PDA

View Full Version : Game 2 Mavs vs Heat

orange machine
06-02-2011, 05:42 PM
I think the Mavs make some changes and take this game. For the heck of it ill throw some numbers out.

Mavs 97
Heat 89

Dirk has 30 points
Terry has 22
Peja catches fire with 16

forum_guy
06-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Lol of course u do

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2011, 05:55 PM
be in the same range as game 1..91-89 is my prediction..not sure who though to be honest right now

forum_guy
06-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Maybe it's just me but I see the bench struggling all series and not getting too much better. They will outscore Miami's but won't dominate. Why would they? They are going against taller, more athletic, and better defensive players than Dallas has beaten. It's really no coincidence why they had a hard time shooting/driving to the rim. I just don't feel they can matchup with Miami anyway u look at it. All 3 of The big 3 each had an avg game, I think one of them goes off tonight. With that being said of course it's not a blowout. Heat by 9

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
Maybe it's just me but I see the bench struggling all series and not getting too much better. They will outscore Miami's but won't dominate. Why would they? They are going against taller, more athletic, and better defensive players than Dallas has beaten. It's really no coincidence why they had a hard time shooting/driving to the rim. I just don't feel they can matchup with Miami anyway u look at it. All 3 of The big 3 each had an avg game, I think one of them goes off tonight. With that being said of course it's not a blowout. Heat by 9

I think this is what makes this such an interesting series..this is the best D the Mavs have faced...this is the best O the Heat have faced...in game one the Heats O was just a bit better than the Mavs O at the right time...But I dont think we will see either team thru this series have big shooting nights..the team that wins the series will win with small spurts like the HEat did in Game one.

coach
06-02-2011, 08:31 PM
I guess carlisle is trying to steal min with peja lol

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2011, 08:36 PM
wow on pace for over 100..great shooting by heat great passing by Mavs...Mavs keep it tied even though Dirk only played 7 mins

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Agtain Dallas getting wide open looks and missing...Heat D is to good to not hit the shots when they are that open

coach
06-02-2011, 08:53 PM
i guess you are allowed to touch the ball while it's in the cylinder lol

Farmersfan
06-02-2011, 09:10 PM

Kind of like in the regular season when Dallas beat them twice?

BEAST
06-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Phantom calls a plenty.

BEAST

Farmersfan
06-02-2011, 09:13 PM
The Mavs are supposed to be the experienced and more mature team and yet they are the ones making the stupid decisions. They can't beat this team if they allow them to make up a 10 point lead in the last minute of the half. Damn it!

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Great half by both teams..this is going to be a game of streaks it looks like..every time one team looks to be ready to put their foot on the throat the other one responds

Dallas got 51 points with Dirk and Terry struggling..wow

BaseballUmp
06-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Listening to the half time show, apparently dallas already lost

orange machine
06-02-2011, 09:26 PM
If Dirk and Terry can catch fire then they win. There were a few times were the Mavs should have shot the ball but passed one to many times. If the above two dont get going they in the 2nd half the Mavs are done.

Emerson1
06-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Listening to the half time show, apparently dallas already lost
I've had the TV muted and have it on 103.3.

Farmersfan
06-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Great half by both teams..this is going to be a game of streaks it looks like..every time one team looks to be ready to put their foot on the throat the other one responds

Dallas got 51 points with Dirk and Terry struggling..wow

Terry is shooting 20% and Dirk is shooting below 30% and Peja hasn't shot once yet. We need these offensive players to start being offensive.

And TXB. The last 3 minutes of the half was awful for the Mavs. Terrible shooting! Terrible decisions! Terrible defense!

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Terry is shooting 20% and Dirk is shooting below 30% and Peja hasn't shot once yet. We need these offensive players to start being offensive.

And TXB. The last 3 minutes of the half was awful for the Mavs. Terrible shooting! Terrible decisions! Terrible defense!

never said the last 3 mins were great..but the run where Dallas stretched the lead you could same the same about Heat

just like how the 2nd half has started..that is more Mavs making mistakes than great Heat D

Farmersfan
06-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Seems the Mavs also think this game is over. What a horrible effort.

