..
6 million Tds???:eek: Holy crap, Batman!!! That might just set a record!!:doh: :D

He will have a much better year this year, though. I'm counting on it....;)

buckeyebob
06-07-2011, 03:37 PM

Si...this will be us against them this year...we play the Lions & BUlldogs at home (2 of our 3 home games for the season...Daingerfield will be the 3rd...3 defending state champs)...if we can keep the boys healthy, we will be a buzz saw...got some new stuff up our sleeve that will be a suprise...it is time to take Carthage & on our turf. Returning quaterback, got a bevy of receivers, some fast a$$ets, and a new way of showing them off. It should be fun. The Buckeyes will be quick and often. I think we will finsih 1 or 2 in the District of Doom. And remember.....

trojandad
06-07-2011, 04:12 PM
everybody really think barbay stayed in a school hes getting paid minimal with all the offers he had this offseason if he didnt see some heavy hitters coming up? including gilbert's senior year? :thinking:

Gsquared
06-07-2011, 09:22 PM
I'm begining to think about taking some Coldspring stock

maestro
06-07-2011, 10:14 PM
What does Wharton have coming back?

i think that it is probably best stated that much of what pained wharton graduated last week.

bigwood33
06-07-2011, 10:21 PM
****Maybe Sanger , if they adapt to a new coach etc...... Snyder. Who else?
G, did something happen at Sanger that I didn't know about? I sure thought that Coach Galbreath was solid. I just looked on their website and it looks like he is still there.

MustangFootball
06-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Look for the Ingleside Mustangs to make some noise this year after returning almost the whole team (a young playoff team)from last-year and some talented under-classman including a standout incoming freshman.:clap: :D :clap: