PDA

View Full Version : Brownwod Fans

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2011, 10:35 AM
How do you feel about last season? I know it wwas tough being the favorite only to not win the State Champ...so was it a great year or do you feel like Bwood let down the fans?

Old LB
06-02-2011, 10:41 AM
It was the greatest I have ever witnessed, I hate to, but you have to hand it to Carthage. Great to see a lot of those seniors still playing baseball with a chance at a title.

I doubt you will get any disappointed folks from Brownwood about the 2010 season. Thing is, we'll be back, have no doubt about it.

RoyceTTU
06-02-2011, 10:55 AM
To have a team that good and not to win the title, it pretty much hoovers but thats how it goes sometimes.

The season was a lot of fun though. We saw some extremely good football played and was played to precision. This group of kids were great and having a family member on the team made it that much more exciting. Even though they didn't finish out the season on top, I don't think anybody walked away and said "you know, that brownwood team really wasn't good". Only a fool would take that away from any game.

Setting all aside, it is really fun being a fan for Brownwood. Like all teams we have had our bad years, but all in all, we have far more good teams that bad teams and a fan following that can rival anybody in the state. The fan base is amazing and extemely supportive. I can't wait to see what the future holds.

For the naysayers, DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH!!!! WE WILL BE BACK!!!! :clap: :clap:

BEAST
06-02-2011, 10:55 AM
It was an amazing ride. Yes a SC would have been great but the season as a whole was unbelievable.

BEAST

Gsquared
06-02-2011, 10:57 AM
I thought Brownwood was one of the most expolsive offensive teams I had ever seen (Right up there with Groveton back in the day). Just goes to show you that no matter how good you are, you have to catch a couple of breaks somewhere along the way if you are to get a ring.

LIONS#1
06-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Well I still feel like Brownwood was the best team in the state.....just not on that particular night!!! if memory serves we were just a couple of bad calls from winning it all!! No The Lions didn't let the fans down...they inspired the fans. Watching the class coaching staff that Brownwood has handle the situation with dignity and strength showed the fans that we are in for more winning seasons. No matter the outcome win or lose true Lion fans will never be "let down" by our young men and women in sporting events. It is not always the end result that counts it's the Journey.

nobogey72
06-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I thought Brownwood was one of the most expolsive offensive teams I had ever seen (Right up there with Groveton back in the day). Just goes to show you that no matter how good you are, you have to catch a couple of breaks somewhere along the way if you are to get a ring.

That's the first serious post I've ever seen you make G. You feeling alright today? I couldn't agree more with what you said, both about the explosiveness and also the breaks.

BTW- Was it Rodney Thomas that was the stud for Groveton? Or what was the guy's name?

Bullaholic
06-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Nobody can deny that the 2010 Brownwood Lions were something very special. I am glad the Bulls had the chance to play them during the playoffs....

and we would have beaten them, too, if the refs had not been on their side, if all of our players were healthy, the wind had been blowing the right direction, and we were not saving our best plays for the SC game.....:D

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by LIONS#1
Well I still feel like Brownwood was the best team in the state.....just not on that particular night!!! if memory serves we were just a couple of bad calls from winning it all!! No The Lions didn't let the fans down...they inspired the fans. Watching the class coaching staff that Brownwood has handle the situation with dignity and strength showed the fans that we are in for more winning seasons. No matter the outcome win or lose true Lion fans will never be "let down" by our young men and women in sporting events. It is not always the end result that counts it's the Journey.

the "bad calls" went both ways

and great point about the Journey..to many fans forget that

Gsquared
06-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
That's the first serious post I've ever seen you make G. You feeling alright today? I couldn't agree more with what you said, both about the explosiveness and also the breaks.

BTW- Was it Rodney Thomas that was the stud for Groveton? Or what was the guy's name?
Groveton had a couple of studs in back to back years. Rodney Thomas and then the two Horace brothers. All of them were pure d studs for sure.

bobcat1
06-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I thought Brownwood was one of the most expolsive offensive teams I had ever seen (Right up there with Groveton back in the day). Just goes to show you that no matter how good you are, you have to catch a couple of breaks somewhere along the way if you are to get a ring. I've seen a lot of football and I have to agree with G2. They were amazing. I was at the Carthage game. I knew Carthage was good and well coached. If Brownwood could have controlled the line of scrimmage when they were on defense I believe they would have won it all. But Carthage had that back that shredded the Lions due to the line play. Hat's off to both schools. It was one of the best games I have ever witnessed firsthand. The winner was not known until the last play of the game. IMO that was the State Game.

Old Tiger
06-02-2011, 11:30 AM
IMO it sucked.

Old Tiger
06-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by LIONS#1
Well I still feel like Brownwood was the best team in the state.....just not on that particular night!!! if memory serves we were just a couple of bad calls from winning it all!! No The Lions didn't let the fans down...they inspired the fans. Watching the class coaching staff that Brownwood has handle the situation with dignity and strength showed the fans that we are in for more winning seasons. No matter the outcome win or lose true Lion fans will never be "let down" by our young men and women in sporting events. It is not always the end result that counts it's the Journey. good ol snyder complex theory

BwdLion73
06-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Well I'll say it. I was dissapointed that we did not win State. I re-watched the game (DVR) several times and got that sick feeling each time the game ended. I finally erased it. LOL

Props to Carthage they won it and I think calls did go both ways, but they do every game. One thing that set in my mind was the Brownwood/Monahans game. 16,000 people two undefeated teams and at the half it was close with Monahans playing what I thought was above their heads. I came away from that game with a lot of respect for them. They played hard and clean for the entire game right up till the end when there was no chance.

