PDA

View Full Version : Game 3 Mavs vs Heat

orange machine
06-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Its early but might aswell get it cranked up.

Mavs 101
Heat 92

Dirk goes for 40 points
Kidd has 17 points with 11 assist
Terry is back in it now and gets 24 points with 5 three pointers
Chandler has 14 rebounds

:)

eagles_victory
06-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Its early but might aswell get it cranked up.

Mavs 101
Heat 92

Dirk goes for 40 points
Kidd has 17 points with 11 assist
Terry is back in it now and gets 24 points with 5 three pointers
Chandler has 14 rebounds

:) I could see the Mavs winning but those numbers you posted no way lol.

orange machine
06-05-2011, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I could see the Mavs winning but those numbers you posted no way lol.

Oh will see hopefully im right. Really I can see all of it happeining except maybe Chandler pulling down 14 boards but im still going with my first prediction that he will and the others will follow suit.

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 01:09 AM
Oh will see hopefully im right. Really I can see all of it happeining except maybe Chandler pulling down 14 boards but im still going with my first prediction that he will and the others will follow suit. Ill bet the house on Kidd not getting 17 and 11 lol and Kidd Terry and Dirk not combining for over 80 points

Txbroadcaster
06-05-2011, 01:12 AM
I will say what I have been..winner will score around 93..loser about 89

coach
06-05-2011, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I will say what I have been..winner will score around 93..loser about 89

Will say the winner will score more than the loser

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 02:34 AM
Stern is loving this right now. I bet ratings for game 3 will be huge.

icu812
06-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Heat's regular season record in games decided by five points or fewer was 6-14. They are 1-2 in the playoffs. The Mavs are one of the best teams in the league in close games. The Heat are one of the worst. It seems the Heat's best chance is to blow out the Mavs. I don't think that happens to the Mavs tonight at home.

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Heat's regular season record in games decided by five points or fewer was 6-14. They are 1-2 in the playoffs. The Mavs are one of the best teams in the league in close games. The Heat are one of the worst. It seems the Heat's best chance is to blow out the Mavs. I don't think that happens to the Mavs tonight at home. Those numbers for the playoffs are a bit misleading they won 2 ot playoff games that were nail biters just pulled away late.

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Brendan Haywood is out

zebrablue2
06-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Go Mavs!!! Light em up Dirk!!!

Phil C
06-05-2011, 06:28 PM
I still favor the Heat but if the Mavs show up and play like they are capable they will probably win. They really haven't reached close to their potential as the Heat has. We will see.
According to history the team that wins game 3 goes on to win the series or at least according to the tv commentators. Of course this may be the year the exception occurs. Go Dallas.

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I still favor the Heat but if the Mavs show up and play like they are capable they will probably win. They really haven't reached close to their potential as the Heat has. We will see.
According to history the team that wins game 3 goes on to win the series or at least according to the tv commentators. Of course this may be the year the exception occurs. Go Dallas. Phil go watch Gunsmoke you don't know what your talking about.

orange machine
06-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Mavs 101 Heat 92

orange machine
06-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Also Peja will hit some big 3's Finally!

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Also Peja will hit some big 3's Finally! Not too much room for anyone else to score with the big 3 combining for 81 lol.

Saggy Aggie
06-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Keep dreaming OM. With the way you're talking... The mavs are gonna score 150 lol

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Christina Bosh aka Bosh Spice at his best

Farmersfan
06-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Welcome to game 3 everyone! All I can say so far is Chris Bosh is a big P****! I think he has been instructed to get Chandler in foul trouble. That was a total crap job!

Farmersfan
06-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Barely 5 minutes gone and Kidd has already made two terrible decisions. That won't do Kidd!

forum_guy
06-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Barely 5 minutes gone and Kidd has already made two terrible decisions. That won't do Kidd!

Barely 5 minutes in and you are already crying :clap:

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 07:33 PM
BRON!!!!!

forum_guy
06-05-2011, 07:35 PM
oh no did u guys see Chalmers celebrate after making that. I smell extra motivation for the mavs 2nd quarter comeback :rolleyes:

orange machine
06-05-2011, 07:36 PM
1 more turnovers 2 No defense 3 Is Dirlk playing or just out there?

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
oh no did u guys see Chalmers celebrate after making that. I smell extra motivation for the mavs 2nd quarter comeback :rolleyes: Like Lebron said Jason Terry can do his jet wings after every shot and noone says anything. Durant can put on the championship belt in the middle of the game no big deal but when he does it. That is all anyone wants to talk about.

Farmersfan
06-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Barely 5 minutes in and you are already crying :clap:

Of course you would love the bone-headed plays by the Mavs!

forum_guy
06-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Like Lebron said Jason Terry can do his jet wings after every shot and noone says anything. Durant can put on the championship belt in the middle of the game no big deal but when he does it. That is all anyone wants to talk about.

lol exactly, i highly doubt it had any motivation. Jump shooting teams get hot and thats what happened

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Really that is a foul on Bron?

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Beautiful footwork Dirk.

orange machine
06-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Like Lebron said Jason Terry can do his jet wings after every shot and noone says anything. Durant can put on the championship belt in the middle of the game no big deal but when he does it. That is all anyone wants to talk about.
Lebron=cry baby and show boat.

Hey ESPN I'm gonna have a press conference all about me and let tge world know what team I'm gonna play for. He us a great player but he doesn't deserve crap!!!!!!

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Lebron=cry baby and show boat.

Hey ESPN I'm gonna have a press conference all about me and let tge world know what team I'm gonna play for. He us a great player but he doesn't deserve crap!!!!!! You know him personally so you would know.

orange machine
06-05-2011, 07:53 PM
You know him personally so you would know.
I don't have to know someone personal to know they are a cry baby and show boat come on your smarter than that.

orange machine
06-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Labron is a great player but a complete chump.

Farmersfan
06-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Nine Mavericks with a minus +/- right now. I really expected to see better from our Mavs in this game.

forum_guy
06-05-2011, 07:55 PM
wow, are u serious? so i assume because kobe and noah said "that word" there are now Nba player commercials standing up for gays? That isn't going to change anything. People toss that word around and 9 times out of 10 mean nothing homosexual.

orange machine
06-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Ok the refs suck

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Take Bosh out.