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Seems the Mavs also think this game is over. What a horrible effort.

are u watching the same game? Cause I see both teams with a ton of effort

TERRIBLE tech called

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2011, 09:55 PM
I am saying this as someone who is not a fan of either team

but since that call that Wade felt was missed when he was on the breakaway it seems the Heat are getting little thing called their way

orange machine
06-02-2011, 09:55 PM
mavs just look old and out gunned im not giving up but they look awful.

coach
06-02-2011, 09:56 PM
I am saying this as someone who is not a fan of either team

but since that call that Wade felt was missed when he was on the breakaway it seems the Heat are getting little thing called their way

i like how they strongly warned wade and spo but the carlisle opens his mouth bc of a blatant elbow by lebron and they tech him up

Daddy D 11
06-02-2011, 10:03 PM
good god, you mavericks fans bitch about everything under the sun

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Really important finish to Q for the Mavs..they did a good job of responding

orange machine
06-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Well the Mavs closed out the 3rd good on the offensive end. D has to step up and scorers have to get it going.

DDBooger
06-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
good god, you mavericks fans bitch about everything under the sun lol:D

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2011, 10:05 PM
good god, you mavericks fans bitch about everything under the sun

I am not a Mavs fan..was just calling it like I see it

Farmersfan
06-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Someone for the Mavs needs to put Labron and Wade on their A** if they drive in like that to dunk the ball. A good hard oldtime NBA foul on Labron and he will stop that showboating. I am not liking this effort from the Mavs. And TXB: There is a difference in no effort and bad effort. Even J. Kidd is making stupid mistakes. The Mavs are making the Heat defense look way tougher than what it really is because they are missing these wide open shots. They have 1 quarter left to pull out this win. I predict if Miami goes up 2-0 this series will be a sweep because the Mavs seem ready to give up.

TheDOCTORdre
06-02-2011, 10:07 PM
I am not a Mavs fan..was just calling it like I see it

and so is he

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Someone for the Mavs needs to put Labron and Wade on their A** if they drive in like that to dunk the ball. A good hard oldtime NBA foul on Labron and he will stop that showboating. I am not liking this effort from the Mavs. And TXB: There is a difference in no effort and bad effort. Even J. Kidd is making stupid mistakes. The Mavs are making the Heat defense look way tougher than what it really is because they are missing these wide open shots. They have 1 quarter left to pull out this win. I predict if Miami goes up 2-0 this series will be a sweep because the Mavs seem ready to give up.

I just dont see them as ready to give up..loks to me like they are doing what they have done all year, fight when in a hole.

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
and so is he

oh i know..and agree with him..just was saying i am not a mavs fan

orange machine
06-02-2011, 10:12 PM
TURNOVERS TURNOVERS TURNOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game is over and maybe the series!

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Terry is playing terrible...and most seem to be unforced errors

Farmersfan
06-02-2011, 10:20 PM
I just dont see them as ready to give up..loks to me like they are doing what they have done all year, fight when in a hole.

You still liking the effort from the Mavs?

Txbroadcaster
wow the Mavs have offically imploded..every time they touch the ball it looks like a bouncing rubber ball LOL

Txbroadcaster

again FF..I dont see lack of effort I see lack of execution..difference

Daddy D 11
06-02-2011, 10:21 PM

dude, its not lack of effort! sometimes things just go wrong, quit being a stupid bitch

coach
06-02-2011, 10:21 PM

its not their effort you damn moron....good god....shut the hell up.....you are like a freakin woman......the heat are making plays and the mavs arent its that simple.....just bc you get beat doesnt mean they give up

DDBooger
06-02-2011, 10:22 PM
great thread :1popcorn: lol

Farmersfan
06-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Terry is playing terrible...and most seem to be unforced errors

And Dirk has 15 points and 5 turnovers. The Disappearing Dutchman strikes again! I see no fire at all in the Mavs superstar.

forum_guy
06-02-2011, 10:24 PM

Not a fan of either. Just a realist and I assume that guy I was talking about going off is Wade. Still want to compare regular season games farmers? I guess we can just sit back and hear your what if games

