PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Still No. 1 in Metroplex?

Bullaholic
05-27-2011, 10:40 AM
With the Rangers going to a World Series, and now the Mavs playing for an NBA title, do you think the Metroplex support for the Cowboys is waining because of the 15-year SB drought?

SintonFan
05-27-2011, 10:42 AM
I think it has more to do with JJ.

Txbroadcaster
05-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
With the Rangers going to a World Series, and now the Mavs playing for an NBA title, do you think the Metroplex support for the Cowboys is waining because of the 12 year SB drought?

I still think when it is said and done DFW is a NFL town.

jason
05-27-2011, 10:43 AM
do you think the rangers or mavs could fill a 100,000+ seat stadium for a regular season game???

Bullaholic
05-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by jason
do you think the rangers or mavs could fill a 100,000+ seat stadium for a regular season game???

If the Cowboys don't make a showing pretty soon----there may be lots of new Rangers and Mavs fans not filling Cowboy Stadium.

Txbroadcaster
05-27-2011, 10:52 AM
If the Cowboys don't make a showing pretty soon----there may be lots of new Rangers and Mavs fans not filling Cowboy Stadium.

The Rangers and Mavs are the "cute" team right now..just like the Stars were when they were playing for titles. As long as they both win they will get the fans...but just earlier this year the Mav fan base was apathetic and tired of the early round exits..now they are all charged up and excited.

Bullaholic
05-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The Rangers and Mavs are the "cute" team right now..just like the Stars were when they were playing for titles. As long as they both win they will get the fans...but just earlier this year the Mav fan base was apathetic and tired of the early round exits..now they are all charged up and excited.

I agree--there probably is a lot of "heat of the moment" and "bandwagoning" going on with the Mavs right now---but sooner or later the protracted lack of SB appearances and deep playoff runs is going to begin to tell on the Cowboys---those Cowboy season tickets ain't cheap.

Txbroadcaster
05-27-2011, 11:03 AM
I agree--there probably is a lot of "heat of the moment" and "bandwagoning" going on with the Mavs right now---but sooner or later the protracted lack of SB appearances and deep playoff runs is going to begin to tell on the Cowboys---those Cowboy season tickets ain't cheap.

As long as the Cowboys dont fall to the late 80's level of 3-13 and 1-15 or even the early 2000's 5-11 years I think they will draw

Ernest T Bass
05-27-2011, 11:08 AM
The cowboys still sell out every week, even in a terrible year. When the Rangers or the Mavs are losing, no one cares.

Bullaholic
05-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
The cowboys still sell out every week, even in a terrible year. When the Rangers or the Mavs are losing, no one cares.

I hear you ETB---I'm a 50-year Cowboy fan--I just wonder how long that can last without some decline if the Cowboys continue to have sub-par years.

I do think the Cowboys and the Yankees are the two pro franchises that would be the last to begin to lose fans, however.

bigwood33
05-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Football is still king.

GrTigers6
05-27-2011, 11:16 AM
I have to admit, I am a huge fan of the rangers, A bandwagon fan of the mavs and stars. But I am an even bigger fan of the cowboys. I will schedule my day around the cowboys game, The rangers games I will try to work around so I can watch it. The mavs and stars I will watch if there is nothing else going on. With the exception of the playoffs, Then I will do what I can to watch them all.

zebrablue2
05-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I think it has more to do with JJ.

:iagree:

Txbroadcaster
05-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass

not true..in the 80's when Cowboys were bad they were not selling out..in the early 2000's to get fans in they were doing things like a ticket, a drink, a hot dog and a bobblehead doll for 30 bucks and were still not selling out

Roughneck93
05-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Cowboys will be fine. The Metroplex is buzzing with the success of most of their pro franchises and you can throw in TCU on the collegiate level, but this being Texas, football still runs things. I'll trade the Metroplex franchises for the Houston franchises any day. Be lucky you don't have to put up with these shenanigans. What do you say? I for one am looking forward to making my Thanksgiving Day trip to Cowboys Stadium this year (if there is football by then)!!

eagles_victory
05-27-2011, 04:06 PM
You also have to consider the NFL is a superior league to the NBA and MLB.

pirate4state
05-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
You also have to consider the NFL is a superior league to the NBA and MLB. yep :thumbsup:

Emerson1
05-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by jason
The cowboys only have 8 home games compared to 41 and 81.

PPHSfan
05-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
The cowboys only have 8 home games compared to 41 and 81.

George Carlin comes to mind right here.

Bearkat
05-27-2011, 09:47 PM
The COWBOYS will always be the "kings of the metroplex" no matter how well the RANGERS or the Mavericks play.

eagles_victory
05-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat
The COWBOYS will always be the "kings of the metroplex" no matter how well the RANGERS or the Mavericks play. Agreed and the Rangers and Mavs will never reach the national level that the Cowboys have.

Txbroadcaster
05-28-2011, 03:45 AM
Agreed and the Rangers and Mavs will never reach the national level that the Cowboys have.

If they ran of a couple of titles in a row or 3 out of 4 then they would get close but your right about one big thing, they will never have the prestige the Cowboys do..Even the Pats have not got that

Txbroadcaster
05-28-2011, 03:54 AM
Agreed and the Rangers and Mavs will never reach the national level that the Cowboys have.

If they ran of a couple of titles in a row or 3 out of 4 then they would get close but your right about one big thing, they will never have the prestige the Cowboys do..Even the Pats have not got that