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Ok the refs suck that wasnt a foul

forum_guy
06-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Ok the refs suck

oh the one on dirk that they replayed and was clearly a clean strip or the chandler flop??? lol

orange machine
06-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Finally Chandler gets a call

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Finally Chandler gets a call Im watching a game on ABC what network is whatever the hell your watching on.

forum_guy
06-05-2011, 07:59 PM
im going to go ahead and say it now, Take the last 6 minutes of last game out of the picture and its so obvious the Heat are the better team. Ok hand it to me guys. I know its coming lol

orange machine
06-05-2011, 08:00 PM
I have 0 respect for the Heat wit there retarded antics last summer. Mike Miller is about tge only decent player they have.

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 08:02 PM
I have 0 respect for the Heat wit there retarded antics last summer. Mike Miller is about tge only decent player they have. Watch out God we got somebody else judging people now. Hope they can sleep at night knowing they dont have the great Orange Machines respect.

99IHSMustang
06-05-2011, 08:04 PM
I have 0 respect for the Heat wit there retarded antics last summer. Mike Miller is about tge only decent player they have.

I like D Wade because he appears to be more humble IMO. I can't stand Lebron.

orange machine
The Heat should destroy every team they play since they went out and bought there way this far and to say they didn't is a flat out lie. Lakers did it back a few years ago also with O'Neal and all the other super stars. At least teams like San Antonio did it with 1 super star then a bunch of role players like the Mavs are trying to do.

Farmersfan
I can't believe we aren't seeing a better effort from our team.

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 08:06 PM
The Heat should destroy every team they play since they went out and bought there way this far and to say they didn't is a flat out lie. Lakers did it back a few years ago also with O'Neal and all the other super stars. At least teams like San Antonio did it with 1 super star then a bunch of role players like the Mavs are trying to do. Yea that David Robinson and Manu Ginobli sucked

Farmersfan
06-05-2011, 08:07 PM
im going to go ahead and say it now, Take the last 6 minutes of last game out of the picture and its so obvious the Heat are the better team. Ok hand it to me guys. I know its coming lol

Don't confuse Labron and Wade for the whole team................ Nobody ever doubted Labron and Wade weren't two of the best.

Phil C
06-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Not looking good. Mavs just can't play their potential. If they lose this one like it looks like they are going to do the series is over.

99IHSMustang
06-05-2011, 08:08 PM
The Heat should destroy every team they play since they went out and bought there way this far and to say they didn't is a flat out lie. Lakers did it back a few years ago also with O'Neal and all the other super stars. At least teams like San Antonio did it with 1 super star then a bunch of role players like the Mavs are trying to do.

All the more incentive for the Mavs to win it. If everyone expects the Heat to take it all, prove everyone wrong.

forum_guy
06-05-2011, 08:11 PM
I know flopping has been going on since Vlade Divac invented it but i have never seen more flopping in a single series than this one. And no mavs fans im not just talking about the heat, im talking about the mavs as well

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 08:11 PM
People talk about Lebron traveling good grief Kidd.

Farmersfan
06-05-2011, 08:17 PM
I know flopping has been going on since Vlade Divac invented it but i have never seen more flopping in a single series than this one. And no mavs fans im not just talking about the heat, im talking about the mavs as well

They have to flop to try and get a call. There is no way to defend a big athletic player who can just pound his way to the hoop. The NBA rules are tilted way in favor of the offense.

Phil C
06-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Mavs got it fairly close at halftiime and trail only by 5 but they got to start playing like they are capable.

orange machine
06-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
I like D Wade because he appears to be more humble IMO. I can't stand Lebron.
I like Wade but he did it for me when he was apart of the summer crap. Remember according to Labron they have already won like 8 titles.

Farmersfan
06-05-2011, 08:21 PM
People talk about Lebron traveling good grief Kidd.

Really? J. Kidds uncalled shuffle of his feet on ONE play cancels the 1000's of Labron's travels in your mind???

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Really? J. Kidds uncalled shuffle of his feet on ONE play cancels the 1000's of Labron's travels in your mind??? 1000? lol ok Mavs fans should have 0 complaints about this first half.

orange machine
06-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Yea that David Robinson and Manu Ginobli sucked
Are you frakin kidding Ginobli you are comparing Ginobli to Labron and Wade serious? Again atleast the Spurs used what they had and built from the bottom up the Heat just went out and bought 2 more super stars to add 3 to the mix. What as a fan is spectacular about your team going out and having to buy yourself to this point.

orange machine
06-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Again the Heat should win it all but if they don't it will be one of the biggest failures in sports history and they deserve that title for sure. Even if they win there accomplishment if you can call it that will always be tarnished because of the way they had to do it.

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Are you frakin kidding Ginobli you are comparing Ginobli to Labron and Wade serious? Again atleast the Spurs used what they had and built from the bottom up the Heat just went out and bought 2 more super stars to add 3 to the mix. What as a fan is spectacular about your team going out and having to buy yourself to this point. Ginobli wasnt a superstar? No I didnt compare him to Wade or Lebron but you act like Tim Duncan had 0 help and thats just dumb. Ginobli and Parker were great on those finals teams.

forum_guy
06-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Are you frakin kidding Ginobli you are comparing Ginobli to Labron and Wade serious? Again atleast the Spurs used what they had and built from the bottom up the Heat just went out and bought 2 more super stars to add 3 to the mix. What as a fan is spectacular about your team going out and having to buy yourself to this point.

Colin Cowherd had something to say for you idiots that say stuff like this. Do you think in any occupation you would just want to settle and stay put just to stay put? For example would it be wrong for a doctor to want to work at the best or one of the best hospitals in the united states. All of the best in any occupation would want to be involved with the best or excel at a higher level. It does suck they teamed up but its not against the rules man

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Colin Cowherd had something to say for you idiots that say stuff like this. Do you think in any occupation you would just want to settle and stay put just to stay put? For example would it be wrong for a doctor to want to work at the best or one of the best hospitals in the united states. All of the best in any occupation would want to be involved with the best or excel at a higher level. It does suck they teamed up but its not against the rules man isnt it funny how Bosh becomes Moses Malone in his prime when people want to dimisnish Leborn and Wade.

