PDA

View Full Version : Uefa Championship

eagles_victory
05-28-2011, 02:21 PM
1 to 1 Rooney just tied it up after Pedro scored early.

coach
05-29-2011, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
1 to 1 Rooney just tied it up after Pedro scored early.

I was scolded by Jeff for watching it. When Rooney scored I said WAYNE. he then said I'd be embarrassed if I knew their actual names. I responded by saying not as embarrassed as knowing the American idol contestant names lol

eagles_victory
05-29-2011, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by coach
I was scolded by Jeff for watching it. When Rooney scored I said WAYNE. he then said I'd be embarrassed if I knew their actual names. I responded by saying not as embarrassed as knowing the American idol contestant names lol Why is he being a hater?

duckhunter
05-29-2011, 09:27 AM
it was a fun game to watch. its unbelievable the difference in play between UEFA teams and MLS teams. the quality of players is remarkable

forum_guy
05-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Messi is amazing. And seriously what is MLS? Lol

eagles_victory
05-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Thats the reason MLS will never be successful when you can watch the best football, baseball, basketball, and hockey leagues in America why are you going to watch the 6th or 7th best soccer league as a mainstream fan. Ill never watch MLS but will definitely watch La Liga, EPL, and Serie A.

duckhunter
06-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Thats the reason MLS will never be successful when you can watch the best football, baseball, basketball, and hockey leagues in America why are you going to watch the 6th or 7th best soccer league as a mainstream fan. Ill never watch MLS but will definitely watch La Liga, EPL, and Serie A.

Hypothetically speaking if MLS were able to shell out some money and bring some of the best in the world to the league and keep their stars here you wouldn't watch? yes you would......maybe not this year, or next but within the next tweny years MLS will be considered a legit league. They are rapidly building new stadiums and franchises. New York, Seattle and L.A. already proved they can bring superstars to this league. IMO before too long some owners are going to fork out some big cash to bring the stars over. Others will follow after that....Will it ever be as legit as Premier League? no, but the league is improving every year. Proof is in the Gold Cup wins and the other CONCAAF tourny's

Txbroadcaster
06-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
Hypothetically speaking if MLS were able to shell out some money and bring some of the best in the world to the league and keep their stars here you wouldn't watch? yes you would......maybe not this year, or next but within the next tweny years MLS will be considered a legit league. They are rapidly building new stadiums and franchises. New York, Seattle and L.A. already proved they can bring superstars to this league. IMO before too long some owners are going to fork out some big cash to bring the stars over. Others will follow after that....Will it ever be as legit as Premier League? no, but the league is improving every year. Proof is in the Gold Cup wins and the other CONCAAF tourny's

New York did that in the 70's..they brought in Pele, Girogio,, Beckenbauer etc, etc..and they packed in the stands 60K-70K each game..but the TV production of the games were TERRIBLE and at odd times and the nation did not really catch onto soccer

forum_guy
06-01-2011, 05:39 PM
They can build as many stadiums and start all kind of expansion teams but MLS will always be a joke
compared to premiere.

eagles_victory
06-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
Hypothetically speaking if MLS were able to shell out some money and bring some of the best in the world to the league and keep their stars here you wouldn't watch? yes you would......maybe not this year, or next but within the next tweny years MLS will be considered a legit league. They are rapidly building new stadiums and franchises. New York, Seattle and L.A. already proved they can bring superstars to this league. IMO before too long some owners are going to fork out some big cash to bring the stars over. Others will follow after that....Will it ever be as legit as Premier League? no, but the league is improving every year. Proof is in the Gold Cup wins and the other CONCAAF tourny's What I was saying is the quality isn't that good. The situation you are suggesting is exactly what I was saying the MLS needs to do. But, it won't happen why be the 4th or 5th show in town in the U.S. when you can play in Europe and be the biggest star in your respective city. The pay the guys get in Europe is great I don't see them jumping ship to come over here. Every now and then Ill watch the Galaxy but unless Clint Dempsey comes back over to play I dont see me watching MLS.

duckhunter
06-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
They can build as many stadiums and start all kind of expansion teams but MLS will always be a joke
compared to premiere.

MLS might not be on the same level as Premier League, but to call it a joke is ridiculous. You cant compare apples and oranges. MLS knows they will never be on the same level as Premier League, but recent all star games and results from friendlys do show that the level of players in the MLS are improving. If you match up L.A. or New York against Wolves, or Fulham in a best of 10 series I can promise you the EPL teams are gunna skunk them. The quality of teams in the lower half of the EPL would match up well with some of the better MLS teams IMO. Not every team in the EPL or Serie A plays at the same level as the ManU's and AC Milan's......basically what I'm saying is dont compare the biggest of the big dogs in UEFA league football to MLS teams.

duckhunter
06-02-2011, 05:09 PM
But, it won't happen why be the 4th or 5th show in town in the U.S. when you can play in Europe and be the biggest star in your respective city. The pay the guys get in Europe is great I don't see them jumping ship to come over here.

That IMO is the biggest chink in the chain

forum_guy
06-02-2011, 05:13 PM
It's like comparing Minor league baseball to pro. Lol no sense in comparing.