After that game I stood and watched as their team stood on the sidelines while their band played the fight song and I thought about their perfect season and the seniors standing there. Our players walked over and stood with them during their song and they came over with us for the trophy presentation.

Each week great teams and kids go home. When I watched Carthage passing the ball like they did on Coldsprings I thought what fun our offense would have had. ;)

bobcat1
06-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
IMO it sucked. And we expect that from you because of the pea that formats that opinion.:D

bwdlionfan
06-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
And we expect that from you because of the pea that formats that opinion.:D

:clap:

bwdlionfan
06-02-2011, 01:56 PM
I didn't feel let down at all. Only 6 teams got to play 15 games last year, we just weren't quite fortunate enough to play that extra one. I may never see us win a state title (sure hope I'm wrong), but I'll always enjoy watching 15-18 year old kids take the town on a ride through the playoffs. And when I say "take the town"... I do mean the whole town. The fan support is crazy.

Bosqueville
06-02-2011, 02:04 PM
When the final horn sounded, it was very emotional on the Brownwood side.. devastating. But as we drove home, I began to realize what a season we had. How lucky we were to have this group of young men and the talent they possessed. And how this team drove the town of Brownwood into a frenzy! It was a year we will never forget!!

BEAST
06-02-2011, 02:34 PM
From todays Abilene Reporter News.

The article is titled, "A few fond memories from 2010-11 school sports year."

By: Evan Ren

"The force of nature that was the 2010 Brownwood football team is something I'll always remember, despite its loss in the Class 3A state semifinals. I still say this is the best Class 3A team I've ever seen, and that includes the Carthage team that beat the Lion 35-28 in Week 15."

BEAST

oldtownag
06-02-2011, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
From todays Abilene Reporter News.

The article is titled, "A few fond memories from 2010-11 school sports year."

By: Evan Ren

"The force of nature that was the 2010 Brownwood football team is something I'll always remember, despite its loss in the Class 3A state semifinals. I still say this is the best Class 3A team I've ever seen, and that includes the Carthage team that beat the Lion 35-28 in Week 15."

BEAST

I guess Evan Ren only watches 3A football in the Abilene area, and had homer blinders on when he was watching the semifinal game.

P.S. Last years Carthage team was the 3rd best 3A team I have seen in the last 3 years.

Sweetwater Red
06-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
I guess Evan Ren only watches 3A football in the Abilene area, and had homer blinders on when he was watching the semifinal game.

P.S. Last years Carthage team was the 3rd best 3A team I have seen in the last 3 years.

Evan Ren usually has a hard on for Snyder. I guess he's jumped ship. :rolleyes:

Cam
06-02-2011, 03:49 PM
I think.....I think.....ah.......aw hell...I don't know what I'm thinkin'.......never mind.......

Trashman
06-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
How do you feel about last season? I know it wwas tough being the favorite only to not win the State Champ...so was it a great year or do you feel like Bwood let down the fans?

No regrets, just fond memories of a great bunch of kids. :D

Looking4number8
06-03-2011, 06:10 AM
I will say was dissappointed.. not at all in the kids, coaches or the season but I definetly wanted a 8th star and last year seemed like more than a real chance to get it. It was by far one of the most entertaining seasons I have ever witnessed... Jaxon Shipley was amazing, after a couple of his punt returns and catches fans from the other side would cheer him for what he had just done... wow, what a season by all the kids on the field

But yes, as the season got deeper and deeper I got more excited about hopeful a State Championship... I am still sad that we did not get it

bobcat1
06-03-2011, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I will say was dissappointed.. not at all in the kids, coaches or the season but I definetly wanted a 8th star and last year seemed like more than a real chance to get it. It was by far one of the most entertaining seasons I have ever witnessed... Jaxon Shipley was amazing, after a couple of his punt returns and catches fans from the other side would cheer him for what he had just done... wow, what a season by all the kids on the field

But yes, as the season got deeper and deeper I got more excited about hopeful a State Championship... I am still sad that we did not get it On the bright side you don't have to change your name.:p

LionFan72
06-03-2011, 08:34 AM
I feel great about last season! We had a memorable season with a great group of kids, coaches, and fans!

Yes, it was a letdown not winning state, but every year is! That is why we play. Sure wasn't disappointed with the team, the kids left it all on field!

I sure don't believe that we have ever had an explosive offense as we did in 2010, just needed a couple stops from defense, and the season might have been different. Props to Carthage for taking it to us, but then, your day is coming, and I believe soon, as in 2011.

Good luck and best wishes for all the 3A seniors of 2010, you have tranformed from boys to young men with your courage and sportsmanship! Thanks for the memories.

95mustang
06-03-2011, 08:59 AM
The Brownwood Lions of 2010 did not let anyone down. The fans had an amazing ride this past year. This group of seniors are a tremendous bunch. As a fan it was a priveledge to witness what they done on the field. As any Brownwood fan will tell you I wish these young men could have gotten that state title, but sometimes the ball doesn't bounce the way it should or we would like it to. I not only got to witness a very explosive offense week in and week out, I got to witness one of the greatest High School football games I have ever seen in the Carhtage game. If we didn't win the title what a way to go out. It came down to the last play. I know many of the young men felt they let everyone down, but that is a feeling that winners usually have after a loss like that. I have nothing but pride for these young men and look forward to seeing what their future has in store for them. Not only to the Brownwood seniors, but to all the senior student athletes across the state I say thank you and wish each on the best of luck in their futures.

cr180t
06-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
good ol snyder complex theory

What are you talkIng in about

K-MAC Chuck
06-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
It was an amazing ride. Yes a SC would have been great but the season as a whole was unbelievable.
BEAST

Not that you need to hear this from me, Beast....but, that's the spirit!! :thumbsup:

well put - short, sweet and to the point. Kudos..