Farmersfan
06-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Second game in a row the Mavs come out of the halftime playing horrible ball. How does this happen?

coach
06-05-2011, 08:37 PM
I like when ppl say athletes are in it for the money. Well, it is their job. How many of you have left a job bc the other one paid better?

orange machine
06-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Ginobli wasnt a superstar? No I didnt compare him to Wade or Lebron but you act like Tim Duncan had 0 help and thats just dumb. Ginobli and Parker were great on those finals teams.
Of course Duncan had help just like Jordan but other than Jordan there were no other super stars.

Farmersfan
06-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Colin Cowherd had something to say for you idiots that say stuff like this. Do you think in any occupation you would just want to settle and stay put just to stay put? For example would it be wrong for a doctor to want to work at the best or one of the best hospitals in the united states. All of the best in any occupation would want to be involved with the best or excel at a higher level. It does suck they teamed up but its not against the rules man

Listening to Cowherd was your first mistake! :D

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Of course Duncan had help just like Jordan but other than Jordan there were no other super stars. Scottie Pippen?

Farmersfan
06-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by coach
I like when ppl say athletes are in it for the money. Well, it is their job. How many of you have left a job bc the other one paid better?

Labron and Bosh left for LESS money!!!

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 08:41 PM
I take back what I said about Bosh earlier look how bad his eye looks.

forum_guy
06-05-2011, 08:43 PM
game 2 comeback means absolutely nothing if they the lose this game

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 08:45 PM
The Heat should destroy every team they play since they went out and bought there way this far and to say they didn't is a flat out lie. Lakers did it back a few years ago also with O'Neal and all the other super stars. At least teams like San Antonio did it with 1 super star then a bunch of role players like the Mavs are trying to do. Mavs have a higer payroll

coach
06-05-2011, 08:47 PM
miami's offense gets worse as the shot clock gets lower. when they attack early i the shot clock they are great. when they wait until 10 sec or so they can't produce at all.

orange machine
Scottie Pippen?

What about him he was a good player but not in Jordan, James or Wades league try again. Fact is the Heat have bought there way here and we all know it.

TheDOCTORdre
Again the Heat should win it all but if they don't it will be one of the biggest failures in sports history and they deserve that title for sure. Even if they win there accomplishment if you can call it that will always be tarnished because of the way they had to do it.

tarnished? how so?

orange machine
06-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Mavs have a higer payroll
Who gives a crap Miami bought James and Bosh cause they couldn't win with out them.

TheDOCTORdre
06-05-2011, 08:48 PM
What about him he was a good player but not in Jordan, James or Wades league try again. Fact is the Heat have bought there way here and we all know it.

and they didn't break any rules doing it. Its sad that you are looking to give the Mavs an excuse already for when they lose the series

TheDOCTORdre
06-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Who gives a crap Miami bought James and Bosh cause they couldn't win with out them.

shame on a team trying to win a championship

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
shame on a team trying to win a championship Dont feed the troll.

forum_guy
06-05-2011, 08:51 PM
idiots that say miami bought a championship need to realize if bosh or james wanted to go to dallas they would drop to their knees to get them

BaseballUmp
06-05-2011, 08:54 PM
OM

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/andymac23/smh2.gif

orange machine
06-05-2011, 08:55 PM
So mature I go against what y'all think and y'all act like children calling me names grow up!

99IHSMustang
06-05-2011, 08:56 PM
W00t!! Way to come back and tie it up Mavs.

Farmersfan
06-05-2011, 08:56 PM
BS call on Chandler. Wade gets the call every single time he drives.

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 08:59 PM
So mature I go against what y'all think and y'all act like children calling me names grow up! What your doing is called trolling a message board. Therefore dont feed the troll.

Farmersfan
06-05-2011, 08:59 PM
W00t!! Way to come back and tie it up Mavs.

As soon as they tie it up Dirk goes out for a rest. Hope that doesn't hurt!

orange machine
06-05-2011, 09:02 PM
What your doing is called trolling a message board. Therefore dont feed the troll.
I started the thread if you don't like it get off of it!

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 09:05 PM
I started the thread if you don't like it get off of it! The thread is about game 3 of the NBA Finals all your doing is tyring to kill the Miami Heat players and talk about how they are horrible people.

BaseballUmp
06-05-2011, 09:05 PM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii71/natesdc291/maximum_trolling.gif

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Miami needs to get back to how they started the game got away from playing to their strengths a little bit.

TheDOCTORdre
06-05-2011, 09:07 PM
ump, thanks alot I just had a seizure

forum_guy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot

An idiot is a mentally deficient person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way. Archaically the word Orange Machine has also been used.

orange machine
The thread is about game 3 of the NBA Finals all your doing is tyring to kill the Miami Heat players and talk about how they are horrible people.
I never said they are horrible people and wouldn't say that all I've said is Miami has bought there way here. I don't see were that is saying anybody is horrible try again.

Farmersfan
06-05-2011, 09:08 PM
In case you guys don't know it, there is quite a game going on right now!!! :)

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 09:09 PM
I never said they are horrible people and wouldn't say that all I've said is Miami has bought there way here. I don't see were that is saying anybody is horrible try again. Everyone bought there way to here it is pro sports they are all getting paid.

BaseballUmp
06-05-2011, 09:10 PM
ump, thanks alot I just had a seizure

Haha great

Phil C
06-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Mavs are hanging close but I don't think they are going to pull it out this time. I think Heat is about to pull it away.

99IHSMustang
06-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Mavs are hanging close but I don't think they are going to pull it out this time. I think Heat is about to pull it away.

Cmon Phil their is still a whole qtr left.

orange machine
06-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Its Dirk time!!!!!!!!!

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Real Steel LMAO havent seen something that dumb in a long time.

Farmersfan
06-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Cmon Phil their is still a whole qtr left.