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2011, 10:26 PM
And Dirk has 15 points and 5 turnovers. The Disappearing Dutchman strikes again! I see no fire at all in the Mavs superstar.

if u dont see effort in Dirk then your watching a diff game FF..I am sorry but your so quick to call in the effort ..Players are human and they will have bad games, does not mean they are not trying or have given up..I seem playing with as much passion in this game as in his 40 point games, difference is his shot is not falling and the Heat are playing the passing lanes great

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Not a fan of either. Just a realist and I assume that guy I was talking about going off is Wade. Still want to compare regular season games farmers? I guess we can just sit back and hear your what if games

Wade is having a hell of a game..but the JAmes freak shots are what I am enjoying

Farmersfan
06-02-2011, 10:28 PM
dude, its not lack of effort! sometimes things just go wrong, quit being a stupid bitch

You are the one sounding like a spoiled little girl. IF you don't agree simply say so. You don't have to cry about it............ will it help if I say you can be right this time?

DDBooger
06-02-2011, 10:29 PM
..but the JAmes freak shots are what I am enjoying +1 :eek: :thumbsup:

Farmersfan
06-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by coach
its not their effort you damn moron....good god....shut the hell up.....you are like a freakin woman......the heat are making plays and the mavs arent its that simple.....just bc you get beat doesnt mean they give up

You aren't a very smart person are you? :D

Old LB
06-02-2011, 10:31 PM
You aren't a very smart person are you? :D

no he is not, but he still has a chance to grow out of it.

Daddy D 11
06-02-2011, 10:32 PM
You are the one sounding like a spoiled little girl. IF you don't agree simply say so. You don't have to cry about it............ will it help if I say you can be right this time?

you're an idiot,

me>you

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2011, 10:34 PM
wow amazing that the no effort Mavs have closed it to within 4 on 13-2 run

Ernest T Bass
06-02-2011, 10:35 PM
http://www.allbowling.com/forum/images/smilies/slapfight.gif

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
http://www.allbowling.com/forum/images/smilies/slapfight.gif

Go take u herp meds u missed last nigt:D

Farmersfan
06-02-2011, 10:38 PM
wow amazing that the no effort Mavs have closed it to within 4 on 13-2 run

Once again! I never said they didn't have effort. I said they had horrible effort. There is a difference in bad effort and no effort.Their decisions were bad and their execution was bad. The last 2 minutes they are making good decisions and doing the things that got them here.

Phil C
06-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Mavs are trying but I don't think they will pull it out.

forum_guy
06-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Ha jinxed the heat

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Once again! I never said they didn't have effort. I said they had horrible effort. There is a difference in bad effort and no effort.Their decisions were bad and their execution was bad. The last 2 minutes they are making good decisions and doing the things that got them here.

u should have used the word exectuion..horrible effort means they are not trying

Farmersfan
Originally posted by Phil C
Mavs are trying but I don't think they will pull it out.

The Mavs are owed a couple of minutes of really good shooting. Let's get it NOW!

Daddy D 11

but was their effort still bad during the comeback run?

coach
06-02-2011, 10:42 PM
HOW IS THE EFFORT NOW FARMERSFAN........CRY ME A FREAKIN RIVER

Ernest T Bass
06-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Go take u herp meds u missed last nigt:D

Burnet44, is that you? :thinking:

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Man what a GREAT game

Farmersfan
06-02-2011, 10:48 PM
but was their effort still bad during the comeback run?

You watched just like I did. The Mavs actually executed and got some quality shots in the last couple of minutes. Before the run they were standing around and watching each other turn over the ball.

orange machine
06-02-2011, 10:49 PM
If the Mvas dont have all the turnovers and missed shots this game is a blowout by the Mavs.:D

Phil C
06-02-2011, 10:54 PM
Mavs pulled it out! I knew they could do it!
They did what they had to do and that was split the first two games. Now they need to win 2 (preferable all 3) of the home games in Dallas. I think if they go to Miami again ahead 3-2 they have a chance.

bobcat1
06-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
If the Mvas dont have all the turnovers and missed shots this game is a blowout by the Mavs.:D :2thumbsup

