PDA

View Full Version : We live is such a screwed up world

Farmersfan
06-03-2011, 08:51 AM
There is a bill circulating through the State of California Government system that would effectly protect employees who want to cross dress on the job. The special interest group is trying to equate trans-gender with race, religion and gender.
What do you think?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/02/california-allow-cross-dressing-work-force/

Ernest T Bass
06-03-2011, 08:53 AM
Awww hell, no one tell G2! He'll be loadin' up the truck and movin' to Californey.

PPHSfan
06-03-2011, 08:57 AM
I think it's silly.

By silly I mean, it's silly that a law is needed to protect someone from not being allowed to wear a skirt.

What's next?

Will they need a law that "protects" people that want to wear white shoes before Easter?

PPHSfan
06-03-2011, 09:02 AM
It's a double standard.

Women can wear Anything and it's fashionable.

But men are only allowed trousers.

It's not fair.

Show some compassion.

LionFan72
06-03-2011, 09:09 AM
What the hell do you expect from the land of Nuts and Berries? No better time for them to slide off into the ocean, I meant sunset.........

Farmersfan
06-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I think it's silly.

By silly I mean, it's silly that a law is needed to protect someone from not being allowed to wear a skirt.

What's next?

Will they need a law that "protects" people that want to wear white shoes before Easter?

The fact that it is intended to protect ONLY this segment of society is what i have a problem with. A business can still enforce dresscode against Punk Rockers, Emo, Biker leathers, Traditional Native American garb and anything else they want to restrict except for a person dressing like the opposite sex. It's nonsense at it's best.

BaseballUmp
06-03-2011, 09:56 AM
My professor is a cross dresser...

Bullaholic
06-03-2011, 10:05 AM
I think it's silly.

What's next?

I have always admired you over the years for "walking" your talk, PPHSFan....:D

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/manskirt.jpg

PPHSfan
06-03-2011, 10:29 AM
You know me.

I tell it like I see it.

My only rule.

Freedom.

Txbroadcaster
06-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Why do people care what other people wear in public or do in privacy of their own home...To many "judges" in this country who think their crap dont stink and want to tell others how they should live.

STANG RED
06-03-2011, 11:55 AM
I believe in freedom as much or more than anyone. I also believe companies should have the freedom to institute dress codes as they see fit, and the freedom to fire anybodies sorry butt that refuses to comply. If this law is trying to take that freedom away from employers, I'm against it, otherwise I wouldnt care.

Farmersfan
06-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Why do people care what other people wear in public or do in privacy of their own home...To many "judges" in this country who think their crap dont stink and want to tell others how they should live.

"Privacy of their own homes"????? Show where this came into the discussion?
And in reality isn't this PEOPLE basically telling businesses how they will operate in the privacy of their own business? Geez.........You want to allow rules to be passed that prevents a business owner from making a decision about how he wants his business seen by his customers? this would be ok if it were for something genuine or important but the Right to wear transgender clothing? Seriously? The stupidity of this is beyond understanding in my opinion.

Farmersfan
06-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I believe in freedom as much or more than anyone. I also believe companies should have the freedom to institute dress codes as they see fit, and the freedom to fire anybodies sorry butt that refuses to comply. If this law is trying to take that freedom away from employers, I'm against it, otherwise I wouldnt care.

I agree! And I don't think we EVER had the freedom to wear whatever the hell we wanted to wear while on the job for an employer. Wouldn't this be forced Freedom of expression while on someone elses payroll?

TheDOCTORdre
06-03-2011, 03:41 PM
If this is the case then everyone who supports this better not be bitchin about saggy pants

SHSBulldog00
06-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72
What the hell do you expect from the land of Nuts and Berries? No better time for them to slide off into the ocean, I meant sunset.........

Here, Here
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

TheDOCTORdre
06-03-2011, 03:42 PM
and backward baseball hats

PPHSfan
06-03-2011, 03:58 PM

So it's ok for a woman to wear the suit that a man is allowed to wear to the office, but not ok for a man to wear the skirt that a woman is allowed to wear?

GreenMonster
06-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Men used to wear skirts, we just called them kilts. If the English palace can be guarded by men in skirts why shouldn't Americans be allowed to wear them as well? Are you calling Beefeaters un-manly??? Tell that to one of them!!!

STANG RED
06-03-2011, 06:09 PM
So it's ok for a woman to wear the suit that a man is allowed to wear to the office, but not ok for a man to wear the skirt that a woman is allowed to wear?

First, that isnt for you or I to decide. If a business owner wants to let his male employees wear dresses, then fine by me. If he does not want to allow it, then fine by me as well. Point is, the government has no right to tell him one way or the other.
Second, many professional businesses (lawyers offices, accountant firms, most any corporate office, etc...) require women to wear professional business attire, which includes a skirt, and men are supposed to wear suits. That is those business owners right to make those rules, and expect them to be followed. If you dont like or agree with it, you have every right to go work elsewhere.
The government has NO RIGHT to legislate to a business owner, how his employees should be allowed to dress.
If you cant see this, you simply do not value our freedoms nearly as much as I do. You may not care if the government constantly takes more and more of our freedoms away, but I'll fight it to my dyeing breath, and will always have a low regard for those who do not value those freedoms as much as I do.

LionFan72
06-03-2011, 11:59 PM
First, that isnt for you or I to decide. If a business owner wants to let his male employees wear dresses, then fine by me. If he does not want to allow it, then fine by me as well. Point is, the government has no right to tell him one way or the other.
Second, many professional businesses (lawyers offices, accountant firms, most any corporate office, etc...) require women to wear professional business attire, which includes a skirt, and men are supposed to wear suits. That is those business owners right to make those rules, and expect them to be followed. If you dont like or agree with it, you have every right to go work elsewhere.
The government has NO RIGHT to legislate to a business owner, how his employees should be allowed to dress.
If you cant see this, you simply do not value our freedoms nearly as much as I do. You may not care if the government constantly takes more and more of our freedoms away, but I'll fight it to my dyeing breath, and will always have a low regard for those who do not value those freedoms as much as I do.

Well done, Stang, I'll second your motion!

SintonFan
06-04-2011, 12:29 AM

Tell us why this is OK, at least the second part...:nerd:

LIONS#1
06-04-2011, 01:18 PM
I am with Stang red on this one!!!!:D I am a small business owner and if you want to wear a skirt and you are male...then my Clients might have a problem with me letting you into their homes. I as well would have a problem at your interview if you showed up in heels and skirt LMAO. That goes for excessive Tat's as well. FYI as the employer I have the right to hire and fire you based upon your work ethic and dress code and how you conduct yourself:nerd: No Drama Queens need apply LMAO!!:nerd: :nerd:

Farmersfan
06-04-2011, 08:00 PM

I've never seen a woman wear a "MAN'S" suit. I have seen women wearing a ladies suit that was designed and made for women. Transgender would be a man wearing clothes designed and intended for women. Transgender also includes wearing wigs and pretending to be the opposite sex.

sinton66
06-05-2011, 07:16 AM
One shouldn't equate California with "the rest of the world". I learned long ago not to expect normalcy from the land of fruits and nuts. From the two years I spent at Treasure Island at San Francisco, NOTHING that place does surprises me anymore. Their idiocy knows no boundaries.