They are getting some wide open shots but they aren't hitting them. JJ has to start making the shot. So far he is shooting 25% from the feild and 20% from 3pt range.

99IHSMustang
06-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Doh... and just like that. Heat up by 7 :doh:

coach
06-05-2011, 09:23 PM
They are getting some wide open shots but they aren't hitting them. JJ has to start making the shot. So far he is shooting 25% from the feild and 20% from 3pt range.

i dont know about you but the mavs effort is awful right now...

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 09:23 PM
i dont know about you but the mavs effort is awful right now... What was Terry doing on that contested shot?

orange machine
06-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Why do the Mavericks make it so difficult for themselves?

Farmersfan
06-05-2011, 09:26 PM
i dont know about you but the mavs effort is awful right now...

It's time for a run of their own. It's not like the Heat are shutting them down. They are just missing wide open shots.

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 09:28 PM
this is getting ridiculous.

STANG RED
06-05-2011, 09:30 PM
If they ever decide to bring back The Adams Family, Dirk would make a great Lurch. :D

Phil C
06-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Dallas has come within three with just over 4 minutes left. It is a great effort but I don't think they will do it. I would love to be wrong but unfortunately I always seem to have a feel for these sort of things. :(

orange machine
06-05-2011, 09:32 PM
You know I'm disappointed in the Heat for all the super stars they actually arnt that good. Mavs start playing better they kill the Heat. The heat actual suck they might have the best players ever and suck. They should be winning by 20 points.

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 09:35 PM
You know I'm disappointed in the Heat for all the super stars they actually arnt that good. Mavs start playing better they kill the Heat. The heat actual suck they might have the best players ever and suck. They should be winning by 20 points. lol

BaseballUmp
06-05-2011, 09:35 PM
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa391/synner313/tumblr_lcg532zrYi1qby0j9.gif

Farmersfan
06-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Haslem and the Heat have been over the back this whole game and it's just now getting called. I guess better late than never.

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Im sorry but this is horrible!!!!!!!!!!

TheDOCTORdre
06-05-2011, 09:39 PM
this is Wade v. Nowitzki

Farmersfan
06-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Im sorry but this is horrible!!!!!!!!!!

What's horrible?

BaseballUmp
06-05-2011, 09:41 PM
this is Wade v. Nowitzki

Nowitzkli v. Wade...

Wade never wins

TheDOCTORdre
06-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Nowitzkli v. Wade...

Wade never wins

2006 finals ring a bell

BaseballUmp
06-05-2011, 09:44 PM
2006 finals ring a bell

Roe v. Wade :doh:

TheDOCTORdre
06-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Roe v. Wade :doh:

:clap: that was clever

Phil C
06-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Unfortunately I was right. Still Mavs were tough but the series is over.

coach
crap

Old Tiger
dirk choked with that late terrible turnover and that poor shot.

BaseballUmp
06-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Should have drove and drawn a foul

99IHSMustang
Se la vi. Get ready for game 4.

eagles_victory
Originally posted by Old Tiger
dirk choked with that late terrible turnover and that poor shot. That was a miscommunication on the pass.

eagleqb_14
good game mavs

Txbroadcaster
exciting and ugly game

orange machine
06-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Fun game Heat still don't deserve anything. By the way Labron is not as good as Jordan no way.

Txbroadcaster
06-05-2011, 09:49 PM
dirk choked with that late terrible turnover and that poor shot.

as Van Gundy pointed out..Marion was in the corner then left his spot because he thought Dirk was shooting.

Old Tiger
06-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Fun game Heat still don't deserve anything. By the way Labron is not as good as Jordan no way. OMG NO WAIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil C
06-05-2011, 09:51 PM
You know I'm disappointed in the Heat for all the super stars they actually arnt that good. Mavs start playing better they kill the Heat. The heat actual suck they might have the best players ever and suck. They should be winning by 20 points.

orange has a point because the Heat have three of the dominate players and yet they are barely beat the Bulls and are barely able to beat a Mavs team that is not at their best. The Heat have had close games and haven't dominated like great teams such as Kobe and Shaq at LA and Jordan and Pippen at Chicago. Plus except for the Bulls the Heat has an easier shot at the finals.

BaseballUmp
06-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Fun game Heat still don't deserve anything. By the way Labron is not as good as Jordan no way.

Tired of seeing it...it's LeBron not Labron

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 09:53 PM
orange has a point because the Heat have three of the dominate players and yet they are barely beat the Bulls and are barely able to beat a Mavs team that is not at their best. The Heat have had close games and haven't dominated like great teams such as Kobe and Shaq at LA and Jordan and Pippen at Chicago. Plus except for the Bulls the Heat has an easier shot at the finals. Kobe and Shaq had to go to 7 games to make the finals in the WCF in 2 of the 3 times they made it.

bobcat1
06-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Tired of seeing it...it's LeBron not Labron Who cares?

bobcat1
06-05-2011, 10:00 PM
After that all I got to say is Dammit.

orange machine
06-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Facts are Maimi has way more talent and better team and yet they don't play like it. Again the Heat should win the title because they are so far better than everybody else so really it's not even one bit exciting that they are here or even win it all atleast from a sports fan perspective. It's exciting if your against the Heat because it's David vs Goliath but if they win it all they have done nothing special and Bosh, Wade and James will always have to live with the fact that they couldn't be the one big stud to get it done they had to have other super stars to get it done.

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Facts are Maimi has way more talent and better team and yet they don't play like it. Again the Heat should win the title because they are so far better than everybody else so really it's not even one bit exciting that they are here or even win it all atleast from a sports fan perspective. It's exciting if your against the Heat because it's David vs Goliath but if they win it all they have done nothing special and Bosh, Wade and James will always have to live with the fact that they couldn't be the one big stud to get it done they had to have other super stars to get it done. No those aren't facts those are opinions. And Wade did win it as the "big stud" remember 06.

TheDOCTORdre
06-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Facts are Maimi has way more talent and better team and yet they don't play like it. Again the Heat should win the title because they are so far better than everybody else so really it's not even one bit exciting that they are here or even win it all atleast from a sports fan perspective. It's exciting if your against the Heat because it's David vs Goliath but if they win it all they have done nothing special and Bosh, Wade and James will always have to live with the fact that they couldn't be the one big stud to get it done they had to have other super stars to get it done.

