PDA

View Full Version : Game 1 Mavs vs Heat

orange machine
05-31-2011, 08:37 PM
Slow start for both teams on offense. Mavs have to start making more shots this is the Heats kind of game low scoring.

Phil C
05-31-2011, 08:38 PM
Dallas ahead after 1 17 to 16. A long way to go and either team can win it but it is encouraging that Dallas is hanging with them as far as the score goes.

orange machine
05-31-2011, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Dallas ahead after 1 17 to 16. A long way to go and either team can win it but it is encouraging that Dallas is hanging with them as far as the score goes.

If the Mavs start hitting all the open shots they will win. The Heat can't beat the Mavs in a jump shooting game.

orange machine
05-31-2011, 09:03 PM
Dirk has to get going if the Mavs are gonna win.

eagles_victory
05-31-2011, 09:03 PM
Someone tell Van Gundy Breen and Jackson there is a game going on.

Phil C
05-31-2011, 09:29 PM
So far it is going as I expected. It is close at halftime. I think it will come down to the final last minutes and maybe even seconds. Dallas must win at least one of the first two games in Miami.

cr180t
05-31-2011, 09:32 PM
Good defense

crzyjournalist03
05-31-2011, 09:36 PM
Phil, did you know that DeShawn Stevenson has a tattoo of Abraham Lincoln, our nation's 16th President, on his adam's apple?

Phil C
05-31-2011, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Phil, did you know that DeShawn Stevenson has a tattoo of Abraham Lincoln, our nation's 16th President, on his adam's apple?

Not at all. Amazing.

coach
05-31-2011, 10:01 PM
damn what a shot be lebron

Looking4number8
05-31-2011, 10:07 PM
Heat are starting to look tough... come on Mavs, get hot!

Farmersfan
05-31-2011, 10:12 PM
Our shooters are missing easy 5' shots and the Heat big men are making 20 footers. The Mavs are shooting terrible.

orange machine
05-31-2011, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Our shooters are missing easy 5' shots and the Heat big men are making 20 footers. The Mavs are shooting terrible.
Agree the Heat D is good but the Mavs are missin way to many shots. It's the last half of the 4th Mavs come alive let's see if they do it again.

Phil C
05-31-2011, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Agree the Heat D is good but the Mavs are missin way to many shots. It's the last half of the 4th Mavs come alive let's see if they do it again.

They better do so soon now orange. It looks like Miami is starting to pull away. :(

Phil C
05-31-2011, 10:31 PM
Dallas has hung tough with them but it looks like Miami is going to pull away these last few minutes.

Phil C
05-31-2011, 10:57 PM
Miami pulled away and wins game 1 but it was still reasonable close. Miami just has too many superstars like the Lakers used to have. They aren't a young team like the Thunder and are tough with the superstars they have that are still in their prime.

But don't give up on the Mavs just yet. They did hang tough. But right now game 2 is the key. If the Mavs don't win game 2 the series will be over basically. So we will see what happens.

eagles_victory
05-31-2011, 11:51 PM
Dirk has torn a tendon in his middle finger according to reports.

orange machine
06-01-2011, 12:02 AM
If the Mavs shooters get hot like they did against LA the Mavs will win this thing. Tonight all the Mavs shooters were off and they played the Heat down to the last few minutes. I guess if they are gonna be off do it at the start of the series but they have to win game 2.

eagles_victory
06-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
If the Mavs shooters get hot like they did against LA the Mavs will win this thing. Tonight all the Mavs shooters were off and they played the Heat down to the last few minutes. I guess if they are gonna be off do it at the start of the series but they have to win game 2. Its called defense Miamis defense is way better than LAs so its not as easy as just making shots.

big daddy russ
06-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Just finished watching the 4th qtr on my DVR (someone told me the score at the end of the third, so I started there). Some thoughts...

-Scary to think the Heat are still learning how to play with each other.

-Pipp may be right, LBJ belongs in the discussion of greatest of all time..

-I usually don't complain about officiating, but tonight's crew was particularly bad. Didn't see the first three qtrs, so didn't get a feel for the flow of the game, but there were plenty of ticky-tack fouls being thrown around. Game one jitters for the refs?

