PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat?

Ernest T Bass
06-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Am the only one who thinks it was kinda selfless for the Big 3 to do what they did? I mean, LeBron could have stayed in Cleveland and been the King of the City. Bosh and Wade could have the #1 attraction wherever they played. But instead, they all decided that winning was more important than the money, attention, and individual glory. Isn't that what a TEAM is all about?
Is it just me? Probably.

BaseballUmp
06-05-2011, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Am the only one who thinks it was kinda selfless for the Big 3 to do what they did? I mean, LeBron could have stayed in Cleveland and been the King of the City. Bosh and Wade could have the #1 attraction wherever they played. But instead, they all decided that winning was more important than the money, attention, and individual glory. Isn't that what a TEAM is all about?
Is it just me? Probably.

Take out the word attention, and you're good lol

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Is it just me? Probably. Nope I have been saying what you are saying all year.

Ernest T Bass
06-05-2011, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Take out the word attention, and you're good lol

They're still sharing the attention now, as opposed to it being all about the individual.

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 11:15 PM
Lebron and Wade both said it isn't about being Jordan it is about winning and being champions. I dont care about legacy I just want to win and people have killed them for it.

Ernest T Bass
06-05-2011, 11:21 PM
That's the way I look at it. But, once Emmitt Smith was passed his prime, he refused to take a lesser role and instead jumped ship to the Cardinals, and he's still a hero. I dont get it.

Old Tiger
06-05-2011, 11:26 PM
obligatory OM....

"the heat bought this championship"

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
obligatory OM....

"the heat bought this championship" The Mavs have the higher payroll lol.

Old Tiger
06-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
The Mavs have the higher payroll lol. more obligatory OM...

"dirkz will be better when he winz it all himself and didn't rely on other peeplez"

orange machine
06-05-2011, 11:34 PM
Again i dont care that they play together its the way they acted and all the hype they yes they made about it. Thats the problem i have with it all. If you cant win a title by all means jump ship and go somewhere else how dare stay and build around your talent vs going and haaving it spoon feed to you.

orange machine
06-05-2011, 11:36 PM
Thats the problem now days in schools coaches alot of coaches want succsess right away and if they dont get it they bail instead of building it.

BaseballUmp
06-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Thats the problem now days in schools coaches alot of coaches want succsess right away and if they dont get it they bail instead of building it.

Or recruit...what's up Celina!!!

Old Tiger
06-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Again i dont care that they play together its the way they acted and all the hype they yes they made about it. Thats the problem i have with it all. If you cant win a title by all means jump ship and go somewhere else how dare stay and build around your talent vs going and haaving it spoon feed to you. Who is spooning?

LeBron was never going to win a title with the terrible talent Cleveland had.

Bosh was never going to win a title in Toronto.

Miami was not that good last season with just Wade

They took pay cuts so they can build a championship calibur team.

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Again i dont care that they play together its the way they acted and all the hype they yes they made about it. Thats the problem i have with it all. If you cant win a title by all means jump ship and go somewhere else how dare stay and build around your talent vs going and haaving it spoon feed to you. They had been with their teams for seven years. You act like they played one season and said cant win it Im going to Miami.

Ernest T Bass
06-06-2011, 12:00 AM
Doesn't every team try to bring in enough talent to win a championship? It usually becomes a matter of money and ego that prevents teams from getting players of this calaber. But, the Big 3 did it themselves. No different than what every team does. These 3 just took it upon themselves to put themselves 2nd and put winning first. Isn't that why the Mavs brought Jason Kidd back?

Ernest T Bass
06-06-2011, 12:02 AM

No, that's what communities do. The program doesn't win soon enough for the armchair QBs in the stands, so they get rid of the coach before he has a chance to overcome the breeding.
I'll never forget, one of the few head coach positions Ive interviewed for. It was at a small school and I was coming from a 5a. The supt was concerned that with my background I would want to get to larger school ASAP. He asked me if I could guarantee him 5 years. I asked him if he could guarantee me a 5 year contract. The silence that followed was deafening.

Phil C
06-06-2011, 01:52 AM
No, that's what communities do. The program doesn't win soon enough for the armchair QBs in the stands, so they get rid of the coach before he has a chance to overcome the breeding.
I'll never forget, one of the few head coach positions Ive interviewed for. It was at a small school and I was coming from a 5a. The supt was concerned that with my background I would want to get to larger school ASAP. He asked me if I could guarantee him 5 years. I asked him if he could guarantee me a 5 year contract. The silence that followed was deafening.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done Ernest!