Daddy D 11
06-02-2011, 10:59 PM
You watched just like I did. The Mavs actually executed and got some quality shots in the last couple of minutes. Before the run they were standing around and watching each other turn over the ball.

so you are saying it's all about execution?

eagles_victory
06-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Ill eat my crow the Mavs played great and showed a lot of heart. Miami put it on cruise control and the Mavs stepped it up and played great. Dirk came up big but a lot of credit goes to Jet Terry he really brought them back (then tried to change his mind and let Miami win) but still great games by the Mavs never can count them out.

coach
06-02-2011, 11:21 PM
so you are saying it's all about execution?

he doesnt know what he is saying

Daddy D 11
06-02-2011, 11:24 PM
he doesnt know what he is saying

well we already knew that

Bullaholic
06-03-2011, 09:04 AM
Time to fess up---I turned the game off when the Heat went up 15.....

O ye of little faith----I am so ashamed, Phil..... :o

bobcat1
06-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

O ye of little faith----I am so ashamed, Phil..... :o I watched the whole thing. I was glad to see LeBron I'm all about me James lose. Dwayne Wade is a stud. I wish Dallas had him. It was amazing to watch. It seemed the Heat kinda rested on the 15 point lead. I would have went to bed at that point but my nightcap was not gone yet. :D

Farmersfan
06-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I watched the whole thing. I was glad to see LeBron I'm all about me James lose. Dwayne Wade is a stud. I wish Dallas had him. It was amazing to watch. It seemed the Heat kinda rested on the 15 point lead. I would have went to bed at that point but my nightcap was not gone yet. :D

I have heard a ton of people saying that the Heat relaxed to let the Mavs get back in it but what did the Mavs do to allow the Heat to get up 15 in the first place? And didn't the Mavs get up by 9 at one point and then "ALLOW" the Heat to comeback? Funny how this works one way but not the other.

Blastoderm55
06-03-2011, 09:26 AM

O ye of little faith----I am so ashamed, Phil..... :o

I turned it off in the den and went to finish watching in bed. By the time I turned on the TV, the lead was already down to 6! What an ending!

Macarthur
06-03-2011, 09:34 AM
I have heard a ton of people saying that the Heat relaxed to let the Mavs get back in it but what did the Mavs do to allow the Heat to get up 15 in the first place? And didn't the Mavs get up by 9 at one point and then "ALLOW" the Heat to comeback? Funny how this works one way but not the other.

Yep. Generally, the NBA is a game of runs.

I really think if the Mavs can play sound defense like they did late in that game and cut out the turnovers, they can win this thing. I still believe they will knock down the shots; for the mavs it's all about being sound against Lebron and Wade and protecting the ball.

I also think you have to factor in coaching. I do think the Mavs have a significant advantage there. If these games are close late, I think Carlisle more times than not, will be more sound than Spolstra.

Farmersfan
06-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Yep. Generally, the NBA is a game of runs.

I really think if the Mavs can play sound defense like they did late in that game and cut out the turnovers, they can win this thing. I still believe they will knock down the shots; for the mavs it's all about being sound against Lebron and Wade and protecting the ball.

I also think you have to factor in coaching. I do think the Mavs have a significant advantage there. If these games are close late, I think Carlisle more times than not, will be more sound than Spolstra.

I might be in the minority in my thinking but we have not seen anywhere close to the best effort from our Mavs. I don't know whether they bought into the "HEAT" hype from the media or what but they aren't making the kinds of sound decisions they have shown in the rest of the playoffs and they aren't knocking down the shots they normally do. To be in a 1-1 tie coming back to Dallas for 3 games is the perfect scenerio for the Mavs. If they get a bit of their confidence back they can pretty quickly here show the Heat that holding down 3 of the worst offensive teams in the league isn't an indication that they can also do it to one of the best offensive teams in the league. And i also think that it won't take much to cause the Heat to implode as a team. Too many selfish, all-about-me players on that team. The OVER-CELEBRATING emotion can quickly become the OVER-REACTING emotion. Go Mavs!

