View Full Version : Mavs vs Heat round 2

orange machine
05-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Can't stand the Heat.

BaseballUmp
05-26-2011, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Can't stand the Heat.

Does that mean you need to get out the kitchen?

OM is a chick!?!

99IHSMustang
05-26-2011, 10:53 PM
Ditto. Especially Lebron. Even though I am not a Dallas fan I hope they leave Lebron, Wade, and Bosh with the ugly bitter taste of defeat. Chicago couldn't close out their games and that is why they didn't make it to the big dance.

coach
05-26-2011, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Ditto. Especially Lebron. Even though I am not a Dallas fan I hope they leave Lebron, Wade, and Bosh with the ugly bitter taste of defeat. Chicago couldn't close out their games and that is why they didn't make it to the big dance.

Big dance? This is June not march

orange machine
05-26-2011, 11:02 PM
I want the Mavs to win but more than anything I want the Heat to lose because the Heat organization bought there way to this point with 3 super stars. You look at the Mavs they have 1 super star and a bunch of role players. I'm just not impressed with how the Heat have done it they should be the favorite in every game because of the 3.

Maroon87
05-26-2011, 11:06 PM
I will be pulling for the Mavs. How many other states could say that they have 3 NBA teams, much less 3 with championships?

How about none.

99IHSMustang
05-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by coach
Big dance? This is June not march

Big dance = NBA Championship game :)

BaseballUmp
05-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Big dance = NBA Championship game :)

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv297/1902togato/Gifs/3034244.gif

eagles_victory
05-26-2011, 11:49 PM
I want the Mavs to win but more than anything I want the Heat to lose because the Heat organization bought there way to this point with 3 super stars. You look at the Mavs they have 1 super star and a bunch of role players. I'm just not impressed with how the Heat have done it they should be the favorite in every game because of the 3. Where does it say you can't do that? Are the Heat suppose to say NO No Lebron and Bosh we don't want you. Hold it against the players not the team. You think the Mavs would of said no to Lebron or Bosh if they said they wanted to come to Dallas?

eagleqb_14
05-27-2011, 12:32 AM
ev and emerson are yall going to try and go to a game?

eagles_victory
05-27-2011, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
ev and emerson are yall going to try and go to a game? Im looking into it. I'm calling Savannah tomorrow about getting some tickets Bron said she will have some.

orange machine
05-27-2011, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Where does it say you can't do that? Are the Heat suppose to say NO No Lebron and Bosh we don't want you. Hold it against the players not the team. You think the Mavs would of said no to Lebron or Bosh if they said they wanted to come to Dallas?

Didn't say they couldn't play for them but let's face it with out James and Bosh the Heat are not in the finals. The same could be said when the Lakers had all the studs when O'Neal was there.

eagles_victory
05-27-2011, 01:39 AM
Didn't say they couldn't play for them but let's face it with out James and Bosh the Heat are not in the finals. The same could be said when the Lakers had all the studs when O'Neal was there. Take two of the best 3 players off any team and they're not going to be in the finals.

orange machine
05-27-2011, 03:24 AM
Take two of the best 3 players off any team and they're not going to be in the finals.
I get that but know team has the caliber team that the Heat have in there starting 5. I think the Mavericks can win this series but the Mavs will have to win it with there bench.

orange machine
05-27-2011, 03:40 AM
One thing for sure the media is in bed with the Heat and have them winning it.

Txbroadcaster
05-27-2011, 04:04 AM
One thing for sure the media is in bed with the Heat and have them winning it.

Really? most I have seen think this is a 7 game series that could go either way

Farmersfan
05-27-2011, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Really? most I have seen think this is a 7 game series that could go either way

V. Del Negro said he feels the Mavs are playing the best ball in the playoffs and have the best overall player in Dirk and the whole team has been the most impressive. He said the Mavs are the best team in the playoffs and yet he picked the Heat to win the series. This is the kind of stupidity we will be seeing for the next couple of days.

I would love to see the Mavs beat the prima-donna, hollywood Heat but I can't really see how they could. Not only do the Heat have the superstar big 3 but I think we will see some record breaking lopsided officiating in this next series. Everyone see the ridiculous acting crap by Labron in last night's game? And then he smiles and winks at Rose about it. He should be fined about a million for that.

waterboy
05-27-2011, 07:20 AM
Poor officiating or not, there won't be any excuses this time around. The Mavericks will have to play through any disparity in the officiating and not play the blame game. This is their best opportunity to win a championship, and I think they have what it takes. Whether or not they win it will depend on how focused they are. When this Maverick team is completely focused I can't see anybody beating them, including the Heat. This will be a tough series that could go either way, but if the Mavs can play Mavs ball they will win. However, if they allow the Heat to get momentum and play their style of ball it'll be a lot tougher to get wins. This series is truly a toss up as to who will win. I am ready to get it started!