Yeah I bet they wont be able to look themselves in the mirror after they win the championship...and I bet Dirk will take pride in the fact that he lost as the one big stud on his team.

Txbroadcaster
06-05-2011, 10:05 PM

the whole one big stud winning a NBA title is such a urban legend..look at the 80's Lakers, Celtics, and Sixers..all loaded with talent...the Bill Russell Celtics won because they were far and away the most talented team

The Spurs for all the talk of Duncan had Parker and Vinnie

The Celtics had their big 3 this time as well

The legend of MJ has people believeing a team wins with one superstar and alot of good players..that is the hardest way to win a title and has RARELY been done. ( Kobe being the closest one in last 15 years)

orange machine
06-05-2011, 10:06 PM
No those aren't facts those are opinions. And Wade did win it as the "big stud" remember 06.
Hmm I think there was only one of the best centers ever with him O'Neal.

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 10:07 PM
the whole one big stud winning a NBA title is such a urban legend..look at the 80's Lakers, Celtics, and Sixers..all loaded with talent...the Bill Russell Celtics won because they were far and away the most talented team

The legend of MJ has people believeing a team wins with one superstar and alot of good players..that is the hardest way to win a title and has RARELY been done. ( Kobe being the closest one in last 15 years) Pau Gasol was the most skilled big man in the game that plays downlow (not counting Dirk he plays more like a guard)

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Hmm I think there was only one of the best centers ever with him O'Neal. who was finished lol Wade averaged 35 points a game do some research quit talking out of your arse.

orange machine
06-05-2011, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Yeah I bet they wont be able to look themselves in the mirror after they win the championship...and I bet Dirk will take pride in the fact that he lost as the one big stud on his team. [/
Much bigger accomplishment if you are Dirk and win it all vs being the Heat who have to have 3 super stars to make sure they get it.

orange machine
06-05-2011, 10:12 PM
who was finished lol Wade averaged 35 points a game do some research quit talking out of your arse.

Your talking crap now Oneal was finished don't think so.

Old Tiger
06-05-2011, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Yeah I bet they wont be able to look themselves in the mirror after they win the championship...and I bet Dirk will take pride in the fact that he lost as the one big stud on his team. [/
Much bigger accomplishment if you are Dirk and win it all vs being the Heat who have to have 3 super stars to make sure they get it. IMO Dallas will never win a championship because all they have is Dirk. Name an NBA player who single handly won a title without a supporting cast in the last 20 year?

I'll wait for your answer.

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Your talking crap now Oneal was finished don't think so. D Wade had 35 a game and the highest PER in NBA finals history yea he was the man.

Txbroadcaster
06-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Pau Gasol was the most skilled big man in the game that plays downlow (not counting Dirk he plays more like a guard)

that is why I said closest to doing it was Kobe and not outright that he did

orange machine
06-05-2011, 10:15 PM

The legend of MJ has people believeing a team wins with one superstar and alot of good players..that is the hardest way to win a title and has RARELY been done. ( Kobe being the closest one in last 15 years)

The difference between all those teams and the Heat those teams had there stud the 1 or 2 others that fed off the big superstar. The Heat have 3 legit players that would be the big one on any other team.

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 10:16 PM
The difference between all those teams and the Heat those teams had there stud the 1 or 2 others that fed off the big superstar. The Heat have 3 legit players that would be the big one on any other team. Bosh had led his team to the playoffs in the weak eastern conference either once or twice in 7 years he isnt a superstar Dennis Rodman who played with Jordan for 3 titles was much better than Bosh.

orange machine
06-05-2011, 10:17 PM
D Wade had 35 a game and the highest PER in NBA finals history yea he was the man.
He may have been the man but the Mavs had to account for Oneal and he caused the Mavs problems in the paint rebounding.

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 10:19 PM
He may have been the man but the Mavs had to account for Oneal and he caused the Mavs problems in the paint rebounding. Heat have to account for Tyson Chandler rebounding he is averaging more rebounds in the playoffs than Shaq did that year does that make him the Mavs second superstar?

orange machine
06-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Bosh had led his team to the playoffs in the weak eastern conference either once or twice in 7 years he isnt a superstar Dennis Rodman who played with Jordan for 3 titles was much better than Bosh.
Maybe at rebounding and fouls but that's it. Bosh might not be as good as Wade or James but he is a top 5 power forward and yes on most teams would be the big one.

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Maybe at rebounding and fouls but that's it. Bosh might not be as good as Wade or James but he is a top 5 power forward and yes on most teams would be the big one. Rodman was one of the best defensive power forwards of all time. Tyson Chandler is a top 5 center in the league if being top 5 in your position is all that matters than there is your second superstar Dallas.

orange machine
06-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Heat have to account for Tyson Chandler rebounding he is averaging more rebounds in the playoffs than Shaq did that year does that make him the Mavs second superstar?
Come on dude you know like everybody else that the Heat are loaded and would not be in this game if it wasn't for the Bosh and James coming to Miami.

BaseballUmp
06-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Maybe at rebounding and fouls but that's it. Bosh might not be as good as Wade or James but he is a top 5 power forward and yes on most teams would be the big one.

Rodman is going into the hall of fame...not sure Bosh will

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Come on dude you know like everybody else that the Heat are loaded and would not be in this game if it wasn't for the Bosh and James coming to Miami. Obviously that is why they went out in the first round last year that is why teams try to get better in the offseason what is Pat Riley suppose to do so no thank you to Bron and Bosh?

Old Tiger
06-05-2011, 10:35 PM
In 06 finals Shaq averaged 13.6 ppg and 10.2 rpg.

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 10:43 PM
In 06 finals Shaq averaged 13.6 ppg and 10.2 rpg. Orange Machine admitted he hardly ever watched basketball like 2 weeks ago now he is acting like an NBA historian smdh

Old Tiger
06-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Orange Machine admitted he hardly ever watched basketball like 2 weeks ago now he is acting like an NBA historian smdh In game 6 where they Heat won it then Shaq had only 9 points and 12 rebounds.

