PDA

View Full Version : My son graduates tonight!

Cam
06-03-2011, 10:26 AM
and gosh darnit....I bet I'll be a cryin'......and momma will be makin' fun of me......better wear them sunglasses :cool:

Phil C
06-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Congratulations to the graduate!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bullaholic
06-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Cam
and gosh darnit....I bet I'll be a cryin'......and momma will be makin' fun of me......better wear them sunglasses :cool:

Congrats to your son, Cam, I know your family is proud.

greendawg84
06-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Cam

I will be right there with you , no pun intended.....

greendawg84
06-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Cam

At least you already have been thru it buddy , this is my first time so maybe you will make it dry eyed....

Cam
06-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by greendawg84
At least you already have been thru it buddy , this is my first time so maybe you will make it dry eyed....

doubt it! But it's all good. Even my Dr. saids it's good to let it all out! (the tears that is....) Especially good for the heart.

waterboy
06-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Congratulations, Cam, and when the emotion starts to get the best of you, just think about something else....;).....and pull yourself away from the moment.

I still have four more years before my firstborn graduates, and another one graduating three years after that. The good news is both of them have a very realistic shot at being Valedictorians of their classes, albeit at a 1A school, but I think they would have a realistic shot at a bigger school, too, with both having a 96.3+ grade average. My oldest has been the top student in her class all the way through her first eight grades, while my youngest has been the top student in her class for four of her first five grades. Both won top student awards this year.:clap:

bobcat1
06-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Congrats! Now comes the paying for education part.

SintonFan
06-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Congratulations!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Phantom Stang
06-03-2011, 10:54 AM
Congrats!!:clap:

Roughneck93
06-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Congrats! :clap: Don't worry about shedding a tear or two. I got a little teary eyed myself last week.

SHSBulldog00
06-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Congrats Cam, My second nephew graduates tonight. I know it will be tough on me cause he's going to college in Mississippi.

zebrablue2
06-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Cam

Congrats!!!

BLEEDZGREEN
06-04-2011, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Cam

BLEEDZGREEN
06-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Congrats Cam!!

SHSBulldog00
06-04-2011, 12:10 AM
Hey Cam, did you shed a tear like me?

LH Panther Mom
06-04-2011, 05:19 AM
Hey, nothing wrong with a tear or two! :p I shed a couple last night and I didn't even have a kid graduating!

coach
06-04-2011, 08:04 AM
congrats, was there any potential like at my bros graduation?

eagles_victory
06-04-2011, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by coach
congrats, was there any potential like at my bros graduation? Did Larry Baize shed any tears?

Cam
06-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Hey Cam, did you shed a tear like me?

Surprisingly, I didn't..but I got choked up a bit which I guess is the same thing. Especially when we went down on the field and starting getting hugs from my son and all his buddies. (especially all his teammates). I figured out as long as I didn't say much during the hugging I was OK on the choking up part. (cause as soon as I started talkin', I did wanna cry...) The ceremonies were awesome. This Senior class was an awesome group. During our valedictorian's speech, we had a low fly-over by a flock of Canada geese!! They were honkin' away. It was hilarious! Only in Burnet!! Plus, we got entertained by a very talented english teacher with a song he wrote for the students. A great show he did put on! Great voice & guitar player and the lyrics were special. That song could be a hit with any senior class....well, two down and one more to go...my awesome 11 year old son.