PDA

View Full Version : Can You Still Throw?

Bullaholic
06-02-2011, 01:49 PM
I'll see my 64th summer in a few months, but I think I can still throw a baseball and a football fairly well. Now, running and catching is an entirely different matter----fail! :D

How well do you do in playing sports with your kids/grandkids? Do they whip up on the "old man"?

Rabid Cougar
06-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Both of mine are taller, bigger and faster than me. Will play catch, throw batting practice and shot basketball all day long.. I just don't talk smack...that does nothing but get my a$$ handed to me.

Bullaholic
06-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Both of mine are taller, bigger and faster than me. Will play catch, throw batting practice and shot basketball all day long.. I just don't talk smack...that does nothing but get my a$$ handed to me.

LOL, Rabid---that's kinda what I was hinting at, but you said it so much better...

waterboy
06-02-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm still in relatively good shape for a 50-year-old. The parents played our daughter's softball team a couple of times during the season this year. Some of the parents were just plain out of shape. I was the oldest one in the bunch and the most agile, even if I have to say so myself.:D Our girls, and a couple of walk-on teenage boys, were amazed at some of the plays I made, but I could definitely tell I've lost a lot of what I had as a youngster.:cool:

eagles_victory
06-02-2011, 03:13 PM
I always had a water pistol for an arm.

GrTigers6
06-02-2011, 03:50 PM
im pushing 42 and can still run a 40 in under 5.0.
So that part hasnt changed much but the arm strength has definetly slipped a bit:D
but i can still hang with my 21, and 17 year old boys

Ernest T Bass
06-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Ive never been able to throw, but I can still outrun and outlift most of our kids.

Roughneck93
06-02-2011, 04:01 PM
I've have a decent arm, but running is my forte. I run my daily 8 miles in one hour and this summer will be spent getting my 16 year old ready for cross country. It will be her first so hopefully it goes well.

Old Tiger
06-02-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm awesome so yes.

Cam
06-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Well, I haven't challenged him lately, but my "just graduated" LB boy has never been able to beat me in arm wrestlin'.....but I've kinda avoided tryin' lately cause that boy looks stronger than he ever has....As for my 11 year old...holy cow....that one looks like a giraffe! He's all legs right now....No way I can outrun him anymore...and his basketball shooting abilities are crazy good...I can never beat him one on one......He's looking more and more like a tall WR/DB or QB type......if he decides to play football....right now he's into chickens, turkeys, and 4H stuff.....

Oh, didn't answer the question...Heck yeah I can still throw....with both arms. Used to be a "switch" pitcher in little league.....

BEAST
06-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Well, I haven't challenged him lately, but my "just graduated" LB boy has never been able to beat me in arm wrestlin'.....but I've kinda avoided tryin' lately cause that boy looks stronger than he ever has....As for my 11 year old...holy cow....that one looks like a giraffe! He's all legs right now....No way I can outrun him anymore...and his basketball shooting abilities are crazy good...I can never beat him one on one......He's looking more and more like a tall WR/DB or QB type......if he decides to play football....right now he's into chickens, turkeys, and 4H stuff.....

Oh, didn't answer the question...Heck yeah I can still throw....with both arms. Used to be a "switch" pitcher in little league.....

Why Cam, I never knew you went both ways.

BEAST

Cam
06-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Why Cam, I never knew you went both ways.

BEAST

well Beaster...there are alot of things you don't know about me!!;) :inlove:

BEAST
06-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Cam
well Beaster...there are alot of things you don't know about me!!;) :inlove:

LOL:D

BEAST

big daddy russ
06-02-2011, 06:23 PM
At one point I could toss a football 55+ yards. It's not Matthew Stafford distance, but it was farther than most of my friends.

Nowadays, my arm's as useful as a wet noodle. Played catch with my brother over Christmas, maybe pushed it 35-40 yds. That was all I could do.

I've always had the foot speed of a three-toed sloth. Nothing's changed on that front.

bobcat1
06-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Never could throw a football worth a dang but a rock or baseball I could really chunk. Now my right shoulder sounds like it has gravel in it. I can still hit if my fat arse can catch them when we play football. They are 32,31,27,21. We have swapped arm punches for years. They don't like to play with me. They don't know it but it hurts more than it used to because I don't let on. The hitting don't hurt as bad as the ground.:D

Bearkat
06-02-2011, 08:05 PM
I can still throw both a football and baseball pretty well. Not near as hard or accurate as I used to but I can still hold my own. As far as taking on my son, I have a little advantage over him and will for a few years. He's only 6 weeks old so I should be able to out do him for some time to come.:D

LionFan72
06-03-2011, 09:02 AM
Still throw a BBall and football pretty well, just not the distance nor the accuracy from 30 years ago, lol! And the pain associated with either is just not worth it. After 6 heart attacks and 3 back surgeries, time for a grandpa to sit back and let the younguns impress me! Thank God for rocking chairs and plastic jigs!