-Offensive boards win games. Giving up offensive rebounds is no different than turning the ball over, and the Mavs can't afford not boxing out against a better team.

-The Dirk of tonight wasn't the Dirk of the Conference Finals. Dallas needs that Dirk to show up if they want to win.

-How did the Heat only manage a (12????)-point win?

-If Miami keeps putting Miller on Marion, Dallas needs to go to that matchup often. Miller struggled with that matchup in the fourth, but Dallas didn't find Marion nearly enough. The only time I saw Miller keep up with Marion was the back-down foul called against Miller that should've never been called.

-Back to James--best player of all-time? I'm convinced...

-...but there's a difference between "best" and "greatest."

-Dallas needs to stop rushing shots towards the end of games when they're in striking distance (single digits).

-Ball movement. Miami has it. Dallas doesn't...

-...Jason Terry is where ball movement goes to die.

-Dallas just looked overmatched in the fourth, but managed to hang around a while. Not a terrible loss, but Dirk needs to find that magic he left in OKC if they want to pull off wins in games like this.

-From the limited amount of the game I saw, the layover killed Dirk's offensive rhythm. Maybe Dallas pulls a Miami '06 and goes down big before Dirk gets hot and destroys Miami.

Eh, maybe not.

Txbroadcaster
06-01-2011, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
--Offensive boards win games. Giving up offensive rebounds is no different than turning the ball over, and the Mavs can't afford not boxing out against a better team.

-The Dirk of tonight wasn't the Dirk of the Conference Finals. Dallas needs that Dirk to show up if they want to win.

-Dallas needs to stop rushing shots towards the end of games when they're in striking distance (single digits).

-

this is how good Dirk is..he finished with 27 points yet had a "bad game"

I felt Dallas had better ballo rotation the whole game, they just did not make their shots...u said the ball dies with Terry..but in the first half he was money

IMO Dallas had more OPEN shots they missed than the Heat..if Dallas finds that shot they are ok

big daddy russ
06-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
this is how good Dirk is..he finished with 27 points yet had a "bad game"

I felt Dallas had better ballo rotation the whole game, they just did not make their shots...u said the ball dies with Terry..but in the first half he was money

IMO Dallas had more OPEN shots they missed than the Heat..if Dallas finds that shot they are ok
I didn't think Dirk had a bad game. I thought he went back to being a run-of-the-mill superstar. Dallas isn't good enough to beat the Heat without SuperDirk.

Maybe they did have better rotation throughout the game, but in the fourth it was awful. There were at least three times Terry made bad decisions.

Might go back and fast forward through the first three qtrs if I get a chance. I'd like to see what happened up until the fourth.

big daddy russ
06-01-2011, 12:51 AM

-I usually don't complain about officiating, but tonight's crew was particularly bad. Didn't see the first three qtrs, so didn't get a feel for the flow of the game, but there were plenty of ticky-tack fouls being thrown around. Game one jitters for the refs?
For the record, Steve Javie owes Tyson Chandler a Dilly Bar as a way to say he's sorry.

Txbroadcaster
06-01-2011, 12:52 AM
I didn't think Dirk had a bad game. I thought he went back to being a run-of-the-mill superstar. Dallas isn't good enough to beat the Heat without SuperDirk.

Maybe they did have better rotation throughout the game, but in the fourth it was awful. There were at least three times Terry made bad decisions.

Might go back and fast forward through the first three qtrs if I get a chance. I'd like to see what happened up until the fourth.

did not mean to say you thought Dirk had a bad game..just meant he is at a level that 27 points is not good enough

and yes watch the whole game..Dallas did a real good job of seeing the double team coming and passed out of it and at times they hit the shot, but most of the time they were missing wide open looks

big daddy russ
06-01-2011, 12:54 AM
did not mean to say you thought Dirk had a bad game..just meant he is at a level that 27 points is not good enough

and yes watch the whole game..Dallas did a real good job of seeing the double team coming and passed out of it and at times they hit the shot, but most of the time they were missing wide open looks
Gotcha.

eagles_victory
06-01-2011, 01:09 AM

and yes watch the whole game..Dallas did a real good job of seeing the double team coming and passed out of it and at times they hit the shot, but most of the time they were missing wide open looks Come on now your making it sound like Dallas was wide open all night and only stopped themselves.

