PDA

View Full Version : I thought the biggest complaint going in to the finals was....

bwdlionfan
05-31-2011, 10:51 PM
That the Heat would shoot more free throws than the Mavs.

Well, the Mavs shot 6 more, and still lost.

orange machine
06-01-2011, 12:05 AM
The Mavs shot awful all around at one time they were shooting 29% from the feild that doesn't happen often. They start shooting around 45 to 50% they take the series.

eagles_victory
06-01-2011, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
The Mavs shot awful all around at one time they were shooting 29% from the feild that doesn't happen often. They start shooting around 45 to 50% they take the series. First off they shot 37 percent and Miami shot 39 so you cant just say Dallas is going to shoot better so can Miami neither team shot well.

STANG RED
06-01-2011, 12:40 AM
I think the biggest reason the Mavs shot so poorly was the smothering defense the Heat was playing with. And some of the Mavs took some really bad shots. Jason Terry takes some awful shots sometimes, and Dirk seems to always take 4 or 5 shots every game that wouldnt have a prayers chance of going in for most players, problem is, he makes some of them, and seems to get in the mindset that he can always make them.

Txbroadcaster
06-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I think the biggest reason the Mavs shot so poorly was the smothering defense the Heat was playing with. And some of the Mavs took some really bad shots. Jason Terry takes some awful shots sometimes, and Dirk seems to always take 4 or 5 shots every game that wouldnt have a prayers chance of going in for most players, problem is, he makes some of them, and seems to get in the mindset that he can always make them.

while the Heat played great on D..I saw more wide open shots the Mavs missed..like the announcers said about JJ..he missed shots tonight he was making agianst the Lakers and Thunder..I just never felt that OMG the heat are just not giving the Mavs any options to shoot..Mavs passed the ball real well out of double teams into open looks, they just were not being converted

in saying that..what killed Dallas was not rebounding well..the Heat got to many 2nd chances

orange machine
06-01-2011, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
First off they shot 37 percent and Miami shot 39 so you cant just say Dallas is going to shoot better so can Miami neither team shot well.
Read my post again or better yet I'll type it again for you at one point the Mavs were shooting 29% from the feild. The difference between Dallas and Miami is Dallas has 6-7 people who can score were Miami falls way off after the 3.

eagles_victory
06-01-2011, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Read my post again or better yet I'll type it again for you at one point the Mavs were shooting 29% from the feild. The difference between Dallas and Miami is Dallas has 6-7 people who can score were Miami falls way off after the 3. Point just doesn't make sense hell Miami was shooting 100 percent at one point.

Emerson1
06-01-2011, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
That the Heat would shoot more free throws than the Mavs.

Well, the Mavs shot 6 more, and still lost.
No. It's fouls like the phantom over the back call on Dirk and Chandlers moving screen when he stood conpletely still. Two critical possessions taken away.

Farmersfan
06-01-2011, 05:57 AM
Dallas gave up 16 offense rebounds and got only 4-22 from the bench. The Dallas bench played the poorest it has played in the playoffs so far. Give the Heat defense props but there were ton's of missed layups and missed wide open shots from the field.
And I just have to say that I hate the Heat. I don't find any redeeming value in the least for that team. I seriously can't understand how anyone who is not from Miami could like that team. No matter how many championships that team ends up with they will have underacheived considering the talent they have. In my mind there will always be a * next to everything they do..

BTW: If he doesn't get his ring this season I hear Dirk and Kobe have decided they are going to go play with Durant in OKC next season for about 1/3 the money!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Saggy Aggie
06-01-2011, 11:01 AM
I only watched til about the middle of the 3rd because I had an 8am class this morning.... BUT.. from what I saw the Mavs got a lot of open looks and just didn't knock them down like they have in the past 2 series.

I thought the Heat shot poorly because of pretty good defense and never got that many wide open looks... but I felt like the Mavs were getting better shots and just didn't make them. I wasn't really that blown away by Miami's D. Maybe thats just me?

Phil C
06-01-2011, 11:16 AM
What terrible officiating! Obviously the refs have been told by the powers that be to favor the Heat! An outrage!

:mad: