PDA

View Full Version : Tear them down

orange machine
06-06-2011, 03:27 AM
If the Mavs lose this series what do they do? I think this is Kidds last chance for sure because of his age. Dirk might have one more chance if the Mavs can find another starter who can score and not make Dirk the only threat in the starting lineup.I'm not saying they have to go out and get some super star but they need another offensive starter that can score 20 or so a night.

eagles_victory
06-06-2011, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
If the Mavs lose this series what do they do? I think this is Kidds last chance for sure because of his age. Dirk might have one more chance if the Mavs can find another starter who can score and not make Dirk the only threat in the starting lineup.I'm not saying they have to go out and get some super star but they need another offensive starter that can score 20 or so a night. Got to keep in mind Caron Butler will be back next year he is a solid defender who can average 17 to 18 a game.

Ernest T Bass
06-06-2011, 05:58 AM
I agree. Getting to the finals and losing is unacceptable. What they need to do is find 3 of the top of players in the NBA and get them to...wait a minute. Nevermind. :doh:

Farmersfan
06-06-2011, 06:13 AM
Caron was hurt and the Mavs miss his 20 points a game. Except if I remember correctly Caron was a disappearing act in the playoffs last season. Beaubois getting a full season of work could have been huge for the Mavs this post season. He has the athleticism they need.
Of course I think these Mavs are good enough if they weren't mental midgets. One game Marion scores 30+ and the next he can't hit wide open shots. They are getting very little consistent production from Terry, Kidd, Peja, JJ, or any of the other support cast. No chance to win without some of the role players stepping up.

Txbroadcaster
06-06-2011, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

Of course I think these Mavs are good enough if they weren't mental midgets.

I really hope this is a joke

Farmersfan
06-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I really hope this is a joke

Two games in a row in the Finals the Mavs come out to start the second half with some of the worst mental mistakes a NBA player could make! J. Kidd, who is viewed as the God-Father of point guards and is suppose to have a very high basketball IQ commits uncharacteristic stupid turnovers at the least opportune time that essentually KILLs his teams momentum in the Finals. I don't know if he was told to act like D. Wade or not but JJ Berea took his game from beating his man on the dribble to a wide open layup which is good to driving the basketball into the paint against Bosh and Haslem and trying to shoot over them with stupid circus shots. You can take the high road until the cows come home but it doesn't change the fact that this series so far has been all about the bad decisions by a lot of the Mavs players and the missed opportunities. Getting "HOT" for a shooter is almost 100% mental.

Basketball knowledge test:
What adjustments would YOU make for game 4?

jason
06-06-2011, 08:44 AM

don't think they need to make any adjustments - just need to cut down on turnovers and stop miami from getting so many second chance points...

also tell jason terry he can't shoot until they have at least 5 passes for that possession....

those hurry up jump shots just kill them sometimes.....

maybe they can sign dwight howard ???

Txbroadcaster
06-06-2011, 09:45 AM

Better spacing on offense..in game 1 Dallas had some great looks because they spaced the floor and rotated the ball..in game 2 and game 3 the spacing has slowly gotten smaller and smaller which allows for the D to have easier time filling passing lanes and on help D..so get back to better spacing which in turn means better passing as the turnovers are killing Dallas

BUT...alot of the problems the Mavs are facing are simply the Heats length and quickness on D.not alot you can do for a physical mismatch..just have to hope Dallas breaks thru.

on defense Dallas needs to eliminate the double digits runs the Heat get on...Dallas D has to be the stopper in this with the low scores..

I said all along I think the series goes 7 and so far not disapointed in what I have seen

Old Tiger
06-06-2011, 09:51 AM
So what you are saying is the Mavs need to buy a championship?

Txbroadcaster
06-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
So what you are saying is the Mavs need to buy a championship?

who you talking to?