Bullaholic
06-03-2011, 09:58 AM
I think the pre-mature LeBron-Wade Heat NBA championship dance in front of the Mavs bench after Wade sank the +15 FG went a long ways toward igniting the Mavs for the 22-5 winning run.

waterboy
06-03-2011, 10:28 AM
I think the pre-mature LeBron-Wade Heat NBA championship dance in front of the Mavs bench after Wade sank the +15 FG went a long ways toward igniting the Mavs for the 22-5 winning run.
Good observation! I saw that, too. That little celebration made Terry mad, and I think the Mavs made up their mind right then that they would close the game out the way they knew they could. It definitely provided a spark.

I also agree with FF in his last post, too. The Mavs haven't played the way they are capable, and if they find their shooting rhythm in Dallas, they will have a good chance at not having to come back to Miami, in my opinion. I would really like to see the kind of game they played in Game 4 against the Lakers again. That would go a long way in keeping the Heat confidence in check.:clap:

THREE WINS AWAY FROM THE RING!!!

Phil C
06-03-2011, 10:32 AM
I agree that the Mavs have not played like they have the potential to do so while I think the Heat are at about 97% to the Mavs 80%. The Mavs will be tough at home if they can get up to their potential with the crowd behind them. They need to win at least two out of three at home. It would be great if they could win three straight but that might be pushing it. I think it is up to the Mavs now.

Txbroadcaster
06-03-2011, 10:48 AM
I might be in the minority in my thinking but we have not seen anywhere close to the best effort from our Mavs. I don't know whether they bought into the "HEAT" hype from the media or what but they aren't making the kinds of sound decisions they have shown in the rest of the playoffs and they aren't knocking down the shots they normally do. To be in a 1-1 tie coming back to Dallas for 3 games is the perfect scenerio for the Mavs. If they get a bit of their confidence back they can pretty quickly here show the Heat that holding down 3 of the worst offensive teams in the league isn't an indication that they can also do it to one of the best offensive teams in the league. And i also think that it won't take much to cause the Heat to implode as a team. Too many selfish, all-about-me players on that team. The OVER-CELEBRATING emotion can quickly become the OVER-REACTING emotion. Go Mavs!

I dont think the mavs lost their confidence once this series..I aslo dont understand the maybe the Mavs bought into heat hype...your acting like Dallas got beat by 20 in game one and was dominated all game until the comeback last night

in 8 Qs...The Heat have won the Q 3 times...The Score was tied in that Q 3 times..and the Mavs won the Q twice...that is about as even as it can be...The Mavs have played both games with passion and have played as hard as I have seen them play

Macarthur
06-03-2011, 11:06 AM
I don't question effort. I just think they've been too careless with the ball, at times. However, the rebounding problem in the first game could point to work ethic. I think rebounding is all about attitude and work ethic.

I also think they may have figured something out on defense. I like the way they finished the game playing the pick and roll with James and Wade.

Bullaholic
06-03-2011, 11:10 AM
I don't question effort. I just think they've been too careless with the ball, at times. However, the rebounding problem in the first game could point to work ethic. I think rebounding is all about attitude and work ethic.

I also think they may have figured something out on defense. I like the way they finished the game playing the pick and roll with James and Wade.

I think the poor ball handling can mostly be attributed to the athletic skills of the Heat, Mac---those guys are just some young, super-quick athletes who have given nearly every team fits in keeping control of the ball with their attacking "D".

I have never seen anybody give Jason Kidd much trouble handling the ball, but the Heat forced even him into some turnovers last night.

icu812
06-03-2011, 11:23 AM
I dont think the mavs lost their confidence once this series..I aslo dont understand the maybe the Mavs bought into heat hype...your acting like Dallas got beat by 20 in game one and was dominated all game until the comeback last night

in 8 Qs...The Heat have won the Q 3 times...The Score was tied in that Q 3 times..and the Mavs won the Q twice...that is about as even as it can be...The Mavs have played both games with passion and have played as hard as I have seen them play

Good post.