orange machine
06-01-2011, 01:39 AM
Facts are Miami played good D but Dallas had many shots that they didn't make that they normally do. Dallas I felt played good defense for the most part but the bench was bad Peja sucked, Bera sucked, Terry sucked the 2nd half, Dirk scored 27 and that should be enough but he needed a 40 point night for Dallas to win since everybody else decided to all play bad tonight. Peja had 3 or 4 wide open 3's that he missed, Bera samething drives down the lane and generally makes the little runner or jump shot misses 4 or 5 times. I thought Kidd should have shot the ball more since the other guys were struggling.

Emerson1
06-01-2011, 04:41 AM
Barea*

Txbroadcaster
06-01-2011, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Come on now your making it sound like Dallas was wide open all night and only stopped themselves.

No I am saying when they were wide open they missed more than usual..even the announcers talked about it more than once how Dallas was getting the looks they just were not falling

Phil C
06-01-2011, 08:14 AM
If Dirk is hurt forget game 2. This series is over if so.

Txbroadcaster
06-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
If Dirk is hurt forget game 2. This series is over if so.

he is not missing any time Phil

Farmersfan
06-01-2011, 08:33 AM
I thought the Mavs played pretty good defense overall but gave up way too many Offensive rebounds. The Heat score in the 70's if the Mavs just get half those O- rebounds. My biggest concern was the streak shooters for the Mavs going cold and could the Mavs play tough enough defense to keep the Heat offense in check. Wade and Labron will get their points no matter what just like Dirk will get his. The question was if the rest of the Heat could hurt the Mavs with their shooting? I think it just goes to show that the Mavs can play good tough defense on Labron and Wade and if they can clean up the boards then the Mavs will stand a chance. The shooters going cold is something that is to be expected but how long will it last? And I think the biggest groan of protest when the Mavs signed Peja came from the Farmersfan household and now everyone is seeing why. He gives them NOTHING! I think Peja had 1 good game in the entire playoffs and only 4 out of 16 games where he scored over 10 points. (3 of them against LA) His defense is terrible and every single one of his stats is way down in the playoffs. On a night when JJ couldn't hit a layup, Peja couldn't make a single point, J. Terry went ice cold in the second half and even the big guys were missing layups and dunks that should have been And-Ones the Mavs were still in the game until the end.

Txbroadcaster
06-01-2011, 08:49 AM
I thought the Mavs played pretty good defense overall but gave up way too many Offensive rebounds. The Heat score in the 70's if the Mavs just get half those O- rebounds. My biggest concern was the streak shooters for the Mavs going cold and could the Mavs play tough enough defense to keep the Heat offense in check. Wade and Labron will get their points no matter what just like Dirk will get his. The question was if the rest of the Heat could hurt the Mavs with their shooting? I think it just goes to show that the Mavs can play good tough defense on Labron and Wade and if they can clean up the boards then the Mavs will stand a chance. The shooters going cold is something that is to be expected but how long will it last? And I think the biggest groan of protest when the Mavs signed Peja came from the Farmersfan household and now everyone is seeing why. He gives them NOTHING! I think Peja had 1 good game in the entire playoffs and only 4 out of 16 games where he scored over 10 points. (3 of them against LA) His defense is terrible and every single one of his stats is way down in the playoffs. On a night when JJ couldn't hit a layup, Peja couldn't make a single point, J. Terry went ice cold in the second half and even the big guys were missing layups and dunks that should have been And-Ones the Mavs were still in the game until the end.

Peja had 21 agianst Portland and 21 agianst the Lakers..but he is what he is..a shooter who cant do much else..but if he is on he will be the difference in a game..I think Dallas just hopes in a 7 game series he is on at least once or twice

Bullaholic
06-01-2011, 09:01 AM
No I am saying when they were wide open they missed more than usual..even the announcers talked about it more than once how Dallas was getting the looks they just were not falling

I agree--the story of the game last night was that the Mav's shots hit more iron than net. Plus, for some reason the Mavs looked kinda like a young boy on his first date---not really sure what to do.