Old Tiger
06-06-2011, 09:53 AM
who you talking to? OM

Txbroadcaster
06-06-2011, 09:55 AM
OM

ahh ok...cause basically if Dallas wins they bought a title lol

anyone who says the Heat "bought a title" is just jealous...I think it is awesome that 2 superstars and a really good player put aside their ego to play on the same team..isnt that what all the old timers say is missing from sports now? Players more about the title than stats? So now we get just that and everyone trashes them lol

Old Tiger
06-06-2011, 10:00 AM

anyone who says the Heat "bought a title" is just jealous...I think it is awesome that 2 superstars and a really good player put aside their ego to play on the same team..isnt that what all the old timers say is missing from sports now? Players more about the title than stats? So now we get just that and everyone trashes them lol Isn't all pro sports titles bought?

Bullaholic
06-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Isn't all pro sports titles bought?

See NY Yankees.....:D

Cuban better go out and "buy" somebody to help Dirk more consistently.

Farmersfan
06-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Better spacing on offense..in game 1 Dallas had some great looks because they spaced the floor and rotated the ball..in game 2 and game 3 the spacing has slowly gotten smaller and smaller which allows for the D to have easier time filling passing lanes and on help D..so get back to better spacing which in turn means better passing as the turnovers are killing Dallas

BUT...alot of the problems the Mavs are facing are simply the Heats length and quickness on D.not alot you can do for a physical mismatch..just have to hope Dallas breaks thru.

on defense Dallas needs to eliminate the double digits runs the Heat get on...Dallas D has to be the stopper in this with the low scores..

I said all along I think the series goes 7 and so far not disapointed in what I have seen

Great ideas and attention to detail TXB. But didn't the Mavs miss more wide open shots in game 3 than they did in game 1? The defense for the Heat is getting tigher and tigher on the inside because the Mavs are missing more and more of their outside shots which allows the D to shrink.
My adjustment is this: The Dallas defense can't handle D. Wade. He is too quick on the dribble and is getting to the basket at will. So i would force someone else to beat me. Anytime the Mavs made a run last night it was because they took the ball out of Wade's hands. I would double Wade at the top of the key on every single possession. Labron is a tough cover but the defense can actually stay in front of him somewhat. They can't with Wade.
If Bibby or Chalmers continues to make 3's we are going to lose anyway. I just don't think they can shoot a very high percentage. Priority #1: Get the ball out of Wades hands and keep him off the boards. Priority #2: STOP THE STUPID TURNOVERS. it's true the Heat are fast but the majority of the Mavs turnovers are unforced. Priority #3: Someone make a damn shot: If the supporting cast doesn't show up better then none of the rest will really matter.

Txbroadcaster
06-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Great ideas and attention to detail TXB. But didn't the Mavs miss more wide open shots in game 3 than they did in game 1? The defense for the Heat is getting tigher and tigher on the inside because the Mavs are missing more and more of their outside shots which allows the D to shrink.
My adjustment is this: The Dallas defense can't handle D. Wade. He is too quick on the dribble and is getting to the basket at will. So i would force someone else to beat me. Anytime the Mavs made a run last night it was because they took the ball out of Wade's hands. I would double Wade at the top of the key on every single possession. Labron is a tough cover but the defense can actually stay in front of him somewhat. They can't with Wade.
If Bibby or Chalmers continues to make 3's we are going to lose anyway. I just don't think they can shoot a very high percentage. Priority #1: Get the ball out of Wades hands and keep him off the boards. Priority #2: STOP THE STUPID TURNOVERS. it's true the Heat are fast but the majority of the Mavs turnovers are unforced. Priority #3: Someone make a damn shot: If the supporting cast doesn't show up better then none of the rest will really matter.

