PDA

View Full Version : Prayers, please

LH Panther Mom
05-28-2011, 08:23 AM
Mr. 44INAROW is in the hospital and in need of a few prayers. I won't go into details; I'll let Lorey do that if she wants.

trojandad
05-28-2011, 08:53 AM
done and done :(

OldBison75
05-28-2011, 09:23 AM
My sincere prayers are being sent for healing and comfort.

Tired ole Bobcat
05-28-2011, 09:31 AM
Done!

Bullaholic
05-28-2011, 10:09 AM
Prayers from Bull Country for Mr. 44IAR, Lorey.....I know just having a person like you for a wife will see him through anything.....God Bless you and your family.

zebrablue2
05-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Prayers said and sent!!!

Roughneck93
05-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Done. Prayers sent.

SHSBulldog00
05-28-2011, 10:54 AM
Prayers said and sent from SHS.

K-MAC Chuck
05-28-2011, 11:42 AM
Definitely done. God speed.

bobcat1
05-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Prayers sent for Mr and Mrs 44inarow. :(

1st and goal
05-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Prayers from Giddings.

44INAROW
05-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Trying to reply on my Blackberry lol. Thanks for the prayers! He has Diverticulitous and lots of chest congestion, so the coughing aggravates the gut! Think we are here til Monday. Surgery in 6 weeks is the plan. Any mod pls fix any typos lol. My brower is itty bitty and I can't read what I wrote :)

Antec
05-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Prayers from Wharton County

My health is not up to par either lately
Wife had to take me to the emergency room on Tuesday night

Reds fan
05-28-2011, 03:38 PM

necks88
05-28-2011, 03:40 PM
prayers sent from roughneck country.

garciap77
05-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Mr. 44INAROW is in the hospital and in need of a few prayers. I won't go into details; I'll let Lorey do that if she wants.

Prayers for Mr. 44.

Bull's-eye
05-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Prayers from Sugar Land :)

Phil C
05-28-2011, 10:56 PM
Prayers from Sinton for a complete recovery.

zebrablue2
05-29-2011, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Trying to reply on my Blackberry lol. Thanks for the prayers! He has Diverticulitous and lots of chest congestion, so the coughing aggravates the gut! Think we are here til Monday. Surgery in 6 weeks is the plan. Any mod pls fix any typos lol. My brower is itty bitty and I can't read what I wrote :)

Here's to a speedy recovery wish for him 44! I hear diverticulitous is very painful. Wishing him all the best!!!

LionFan72
05-29-2011, 10:18 AM
44 prayers sent your way! Very painful! God Bless!

SintonFan
05-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Prayers sent.

CheerMom
05-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Prayers coming your way.....

44INAROW
05-29-2011, 09:52 PM
update.. he's somewhat better but the fever started back this afternoon and he keeps bloating up.. not sure what's going on.. ggrrrr so now we are not sure if he'll come home tomorrow or not.. They started him on "soft foods" today - I think they are seeing "how that goes" (if you know what I mean) at least he's not "critical" anymore.. that's some scary stuff when the doctor tells me to "spend the night, just in case" wow OK ..

I came home tonight and plan on sleeping 8 hours lol :) He was happy to see the youngest granddaughter and daughter in law today.. he really hasn't felt like visitors but he did for them today.. thanks for the prayers.. I think he's got a long road ahead of him - he is also trying to quit smoking - since he has 5 days under his belt so far. He's been getting breathing treatments and on a Nicoderm patch. His oxygen level has been at 92-95% whatever that means. Oh, and let me give you'll some friendly advise.. if you are ever in a hospital and hooked up to IV's and they give you Demerol for pain (he only got that 2 times) ask them to HOLD OFF the LASIX until the Demerol wears off.. OMG it is funny now, but it WAS NOT funny then.. trying to get his loaded a$$ to and from the bathroom, every 15 mins - (he's a big, ole boy) packing that IV pole.. and without going into too much detail - they were doing "input and output" so they were measuring - so you guys can figure out how that happens.......... :D thanks again for the prayers.......... (espeically for me when he comes home - that no smoking is going to be a true test, seriously!)

CHS_CG
05-30-2011, 12:19 AM
Prayers from Caldwell.. hoping for the best!

Yoe_09
05-30-2011, 12:30 AM
Prayers from Cameron.

SintonFan
05-30-2011, 01:12 AM
More prayers sent, Lorey.

sinton66
05-30-2011, 05:01 AM
Please keep us updated Lorey. I'll keep Pee Wee in my prayers and say one for you too.

bobcat1
05-30-2011, 07:27 AM
More prayers sent you and Mr. 44 Lorey. Hospital time is tough on everyone.

trojandad
05-30-2011, 08:58 AM
update.. he's somewhat better but the fever started back this afternoon and he keeps bloating up.. not sure what's going on.. ggrrrr so now we are not sure if he'll come home tomorrow or not.. They started him on "soft foods" today - I think they are seeing "how that goes" (if you know what I mean) at least he's not "critical" anymore.. that's some scary stuff when the doctor tells me to "spend the night, just in case" wow OK ..