Game 2 was his worst game of the series where he had 5 points and 6 rebounds.

His best game was game 5 where he 18 and 12.

TheDOCTORdre
06-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Much bigger accomplishment if you are Dirk and win it all vs being the Heat who have to have 3 super stars to make sure they get it. [/B]

that being said who loses more sleep the Heat with their "bought" championship or Dirk without a championship...who cares how big of an accomplishment it is, at the end of the day its only about the rings

BaseballUmp
06-05-2011, 10:49 PM
that being said who loses more sleep the Heat with their "bought" championship or Dirk without a championship...who cares how big of an accomplishment it is, at the end of the day its only about the rings

And the girls

TheDOCTORdre
06-05-2011, 10:53 PM
And the girls

unless you get HIV

Old Tiger
06-05-2011, 10:54 PM
unless you get HIV unless your magic johnson

BaseballUmp
06-05-2011, 10:54 PM
unless you get HIV

You can't wash that stuff off

orange machine
06-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Orange Machine admitted he hardly ever watched basketball like 2 weeks ago now he is acting like an NBA historian smdh

Just because I dont watch basketball much doesnt mean I know nothing about it or some of the history of the game. I really wouldnt care that the Heat are in the finals except for the fact that they made such a show out of it last summer like a freaking 3 ring circus. If James and Bosh would have just went to the Heat and been humble about it instead of James having his stupid 30 minutes of air time to announce to the world that he was taken his talents to south beach and then the big party with the 3 answering all the questions at the party like they had actually done something. I want the Mavericks to win the title but i want the Heat to lose more. Crap what the Heat pulled last summer and all this year is why pro sports is starting to get worse and worse. If i had to choose between going to a sports game or high school i woulod choose high school everytime because its pure and not all money and fame driven.

Old Tiger
06-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Just because I dont watch basketball much doesnt mean I know nothing about it or some of the history of the game. I really wouldnt care that the Heat are in the finals except for the fact that they made such a show out of it last summer like a freaking 3 ring circus. If James and Bosh would have just went to the Heat and been humble about it instead of James having his stupid 30 minutes of air time to announce to the world that he was taken his talents to south beach and then the big party with the 3 answering all the questions at the party like they had actually done something. I want the Mavericks to win the title but i want the Heat to lose more. Crap what the Heat pulled last summer and all this year is why pro sports is starting to get worse and worse. If i had to choose between going to a sports game or high school i woulod choose high school everytime because its pure and not all money and fame driven. Some say if you don't know everything about a subject then you don't know anything about it.

orange machine
06-05-2011, 11:37 PM
Some say if you don't know everything about a subject then you don't know anything about it.

Guess its a good thing that i dont give a crap about what people say then!

forum_guy
06-05-2011, 11:51 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot

An idiot is a mentally deficient person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way. Archaically the word Orange Machine has also been used.

orange machine
06-06-2011, 12:49 AM
Love the maturity on this thread. If we are gonna call each other names we might as well get out from behind the key board and meet up somewhere and handle up on the problem. Crap I got all the time in the world right now since I got laid off a few weeks ago. Now that I dont have insurance I cant take my medication and I tend to go a little Bipolar every now and then.:evil:

SintonFan
06-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Guess its a good thing that i dont give a crap about what people say then!

Not a bad thing, when in certain situations.:nerd: :) :D

orange machine
06-06-2011, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Not a bad thing, when in certain situations.:nerd: :) :D

If its not my wife telling me then it really no longer matters anymore.:D

Phil C
06-06-2011, 01:48 AM
Don't count the Mavs out just yet. I still feel the Heat is going to win it all but if the Mavs play as well as they are capable they could suprise a lot of people. Before the series start I though the Heat would win because of the great talent they have but now I think they will win now more because the Mavs have yet to play near what they are capable. So it is now more the Mavs to lose that the Heat to win. But the Mavs must win game 4. A good close game won't do the job unless it is a win. There is no way they will come back 1-3. I still think the Heat will win but who knows? Maybe I will be wrong.

eagles_victory
06-06-2011, 02:23 AM
Don't count the Mavs out just yet. I still feel the Heat is going to win it all but if the Mavs play as well as they are capable they could suprise a lot of people. Before the series start I though the Heat would win because of the great talent they have but now I think they will win now more because the Mavs have yet to play near what they are capable. So it is now more the Mavs to lose that the Heat to win. But the Mavs must win game 4. A good close game won't do the job unless it is a win. There is no way they will come back 1-3. I still think the Heat will win but who knows? Maybe I will be wrong. Your logic is flawed.

orange machine
06-06-2011, 03:20 AM
I see what he is saying and agree. The Mavs have yet to put together a full game that they play good in all game. Dirk is doing his part but everybody else acts like this is there first time at this. Kidd is turning the ball over more and doesn't seem to be making good decisions at times. Terry needs to be scoring 20 a game and stop jacking up 3's with someone in his face. Berea had been playing like a maniac and now he is missing 10 footers. Peja might aswell not even put on the uniform. Deshawn is shooting great from behind the arc but he plays about 12 min a game 6 min in the 1st qt and 6 min in 3rd why Rick isn't playing him more is beyond me. He is shooting good and one of there better defenders. The turnovers are still a huge problem and fast break points. Really the Heat have done nothing special when the Mavs play good defense and take care of the ball the Heat fall apart. The Mavs vets who have been here before need to start playing like it cause it's gonna get out of control quick.

eagles_victory
06-06-2011, 04:04 AM
I see what he is saying and agree. The Mavs have yet to put together a full game that they play good in all game. Dirk is doing his part but everybody else acts like this is there first time at this. Kidd is turning the ball over more and doesn't seem to be making good decisions at times. Terry needs to be scoring 20 a game and stop jacking up 3's with someone in his face. Berea had been playing like a maniac and now he is missing 10 footers. Peja might aswell not even put on the uniform. Deshawn is shooting great from behind the arc but he plays about 12 min a game 6 min in the 1st qt and 6 min in 3rd why Rick isn't playing him more is beyond me. He is shooting good and one of there better defenders. The turnovers are still a huge problem and fast break points. Really the Heat have done nothing special when the Mavs play good defense and take care of the ball the Heat fall apart. The Mavs vets who have been here before need to start playing like it cause it's gonna get out of control quick. Kidd gets wild with the ball at times he killed them vs Denver a few years ago just being silly with the ball.I still say part of the Mavericks big problem is the speed of the Heat defense and how quick their rotations are it is something noone else in the league does. With that being said you are right on a few things. Sit Peja he needs to start getting DNP. Play Stevenson more like 20 to 25 minutes. It is looking like it has struck midnight on JJ Bareas cindrella story he should still play but quit running so much through him.Terry is so feast or famine right now also he has to be smarter.He has made stupid plays that have hurt his team in all 3 games.