I personally felt game 1 was the game we saw Dallas miss more wide open shots

Your right about Wade, he is going off right now..either stop him OR let him get his points and worry about everyone else

I forgot to add...Dallas needs to push it more in transition..dont let the Heat get in their defensive scheme..I am shocked at how slow Kidd continues to bring the ball up after a defensive rebound

Bullaholic
06-06-2011, 10:36 AM

Your right about Wade, he is going off right now..either stop him OR let him get his points and worry about everyone else

I forgot to add...Dallas needs to push it more in transition..dont let the Heat get in their defensive scheme..I am shocked at how slow Kidd continues to bring the ball up after a defensive rebound

I think we are seeing the thing I feared the most get the best of the Mavs in transition both ways, TXB---Heat youth, athletic skill, and speed > Dallas experience and savvy.

Farmersfan
06-06-2011, 10:40 AM

anyone who says the Heat "bought a title" is just jealous...I think it is awesome that 2 superstars and a really good player put aside their ego to play on the same team..isnt that what all the old timers say is missing from sports now? Players more about the title than stats? So now we get just that and everyone trashes them lol

Actually I think the opposite applies here. It was their ego that caused them to TAKE A CUT IN PAY to play together because they believe they deserve a title. Labron could have gotten over 20 mil per season with probably 10 different teams but he chose to accept 14 with Miami. And I don't think anyone would be having these discussion if Labron, Wade and Bosh weren't such prima-donna A-holes who deemed it appropriate to have a media circus to announce themselves to the world. I almost puke everytime i see the press conference and show those guys put on. The 3 of them standing in the flashing lights, flames and smoke and music like they were saviors of the entire world is a little sickening to most people. Could you imagine anything like that happening in Dallas? I highly doubt that. it's the South Beach, over-hyped Hip Hop, Superstar mentality that even allowed such a spectacle to happen in the first place. Like I said: I honestly believe this Heat team will go down in history as the most hated team in NBA history.
Oh yea! And Labron's "I'm not here for one championship. Or Two! OR three! Not four! not five! Or six! or seven! Stupidity at it's finest............ Ok, I'm done venting. Carryon...........

Txbroadcaster
06-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Actually I think the opposite applies here. It was their ego that caused them to TAKE A CUT IN PAY to play together because they believe they deserve a title. Labron could have gotten over 20 mil per season with probably 10 different teams but he chose to accept 14 with Miami. And I don't think anyone would be having these discussion if Labron, Wade and Bosh weren't such prima-donna A-holes who deemed it appropriate to have a media circus to announce themselves to the world. I almost puke everytime i see the press conference and show those guys put on. The 3 of them standing in the flashing lights, flames and smoke and music like they were saviors of the entire world is a little sickening to most people. Could you imagine anything like that happening in Dallas? I highly doubt that. it's the South Beach, over-hyped Hip Hop, Superstar mentality that even allowed such a spectacle to happen in the first place. Like I said: I honestly believe this Heat team will go down in history as the most hated team in NBA history.
Oh yea! And Labron's "I'm not here for one championship. Or Two! OR three! Not four! not five! Or six! or seven! Stupidity at it's finest............ Ok, I'm done venting. Carryon...........

I guess you dont remember the Sanders signing for Dallas and all the "hip hop" press conferences and such. It was a circus.

I have seen nothing that made me feel Wade or Bosh was a A-Hole..Lebron did a real stupid thing with his whole decision show but the others did nothing

sweetwater07
06-06-2011, 10:44 AM

i quite enjoyed that rant

Farmersfan
06-06-2011, 10:52 AM

Wow! I just checked the numbers. Dig this:

Game one the Mavs missed 42 shots from the field and 13 shots from 3pt range. In game 3 the Mavs missed 42 shots from the field and 13 from 3pt range. and they scored 84 &86 points.

In game 2 the Mavs missed 39 shots from the field and 11 from 3 pt range. The difference in these 3 games is simply 5 made baskets. The Mavs must score 93-95 points to win. Isn't this simply the difference in getting some Peja help or JJ help?

Txbroadcaster
06-06-2011, 10:54 AM
The Mavs must score 93-95 points to win. Isn't this simply the difference in getting some Peja help or JJ help?

agree 100%..I said at beginning of series that 91-89 would be the basic score..anyone scoring over 91 would prob win.