I came home tonight and plan on sleeping 8 hours lol :) He was happy to see the youngest granddaughter and daughter in law today.. he really hasn't felt like visitors but he did for them today.. thanks for the prayers.. I think he's got a long road ahead of him - he is also trying to quit smoking - since he has 5 days under his belt so far. He's been getting breathing treatments and on a Nicoderm patch. His oxygen level has been at 92-95% whatever that means. Oh, and let me give you'll some friendly advise.. if you are ever in a hospital and hooked up to IV's and they give you Demerol for pain (he only got that 2 times) ask them to HOLD OFF the LASIX until the Demerol wears off.. OMG it is funny now, but it WAS NOT funny then.. trying to get his loaded a$$ to and from the bathroom, every 15 mins - (he's a big, ole boy) packing that IV pole.. and without going into too much detail - they were doing "input and output" so they were measuring - so you guys can figure out how that happens.......... :D thanks again for the prayers.......... (espeically for me when he comes home - that no smoking is going to be a true test, seriously!)

i spent almost 11 months in md anderson in 95 for liver cancer treatments, nothing worked to stop it, only slowed it a lot....my then 9 yr old came in late one night and when his mom stepped out, said "daddy, you dont have to stay alive for me, you can go see jesus if it hurts too bad, i wont mind"....havent had a speck on the mri's or x-rays since,they still shake their heads when they see me coming down the hall....how much the faith of a child touches His heart....

prayer doesnt always change things, sometimes the answer is a caring "no", but until then life means chance and prayer, though silent, is powerful, and if prayer is powerful, you should hear what He is hearing right now....so happy hes not critical anymore....

SHSBulldog00
05-30-2011, 09:41 AM
My dad spent 7 days in the hospital four years ago due to shallowness of breathe. It was difficult for him to quit smoking but in the 4 years since he has not had a cigarette. He use to think about it when my sister smoked around him but he now can't stand the smoke. If you want him to quit smoking you have to be firm at first. Hope everything works out.

bobcat1
05-30-2011, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
i spent almost 11 months in md anderson in 95 for liver cancer treatments, nothing worked to stop it, only slowed it a lot....my then 9 yr old came in late one night and when his mom stepped out, said "daddy, you dont have to stay alive for me, you can go see jesus if it hurts too bad, i wont mind"....havent had a speck on the mri's or x-rays since,they still shake their heads when they see me coming down the hall....how much the faith of a child touches His heart....

prayer doesnt always change things, sometimes the answer is a caring "no", but until then life means chance and prayer, though silent, is powerful, and if prayer is powerful, you should hear what He is hearing right now....so happy hes not critical anymore.... That is awesome. I too was healed from Cancer when I was a little boy. The doctors said I would be dead by 5 years of age. The next month they took me back and the tumor in my head was gone. The only explanation the doctors had was that it had to be a miraculous touch of the Lord. I'm 54 now. Prayer changes things for sure.

trojandad
05-30-2011, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
That is awesome. I too was healed from Cancer when I was a little boy. The doctors said I would be dead by 5 years of age. The next month they took me back and the tumor in my head was gone. The only explanation the doctors had was that it had to be a miraculous touch of the Lord. I'm 54 now. Prayer changes things for sure.

explains a lot about your heart for your sister in law.....:iagree:

LHS 2SONS
05-30-2011, 11:17 AM
Prayers from La Grange

lulu
05-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Prayers for him and hugs for you.

Blue42
05-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Praying for Mr. 44 and you and your family.

MUSTANG69
05-31-2011, 07:35 AM
Prayers from Ingleside

44INAROW
05-31-2011, 10:43 PM
He's home......... so far, so good - no pain nor fever.. :) Obviously, he is weak and not feeling 100% with very little appetite, but his doctor and surgeon both said to except that for a week or so. He started SLOWLY integrating "real food" (bland but better than broth and jello) into his diet. Speaking of diets, there will be one of those too, in the near-future!!!! And, so far, no smoking for 6 days and counting - fingers crossed that continues........ (I hope I am this positive tomorrow night :))

We got the green-light to continue our vacation plans for the middle of the month (as long as he "behaves"). He'll have more "stuff" (including surgery) done when we get back from vacation, provided he is infection-free.

Thanks again for all the good thoughts and prayers - we really appreciate it!!!!

trojandad
06-08-2011, 07:27 AM

this just hit me the other day....if you gave him lasix, why not just use the bedside urinal? it just affects #1, right? at least thats all it affects for me.....

i know, silly question....

