PDA

View Full Version : Next Month!!! (July, 2011)

Phil C
06-01-2011, 11:01 AM
It will be the Tour de France time. This great race helps us get through this difficult month as we approach football season. It should be another great race with beautiful scenery and commentary on historical sites. Excitement indeed! Enjoy!

Saggy Aggie
06-01-2011, 11:03 AM
This is most exciting indeed, but when is the world chess championship? I'm looking forward to this even more than the tour if you can believe it!

RoyceTTU
06-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
It will be the Tour de France time. This great race helps us get through this difficult month as we approach football season. It should be another great race with beautiful scenery and commentary on historical sites. Excitement indeed! Enjoy!

July will be spent focusing on Lance and how the sport is/was/isn't tainted by elite racers doping. :dispntd:

SHSBulldog00
06-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
This is most exciting indeed, but when is the world chess championship? I'm looking forward to this even more than the tour if you can believe it!

I think it follows the World Tiddlywinks Championship this year being held in London. It will be played on 25 June in a pub in central London.

Phil C
06-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Be encouraged fans! The Tour will survive scandals just like College Football has. Enjoy the Tour!

SHSBulldog00
06-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Be encouraged fans! The Tour will survive scandals just like College Football has. Enjoy the Tour!

I am encouraged by the Tour. It just is on too early in the morning for people who don't work during the summer.

RoyceTTU
06-01-2011, 11:23 AM

I think it will be more on the level of MLB and steroid/HGH use. There will be a ton of fallout(reletavily speaking since Cycling gets little PR anyhow).

Txbroadcaster
06-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I think it will be more on the level of MLB and steroid/HGH use. There will be a ton of fallout(reletavily speaking since Cycling gets little PR anyhow).

as far as % of users I think the TDF is alot higher than any other sport

RoyceTTU
06-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
as far as % of users I think the TDF is alot higher than any other sport

I agree, that's why I think the fallout is going to be bad.

44INAROW
06-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Have some compassion :mad: :D

AP Panther Fan
06-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Have some compassion :mad: :D

Funny, I knew what this thread was going to be about BEFORE I opened it. (I should join the Psychic Friends Network)

Phil C
06-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie

The Men and Women's World Chess Cchampionships are scheduled to be in 2012. They should be thrilling matches. It is a shame the winners can't face off to determine a "real overall" World Champion but Chess has not matured to that level yet. :rolleyes: :(