Bullaholic
06-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Repent people! The end is near---TxB and Farmer agreed 100% on something....:D

Txbroadcaster
06-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

hahahaha we usually agree on a lot..just the things we dont create some fun debates

Farmersfan
06-06-2011, 10:56 AM
I guess you dont remember the Sanders signing for Dallas and all the "hip hop" press conferences and such. It was a circus.

I have seen nothing that made me feel Wade or Bosh was a A-Hole..Lebron did a real stupid thing with his whole decision show but the others did nothing

Sorry! I don't remember anything from Sanders that would come close to this. I remember some NEW OUTLETS that put together a montash of Dion highlights and ran it nonstop for a while. I do remember the first game where Dion walked (actually danced) out of the tunnel to lights and smoke but isn't that pretty much every game for every team?

Old Tiger
06-06-2011, 10:57 AM
In my honest opinion I feel that for the Mavs to win they would have to outscore the Heat.

Farmersfan
06-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Hey! I never said I agreed with his agreement........... WTH?

Txbroadcaster
06-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Sorry! I don't remember anything from Sanders that would come close to this. I remember some NEW OUTLETS that put together a montash of Dion highlights and ran it nonstop for a while. I do remember the first game where Dion walked (actually danced) out of the tunnel to lights and smoke but isn't that pretty much every game for every team?

Well no of course it wone come close to now..it was 8 years agi..but him and Irvin holding shop at the Cowboys resturant with all the media talking about the 4-5 titles they would win and how they would dominatethe league...all said when the Heat signed their players

Farmersfan
06-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Well no of course it wone come close to now..it was 8 years agi..but him and Irvin holding shop at the Cowboys resturant with all the media talking about the 4-5 titles they would win and how they would dominatethe league...all said when the Heat signed their players

I've been a Cowboys fan my entire life and never remember this. Perhaps you saw it in a dream?

And IF it doesn't come close to now because it was 8 years ago then why are we discussing it? You brought it up as defense for the Wade, Bron and Bosh spectacle but then claim it doesn't compare.................:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
06-06-2011, 11:45 AM
I've been a Cowboys fan my entire life and never remember this. Perhaps you saw it in a dream?

And IF it doesn't come close to now because it was 8 years ago then why are we discussing it? You brought it up as defense for the Wade, Bron and Bosh spectacle but then claim it doesn't compare.................:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wow really? ypur gonne be a douche and say I saw it in a dream..well then go eff urself if you cant just debate and talk without little smart ass comments like that. I have NEVER discounted what you said but that is all you do. Your a prick

MGAR
06-06-2011, 11:54 AM
In my honest opinion I feel that for the Mavs to win they would have to outscore the Heat.

This!

eagles_victory
06-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Miami had the same thing when they signed Shaq owner Micky Arison said had I known people were going to make this big of a deal about it I would of not let cameras in... who cares what Lebron said about not 1 not 2 not 3 and so on it is looking like he might be right.

orange machine
06-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Miami had the same thing when they signed Shaq owner Micky Arison said had I known people were going to make this big of a deal about it I would of not let cameras in... who cares what Lebron said about not 1 not 2 not 3 and so on it is looking like he might be right.

Thats beside the point if he would have been humble about things and let his talent on the court do the talking that would be one thing. He just sounded like an arrogant jerk when he said all that crap and they had the big party for them. Its one thing to be an awsome player and show it on the field or court but its another to come out and talk about how awsome you are and how your gonna win all these titles. It would have been ok with me if he said hey im gonna go play with the Heat and team up with Wade and we are gonna try to win a title but no he had to come out and say all the junk he said and make himself look like a jerk.