Farmersfan
06-06-2011, 06:34 AM
Don't count the Mavs out just yet. I still feel the Heat is going to win it all but if the Mavs play as well as they are capable they could suprise a lot of people. Before the series start I though the Heat would win because of the great talent they have but now I think they will win now more because the Mavs have yet to play near what they are capable. So it is now more the Mavs to lose that the Heat to win. But the Mavs must win game 4. A good close game won't do the job unless it is a win. There is no way they will come back 1-3. I still think the Heat will win but who knows? Maybe I will be wrong.

According to Magic Johnson we have already seen the best the Mavs can give and the Heat beat them.

Phil C
06-06-2011, 08:17 AM
According to Magic Johnson we have already seen the best the Mavs can give and the Heat beat them.

Magic Johnson has been wrong once in a while. I admit he is a better judge but then even the best riders get thrown by broncos once in a while.

Farmersfan
06-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Magic Johnson has been wrong once in a while. I admit he is a better judge but then even the best riders get thrown by broncos once in a while.

I'm pretty sure Magic Johnson hasn't watched too many Mavs games this season. It is obvious that just like everyone else in the media he has bought into the Heat Hype.

Here is a guy who hits on the pulse of America concerning the Heat. Even if they win the title I think they cement their legacy as the most hated team in NBA history. Even surpassing the bad boys of the Pistons.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/724559-nba-finals-five-reasons-lebron-james-and-the-miami-heat-deserve-to-lose#/articles/724559-nba-finals-five-reasons-lebron-james-and-the-miami-heat-deserve-to-lose

MGAR
06-06-2011, 08:43 AM
If it weren't for miracle play by the German this series would be 3-0..

I for one am ready for the Heat to finish them Mortal Combat style so Sportscenter will be ok to watch again.

icu812
06-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Big win for the Heat they played much better as a team this game. Wade is amazing.

The Mavs need to have better games from somebody not named Dirk. Jet and JJ need to make their shots when they are open or least shoot 50% on wide open shots.

Its obvious Magic Johnson hasn't watched the Mavs enough this season to know if they played the best game or not. I've watched them all season and not only did they not play their best they didn't even play very well. There entire team shot poorly. How could that be their best? It wasn't like they got great games from anybody besides Dirk.

Macarthur
06-06-2011, 10:39 AM
This series isn't over, yet.

Old Tiger
06-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
This series isn't over, yet. Statistically speaking it is.

Macarthur
06-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Statistically speaking it is.

What's your point?

In every sense of the word, this series is not over.

Farmersfan
06-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Statistically speaking it is.

Which brings up another big question. If when the series is tied 1-1 the winner of game 3 wins the series 100% of the time then what does that say about the format? Isn't it the goal to make the playoffs the most competitive it can be?

What would be a better format than this one for a 7 game series?

Farmersfan
06-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
What's your point?

In every sense of the word, this series is not over.

Statistics show that the last 11 times the series was tied going into game 3 the winner of that game won the series 100% of the time. But this is only a sampling of 11 series. hardly a overwhelming pile of evidence.

Also Statistics show that in the last 16 meetings between these two team the Mavericks have won 14 of them........ Isn't this a better pile of evidence? :D :D

Macarthur
06-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Yeah, I got that.

I just think these teams are much closer than the casual look might tell you.

Old Tiger
06-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Which brings up another big question. If when the series is tied 1-1 the winner of game 3 wins the series 100% of the time then what does that say about the format? Isn't it the goal to make the playoffs the most competitive it can be?

What would be a better format than this one for a 7 game series? This is the best format because its true home court advantage.

forum_guy
06-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Mavs fans are hilarious. At first all we were hearing is how they are the better team and will win the series and now they are down 2-1 and we are starting to hear more and more now that the heat bought this championship. Kinda funny if you ask me.

Emerson1
06-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Mavs fans are hilarious. At first all we were hearing is how they are the better team and will win the series and now they are down 2-1 and we are starting to hear more and more now that the heat bought this championship. Kinda funny if you ask me.
lol. It's funny because you don't have a clue.

Macarthur
06-06-2011, 01:07 PM

Revisionist history is great, isn't it.

TheDOCTORdre
06-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Crap what the Heat pulled last summer and all this year is why pro sports is starting to get worse and worse. If i had to choose between going to a sports game or high school i woulod choose high school everytime because its pure and not all money and fame driven.

many top high school seniors basically have the same type of decision conference when they decide what college to go to, so I guess pretty soon you will be left without an sports to watch

TheDOCTORdre
06-06-2011, 01:20 PM

if they could make travel work the 2-2-1-1-1 is the best system but when you get to the finals the east/west thing makes the travel more convenient in the 2-3-2 format

coach
06-06-2011, 02:46 PM
is it just me or was the d everyone is calling great by haslem not that great. yes, he prevented him from going to the whole unlike bosh did in game 2. but if you watch the 6'8 haslem didnt even jump. if dirk hits that show whould they be saying haslem gave him too much "air space"?

orange machine
06-06-2011, 02:49 PM
is it just me or was the d everyone is calling great by haslem not that great. yes, he prevented him from going to the whole unlike bosh did in game 2. but if you watch the 6'8 haslem didnt even jump. if dirk hits that show whould they be saying haslem gave him too much "air space"?