FOUR WINS AWAY FROM THE RING, MAVS!!!

Farmersfan
05-27-2011, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Poor officiating or not, there won't be any excuses this time around. The Mavericks will have to play through any disparity in the officiating and not play the blame game. This is their best opportunity to win a championship, and I think they have what it takes. Whether or not they win it will depend on how focused they are. When this Maverick team is completely focused I can't see anybody beating them, including the Heat. This will be a tough series that could go either way, but if the Mavs can play Mavs ball they will win. However, if they allow the Heat to get momentum and play their style of ball it'll be a lot tougher to get wins. This series is truly a toss up as to who will win. I am ready to get it started!

FOUR WINS AWAY FROM THE RING, MAVS!!!

I agree! This will be the biggest stage they have ever played on and if they can't come out focused and intense in every single game of the series then they won't deserve to win. And I have a feeling Dirk is dialed in. I'm not sure the Heat have anyone who can come close to guarding him. Haslem is tough and did a good job on Dirk in the 06' series but this is a different Dirk and certainly a different Haslem.

Old Tiger
05-27-2011, 01:21 PM
bosh matches up well with dirk
wade guards kidd/terry with ease
mavs have no answe for lebron

heat in 5

waterboy
05-27-2011, 01:35 PM
You do realize the Heat haven't beaten the Mavs since the Finals in '04.........., don't you? The Mavs are 10-0 against the Heat since the '04 Finals. That doesn't mean they will beat the Heat in this series, but...........just saying......

eagles_victory
05-27-2011, 02:10 PM
You do realize the Heat haven't beaten the Mavs since the Finals in '04.........., don't you? The Mavs are 10-0 against the Heat since the '04 Finals. That doesn't mean they will beat the Heat in this series, but...........just saying...... No i didn't realize that I was under the impression the Pistons beat the Lakers in the 04 finals.

eagles_victory
05-27-2011, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
V. Del Negro said he feels the Mavs are playing the best ball in the playoffs and have the best overall player in Dirk and the whole team has been the most impressive. He said the Mavs are the best team in the playoffs and yet he picked the Heat to win the series. This is the kind of stupidity we will be seeing for the next couple of days.

I would love to see the Mavs beat the prima-donna, hollywood Heat but I can't really see how they could. Not only do the Heat have the superstar big 3 but I think we will see some record breaking lopsided officiating in this next series. Everyone see the ridiculous acting crap by Labron in last night's game? And then he smiles and winks at Rose about it. He should be fined about a million for that. Already making excuses before the series even starts. Miami is going to shoot more free throws they have the two best penetrators in the league who get to the rim and Dallas is a jump shooting team. So you're not going to be able to say just look at the officiating by the free throw attempts.

Farmersfan
05-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
bosh matches up well with dirk
wade guards kidd/terry with ease
mavs have no answe for lebron

heat in 5

Bosh is the 4th best defensive powerforward that Dirk will face in the playoffs. Lamarcus Aldridge, Lamar Odom and Pau Gasol were better than Bosh. On the offensive side both Gasol and Aldridge are higher rated than Bosh. Seems like the Mavs did pretty well against them.
And Durant was the #1 rated scorer in the NBA and Kobe, Westbrook and Aldridge were all within 5 points of Labrons points per game average. How did the Mavs do against them?
The Mavs bottom of the lineup and bench is way, way better than the Heats. Containing the big 3 will be tough but the question really should be can the Heat contain the big 5 to 7 for Dallas. There are 8 Mavs that have a higher scoring average than the #4 player (J. Jones) for the Heat. Should be a great series. I think Haslem could very well be the difference maker. Of course it seems Heywood has stepped up his game recently also.

waterboy
05-27-2011, 02:22 PM
No i didn't realize that I was under the impression the Pistons beat the Lakers in the 04 finals.
:doh: ...You got me! I meant the '06 Finals! I guess I was looking at the regular season series dating back to '04, in which the Mavs have beaten the Heat 14 straight...:mad:

Farmersfan
05-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Already making excuses before the series even starts. Miami is going to shoot more free throws they have the two best penetrators in the league who get to the rim and Dallas is a jump shooting team. So you're not going to be able to say just look at the officiating by the free throw attempts.

