PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 Bi-District Thoughts

Matthew328
11-09-2002, 09:32 PM
Division 1

Borger vs Brownfield: If you would have asked me about this game early in the year I would have picked Borger in a rout...but when Borger's TB went out for the year..the Borger offense has struggled big time...and Brownfield has a difference maker in TB Adrian Hines and I think he makes the difference..Brownfield in a mild upset by 6

Snyder vs Monahans: The Loboes have rebounded nicely from a bad year last year...Snyder has been very good at times this year but then they have been mediocre at times also...that being said I look for the Tigers to turn it on this week...Snyder by 21

Graham vs Abilene Wylie: These 2 met earlier in the year and Wylie pulled a mild upset....usually when teams play in the regular season and play again in the playoffs the winner in the regular season doesn't win twice..so with that I pick Graham in another tight one...Graham by 3

Lake Dallas vs Everman: these 2 met in the 2000 playoffs and Everman won 51-7...Everman is a better team now and Lake Dallas isn't as good..this could get ugly...Everman by 38

Division 2
Perryton vs Littlefield: the Rangers are poised to make a long run in D2..Littlefield barely snuk into the playoffs at 5-5...this looks like a mismatch..Perryton by 17

Sweetwater vs Kermit: Sweetwater has been unable to win the big one the last couple of years..granted they have lost to some great teams...is this the year Carillo can lead them to playoff glory?? Kermit got into the playoffs with an upset of Ft Stockton..they'll be one and done..Sweetwater by 23

Iowa Park vs Commanche: Commanche suprised some people by making it into the playoffs coming up from 2A...IP is a formidable foe however and I think IP rolls...Iowa Park by 27

Decatur vs Glen Rose: boy Glen Rose gets Kennedale, Everman and now Decatur 3 in a row...I do think the Tigers match up better with Decatur than either Kennedale or Everman..but I think Decatur still has too much for GR..Decatur by 18

Canyon vs Muleshoe: The Mules have been pretty good the past 2 seasons..this is somewhat of a rebuidling year for them...yet they still got into the playoffs...Canyon has played fairly well coming up from 4A..I think the Eagles roll...Canyon by 16

Denver City vs Midland Greenwood: DC got into the playoffs via an upset win over Snyder..Greenwood has rolled along to a perfect record...I think DC hangs around for a half but Greenwood pulls away...Greenwood by 22

Vernon vs Ballinger: on paper these 2 seem fairly equal except for one glaring thing...Antonio Posey...he makes the plays for Ballinger...Ballingr by 15

Bridgeport vs Kennedale: the marquee game in this region for the bi-district round...a rematch of last year's thrilling regional final won by the Bulls..Kennedale gets it done with a deadly ground game...while Bridgeport prefers to do their damage in the air...I have a feeling we'll see a ton of points in this one...whichever defense makes its mark on this one wins..and I am pickin Kennedale by 10