Only James, Wade and Bosh are good the rest of the team doesnt even matter. Remember the circus show it was only the 3 none of the other teammates were invited.

eagles_victory
06-06-2011, 02:55 PM
is it just me or was the d everyone is calling great by haslem not that great. yes, he prevented him from going to the whole unlike bosh did in game 2. but if you watch the 6'8 haslem didnt even jump. if dirk hits that show whould they be saying haslem gave him too much "air space"? That is great defense your not going to block Dirk all you can do is deny him and if he gets the ball force him to take a tough shot and hope he misses. You dont want to get up in the air and have Dirk jump into you unless you are Lebron James that is a foul everytime.

eagles_victory
06-06-2011, 02:56 PM

What would be a better format than this one for a 7 game series? I kind of agree but it is what it is.

coach
06-06-2011, 05:53 PM
That is great defense your not going to block Dirk all you can do is deny him and if he gets the ball force him to take a tough shot and hope he misses. You dont want to get up in the air and have Dirk jump into you unless you are Lebron James that is a foul everytime.

you are right it was great defense. i guess what i am trying to say is i have seen better contested shots on dirk in the past. hell i guess it was good enoug bc he missed and thats the only thing that matters

coach
06-06-2011, 05:55 PM

how about a 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 format?

TheDOCTORdre
06-06-2011, 05:58 PM
they could go 7 days, 7 games on a neutral court

Roughneck93
06-06-2011, 06:03 PM
they could go 7 days, 7 games on a neutral court

Not a bad idea. :thinking:

Emerson1
06-06-2011, 07:05 PM
He didn't let dirk catch it at his spot on the elbow. I wish they would have set up a play for a 3 and the win. Dirk in to Kidd, Kidd gets it back to Dirk for a 3 like against the lakers a few years ago.

coach
06-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
He didn't let dirk catch it at his spot on the elbow. I wish they would have set up a play for a 3 and the win. Dirk in to Kidd, Kidd gets it back to Dirk for a 3 like against the lakers a few years ago.

i really thought they would go for the win too

eagles_victory
06-06-2011, 10:44 PM
i really thought they would go for the win too Dirk has been money in that situation doing exactly what he did last night so I figured that is what they would do.

Farmersfan
06-07-2011, 08:58 AM

I was talking with some friends on this subject. We all agreed that Dirk has seen tougher defense in the previous series except for the double team. The heat double team is awesome and the defense in the passing lanes is much better. but they only double Dirk about 20% fo the time and he isn't really taking advantage of it. Dirk needs to force them to double him. He can beat Haslem, Bosh and the others at will. He just seems too timid early in these games. He goes off late but it's too late most of the time. Just a couple more made baskets in these games and the Mavs win.

Txbroadcaster
06-07-2011, 10:26 AM
I was talking with some friends on this subject. We all agreed that Dirk has seen tougher defense in the previous series except for the double team. The heat double team is awesome and the defense in the passing lanes is much better. but they only double Dirk about 20% fo the time and he isn't really taking advantage of it. Dirk needs to force them to double him. He can beat Haslem, Bosh and the others at will. He just seems too timid early in these games. He goes off late but it's too late most of the time. Just a couple more made baskets in these games and the Mavs win.

I think they have been doubling him more than 20%..not sure how your seeing he is being timid early..is he scoring alot early..no, but I dont think it is being timid I think he is trying to get others involved

Farmersfan
06-07-2011, 11:17 AM
I think they have been doubling him more than 20%..not sure how your seeing he is being timid early..is he scoring alot early..no, but I dont think it is being timid I think he is trying to get others involved

Man, you simply can't allow anyone to say anything negative about Dirk can you? YES HE IS BEING TIMID early in these games. Change the wording to "Getting others involved" if it makes you feel better. He is taking less shots, scoring less points and being WAY less aggressive in the first half of every game in the finals so far. THAT is called being more timid......................

Txbroadcaster
06-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Man, you simply can't allow anyone to say anything negative about Dirk can you? YES HE IS BEING TIMID early in these games. Change the wording to "Getting others involved" if it makes you feel better. He is taking less shots, scoring less points and being WAY less aggressive in the first half of every game in the finals so far. THAT is called being more timid......................

no actually being timid means being scared or fearful or hesitant..sorry but I dont think Dirk has been any of those..big difference in someone waiting for the game to come to them involving others ir being afraid and intimadated.

It is just like your usage of effort the other night..I think more people would agree with you if you used the right words..big difference in a team having bad execution or having bad effort..one is saying they are making mistakes, the other is saying they are not trying

coach
06-07-2011, 11:47 AM

yea he is being timid just like their effort is terrible....sorry your credibility went down the drain a long time ago. besides we all know you don't have any friends

Farmersfan
06-07-2011, 06:46 PM
no actually being timid means being scared or fearful or hesitant..sorry but I dont think Dirk has been any of those..big difference in someone waiting for the game to come to them involving others ir being afraid and intimadated.

It is just like your usage of effort the other night..I think more people would agree with you if you used the right words..big difference in a team having bad execution or having bad effort..one is saying they are making mistakes, the other is saying they are not trying

Can you be taught? We will see.

Timid:

"people who are fearful and cautious;"
"showing fear and lack of confidence"
"indicating shyness or fear"

Effort:

"A vigorous or determined attempt."
"The result of an attempt."
"conscious exertion of power : hard work"
"a serious attempt"
"something produced by exertion or trying"
"the total work done to achieve a particular end"

So if the result isn't what one expects then the effort in obtaining that result comes into question. Execution is almost completely dependent on effort and technique. The Mavs got beat to most loose balls, didn't get into their lanes on D, didn't crash the boards on offensive shots, got beat down the court many, many times and about 100 other things that are directly the result of EFFORT............

forum_guy
06-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Or without doing research on vocabulary terms u could just say that based on starting 5 the heat talent level is better

Txbroadcaster
06-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Or without doing research on vocabulary terms u could just say that based on starting 5 the heat talent level is better

I think that is a given..Heat are more talented in the first 5..Mavs more talented 10 in..problem is Mavs bench has not been great...they are getting some production, but not enough