PDA

View Full Version : Banking

Bullaholic
05-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Are you a drive-thru or inside teller person? I do almost everything in the drive-thru and online.

Going to the bank on Fridays is a beating! :mad:

FB-fanatic
05-27-2011, 04:13 PM
Direct deposit payroll checks, debit card everything, bill-pay online phones, newspaper, etc. Don't normally carry cash, swing through ATM occasionally. My bank covers up to $20 in ATM fees from other banks per month. Deposit checks into ATM that I get by hand. Don't have to use the drive through or walk-in.

PPHSfan
05-27-2011, 04:14 PM
I go inside, but only because they're so nice to me.

Plus it's hard to send forty seven nickel rolls through the tube.

nobogey72
05-27-2011, 04:17 PM
At my bank, on Fridays, we give our customers free popcorn, Dr. Peppers, and lap dances. I just finished giving a lap dance as a matter of fact. I think the old lady enjoyed it. It was tough crawling up on her wheel chair though. Hardly worth the $1 tip she gave me. We're an all-purpose bank. Aiming to please. The popcorn is good today, extra salty. Ya'll come on by sometime.

AP Panther Fan
05-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Plus it's hard to send forty seven nickel rolls through the tube.

You'd be surprised how many people try.

AP Panther Fan
05-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
At my bank, on Fridays, we give our customers free popcorn, Dr. Peppers, and lap dances. I just finished giving a lap dance as a matter of fact. I think the old lady enjoyed it. It was tough crawling up on her wheel chair though. Hardly worth the $1 tip she gave me. We're an all-purpose bank. Aiming to please.

She's gonna ask you to refund that $1.00 next week.

Bullaholic
05-27-2011, 04:47 PM
I guess I'm getting cranky in my old age, but it seems like I get behind somebody trying to do international monetary transactions in the drive-thru ahead of me nearly everytime.

AP Panther Fan
05-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I guess I'm getting cranky in my old age, but it seems like I get behind somebody trying to do international monetary transactions in the drive-thru ahead of me nearly everytime.

Yes, those people definitely need to come inside so we can torture them ... slowly. ;)

Blastoderm55
05-27-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm a low maintenance bank customer now that I'm no longer in the field. Now that my bank has built a branch with a drive-thru, I'll probably never go inside again.

It got pretty sickening seeing the same people every day. I didn't mind the people who were coming on payday. I'm talking about the people who literally came in everyday to see if by some chance more money magically appeared in their accounts and then whine about why their accounts were overdrawn. And personal banking doesn't mean we'll balance your checkbook people! :mad:

AP Panther Fan
05-27-2011, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
And personal banking doesn't mean we'll balance your checkbook people! :mad:

And please...just once...try filling out your own deposit slip.:D

Blastoderm55
05-27-2011, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
And please...just once...try filling out your own deposit slip.:D

What do I write in this box?

Write "Imbecile." :)

44INAROW
05-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I totally know what you mean.. so frustrating.... when I HAVE to go to the bank for personal business, it's usually at the drive-thru - do majority of my banking via EFT, Auto Deposit and pay online if at all possible. have 90% of my stuff auto draft - it is so nice - all paycheck type stuff is auto deposit.. I do take the work deposits sometime and do enjoy going inside to visit while they are completing the deposit but that is strictly "girll talk" with the other girls lol....

Bullaholic
05-27-2011, 09:08 PM
I usually have my daily deposits organized, correctly totaled, and with the correct acct no. filled in. I rarely have to talk to the teller or have multiple passes of the tube. I do sometimes go in the lobby just to visit with everyone, however, as this is kind of a small-town tradition.

STANG RED
05-27-2011, 09:10 PM
I cant even remember the last time I was in the bank. I get direct deposit, and have all my bills set up to pay online. They could fire all the tellers and I wouldnt know a thing about it. Hey thats not a bad idea, and they can use the money saved to pay better interest on my savings and CDs. Think I'll write a letter to the board.:D

Tx Challenge
05-27-2011, 09:11 PM
It is always a relief when I am home in TX. There is no such thing as a drive thru in L.A. Got to fight for a parking space, then wait in a long line just to deposit a freaking check. How dare you have a question:mad: Might take an hour...

Tired ole Bobcat
05-28-2011, 09:40 AM
I like to go inside because at the drive thru you dont know if the person ahead of you is taking care of his business account. Inside there are all kinds of freebies water, cokes, popcorn, cookies and you can catch on the local gossip.

Blastoderm55
05-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Tired ole Bobcat
I like to go inside because at the drive thru you dont know if the person ahead of you is taking care of his business account. Inside there are all kinds of freebies water, cokes, popcorn, cookies and you can catch on the local gossip.

Don't go through the commercial lane and you should be safe.

Antec
05-30-2011, 02:28 PM
I have to go inside the bank every two weeks since I have debit card for my unemployment benefits to transfer to our banking account.

I rarely use the drive through unless we need cash on the weekend

I rarely carry more than $20 in cash in my wallet. I used our debit card

I like the friendly customer service at banks and don't mind waiting in line

Twirling Time
06-01-2011, 05:06 PM
100% ATM. I have direct deposit and whatever checks I get I deposit in the machine.

The last time I walked in the bank was a year ago to deposit some loose quarters.