Sweetwater Red
06-01-2011, 09:18 AM
I haven't read through this thread. But, I've been
listening to ESPN radio all morning and you'd
think the series was all ready over. :rolleyes:

Bullaholic
06-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I haven't read through this thread. But, I've been
listening to ESPN radio all morning and you'd
think the series was all ready over. :rolleyes:

LOL, Red....and if Dallas manages to win the next 2---it will be "What's wrong with the Heat?"...:D

Sweetwater Red
06-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
LOL, Red....and if Dallas manages to win the next 2---it will be "What's wrong with the Heat?"...:D

Exactly. :thumbsup:

Macarthur
06-01-2011, 12:27 PM

AGreed. If the Mavs get the same type of looks throughout the series, they will shoot a higher % than they did last night. They just have too many good shooters.

I do give Miami credit because they are def the best defensive team Dallas' has played, but some of those misses were still good looks.

If Dallas cleans up the rebounding and shoots to their average, they will be just fine.

What this series comes down to is that if Wade, James and the rest of the Heat shoot as well as they did from 3, they will be next to impossible to beat. History and the numbers tell you that they can't keep up that pace. They typically are just not that good. Will be interesting to see.

I also think you need to factor in coaching. I do think the Mavs have a distinct advantage in Carlisle. Will be interesting to see how he adjusts.

forum_guy
06-01-2011, 12:51 PM
At what point will people open their eyes and realize Miami has 3 of the 4 best offensive players on the court and the 2 best defensive players in Wade and Lebron. They should win and will win the series. Miami rotates on defense better than anyone dallas has played. Yeah the Mavs missed some open shots but dont discount the fact that Miami is far superior than any defense the Mavs have seen. It sucks to say it but in a close game when you got 3 superstars who you can go to instead of just one in Dirk, Miami will win this thing in 5

Bullaholic
06-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
At what point will people open their eyes and realize Miami has 3 of the 4 best offensive players on the court and the 2 best defensive players in Wade and Lebron. They should win and will win the series. Miami rotates on defense better than anyone dallas has played. Yeah the Mavs missed some open shots but dont discount the fact that Miami is far superior than any defense the Mavs have seen. It sucks to say it but in a close game when you got 3 superstars who you can go to instead of just one in Dirk, Miami will win this thing in 5

Is that the same Miami defense that the Mavs saw twice before this season? Miami is good, but they ain't that much better than the Mavs.

Macarthur
06-01-2011, 02:34 PM

Okay, I'm going to start at the end and work my way back.

First, lets clear the air here about the 3 superstar thing. Bosh is NOT a superstar. He's a very nice player, but he is not a superstar. One of the funniest things about all the crap that went along with this James to Miami was this revisionist history about Bosh. As I said, he is a very nice player and does some thing really well, but he is absolutely NOT a superstar.

Going back to the top, I do not think it's a given that Miami has 3 of the top4 offensive players in the game at any given point in time. Miami's top 3 do score a lot because the supporting cast outside of those 3 is very suspect. When Terry is going good, I think you could argue that he is a better OFFENSIVE player than Bosh.

No question that WAde and Lebron are great defensive players, but don't forget that during this playoff run, the Mavs have been a very good at TEAM DEFENSE, also.

Lastly, there's no question that Miami is the best defensive team the Mavs have faced, but to say 'far superior' is very subjective. And let's not forget, while the Heat were good, DAllas still missed some open looks that they normally don't.

Look, bottom line is that this was the first game and it was won by the home team. Let's see the coaches make some adjustments and then see where things stand after Thursday night. The worst thing you can do is look at the first game and extrapolate that out to the entire series.

eagles_victory
06-01-2011, 02:47 PM
If you would of told me in game 1 Dirk was going to take 12 free throws and Lebron and Wade were going to combine to take 7 I would of said Dallas better steal that game because that is unlikely to happen again. Thing is about the NBA playoffs is each game takes its own idenity and the next game will be a different kind of game. Dallas will clean up the rebounding and may shoot better but I also think Miami drives more and gets to the free throw line more in game 2.