If the Mavs continue to play hard and stop the turnovers they win this series in 5 or 6 games. Somehow they managed to win a game in which they had 20 turnovers. They need to take those easy baskets away from the Heat. Dallas has been turnover prone at times this year. They have gotten lots of wide open shots. Hopefully they start to fall in Dallas. Dirk, Jet, JJ & Peja have played two sub par games (the are just missing open shots) and the series is tied 1-1. I like the Mavs chances!

Txbroadcaster
06-03-2011, 11:33 AM
I think the poor ball handling can mostly be attributed to the athletic skills of the Heat, Mac---those guys are just some young, super-quick athletes who have given nearly every team fits in keeping control of the ball with their attacking "D".

I have never seen anybody give Jason Kidd much trouble handling the ball, but the Heat forced even him into some turnovers last night.

yes the Heat deserve SOME credit..but Dallas have had TO problems all play offs..they averaged 12 TO a game agianst OKC..had 19 turnovers in game 4 agianst the Lakers

They had 16 in a game agianst Portland..14 in another..in fact they have only 2 games in the play offs with TO's under douuble digits

The Mavs seem in every game( and it seems always end of first half and or beginning of 2nd half) where they just make really bad decisions

Macarthur
06-03-2011, 11:46 AM

The Heat are good, but some of those TO's by Kidd were just carelessness.

eagles_victory
06-03-2011, 01:46 PM
The Heat are good, but some of those TO's by Kidd were just carelessness. Youre right if you remember back to the Denver series a couple years ago he did the same exact thing a couple of games and it really killed them in that series.

eagles_victory
06-03-2011, 01:50 PM
I think the pre-mature LeBron-Wade Heat NBA championship dance in front of the Mavs bench after Wade sank the +15 FG went a long ways toward igniting the Mavs for the 22-5 winning run. People keep saying that on the Heat board and I couldn't disagree more. First off that celebration is nothing more than most anyone else does hell Deshawn Stevenson acts like he wins the NBA championship on every shot.

Dallas has a lot of pride and confidence when you have made comebacks like that before you always believe in yourself. Miami got extremly complacent like they have 3 or 4 times this season and that can't happen in this series you cant do that against the Dallas Mavericks.

Bullaholic
06-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
People keep saying that on the Heat board and I couldn't disagree more. First off that celebration is nothing more than most anyone else does hell Deshawn Stevenson acts like he wins the NBA championship on every shot.

Dallas has a lot of pride and confidence when you have made comebacks like that before you always believe in yourself. Miami got extremly complacent like they have 3 or 4 times this season and that can't happen in this series you cant do that against the Dallas Mavericks.

Did you get a good look at Terry????? And then he went and did what?---and you don't think the "in-your-face" stuff had anything to do with it? C'mon, ev--- but if that's your opinion, I will respect that.

And as for your second paragraph---hindsight is 20/20---you know with 7 min. left, you were whooping it up talking about how the Mavs laid down and were toast.....:D

You sound more like an announcer than a sportsfan....

Txbroadcaster
06-03-2011, 02:09 PM
People keep saying that on the Heat board and I couldn't disagree more. First off that celebration is nothing more than most anyone else does hell Deshawn Stevenson acts like he wins the NBA championship on every shot.

It was not celebration itself..it was the fact it was 1 foot in front of the Mavs bench...did it propel the Mavs.who knows..prob inspired them as much as the Heat was inspired by the Mavs parade route infor after game 2 in 06

eagles_victory
06-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Did you get a good look at Terry????? And then he went and did what?---and you don't think the "in-your-face" stuff had anything to do with it? C'mon, ev--- but if that's your opinion, I will respect that.

And as for your second paragraph---hindsight is 20/20---you know with 7 min. left, you were whooping it up talking about how the Mavs laid down and were toast.....:D

You sound more like an announcer than a sportsfan.... No I have just watched 90 percent of Miamis games all year and probably 20 to 25 Mavericks games. Miami did this several times once in December against Charlotte had a huge lead and let them come right back in the4th and once against Cleveland. The Mavs extreme motivation because of the celebration had little to do with it imo they are professionals and they are going to hit shots and play hard until the end.