eagles_victory
06-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Thats beside the point if he would have been humble about things and let his talent on the court do the talking that would be one thing. He just sounded like an arrogant jerk when he said all that crap and they had the big party for them. Its one thing to be an awsome player and show it on the field or court but its another to come out and talk about how awsome you are and how your gonna win all these titles. It would have been ok with me if he said hey im gonna go play with the Heat and team up with Wade and we are gonna try to win a title but no he had to come out and say all the junk he said and make himself look like a jerk. It is Miami it is South Beach they do things a little different there than Celina, Texas. If your mouth is writing checks and your arse is cashing them I dont see the problem with it.

waterboy
06-06-2011, 04:01 PM
:( It no look good for the Mavs.... The Heat appear to be too much for them. Especially if they can't hit the open threes like they've been doing the rest of the playoffs...

orange machine
06-06-2011, 04:03 PM
The NBA is rigged they probably paid the Mavs off to lose.:D

orange machine
06-06-2011, 04:04 PM
The NBA is by far to me the worst of all the pro sports. Like i said before its nothing but a soap opera.

icu812
06-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Win or lose the Mavs should keep it together. Kidd's minutes will decrease as Roddy gets up to speed. Butler is good offensively and on defense (unlike Stephenson). Cory Brewer will probably get more minutes in the regular season. Team should be even deeper next year. Cuban will not blow it up. Mavs have won 50 games or more every season for the last decade. He might make some moves to get younger replacing guys like Peja and Cardinal. Why would Cuban tear them down now when they are in the championship with their second best player sitting on the bench injured? We could see the Mavs vs. Heat again next year. Having said that though I think Cuban will still go after big name free agents if he can get them without giving up Dirk.

Tearing them down would mean trading Dirk and any other vets with trade value for prospects and/or draft picks. That sounds like the way to become the Timberwolves to me.

waterboy
06-06-2011, 04:09 PM
I'll have to agree with you to a degree, OM. It seems the media always has their favorite, even if the rest of the country disagrees. The refs definitely make too many mistaken calls, too, for both teams. Sometimes it balances out, other times it doesn't, but they definitely make a bunch of wrong calls through the course of a game. The NBA is definitely full of drama queens and actors.

waterboy
06-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Win or lose the Mavs should keep it together. Kidd's minutes will decrease as Roddy gets up to speed. Butler is good offensively and on defense (unlike Stephenson). Cory Brewer will probably get more minutes in the regular season. Team should be even deeper next year. Cuban will not blow it up. Mavs have won 50 games or more every season for the last decade. He might make some moves to get younger replacing guys like Peja and Cardinal. Why would Cuban tear them down now when they are in the championship with their second best player sitting on the bench injured? We could see the Mavs vs. Heat again next year. Having said that though I think Cuban will still go after big name free agents if he can get them without giving up Dirk.

Tearing them down would mean trading Dirk and any other vets with trade value for prospects and/or draft picks. That sounds like the way to become the Timberwolves to me.
I don't think Cuban should blow this team up. They have a good core of players. Maybe they could move a couple of players for one or two more defensive players that can score, too.

orange machine
06-06-2011, 04:16 PM
I think the Mavs should go after Ray Allen. He is old but he can score and would be a good leader as well as a 3 point threat the Peja was supposed to be.

eagles_victory
06-06-2011, 04:24 PM
I think the Mavs should go after Ray Allen. He is old but he can score and would be a good leader as well as a 3 point threat the Peja was supposed to be. Peja has been way more valuable than anyone ever expected him to be. He has been horrible the last 3 or 4 years and he was lights out for Dallas for a good part of the playoffs.

waterboy
06-06-2011, 04:51 PM
If Dallas could just hit more of those open threes I think this series would be different, but if they can't hit those open shots at a high percentage like they had been I don't think they have a very good chance at beating the Heat. For the Mavs to have any shot at making this a longer series they absolutely have to shoot better, period. Somebody has to get HOT, and it would help if it wasn't Dirk only. The 3-point shot is a huge part of the Mavericks' game, and if it's not falling they have very little chance of winning this series, in my opinion. I was sure hoping they would shoot better. As a matter of fact, I was counting on it. It just ain't happened thus far.