Macarthur
06-01-2011, 03:00 PM
If you would of told me in game 1 Dirk was going to take 12 free throws and Lebron and Wade were going to combine to take 7 I would of said Dallas better steal that game because that is unlikely to happen again. Thing is about the NBA playoffs is each game takes its own idenity and the next game will be a different kind of game. Dallas will clean up the rebounding and may shoot better but I also think Miami drives more and gets to the free throw line more in game 2.

Well, sure. There's tons of variables.

Mavs fans can say that there's no way the Heat shoot almost 50% from 3 the whole series, which their history would say they won't.

Each team will look to certain stats to make them feel better about the next game. As you said, each game takes on its own identity.

eagles_victory
06-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Well, sure. There's tons of variables.

Mavs fans can say that there's no way the Heat shoot almost 50% from 3 the whole series, which their history would say they won't.

Each team will look to certain stats to make them feel better about the next game. As you said, each game takes on its own identity. You give Chalmers and Miller open looks they are going to knock them down. Miller has led the NBA in 3 point shooting before and Chalmers is more than a capable shooter. Hopefully Bibby will actually make a couple. I felt the reason Miami shot so much better last night was against Chicago and Boston they didn't get nearly as many good looks from 3.

Farmersfan
06-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Peja had 21 agianst Portland and 21 agianst the Lakers..but he is what he is..a shooter who cant do much else..but if he is on he will be the difference in a game..I think Dallas just hopes in a 7 game series he is on at least once or twice

If the Mavs are putting any faith on Peja then they are already doomed. Peja never has been a great shooter dispite how he is portrayed by the media. His career FG % is not high enough to justify his complete lack of defensive skills. Why the Mavs signed a over-the-hill Peja is beyond me. they certainly needed some punch off the bench but anybody should have known that peja was not it.................

forum_guy
06-01-2011, 03:38 PM
The worst thing you can do is look at the first game and extrapolate that out to the entire series.

I had heat in 5 before series and stand by it. I am not basing anything on game 1. All games will be close at the end and i just think when you got the options of lebron, bosh, and wade they will get it done.

Farmersfan
06-01-2011, 03:54 PM
You give Chalmers and Miller open looks they are going to knock them down. Miller has led the NBA in 3 point shooting before and Chalmers is more than a capable shooter. Hopefully Bibby will actually make a couple. I felt the reason Miami shot so much better last night was against Chicago and Boston they didn't get nearly as many good looks from 3.

Chalmers, Labron, Wade and Miller would all be ranked #4 or worst on the Mavs team in 3pt percentage on the season.

eagles_victory
06-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Chalmers, Labron, Wade and Miller would all be ranked #4 or worst on the Mavs team in 3pt percentage on the season. This isn't the regular season Miller is just starting to get healthy (he is still pretty banged up) Miami shot a better team percentage than Dallas did. Lebron is a whole other level as a 3 point shooter than he has ever been in these playoffs. Dallas also won both regular season games doesn't mean a thing right now.

big daddy russ
06-01-2011, 06:53 PM
This isn't the regular season Miller is just starting to get healthy (he is still pretty banged up) Miami shot a better team percentage than Dallas did. Lebron is a whole other level as a 3 point shooter than he has ever been in these playoffs. Dallas also won both regular season games doesn't mean a thing right now.
LeBron's at a whole other level athletically than any of these guys. If you put together a team of all-time greats who all played great defense--we'll say Isaiah Thomas, Jordan, Bird, Duncan, and Wilt--I'd go as far as to say LeBron would still get to the rack whenever he wants and look like a man among boys.

It's like watching a high school senior playing with/against sixth graders. Even D-Wade and Dirk have to put some effort into their game to create offense. LeBron just casually (but emphatically) stuffs that offense down their throats. It's not (and has never been) a challenge to him. And now that his defense has caught up to his athleticism, it's scary to watch.

I'm with you and everyone else who's reading a lot into one game. Just watching the teams to this point, Dallas has been playing above their heads all playoffs while the Heat simply overpower all comers. Now that Dallas is back to normal, their chances don't look too good.

eagles_victory
06-01-2011, 07:10 PM
LeBron's at a whole other level athletically than any of these guys. If you put together a team of all-time greats who all played great defense--we'll say Isaiah Thomas, Jordan, Bird, Duncan, and Wilt--I'd go as far as to say LeBron would still get to the rack whenever he wants and look like a man among boys.