Bullaholic
06-03-2011, 02:17 PM
No I have just watched 90 percent of Miamis games all year and probably 20 to 25 Mavericks games. Miami did this several times once in December against Charlotte had a huge lead and let them come right back in the4th and once against Cleveland. The Mavs extreme motivation because of the celebration had little to do with it imo they are professionals and they are going to hit shots and play hard until the end.

Good points, ev. I like the way you can dish it out, but take it without getting fighting mad and come back with valid sports arguments even though you know I am trying to aggravate you.
TxB is a lot that way, also.

eagles_victory
06-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Good points, ev. I like the way you can dish it out, but take it without getting fighting mad and come back with valid sports arguments even though you know I am trying to aggravate you.
TxB is a lot that way, also.
. I'm not mad :confused:

Bullaholic
06-03-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm not mad :confused:

That's what I was pointing out---you don't get mad that easily.

eagles_victory
06-03-2011, 02:26 PM
That's what I was pointing out---you don't get mad that easily. Sorry I read that wrong lol when Im mad esp. as mad as I am about something last night I always make sure I calm down before I get on here or any other message board.

eagles_victory
06-03-2011, 03:11 PM
That's what I was pointing out---you don't get mad that easily. I actually do get mad very easily I just control it until I get alone and try to show some class. Last night I was watching it with my mom and her boyfriend (they have seen like 6 games all year and act like huge Mavs fans) I just calmly got up and left then proceeded to spike my cell phone like I just scored a touchdown in the Super Bowl.

Farmersfan
06-03-2011, 03:24 PM

So, were the Mavs extremely complacent to allow the Heat to get up by 15 in the first place?

On anothe note: I listened to Norm Hitzges on The Ticket and was reminded of why I stopped listening to him years ago. He spent 30 minutes breaking down the poor coaching and horrible play by the Heat during that last possession for the Mavs when Dirk put them up. Apparently he doesn't understand why Bosh was guarding Dirk, Why they didn't double Dirk or why they didn't take the foul they had to give. He never once acknowledged that the Heat players would have had to leave Dirk completely alone with a wide open lane to dunk that ball in order for them to come close to matching the stupidity from the Mavs for leaving Chalmers wide open for the 3pter just 5 seconds before........ It's all about the Heat Hype!

eagles_victory
06-03-2011, 03:40 PM
So, were the Mavs extremely complacent to allow the Heat to get up by 15 in the first place?

On anothe note: I listened to Norm Hitzges on The Ticket and was reminded of why I stopped listening to him years ago. He spent 30 minutes breaking down the poor coaching and horrible play by the Heat during that last possession for the Mavs when Dirk put them up. Apparently he doesn't understand why Bosh was guarding Dirk, Why they didn't double Dirk or why they didn't take the foul they had to give. He never once acknowledged that the Heat players would have had to leave Dirk completely alone with a wide open lane to dunk that ball in order for them to come close to matching the stupidity from the Mavs for leaving Chalmers wide open for the 3pter just 5 seconds before........ It's all about the Heat Hype! Um I have given the Mavs credit on several threads Im not you. You never give anyone credit your team always beats themselves and you always bash your own players. The Mavs showed heart and played great as I said earlier. However, if you don't think Miami got complacent you either didn't watch the game or don't know basketball. He is right Bosh shouldn't of been on Dirk that is a legit argument. Just like every Mavs fan was saying we gave that one away against Portland Miami fans feel they gave this game away last night no disrespect to the Mavs.

icu812
06-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Below is a great analysis of what happened to the Heat defense late in 4th quarter. Terrific job of executing this set by the Mavs players.

http://nbaplaybook.com/2011/06/03/the-play-that-sparked-dallas-comeback/#more-14846

coach
06-03-2011, 10:07 PM

i didnt think twice about the little celebration but when the mavs players said it fueled them then it did. After lebron did his little dance and dwade did his thing jason terry said this isnt over yeat. The rest was history so yes, it did fuel them to win.

eagles_victory
06-04-2011, 12:14 AM
i didnt think twice about the little celebration but when the mavs players said it fueled them then it did. After lebron did his little dance and dwade did his thing jason terry said this isnt over yeat. The rest was history so yes, it did fuel them to win. I like Miamis chances to win then if Dallas needs extra motivation.