You don't have a clue EV.

Labron James, D. Wade, Kevin Durant, M. Westbrook and Kobe Bryant are all within 1 free throw attempt per game average for the entire season. And Dirk is right behind that with a average that is 2 attempts per game less. IN the playoffs both Durant and Dirk drove the basket more often than Wade and Labron. Check out the points in the paint totals for each team.............

Plus/Minus for points in the paint in the playoffs:

#5 Dallas +6.2
#10 Miami -3.2

Out of the Paint scoring.

#2 Miami +13.2
#5 Dallas +4.2

If you look at these plus/minus rankings you will see that Dallas is better than Miami in most categories. And for the entire season Dallas was ranked #8 in "In the Paint" scoring with a average of 40 points a game and Miami was ranked #28 with only 31 points a game in the paint.
Now, which team drives the basket more??????
Which team should get the most foul shots if we use your logic?????

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/11/4/pts/1-1

eagles_victory
05-27-2011, 02:50 PM
You don't have a clue EV.

Labron James, D. Wade, Kevin Durant, M. Westbrook and Kobe Bryant are all within 1 free throw attempt per game average for the entire season. And Dirk is right behind that with a average that is 2 attempts per game less. IN the playoffs both Durant and Dirk drove the basket more often than Wade and Labron. Check out the points in the paint totals for each team.............

Plus/Minus for points in the paint in the playoffs:

#5 Dallas +6.2
#10 Miami -3.2

Out of the Paint scoring.

#2 Miami +13.2
#5 Dallas +4.2

If you look at these plus/minus rankings you will see that Dallas is better than Miami in most categories. And for the entire season Dallas was ranked #8 in "In the Paint" scoring with a average of 40 points a game and Miami was ranked #28 with only 31 points a game in the paint.
Now, which team drives the basket more??????
Which team should get the most foul shots if we use your logic?????

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/11/4/pts/1-1 Miami has no low post scoring. Print out all your pretty little stats you want I watch the entire season not just the playoffs. If you think Dirk is even in the same level as driving to the basket as Lebron or Wade your crazy. Even the biggest Lebron critic Skip Bayless says Lebron is the greatest penetrator the NBA has ever seen. You can't judge driving to the basket by points in the paint. Miami should get the most free throws because they have two of the top three free throw guys in the league.If you think Dirk is better at driving to the basket than D Wade you must of been nowhere near a TV in the 2006 finals.

If you want to talk stats just look at thenumbers Wade, James, and Bosh all 3 shot more free throws per game than the highest Maverick player Dirk. Therefore Miami will shoot more free throws than Dallas because they have all season. Not to mention Miami has played the best 2 defensive teams in the league statistically in the playoffs while Dallas played the Lakers who completely unraveled and OKC and their defensive stopper Serge Ibaka lol.

Only stat you need to show that Miami will shoot more free throws because they get fouled more is Miami shot the 3rd most free throws in the league this year and Dallas was 22nd. Dallas is a jump shooting team for the most part therefore they won't shoot as many free throws.

Farmersfan
05-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Miami has no low post scoring. Print out all your pretty little stats you want I watch the entire season not just the playoffs. If you think Dirk is even in the same level as driving to the basket as Lebron or Wade your crazy. Even the biggest Lebron critic Skip Bayless says Lebron is the greatest penetrator the NBA has ever seen. You can't judge driving to the basket by points in the paint. Miami should get the most free throws because they have two of the top three free throw guys in the league.If you think Dirk is better at driving to the basket than D Wade you must of been nowhere near a TV in the 2006 finals.

If you want to talk stats just look at thenumbers Wade, James, and Bosh all 3 shot more free throws per game than the highest Maverick player Dirk. Therefore Miami will shoot more free throws than Dallas because they have all season.

So how is it that 2 of the top penetrators and drivers to the basket are ranked #28 in the NBA is points in the paint? ;) ;)

OK. Labron and Wade averaged right at 2 FTs a game each more than Dirk did for the regular season. So using that thought then Miami should get 4 more FTs a game than Dallas does, right? But what about the entire teams? Dallas averaged 23 FTs a game in the regular season while Miami averaged 28. That is basically the Wade and Labron difference. (There is actually only a 4 FT difference in the playoffs).
So considering the Heat have averaged only 5 more FTs in the regular season and 4 more FTs in the playoffs, how many more FTs should the Heat get in this series???? ;) ;) ;)

So let's wait and see what happens.

forum_guy
05-27-2011, 03:32 PM
And I have a feeling Dirk is dialed in. I'm not sure the Heat have anyone who can come close to guarding him.