It's like watching a high school senior playing with/against sixth graders. Even D-Wade and Dirk have to put some effort into their game to create offense. LeBron just casually (but emphatically) stuffs that offense down their throats. It's not (and has never been) a challenge to him. And now that his defense has caught up to his athleticism, it's scary to watch.

I'm with you and everyone else who's reading a lot into one game. Just watching the teams to this point, Dallas has been playing above their heads all playoffs while the Heat simply overpower all comers. Now that Dallas is back to normal, their chances don't look too good. I wouldn't say I read a whole lot into game 1 it is just I don't get why everyone is saying if Dallas makes shots they win. Miami shot 39 percent also its not like the Mavericks are the only team to make an adjustment. Plus game 1 is just what Miami does. Crabcakes and football is what Maryland does and playing a close game for 3 quarters and pulling away in the 4th and winning by 8 to 10 is Miami does. Keep it close keep it close then just say we got Bron we got Wade and you don't.

big daddy russ
06-01-2011, 11:56 PM
I wouldn't say I read a whole lot into game 1 it is just I don't get why everyone is saying if Dallas makes shots they win. Miami shot 39 percent also its not like the Mavericks are the only team to make an adjustment. Plus game 1 is just what Miami does. Crabcakes and football is what Maryland does and playing a close game for 3 quarters and pulling away in the 4th and winning by 8 to 10 is Miami does. Keep it close keep it close then just say we got Bron we got Wade and you don't.
That was more a take on Macarthur's quote. I'm reading into their whole body of work plus game one.

Macarthur
06-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Miami shot a better team percentage than Dallas did. Lebron is a whole other level as a 3 point shooter than he has ever been in these playoffs.

Are you talking about just this game?

The regular season shooting stats are almost identical for these teams.

However, in the playoffs Dallas is significantly better in FG% (48% v 44%), Better in 3PT% (39% v 34%) and FT% (82% v 77%).

That's why I said, based on history, no team (not just Miami) is not going to shoot 50% 3pt for the whole series.

eagles_victory
06-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Are you talking about just this game?

The regular season shooting stats are almost identical for these teams.

However, in the playoffs Dallas is significantly better in FG% (48% v 44%), Better in 3PT% (39% v 34%) and FT% (82% v 77%).

That's why I said, based on history, no team (not just Miami) is not going to shoot 50% 3pt for the whole series. yea I was talking about the regular season. And Dallas had to be pretty close to 50 percent for the Lakers series they had to at least be in the 40's. I don't judge a whole lot on the playoff numbers ( Dallas is a better shooting team by a small margin imo) I feel as if Miami has gone up against much better defensive teams than Dallas has.

Farmersfan
06-02-2011, 03:42 PM
This isn't the regular season Miller is just starting to get healthy (he is still pretty banged up) Miami shot a better team percentage than Dallas did. Lebron is a whole other level as a 3 point shooter than he has ever been in these playoffs. Dallas also won both regular season games doesn't mean a thing right now.

You keep changing your perspective so fast it is giving me whiplash. You compare the regular season stats that are in favor of the Heat but ignore the ones that favor Dallas. You keep claiming that Miami has played much tougher defenses but that is simply a matter of what criteria you use as a measuring stick. Points allowed and shooting percentages favor the Heat schedule but rebounds, blocks and steals favor the Mavs playoff opponents greatly. You also keep bringing up the Heat's schedule as being so much tougher because of the defenses they played but you disregard the fact that those same teams were in the bottom rankings for offensive numbers. So Dallas played the much tougher offensive teams and the Heat played the tougher defenses by a slight margin. In the regular season Chicago, Boston and Atlanta averaged allowing 93 pts a game while only scoring 97 (plus 4). Portland, Lakers and OKC averaged allowing 97 pts a game while scoring 101 (plus 4). The OKC team had two players that together averaged 50 pts a game and the Mavs beat them in 5 games. The Heat have two players that together average 52pts a game. Chris Bosh averaged 18 pts a game which was great but then you have to go all the way to #195 (past 7 Mavs) on the scoring list to find the next Heat. (Haslem @8pts a game).
It won't be easy for the Mavs to beat the Heat but let's stop acting like the Heat are unbeatable. If the Mavs play their game they can and will beat the Heat. They did it twice in the regular season.

