PDA

View Full Version : Kenn/BWood Baseball

fbjm
06-02-2011, 11:49 PM
Went as impartial fan - Kennedale was the better team...seemed to be more disciplined, maybe BWood had off night, but Taylor the pitcher for Kenn was dominating..gave up 3 or 4 hits I think

bwdlionfan
06-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by fbjm
Went as impartial fan - Kennedale was the better team...seemed to be more disciplined, maybe BWood had off night, but Taylor the pitcher for Kenn was dominating..gave up 3 or 4 hits I think

Aside from the bottom of the 6th, it was a very good game that was dominated by both pitchers. Actually those 4 runs in the 6th weren't all due to the pitcher... Brownwood made two costly errors on bad throws to 1st.

Kennedale's pitcher was awesome. Does anyone know what classification he is and is he getting some looks from colleges? I don't think he walked a Brownwood batter all night, he did hit one or two though. Brownwood got the lead off man on base in 3 innings but couldn't do anything with it.... twice we bunted in to double plays... can't do that and expect to beat a very good team.

Good luck to Kennedale next week.

rholl
06-03-2011, 08:21 AM
Taylor is a senior and I believe he is going to play at Cisco.

fbjm
06-03-2011, 08:30 AM
A fan from Kenn told me last nite that the pitcher, catcher, and shortsop are all playing at Cisco

LionFan72
06-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Great pitching dual by both pitchers, Kennedale had the edge in overall hitting, but the throwing errors by Brownwood hurt. I was expecting to see the errors on the Wildcat side, not something the Lions have faced this year. Congrats to Kennedale for moving on, wish we could have played 2 out of three, but injuries to our 1 and 3 pitchers limited our options, not an excuse, but a fact. Maybe it would have been different, maybe not! Great season Lions!

LionFan72
06-03-2011, 09:15 AM
By the way, Graham has an untra nice facility.

fbjm
06-03-2011, 09:33 AM
bwlionfan - fan from Kenn told me they wanted a 2 out of 3 and your coach opted for one game...you got what you asked for and now you're saying it should have been a 3 game series...what gives? Injuries are part of the game!

LionFan72
06-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Please read what I wrote, I said I would have liked to had a three game series, but due to injuries to our 1 and 3 pitchers, coack had to go with 1 game. Not an excuse, we lost! WE put our backs to the wall and came out swinging. Just didn't get it done Done!

bwdlionfan
06-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by fbjm
bwlionfan - fan from Kenn told me they wanted a 2 out of 3 and your coach opted for one game...you got what you asked for and now you're saying it should have been a 3 game series...what gives? Injuries are part of the game!

You addressed me, but that wasn't me that said that.

I will address what you asked though. We have played 3 game series each round in the playoffs so far (with only 2 healthy pitchers the past two weeks). We were fortunate enough to sweep both of those series, however one of those two pitchers was injured last week as he took a line drive to the face. Did you notice him batting with a special helmet last night? He has some pretty severe injuries from that hit that will require surgery. So, we were down to only one pitcher, thus that is why our coach wanted a 1 game series. There is no way we could have had a chance in a 3 game series with Kennedale and only having 1 healthy pitcher. In any other circumstance we would have wanted a 3 game series as well. I'm not saying the result would have been different, I'm just telling why we wanted a 1 game and not a best of 3.

fbjm
06-03-2011, 11:12 AM
bwlionfan - all is well! Both teams are REALLY good and if BWood hadn't had the injuries, who knows...Congrats are in order to both teams. Saw the kid with a protective mask on the batting helmet, but didn't know the extent of it. Hopefully, the injury to the BWood player is not severe. Thoughts and prayers with the kid and his family!

cr180t
06-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Contests to the Lions on a great season.