And lets hear your brilliant idea on how the mavs plan to guard wade bosh and lebron. The Mavs have Dirk and at any point of the game the Heat can have 3 Dirks. Open your homer eyes bro.

eagles_victory
05-27-2011, 03:59 PM
So how is it that 2 of the top penetrators and drivers to the basket are ranked #28 in the NBA is points in the paint? ;) ;)

OK. Labron and Wade averaged right at 2 FTs a game each more than Dirk did for the regular season. So using that thought then Miami should get 4 more FTs a game than Dallas does, right? But what about the entire teams? Dallas averaged 23 FTs a game in the regular season while Miami averaged 28. That is basically the Wade and Labron difference. (There is actually only a 4 FT difference in the playoffs).
So considering the Heat have averaged only 5 more FTs in the regular season and 4 more FTs in the playoffs, how many more FTs should the Heat get in this series???? ;) ;) ;)

So let's wait and see what happens. You're the one complaining about the officiating before the series starts not me.

Saggy Aggie
05-27-2011, 04:02 PM

So let's wait and see what happens. what? :doh:

TheDOCTORdre
05-27-2011, 05:45 PM
:doh: ...You got me! I meant the '06 Finals! I guess I was looking at the regular season series dating back to '04, in which the Mavs have beaten the Heat 14 straight...:mad:

Before the playoffs Miami had beat Chicago and Boston a grand total of 1 time in the regular season, we all saw how they fared against them in the playoffs. Throw those 14 straight out the window

Emerson1
05-27-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
ev and emerson are yall going to try and go to a game?
Yep. I'm shooting for 2 on one computer and a single on the other. I will sit and go by myself if I have to.

Old Tiger
05-28-2011, 01:57 AM
farmersfan is the rocket of the dallas mavericks fanbase. lol

GrTigers6
05-28-2011, 07:04 AM
Its my opinion that the heat have too many ball hogs on there team and it tends to hurt them from time to time, especially when they are having an off night. Now if everything is clicking for them they could hurt you in the same manner because the defense cant just guard 1 or two players, they have to worry about all 5. On the other hand the mavs if hot have 7-8 players you have to watch out for, either in the paint or brhind the 3 point.
Its gonna be an interesting series but I think this mavs team has the determination to pull it off.

eagles_victory
05-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Its my opinion that the heat have too many ball hogs on there team and it tends to hurt them from time to time, especially when they are having an off night. Now if everything is clicking for them they could hurt you in the same manner because the defense cant just guard 1 or two players, they have to worry about all 5. On the other hand the mavs if hot have 7-8 players you have to watch out for, either in the paint or brhind the 3 point.
Its gonna be an interesting series but I think this mavs team has the determination to pull it off. lol

icu812
05-30-2011, 10:28 AM
I can't post pics but this is a funny cHeat pic

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lly21aOMid1qk0oqro1_500.jpg

Saggy Aggie
05-30-2011, 12:11 PM
lol I was thinking the same thing. Great breakdown.

Old Tiger
05-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by icu812

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lly21aOMid1qk0oqro1_500.jpg How did the heat "cHeat?"

easy way out?

eagles_victory
05-30-2011, 01:09 PM

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lly21aOMid1qk0oqro1_500.jpg Same guy saying its watered down because no great players play together post this lol.

icu812
05-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Same guy saying its watered down because no great players play together post this lol.

The NBA is watered down because there are more teams today.

When MJ didn't win a title right away he didn't host a tv special to announce he's leaving the Bulls to meet up with Barkley to go play with Magic in LA.

Btw, I know the Heat didn't cheat. Just stirrin the pot. I also didn't create the "easy way out" pic. Although, I do agree with it.

eagles_victory
05-30-2011, 02:25 PM
The NBA is watered down because there are more teams today.

When MJ didn't win a title right away he didn't host a tv special to announce he's leaving the Bulls to meet up with Barkley to go play with Magic in LA.