Phil C
06-02-2011, 03:51 PM
This is an important game tonight. Dallas must win or their chances of winning the series is practically none at all. Remember Dallas can't come from a 0-2 deficite like Miami did several years ago against them. I won't be able to watch the game because I am going to the Robstown vs Columbia baseball playoff game. I expect the Heat to pull ahead in the fourth quarter just like the first game.

eagles_victory
06-02-2011, 04:18 PM
You keep changing your perspective so fast it is giving me whiplash. You compare the regular season stats that are in favor of the Heat but ignore the ones that favor Dallas. You keep claiming that Miami has played much tougher defenses but that is simply a matter of what criteria you use as a measuring stick. Points allowed and shooting percentages favor the Heat schedule but rebounds, blocks and steals favor the Mavs playoff opponents greatly. You also keep bringing up the Heat's schedule as being so much tougher because of the defenses they played but you disregard the fact that those same teams were in the bottom rankings for offensive numbers. So Dallas played the much tougher offensive teams and the Heat played the tougher defenses by a slight margin. In the regular season Chicago, Boston and Atlanta averaged allowing 93 pts a game while only scoring 97 (plus 4). Portland, Lakers and OKC averaged allowing 97 pts a game while scoring 101 (plus 4). The OKC team had two players that together averaged 50 pts a game and the Mavs beat them in 5 games. The Heat have two players that together average 52pts a game. Chris Bosh averaged 18 pts a game which was great but then you have to go all the way to #195 (past 7 Mavs) on the scoring list to find the next Heat. (Haslem @8pts a game).
It won't be easy for the Mavs to beat the Heat but let's stop acting like the Heat are unbeatable. If the Mavs play their game they can and will beat the Heat. They did it twice in the regular season. First off regular season doesn't mean anything both teams are way different now then they were then. Hell the Mavs leading scorer in the first game was Caron Butler he isn't even playing. Two of Miamis current starters aren't even touching the floor now Arroyo was traded and Z is getting DNPs. Boston took the regular season 3-1 and Chicago took it 3-0 same with the Lakers taking 2 of 3 from Dallas. Throw out games from November and December when its June. (07 Cleveland beat San Antonio both times in the regular seasons Spurs fans help me remember how that final went)

I have been a little contradictory with the stats people on here just act like the Heat cant shoot and everyone besides the big 3 suck and that just isn't the case. I never said the Heat were unbeatable but they are a great team but I take nothing away from the Mavs they are a great team and this will be a good series even though Im still taking Heat in 6. I just really get tired of the stigma that Chalmers Miller Haslem and Anthony suck and are just along for the ride. Forget the stats you can quote stats all day stats don't matter now its about what happens on the court.

Also, comparing Durant and Westbrook to Bron and Wade is just disrespectful not even close and also why are you quoting Atlanta stats must of missed that series.

waterboy
06-02-2011, 04:21 PM
:eek: I agree with Farmersfan. The Mavericks are a better team than what they showed in Game 1. The shots they normally make weren't falling. Absolutely nobody was shooting a high percentage for the Mavs, and it wasn't because of the Heat's "superior" defense, which I think is highly subjective, by the way. If the Mavs can hit a few of those shots that they normally make, Game 1 would've went to the Mavs. I still don't see how the Heat is considered by some people to be a "superior" team. I don't see a lot of disparity between on either side of the ball.

eagles_victory
06-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
:eek: I agree with Farmersfan. The Mavericks are a better team than what they showed in Game 1. The shots they normally make weren't falling. Absolutely nobody was shooting a high percentage for the Mavs, and it wasn't because of the Heat's "superior" defense, which I think is highly subjective, by the way. If the Mavs can hit a few of those shots that they normally make, Game 1 would've went to the Mavs. I still don't see how the Heat is considered by some people to be a "superior" team. I don't see a lot of disparity between on either side of the ball. Yeah your right Miami doesn't play that good of defense they have gotten really lucky and caught teams on the wrong night all year that luck has to run out soon right.

