PDA

View Full Version : Question about Falls City

HawkEye
05-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Anybody know what community/people/town is like? I know that won the Class A title this year. Any info would be appreciated.

Antec
05-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Sure don't
Is Falls City next to Poth on 281?

Think i drove through it one time going from San Antonio after going to the Kerrville Folk Festival

Was on a Memorial Day Monday and was to cover a high school playoff game in Kenedy and was rained out

I was so tired of driving that I stayed at a motel in Goliad and drove back to work on a Tuesday morning

Roc96
05-28-2011, 07:11 PM
I spoke recently with a couple of coaches from Falls City. They stated that it was a pretty nice place to coach for a few reasons. 1) The town is very supportive of the high school. 2) The coaches don't have do the tip toe-ing around players to avoid hurting sensitive feelings or being accused of overworking kids. They demand a great deal from their kids, and the kids put out. 3) The kids show a level of respect that is uncommon in many schools nowadays.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-28-2011, 09:34 PM
home town of Sinton baseball coach Gene Kaspryzk.

turbostud
05-29-2011, 01:06 AM
Falls City is south southeast of San Antonio on 181, in between Floresville and Karnes City.

bobcat1
05-29-2011, 07:15 AM
I know some real good people that live there. They love it there. Good place to raise kids.

HawkEye
05-29-2011, 09:59 AM
What are their sports programs like? I know they are state champs in football. What are they like in everything else? Boys and girls sports?

SintonFan
05-29-2011, 10:36 AM
They are the Beavers.
nm

Eagle 1
05-29-2011, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by HawkEye
Anybody know what community/people/town is like? I know that won the Class A title this year. Any info would be appreciated.

Are you thinking about putting if for a coaching job?
If so, from what I understand they are a very supportive community in all sports, not just football.

HawkEye
05-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Where do they play their youth league sports? Do they have enough local participation or do they go to one of the local bigger towns?

44INAROW
05-29-2011, 10:07 PM
and you can eat at the original SHORTY's on a regular basis.......... my hopefully "soon to be" daughter in law, is a graduate of and a Falls City Beaverette.. Her family has been farming and ranching there for years. She loved growing up there. I believe they have good support for girls and boys programs and I bet 99% of the kids are hard working and don't need to be put on a pedistal.

HawkEye
05-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
and you can eat at the original SHORTY's on a regular basis.......... my hopefully "soon to be" daughter in law, is a graduate of and a Falls City Beaverette.. Her family has been farming and ranching there for years. She loved growing up there. I believe they have good support for girls and boys programs and I bet 99% of the kids are hard working and don't need to be put on a pedistal.

Sounds like heaven on earth. Hard working Polish-Texans, who make their kids work hard/excel in school. And, they win in sports (DII State Football Champs). May be the place I into very seriously.

Ernest T Bass
05-30-2011, 05:28 PM
If small town and South Texas are ok with you, then FC is one of the best gigs in Texas. Some guys are geographically bound and some don't like the small towns/schools. Those are the ONLY possible downsides to coaching in Falls City. If those aren't issues, then jump on it!!

HawkEye
05-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
If small town and South Texas are ok with you, then FC is one of the best gigs in Texas. Some guys are geographically bound and some don't like the small towns/schools. Those are the ONLY possible downsides to coaching in Falls City. If those aren't issues, then jump on it!!

They are looking for both Head Basketball and Head Baseball. Two guys must have made their mark and are moving on. Thinking hard about looking into FC.

hsfootballfan
05-30-2011, 10:25 PM
Falls City is a great place. The community support for their schools & teams is unbelievable. I was at their State Championship football game this past year, and the following they had was just awesome, not just from Falls City, but also from the surrounding communities. I think they had something like 7 or 8 chartered buses that made the trip, in addition to too many vehicles in the parking lot with "Go Beavers" on them to count. Not bad for a town with about 500 residents and a school with something like 110 students. In addition to winning State in football, I believe the girls basketball team advanced to the state tournament this year. They traditionally have a very strong showing in track every year. I've been to 1A track meets where many schools show up with a single van with their track team members, and FC shows up with 2 or 3 buses full. The kids are definitely not afraid of working hard to get where they want to be, and they have the support of family, community, & faith behind them all the way. I've met several kids from Falls City, and they are some of the most well-mannered, down-to-earth, hard-working kids I've ever met. The parents I've seen at different events seem to truly treat each and every kid with "FC" on their uniform as if they were their own kid, whether they were a player, cheerleader, band member, or whatever. Very positive atmosphere all the way around.