Btw, I know the Heat didn't cheat. Just stirrin the pot. I also didn't create the "easy way out" pic. Although, I do agree with it. Lol I must of missed Chris Boshs MVP seasons.

icu812
05-30-2011, 03:09 PM
this is what they are wearing in Cleveland for the finals :D

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/93/936777.jpg

On topic, the Mavs have to limit their turnovers and shoot a high percentage to have a chance. No way they can stop LBJ and Wade in the open court. Should be a great series. I'd really like Dirk and Kidd to top off their hall of fame careers with a championship.

TheDOCTORdre
05-30-2011, 04:42 PM
One of the biggest concern for the Mavs has to be Terry's defense against Wade

Txbroadcaster
05-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
One of the biggest concern for the Mavs has to be Terry's defense against Wade

I dont think that will be much of an issue as some think...when Terry is in he will be on the PG not Wade

crzyjournalist03
05-30-2011, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Yep. I'm shooting for 2 on one computer and a single on the other. I will sit and go by myself if I have to.

I tried through phone and internet for half an hour on Saturday and had no luck at all. I thought I'd be good because I was refreshing the ticketmaster page every couple of seconds and clicked through it as fast as I possibly could once it came up...probably 10-15 seconds through the captcha and everything and couldn't get any tickets.

Emerson1
05-30-2011, 07:43 PM
I got one in 311 and one in 331. Just sold the one in 331.

waterboy
05-31-2011, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Before the playoffs Miami had beat Chicago and Boston a grand total of 1 time in the regular season, we all saw how they fared against them in the playoffs. Throw those 14 straight out the window
..:thinking: ....You're right. What happened in the regular season doesn't matter now. The Mavs had won at least 4 in-a-row regular season games the last time these two teams met in the Finals, and we know how that turned out. If not for a complete meltdown the Mavs would've won that series. My point is the Mavs know they CAN beat the Heat. Will they? Who knows? Some on here laugh at the suggestion that the Mavs will win this series, but, in my opinion, the Mavs WILL win this series. I'm not being a homer when I say that, either. We'll see how it plays out......

FOUR MORE WINS FOR THE RING!!!

Phil C
05-31-2011, 01:18 PM
Go Mavericks Go!

Phil C
05-31-2011, 01:20 PM
I hope the Mavs win but in reality I expect the Heat to win it because they have home court advantage and the three superstars. But the games should mostly be close and competitive. I would love to be wrong though.

Phil C
05-31-2011, 01:26 PM
If the Mavs can split in the first two games at Miami and then two out of three in Dallas they will have a chance but I still think Miami takes it. I would love to be wrong.

big daddy russ
05-31-2011, 02:07 PM
Dallas needs to hope that the layover doesn't affect Dirk's sick offensive streak. The plays that he's making right now are just stupid, and nobody--not even Dirk--can keep up this pace for too long.

First playoffs I've found myself rooting for Dallas in a long time. But my head tells me they lose. With Dirk playing the way he's been, making the ridiculous shots he's been making, they're a point better than the Heat. If Dirk comes back down to regular superstar level, Miami's the better team.

I've got Miami in 5 or 6.

eagles_victory
05-31-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Dallas needs to hope that the layover doesn't affect Dirk's sick offensive streak. The plays that he's making right now are just stupid, and nobody--not even Dirk--can keep up this pace for too long.

First playoffs I've found myself rooting for Dallas in a long time. But my head tells me they lose. With Dirk playing the way he's been, making the ridiculous shots he's been making, they're a point better than the Heat. If Dirk comes back down to regular superstar level, Miami's the better team.

I've got Miami in 5 or 6. There have been several Mavs playingway over their heads so far in the postseason.Peja, Barea, and Dirk are all going to have to keep playing at that level to win this series.

eagles_victory
05-31-2011, 04:01 PM
Imagine this team

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/Dirk-Bemoans-Not-Being-Asked-to-Join-Heat-99496869.html

waterboy
05-31-2011, 04:13 PM
If Dirk would've signed with the Heat instead of the Mavs, I think he would still have his 25+ PPG average in a Heat uniform, in my opinion. I'm glad they didn't "recruit" him.

Emerson1
05-31-2011, 04:42 PM
Dirk wasn't the right color for Wade.

eagles_victory
05-31-2011, 05:20 PM
30-27 Dallas early 2nd quarter

Saggy Aggie
05-31-2011, 06:04 PM
30-27 Dallas early 2nd quarter :confused:

eagles_victory
05-31-2011, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
:confused: Heat win 95-92 Terry missed a 3 at the buzzer.