waterboy
06-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Yeah your right Miami doesn't play that good of defense they have gotten really lucky and caught teams on the wrong night all year that luck has to run out soon right.
I never said they don't play good defense. They are a good defensive team, no doubt about it, but there's not as much disparity between these two teams on the defensive side of the ball as what you are making out. The Mavericks got a lot of the open looks they were looking for in Game 1, they just weren't falling. The Mavericks looked a little tight and rusty in Game 1 offensively. The Heat weren't shooting a high percentage either, but their shots started falling toward the end of the 3rd period and into the 4th, while the Mavs shots were not. That was the only glaring difference between the teams in Game 1.

forum_guy
06-02-2011, 04:59 PM
If if if the mavs would have made more shots they would have won. If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. People do realize miami shot 38% right? If their shots would have fell they would have won by more. Lol

waterboy
06-02-2011, 05:02 PM
If if if the mavs would have made more shots they would have win. If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. People do realize miami shot 38% too right? If their shots would have fell they would have won by more.
They made the shots when it counted, the Mavs didn't. That's why the Heat are up 1-0 in the series.:rolleyes:

forum_guy
06-02-2011, 05:08 PM
They made the shots when it counted, the Mavs didn't. That's why the Heat are up 1-0 in the series.:rolleyes:

Which basically sums up why the heat will win the series. The reason they made them when they count is because they have 3 guys to go to in the clutch who can create for themselves. That's not going to change. We saw what happened when wade guarded Terry 2nd half. Basically the mavs have one go to guy at the end who Lebron can essentially slow down. I will take the team with 3 guys.

big daddy russ
06-02-2011, 06:34 PM
I never said they don't play good defense. They are a good defensive team, no doubt about it, but there's not as much disparity between these two teams on the defensive side of the ball as what you are making out. The Mavericks got a lot of the open looks they were looking for in Game 1, they just weren't falling. The Mavericks looked a little tight and rusty in Game 1 offensively. The Heat weren't shooting a high percentage either, but their shots started falling toward the end of the 3rd period and into the 4th, while the Mavs shots were not. That was the only glaring difference between the teams in Game 1. The Mavs are (were?) a streaking team while the Heat are a peaking team. Dallas has been up and down all season, but we generally know what we're getting with the Mavs. Miami's been building all season to what they are now.

I think Dallas is too good not to take a game or two, but Miami just looks like something else. And it pains me to say that.

And they're just getting started. They're just learning to play with each other and boast both the league's best player and one of its best closers. Downright scary.

forum_guy
06-02-2011, 06:49 PM
The Mavs are (were?) a streaking team while the Heat are a peaking team. Dallas has been up and down all season, but we generally know what we're getting with the Mavs. Miami's been building all season to what they are now.

I think Dallas is too good not to take a game or two, but Miami just looks like something else. And it pains me to say that.

And they're just getting started. They're just learning to play with each other and boast both the league's best player and one of its best closers. Downright scary.

Finally a mavs fan who is a realist and took the homer glasses off. Props to you man. I thought heat in 5 from the beginning.

Farmersfan
06-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Which basically sums up why the heat will win the series. The reason they made them when they count is because they have 3 guys to go to in the clutch who can create for themselves. That's not going to change. We saw what happened when wade guarded Terry 2nd half. Basically the mavs have one go to guy at the end who Lebron can essentially slow down. I will take the team with 3 guys.

Jason Terry's second half shooting woes had more to do with Jason Terry than it did Labron James. He missed wide open shots in both halves.....

Sweetwater Red
06-03-2011, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

And here we go Bull...

Gottlieb and Brussard agree that Spoelstra(sp?) lost it for the Heat by putting Bosh on Dirk at
the end of the game. :rolleyes:

Farmersfan
06-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
And here we go Bull...

Gottlieb and Brussard agree that Spoelstra(sp?) lost it for the Heat by putting Bosh on Dirk at
the end of the game. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure the Heat have another option that could have done better against Dirk in that situation one-on-one. I question why they didn't take the foul they had to give or why they didn't double team Dirk but at that point a double team would have left someone else open and the Mavs were on a roll and i suspect the open man would have hit the shot. At least I like to think they would have.