44INAROW
06-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
this just hit me the other day....if you gave him lasix, why not just use the bedside urinal? it just affects #1, right? at least thats all it affects for me.....

i know, silly question....

lol I have a funny story but he'd get pi$$ed (pun intended) if I shared it..... Update.. He went for followup yesterday - things going along according to the plan. He will stay on antibiotics until his surgery (just to be safe) Today is day 14 of no smoking and he hasn't yelled at me once :) thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers! I'll update when he has the surgery

trojandad
06-08-2011, 10:21 AM
im sure there was a good reason for having to make the trip, but the possibility of overlooking a simple answer to a problem reminded me of whatwas one of the funniest revelations i ever saw unveil itself.....ill try to tell it quick...

i had a pastor whom i attended both of his brothers weddings with him, this pastor had 5 daughters, no sons, a point that will weight heavily....anyway, at the first wedding (he was best man at both) i see him bend down to listen and whisper something to the tiny ring bearer, his nephew, then they went back to watching the vows, about 20 minutes later the little guy pulls on the pastors leg, whispers again, and he takes the little guy off stage and everyone got a chuckle, knowing he probably needed a potty break...

fast forward 3 yrs to his second brothers wedding, the pastor (his name was phil) did all his duties, then at the reception, they hand phil the mike...he starts talking and his talk goes back to the 1st wedding when the little guy needed to go and he artfully postponed him, only later to hear him say "i have to go NOW"...

so then phil goes into the trip to the stall (which started everyone scratching their heads and looking around about why he wouldn't have just used the urinal)...he describes how he is mumbling to himself about why the little guy wasnt taken earlier while hes telling how much trouble it was to undo the cumberbun, make sure the vest was out of the way, how he had to get the pants and undies pulled down then FINALLY get him on the pot and wait for the finish....

his whole point was to get across how much effort it was for a 6'6" guy to do all this that close to the ground, yet all during his description the audience has gone from slightly chuckling to falling over laughing...he finally realizes they arent laughing at what he thinks they are laughing at....he stops puzzled, then asks "whats so funny?"....i walk over to him and whisper "phil, you just admitted to putting that little guy on the pot the same way youd help your daughters there, he had a zipper, you could have been finished in 10 seconds.....

when he realized this 3 yr goof he had kept from himself, the look on his face caused the biggest laughter ive ever heard from 250 people....it was the most genuinely funny moment that just naturally occurred in my life....and by your description of mr 44, i thought we might have had one here......i had to take the chance, it was too good to pass up.....

keep us informed about him....:D

44INAROW
06-08-2011, 10:51 AM
That's funny :) Humor is the best medicine :)

Cam
06-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Good to know you're home and feelin' better.....but I gots to know something......I've always wondered what you've done "44 times in a row"??? Or is it related to a team accomplishment??
Take care!

44INAROW
06-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Good to know you're home and feelin' better.....but I gots to know something......I've always wondered what you've done "44 times in a row"??? Or is it related to a team accomplishment??
Take care!
that would be Cuero winning 44 games in a row.. 1973, 1974 and 1975 Two STate Championships and lost the 3rd one to Ennis.. That was the 1st and only game the "boys" in my class ever lost.. Undefeated 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and lost the final game of 1975... I made the name up on a whim, years ago when I signed up for Pigskin Prep and it stuck..

Cam
06-08-2011, 01:21 PM
that would be Cuero winning 44 games in a row.. 1973, 1974 and 1975 Two STate Championships and lost the 3rd one to Ennis.. That was the 1st and only game the "boys" in my class ever lost.. Undefeated 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and lost the final game of 1975... I made the name up on a whim, years ago when I signed up for Pigskin Prep and it stuck..

wow! that was quite an accomplishment! And all this time I was thinkin' maybe, just maybe, it was something nasty...had it been, you'd be a lyin' SOB!! ...Go Gobblers!! :D

trojandad
06-08-2011, 02:03 PM

i was at that game with ennis....great game by both teams....

Antec
06-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Prayers from Hungerford (Mike and Cindy)

Wish I could get myself healthy-Have been going to the doctor for my stomach problems and throat like infection for almost two weeks now.

Medications don't seem to be helpig. Wife thinks it my nervers and anxiety since I don''t have a job.

trojandad
06-09-2011, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Antec
Prayers from Hungerford (Mike and Cindy)

Wish I could get myself healthy-Have been going to the doctor for my stomach problems and throat like infection for almost two weeks now.

Medications don't seem to be helpig. Wife thinks it my nervers and anxiety since I don''t have a job.

then prayers from the dialysis chair, cause health AND contentment are needed.....